More maps please . . . . and can you bring back some old maps?

Maps old maps new maps game settings game environments terrain game maps Scenarios scenario maps add maps

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Kriegseber #1 Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23404 battles
  • [UFW] UFW

Ticket #1853878

Category:
World of Tanks
Sub-category:
Game mechanics
Hi guys,

I have been asked on behalf of my clan (UFW - United Forces of the World) to ask you to implement more maps and reinstate some of your old maps. 

WoT had lots of old maps that were removed. They were replaced by doubled maps like:
Ruinberg & Ruinberg in winter
Himmelsdorf & Himmelsdorf in Winter
Prokhorovka & Prokhorovka --- Firey Salient

We are pretty tired of these 3 (6) maps. 

Everyone in my clan would like to see the return of the old, really cool maps that you had like:
Dragon Ridge*
Hidden Village
Pearl River*
Province*
Port
Northwest
Komarin*
South Coast*
Severogorsk*

* These maps were especially well-liked!

We would greatly appreciate the return of these maps. I am pretty sure that we are not the only ones, who would like to see this. We hear the same wish from a lot of players. 

Best,

-Kriegseber

Answered

REOPENCLOSE

Replies

Jakub Sobieski 

Dear Kriegseber,

Thank you for contacting the Wargaming Support.

If you have a constructive point concerning a change, the first place to go to are the forums due to the fact, that a) this is the best way to direct feedback to the developers (the community team helps with that) and b) redundant feedback is avoided and feedback in general can be as constructive as possible, since all ideas and opinions are taken into account.

If you have any other questions or requests do not hesitate to contact us again. Otherwise: Good luck on the battlefield!

Kind regards,

Jakub Sobieski
Customer Support Representative
Wargaming Support EU
Follow us on Twitter

ENG: Thank you in advance for filling in the survey. It will help us to improve the quality of our services.

DE: Wir bedanken uns im Voraus für das Ausfüllen der Umfrage, die in Kürze verfügbar sein wird. Dies wird uns helfen die Qualität unserer Dienste zu verbessern.

Conor_Notorious_McGregor #2 Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22565 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA
I think there are enough maps. The issue seems to be map rotation. I believe WG is attempting to fix that in the next patch. I would of course like more maps as well.

Jigabachi #3 Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17369 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostConor_Notorious_McGregor, on 26 March 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

I think there are enough maps.

Agreed. The problem is that most of those maps suck and offer close to zero freedom in movement and tactics.

edit: Played almost 2h and didn't get a single open map. Only one semi-open one. But 3x Ensk.

Edited by Jigabachi, 26 March 2017 - 09:12 PM.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 58179 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostKriegseber, on 26 March 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

* These maps were especially well-liked!

Liked by who? There were more topics about getting them removed or fixed when we had them, then people asking for them back after we lost them. Port is the only one I want back. As that was removed for game mechanic reasons. Not lemming fails and campers. Not many of those maps were bad by design, but just played bad, or exactly the same by 90% of the players. Thus there was no reason to have them in the first place. As most did not see it as fun covering 90% of the map alone. Like south coast were one team never left base 9 out 10 games except that one tank.

Hidden village is my personal favorite. Everyone complained to WG about them only using 30% of the map, and thus making the play area small. Then still only uses 20% of the map they have there again. I'm sure most never even knew there was a small village there.

WG did talk about Dragon ridge not long ago, that was removed since everyone went the 9 lane, and no one ever used the 1 to 8 lane.  But if they do bring it back, they would have to flatten the rest of the map to make it "appealing". There were some other maps they are infarct considering bringing back, but not like we knew then. As none of the maps worked in the current state.

And people are asking for bigger maps. The removed maps just shows why that still won't work in this game yet.

Edited by Balc0ra, 26 March 2017 - 11:21 PM.

Shivva #5 Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28449 battles
  • [R-U] R-U
Only ones I really miss are the original Sveregorsk and North-Wests final incarnation. I know they weren't everyones cuppa tea but for me they were 2 of the maps I had a lotta fun on.

brisha #6 Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14963 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I likes a few of those maps too but the biggest problem with most of them is they are just to small with impassable terrain taking up a fair bit of the maps. This meant that a scout only had to move a few meters and everything lit up like Christmas trees.

Conor_Notorious_McGregor #7 Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22565 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA

View PostJigabachi, on 26 March 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Agreed. The problem is that most of those maps suck and offer close to zero freedom in movement and tactics.

edit: Played almost 2h and didn't get a single open map. Only one semi-open one. But 3x Ensk.

Are felling unwell? I have never seen you not bark at someone when posting. most irregular.

Marlekin #8 Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33324 battles

People, please.

WG is in the middle of turning all the maps into HD. Their priorities for 2017 are very clear. Bringing back old maps is probably not even on their list. Oh, if you want the eyecandy:

PS: When these HD maps come around, all your low setting potato computers will burn hotter than the seven gates of hell.

PPS: Nah im kidding. 

Edited by Marlekin, 27 March 2017 - 07:05 PM.

sabresteel #9 Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15152 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMarlekin, on 27 March 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

People, please.

WG is in the middle of turning all the maps into HD. Their priorities for 2017 are very clear. Bringing back old maps is probably not even on their list. Oh, if you want the eyecandy:

PS: When these HD maps come around, all your low setting potato computers will burn hotter than the seven gates of hell.

here you go...

• Warming is going to work on old/classic maps so they can come back to the game, for example Port and Dragon Ridge;
  • Wargaming will balance between updating existing maps to new graphics, improve these maps and work on new maps;
  • Wargaming is using heat maps from the live server so they understand what is wrong with each map in order to improve them;
  • When creating new maps, Wargaming uses data from other maps to understand what they did wrong and what players like
  • Wargaming has currently a lot of resources currently working on the new map graphics;
  • Wargaming plans to release all maps in a very short period of time;
  • Maps are not bigger, but the outland has changed creating an effect that maps are bigger;
  • In terms of performance, if players are able to play the game on current minimal graphics, they will still be able to play with the new maps and shouldn’t notice any changes in the performance
  • Wargaming is currently discussing bigger maps and there might be news in the upcoming weeks about it

https://thedailyboun...-digest-030317/

Edited by sabresteel, 27 March 2017 - 07:09 PM.

Marlekin #10 Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33324 battles

Oh hey thats actually very interesting. Thank alooo... 

*hypnotised by dingers gif*

Jigabachi #11 Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17369 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostConor_Notorious_McGregor, on 27 March 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

Are felling unwell? I have never seen you not bark at someone when posting. most irregular.

Huh? Me?

You either draw conclusions based on some few and rare cases where I dropped my countenance for a second, or... well. Or I have a dark twin that I didn't know of yet.

Venatacia #12 Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30359 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 27 March 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

People, please.

​So WG just takes all the colour out of the new maps. The new images look void of any colour, bland.

Marlekin #13 Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33324 battles

View PostVenatacia, on 27 March 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

​So WG just takes all the colour out of the new maps. The new images look void of any colour, bland.

Oh dont worry, these maps are not for you. 

_Poe #14 Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8592 battles

My first battle in this game, and my first love and passion for this game happened on Province.

I will never forget this map and  I am sad WG has removed such beauty.

Edited by _Poe, 27 March 2017 - 08:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users