Jump to content


New artillery style

artillery style

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: new artillery mod (27 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think this would work, the coordinate-based artillery game modes?

  1. Yes (12 votes [44.44%])

    Percentage of vote: 44.44%

  2. No (15 votes [55.56%])

    Percentage of vote: 55.56%

Vote Hide poll

H8CORE #1 Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 49143 battles
  • 3
  • [1EHUN] 1EHUN
  • Member since:
    01-26-2011
I came up with a whole new style of game out of artillery tanks. It is also found in Wows and battlefied 1942 it is also available from. A lot of discussion going on that artilerry tanks too dangerous. This new style would change but that would not leave away a role in the game. Now the game is to expand the existing minimap sectors longitude and latitude degrees. As we activate the targeting accuracy of the gunners lost, but the area is increased damage , the damage would be off as much as at present. The artillery loss of precision but would remain supportive role. It's of a chance to add slow tanks to attack. If you are interested in developing their thinking on the whole we are happy to share with anyone in order to avoid a artillery from the game.

Attached Files

  • Attached File   letöltésaaaa.jpg   24.15K


HeidenSieker #2 Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,652
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostH8CORE, on 28 March 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

I came up with a whole new style of game out of artillery tanks. It is also found in Wows and battlefied 1942 it is also available from. A lot of discussion going on that artilerry tanks too dangerous. This new style would change but that would not leave away a role in the game. Now the game is to expand the existing minimap sectors longitude and latitude degrees. As we activate the targeting accuracy of the gunners lost, but the area is increased damage , the damage would be off as much as at present. The artillery loss of precision but would remain supportive role. It's of a chance to add slow tanks to attack. If you are interested in developing their thinking on the whole we are happy to share with anyone in order to avoid a artillery from the game.

 

Sorry, I don't understand that. Will you explain a little more, please?

H8CORE #3 Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 49143 battles
  • 3
  • [1EHUN] 1EHUN
  • Member since:
    01-26-2011
As I wrote the artillery of the coordinates shoot.The damage would remain,the area damage radins of would increase,but the accuracy would deteriorate because of these.The artillery supporting the role in addition to help the exam,slow down the attack,but it would be a shot blast off.After the shot to impact more than one vehicles damage would be dealt,but this decreased of the detonation outwardly from the center.In addition the immobilized deed vehicle the obtained results added to cintributed to the damage zone.The artillery would see a map view,of detected vehicles would see the same way as minimap.If you turn off the crosshair mode ready to fire is normally as before.Possibly it could be released to the shot on impact when show hit the tank,provided that there is a elucidated.They might be able to tmark to tip the ball the moment of the target area the same way as the fort battles.Thus the team staff time to escape the spray zones.Thus avoidin the artillery anyone blaune,of course there will always be exceptions.But it also a solution could be to before the artillery shoot before a purpose flag key to mark the area.With this new mode halted of counter arty,but the area damage for could shoot the usual places.
Any question emerge feel free to do it for everything you have worked out idea.

Ragestadt #4 Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14496 battles
  • 7
  • [BROP] BROP
  • Member since:
    04-13-2015
Thank you Wargaming for your great logic in buffing the Artillery. Thank you so much, now they can kill even moving light tanks. The game is called World of Tanks, yet it seems that the game also features non tank machines. Artillery differentiates from tanks in that: 

Tanks shoot in an almost straight line: it must have its target in its line of sight. Derived from this fact is the fact that whenever a tank shoots, it is exposed (visible) to its target, and that in order to shoot it must get close enough to see the enemy. Therefore in Tank vs Tank battles, both sides commonly see each other. The ranges for tank fights are up to about 5km. Tanks can shoot at structures, but cannot "shell" an area effectively (that is, bombard an area to "cover" it). A modern tank can hit a target the size of a tank at 3km on either the first or the second shot fired. Quite accurate.

Howitzers and self-propelled guns are both artillery, that is, they shoot upwards, and usually cannot visually see their targets (no line of sight). They aim by using maps, compases, GPS and reports on the enemy whereabouts. An observer reports back to the artillery unit on how they did and to correct their aiming. Both are used to shell / bombard an area without precision in distances for of up to 20km (or even more). Hitting within 50 meters of the target is considered a good "hit" and is about the best accuracy one should expect. Since these kind of guns shoot far and don't require line of sight, they are usually placed in the battlefield behind the front lines, therefore they rarely have face-to-face friction with the enemy. For these reasons the armours of the artillery guns are thin to nonexistent whereas the armour on a tank can be a order of magnitude thicker.

*These are the basics of the difference- nowadays there exceptions to many of the abovementioned facts, but the basis of the diffrentiation stays - tracked vehicles that shoot using line of sight are tanks, while shooting in a ballistic trajectory (with no LOS) is what defines artillery. Mortars are considered artillery as well.

Then tell me... why is the game called World of Tanks? since it features also something else. Not to mention the fact that Artillery can see what happens on the map, which is not true to life. They should take hints from their teammates where to shoot, they should be blind as a bat. But no, you give them better aim and stun mechanics besides the fact that they can see what happens on the map. With all due respect, but I dont see the logic. This is a great game and I really enjoy it, but it seems you, Wargaming, favor Artillery instead of tanks. Thank you.

Darth_Clicker #5 Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:07 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 57208 battles
  • 3,376
  • [4RCE] 4RCE
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013

View PostReichstadt, on 28 April 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

Thank you Wargaming for your great logic in buffing the Artillery. Thank you so much, now they can kill even moving light tanks. The game is called World of Tanks, yet it seems that the game also features non tank machines. Artillery differentiates from tanks in that: 

Tanks shoot in an almost straight line: it must have its target in its line of sight. Derived from this fact is the fact that whenever a tank shoots, it is exposed (visible) to its target, and that in order to shoot it must get close enough to see the enemy. Therefore in Tank vs Tank battles, both sides commonly see each other. The ranges for tank fights are up to about 5km. Tanks can shoot at structures, but cannot "shell" an area effectively (that is, bombard an area to "cover" it). A modern tank can hit a target the size of a tank at 3km on either the first or the second shot fired. Quite accurate.

Howitzers and self-propelled guns are both artillery, that is, they shoot upwards, and usually cannot visually see their targets (no line of sight). They aim by using maps, compases, GPS and reports on the enemy whereabouts. An observer reports back to the artillery unit on how they did and to correct their aiming. Both are used to shell / bombard an area without precision in distances for of up to 20km (or even more). Hitting within 50 meters of the target is considered a good "hit" and is about the best accuracy one should expect. Since these kind of guns shoot far and don't require line of sight, they are usually placed in the battlefield behind the front lines, therefore they rarely have face-to-face friction with the enemy. For these reasons the armours of the artillery guns are thin to nonexistent whereas the armour on a tank can be a order of magnitude thicker.

*These are the basics of the difference- nowadays there exceptions to many of the abovementioned facts, but the basis of the diffrentiation stays - tracked vehicles that shoot using line of sight are tanks, while shooting in a ballistic trajectory (with no LOS) is what defines artillery. Mortars are considered artillery as well.

Then tell me... why is the game called World of Tanks? since it features also something else. Not to mention the fact that Artillery can see what happens on the map, which is not true to life. They should take hints from their teammates where to shoot, they should be blind as a bat. But no, you give them better aim and stun mechanics besides the fact that they can see what happens on the map. With all due respect, but I dont see the logic. This is a great game and I really enjoy it, but it seems you, Wargaming, favor Artillery instead of tanks. Thank you.

 

The definition of the word "Tank" in military terms is open for interpretation. For every definition that excludes artillery you can find one that includes artillery.  The same definitions that exclude artillery also exclude many vehicles of all classes in this game.

 

Would you be satisfied with the name of the game if it were called "Fred"?



H8CORE #6 Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 49143 battles
  • 3
  • [1EHUN] 1EHUN
  • Member since:
    01-26-2011
I think artillery is a tank. Has been installed and is moving. I did not think the stun mechanics would take the essence of the space game. I thought the wargaming had a bit more in the tarsome than that. What I outlined the idea was that it came from the game I do not know exactly what that idea came from me, but I see it in my mind. In any case, this is a big deal because a wargaming wanderer transforms the role of combat vehicles as a group of wailing players! An artillery is capable of shooting at a great distance in the game, but it is still when the ammunition does not blow because it is also fired from the monitor. I have experience in World Of Tanks. And if there is a way to do it somehow solve the WG because it's such a big crap! And do not let yourself be overwhelmed by a pile of snuffers who can not accept being fired in a fighting game.

Edited by H8CORE, 21 June 2017 - 06:22 PM.


Darth_Clicker #7 Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:16 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 57208 battles
  • 3,376
  • [4RCE] 4RCE
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013

View PostH8CORE, on 21 June 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

I think artillery is a tank. Has been installed and is moving. I did not think the stun mechanics would take the essence of the space game. I thought the wargaming had a bit more in the tarsome  
than that. What I outlined the idea was that it came from the game I do not know exactly what that idea came from me, but I see it in my mind. In any case, this is a big deal because a wargaming 
wanderer transforms the role of combat vehicles as a group of wailing players! An artillery is capable of shooting at a great distance in the game, but it is still when the ammunition does not blow because 
it is also fired from the monitor. I have experience in World Of Tanks. And if there is a way to do it somehow solve the WG because it's such a big crap! And do not let yourself be overwhelmed by a pile 
of snuffers who can not accept being fired in a fighting game.

 

I dont know why, but this is probably my favorite post in the artillery forum so far..

Edited by Darth_Clicker, 22 June 2017 - 05:19 AM.


Orcrist #8 Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:14 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 36460 battles
  • 70
  • [TDRA] TDRA
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011
I'm pretty fed up with the Giant Nerf. Just played my T9 French. I kept taking 29 points of a Type 4 Heavy. With a shell that in real life (ha) would have dug a crater big enough to bury the Type 4. In my M55 I seem to get 300 damage with direct hits on same tier tanks. Less than a heavy tank would. The stun mechanics are a joke, just included to please the artie-haters who know that. My artie kill rate has dropped dramatically since this began. I pay my money too....

Somnorila #9 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:06 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 57002 battles
  • 2,148
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012

Was thinking about this some time ago but i don't feel it to be attractive even if it's more reasonable regarding realism and such. I mean i would feel out of the battle. Now when you're reloading you can watch the battle and take notes what to do next. In your form you can't see what is happening and when you're reloading it's just downtime. It may work if your reload time would be very low to spam shells all match. But how about friendly fire and such. Like i said i was thinking about this long ago. And I was thinking something about a different map than the minimap. One more detailed that would show when you press the snipe button, you know instead of camera change. So a detailed map, basically the whole 3d map but at a smaller size on which instead of tank you see icons. So your spotted enemies and all allies and your target in the center of the two axes that move with your target. You can't see what is happening there nor your shells. But your shells go every time where you're pointing the target. Somewhat like your sight is fully aimed all the time. You see the circle where the shell might fall, no fine tuning. But also you have to have fast reload big splash and decent damage. It would also be cool to be able to make marks on the detailed map that is shared by all allied arties.

 

But i would propose something different. To make arties in to categories. One that brings the rain and one that nukes everything. Meaning that one type has high shell arcs, slow shells, fast reload, slow aiming time, low damage, bad accuracy, high splash that brings the rain in an area. And one that has slow reload time, fast aiming time, narrow shell arc, fast shells, good accuracy, low to no splash, huge shell damage that nukes everything it hits making it a sniper with a high probability for one shot its targets.

Now to balance this the maps need a closer look. But aside that, the most important is the spotting mechanic. I propose that LT's and SPG's be same as now, whenever their spotting rays hit an enemy, it is spotted for everyone as long the rays keep hitting it and also for a specific amount of time after no rays hit him anymore. But for the rest of the classes things must be a bit different. When HT's MT's and TD's spot something, the enemies are shown automatically to all team but the arties. In order for the allied arties to see them too i propose something different. For MT's, the arty sees only the enemies in the sight of any allied MT. And by sight i mean in front if their gun, similar to how Designated targets works, with a narrow arc. The enemies appear and disappear instantly if only one allied MT is "watching" them and is switching on and off. For the HT's and TD's they have to manually paint targets using the call for assistance button on an enemy. When a HT does it, the arty sees the enemies in front of the allied HT, just like the MT's. But when the allied HT backs off or is watching in a different place, only the painted tank remains spotted for the normal spotting time while the rest disappear instantly. A TD can show it's allied arty only one enemy by painting it. So in order to show multiple targets he must call for assistance on multiple enemies.

Of course that these changes demand better maps, in no way under 1000x1000 for top tier battles. And also set team templates where both teams have equal numbers of each tank class, something like 4HT/4MT/2-3TD/2-3SPC/2LT. I mean you can change it up whatever as long there are 2LTs and are 2-3 Spg's or none, not ever just one.

 

Oh, like i said i already made similar posts and threads long ago so don't expect that anyone that can do anything will read and actually do something about it. As long money flows, their interest in actually making the game work for the better is not increasing.


Edited by Somnorila, 02 January 2018 - 02:01 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users