Useless (to be read - crappy) new spotting and assistance mechanics - PROD, CT and SB

spot mechanic spot assistance 9.17

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

RupOase #1 Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23480 battles
  • [REV0L] REV0L

Hello all,

Dear contributors, forum masters, developers of this awesome game, and so on.

Please make your changes consistent. It's not the first time that happened, so I'm very disappointed in all these changes that are great, but implemented badly by the developers.

To start off, I went and tested a LOT from v. 9.10 onwards, with the participation in the SB release and noticed a HUGE load of extremely bad issues. Some of them were pointed out, but in an indirect manner.

Let's go:

1. SB and CT implementing the Stun mechanics for artillery: if I hit a tank, and stun it, and if immediately another tank stuns the same tank, I get NO assistance. How the hell did you think of that one?

2. PROD traking (assistance) mechanichs for everything (SPG mainly, but not just that one): If I track a tank in place, and another teammate does the same thing without the disabled tank to get its tracks back up, I get NO assistance damage.

3. PROD, CT, SB: just happened a few minutes, AGAIN!!! I spot the 212A, then on MY spotting, the arty gets hit. I get the afterbattle results as I spotted for the first time the enemy arty and NO spotting assistance. HOW THE HELL? What has happened with this game? Does it getting crappier by the version?

Replay for #3 here and post-game stats in attachments.

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_042.jpg   603.51K

typhaon #2 Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 14775 battles

Seems like a bug to me.

Afaik assistance mechanics like tracking cannot be "overwritten" by another player.

If one player tracks a vehicle and another one does the same while the vehicle was still tracked, the second player should get assistance XP from the moment the first tracking would have run out of time.

At least that's how they explained it back when they introduced these features and I've not seen any changes in the patchnotes.

jemster #3 Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:27 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34685 battles

View PostRupOase_, on 31 March 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

Hello all,

Dear contributors, forum masters, developers of this awesome game, and so on.

Please make your changes consistent. It's not the first time that happened, so I'm very disappointed in all these changes that are great, but implemented badly by the developers.

To start off, I went and tested a LOT from v. 9.10 onwards, with the participation in the SB release and noticed a HUGE load of extremely bad issues. Some of them were pointed out, but in an indirect manner.

Let's go:

1. SB and CT implementing the Stun mechanics for artillery: if I hit a tank, and stun it, and if immediately another tank stuns the same tank, I get NO assistance. How the hell did you think of that one?

2. PROD traking (assistance) mechanichs for everything (SPG mainly, but not just that one): If I track a tank in place, and another teammate does the same thing without the disabled tank to get its tracks back up, I get NO assistance damage.

3. PROD, CT, SB: just happened a few minutes, AGAIN!!! I spot the 212A, then on MY spotting, the arty gets hit. I get the afterbattle results as I spotted for the first time the enemy arty and NO spotting assistance. HOW THE HELL? What has happened with this game? Does it getting crappier by the version?

Replay for #3 here and post-game stats in attachments.

2. It does for me. And this has not changed in the slightest for a very long time..........    Are you sure that the enemy tank did not fix his tracks just before the next detrack? Or that your teammate did actual damage?

3. The guy shooting said arty is the udes right next to you. Said udes has no real problems spotting said arty for himself...........................

Does it get crappier by the version? The game no but I am not so sure about the playerbase.............

Flavortown #4 Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17328 battles
  • [KESSI] KESSI

Hopefully this isnt a bug. It would stop arty from targeting a single target and forced them to spread their shots insted of targeting a single person constantly.

You dont get spotting dmg if the person who shoots can spot for themselfs, even if you were the first to see him.

Posting in forums when you are ragin, doesnt do any good. It offers mild amusement, but thats about it. 

Take a break, watch some videos explaining how the game works and get back at it later.

RupOase #5 Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23480 battles
  • [REV0L] REV0L
Have you seen the replay? The 212A wasn't spotted until I spotted it for the first time. Someone took a shot at it while still being spotted by me ( arty tried to shotgun me ). At the end of the game I got no spotting assistance. Regarding SB issue just try to 'stea' someone's tracking asiatance. I just had the same issue this morning on CT. Tracked an E 100, then T92 scored a hit on the E100 and stunned it for further time ( I was in my BC 155 58) . T92 dd about 300 damage but the Fv 183 scored a big hit into the E100. Guess what? Not a single stun damage given to me, not even the T92's hit. Nice game Wargaming.
Regarding the previous post, the tank didn't repaired its tracks and the ally didn't dealt damage to the tank. T44 against E75 in an angled position. Then he got hit in the side by a T57 heavy. Neither the Ui, nor the post game stats showed my assistance against the E75, but all was given to the T44 next to me.

AliceUnchained #6 Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:13 AM

General

• Player
  • 39029 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostRupOase_, on 01 April 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

Have you seen the replay? The 212A wasn't spotted until I spotted it for the first time. Someone took a shot at it while still being spotted by me ( arty tried to shotgun me ). At the end of the game I got no spotting assistance. Regarding SB issue just try to 'stea' someone's tracking asiatance. I just had the same issue this morning on CT. Tracked an E 100, then T92 scored a hit on the E100 and stunned it for further time ( I was in my BC 155 58) . T92 dd about 300 damage but the Fv 183 scored a big hit into the E100. Guess what? Not a single stun damage given to me, not even the T92's hit. Nice game Wargaming.

Have you even watched your own replay? Of course you spot the 212A first as the UDES is off to your left and thus will have LoS a bit later than you, and as such you get the initial spot. But why on earth should you get assisted damage when that UDES is at the same distance to the 212A more or less, and clearly is able to spot it once LoS is established between the 212A and the UDES?

You obviously still don't understand the mechanics. As such I suppose driving around with a clown skin premium tank is quite fitting. And quite typical.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users