should i buy Leopard 1 on Top of the tree discount?

leopard 1 top of the tree tier x med support tank

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Should i buy Leo 1? (14 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

should i?

1. yes (10 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. no (4 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Hide poll

marin151 #1 Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 47807 battles
  • [HOOL] HOOL

Hi everybody, i was wondering can you help me figure out this one?

So the next top of the tree is leopard 1 as we all know and i was wondering what leopard 1 can do that other tier X meds can't?!

At start i have to say this is my opinion and does not mean im right or wrong this should be debate about tanks and nothing more.

For the start we all know that all meds are not the same and and WG thinks the same so they divde meds into support tanks, and calvary tanks, and i will do the same here. 

So support tanks would be:Leopard 1, Centurin AX, M48 Patton, STB-1 and AMX 30B (ignore autoloaders, and russian tanks all have kind of run'n'gun playstyle )

Again we can ignore tanks like M48, STB1 and we all know why they can't compare with 0.3 accuracy Leopard have and they kind of have different playstyle, and i also think we can add E50M for obvious reson. 

So we are left with Centurion AX, AMX 30 B  and E50 M.

Here with start with comparison, AMX 30 B i did not play cant say anything about it and most players say leo is better and i dont see a lot of those with 30 B in randoms.

E50 M lack DPM to be best tank in game in my opinion and is little bit sluggish, bad camo but is balanced by great armor wich is even stronger now in HD, and have "only" -8 gun depression compared to this 2, also 30 deg of turret travers make it very hard to track fast targets at close to mid range.

Now Centurion AX , this one dont lack DPM, it may not be fast as leopard with 53 kmh but  it have very good ground resistance that makes him very fast to accelerate and it does not lose much of it speed when turining so it is very mobile. 0.32 accuracy is not 0.3 but with my crew and setup it is .28 wich is great. Armor on Centurion is not great but on flat ground you can get some lucky bounce, good against lower tier tanks and scouts, but when you use your gun depression, at medium to long range it become very hard to pen (bc i bounced 2 time jpanzer e100 round in one game)

So the only advantage over this 2(still dont know AMX) that Leopard have is little bit better aim time wich is balanced by very bad dispersion on the move, it is fastest tier X medium ( this compared to meds ,not to maus so not a big thing) and shooting at long range with 0.08 dispersion on turret traverse+ 38 deg of turret traverse make it best sniper in game(again this is not that amazing compared to this 2). The only thing left to talk about is armor wich can bounce only when someone failplatoon with tier I and you meet that tier I. JK it can sometime bounce but even tier VII scouts can easily pen your front. At tier IX with PTA you could still use camo and VR to your advantage when you are aginst tier VIII and tier VII, but now at tier X you have tanks like M48(with great crew and optics) wich is going to spot you at 445m if you are moving. Also at the moment map rotation and new maps are not very leopard friendly bc WG dont like when we are sniping heavys.

This is what i think about leopard 1 form playing PTA and tank.gg

Whole point of this topic was, why should i buy leopard 1(except to expand my tank collection) and spend 4 million creds that i could spend buying other tanks if there is alredy 2 tanks in my garage that can do almost everything good  as leopard and also do some things that leopard cant (like take a hit), and im kind of bored at the moment and dont know what to do so im writing this down.... 

Soooo, i'm maybe wrong, if you think otherwise you are free to try to change my opinon.

ThatWasCalculated #2 Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12938 battles

I can't really say whether or not you should buy it. All I can say is you might be saving a lot of money in buying it while it's in the top of the tree than when it's not. From what I understand it will be discounted. Also, think about the crew training you can get if you do buy it and you don't have a crew right now. If you don't buy it now, then I cannot see the logic in doing so later other than it being more convenient to start it's grind later.

I personally started playing the game not too long ago, my first tier 9 is the Leo Pta, I don't really like it much as I find it's game play can be very frustrating. For me, I am happy to play the sniping from distance, shoot, relocate, shoot, relocate game maybe 5 times a day max, but then I get really really bored and frustrated of it especially when I feel powerless to help my team win in critical situations.

For this reason, I started grinding out the Russian mediums, and although I do not plan to play the leo 1 a lot, I guess I will get it just because it's discounted. 

EDIT:

P.s. The maps in this game are just far too small for a tank like this to take full advantage of distance. You're more likely to get a small city map or city combined with some open areas. But until you get to the late game in most maps, you will find it difficult to take advantage of this tank's true strengths.. I just wish we would add maybe 2 super large maps in the rotation. Then scouts might actually have a role.

Hope this helps,

Omar

Edited by Omar_Khalil, 31 March 2017 - 05:55 AM.

cro001 #3 Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:12 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32599 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I would get the Leo1. It's not very good at winning but it's very sneaky, fast and accurate so it's never boring to play. Feels like tier 10 RU251.

Eokokok #4 Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18742 battles
No point whatsoever. Only AMX is worse... It already is iffy tank to play, being an oversized tier X scout. When tier X LTs get here it will be even more redundant. CAX does Leo work better being more versitile, STB can do med range better. Leo though...

ThatWasCalculated #5 Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12938 battles

Just an update on my thoughts...

I've just tried out the tier x scouts, and man, the Leo pta right now feels so redundant. The tier x scouts play exactly how I expected to play my leo pta, except they are much much better tanks. You have the same Alfa, but your speed and cammo just put the pta to shame. I also decided to try out the TVP and that thing is just a better vehicle in my opinion.

marin151 #6 Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 47807 battles
  • [HOOL] HOOL

View Postcro001, on 31 March 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

I would get the Leo1. It's not very good at winning but it's very sneaky, fast and accurate so it's never boring to play. Feels like tier 10 RU251.

other players worte about this, no point of fast sneaky tier X leopard wich is like tier X RU251, bc there is going to be fast sneaky tier X RU251 when update 9.18 comes, still leo will have gun advantage, but speed and camo....

View PostOmar_Khalil, on 31 March 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

I can't really say whether or not you should buy it. All I can say is you might be saving a lot of money in buying it while it's in the top of the tree than when it's not. From what I understand it will be discounted. Also, think about the crew training you can get if you do buy it and you don't have a crew right now. If you don't buy it now, then I cannot see the logic in doing so later other than it being more convenient to start it's grind later.

I personally started playing the game not too long ago, my first tier 9 is the Leo Pta, I don't really like it much as I find it's game play can be very frustrating. For me, I am happy to play the sniping from distance, shoot, relocate, shoot, relocate game maybe 5 times a day max, but then I get really really bored and frustrated of it especially when I feel powerless to help my team win in critical situations.

For this reason, I started grinding out the Russian mediums, and although I do not plan to play the leo 1 a lot, I guess I will get it just because it's discounted. 

EDIT:

P.s. The maps in this game are just far too small for a tank like this to take full advantage of distance. You're more likely to get a small city map or city combined with some open areas. But until you get to the late game in most maps, you will find it difficult to take advantage of this tank's true strengths.. I just wish we would add maybe 2 super large maps in the rotation. Then scouts might actually have a role.

Hope this helps,

Omar

yes, about discunt is cheaper to buy now when is not on discount, but this topic was about point of leopard if i dont buy it now i will not buy it later, bc in my opinon it lack one of the most important thing that medium tanks should have and that is versatility .

Also i have very good crew on my t55a wich is actulay traind for Leopard 1 with 4th skill at 50% so about that crew traning.... same with T62A wich i have unlocked very long time still did not buy it bc i got 140 and i dont see some big  advantage over 140 that T62 have but that is not point of this topic.

I'm not earning much credits most of the time im losing it bc i dont have premium account and i mostly play tier X tanks now, and we all now if you miss some shoot and lose game you are looking at about -20k credits lost (not to mention when is platoon of maus on enemy team and you spam premium ammo)

So i think that is maybe better idea to spend credits on something else like AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, RU251 (still considering t49) before they get 3,5k mil creds price tag, alos VK45 B is unlocked, type 58 waiting to buy him so i can continue 113 line...

Also i think it is very intersting how 4 votes for yes, and it seems that everyone think that there is no point of leopard (except to expand tank collection) now with new tanks and maps... and nobody here having leopard 1 is sharing his opinion.

And last i have TVP and you cant compare it to leopard it is autoloader, so you can play more aggressive (wich i do most of the time)...

Edited by marin151, 01 April 2017 - 05:09 PM.

Hemiger #7 Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:18 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36566 battles
Its quite a fun tank to play but its getting creeped on by the corrider map changes and the new tier 10 light competition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users