Old Hangars

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

CELT1C #1 Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27686 battles
  • [RDDTF] RDDTF
I was browsing thru my old world of tanks screenshots and came across the old world of tanks hangar (premium version) and I said to myself, why couldnt wargaming just add the option to keep whatever hangar you want like the hangman hangar manager? I do miss the old wot hangars :( people say its impossible to get them back because of a code change or something like that, I think wargaming should add the option to be able to rent/purchase multiple different hangars yes it does sound PTW, but I think it would be a nice feature, What do you guys think of this suggestion?

Edited by CaoIan, 04 April 2017 - 04:53 AM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27499 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You can't keep everything in the game client, well you can but it all adds to the size and it's not so much the storage but the providing all the extra data to clients.  You could have a garage only downloaded on demand but even then it's an overhead.

And there's the ensuring every old garage is compatible with any changes to the game.  So that's man hours testing every one against every patch.

Personally it's not a feature I would use.  Especially if I had to pay for it.

CELT1C #3 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27686 battles
  • [RDDTF] RDDTF
I suppose so, but is it not worth it to you? maybe not but, I think it is, here's a fact btw, I used to LOVE sitting in the old wot hangar just to listen to the ambience and the music, Wargaming took it away, Im actually upset that they done that at the time not only did they take away something I loved but they replaced it with a hangar that my potato laptop couldnt even handle it without breaking the sweat, but yes Im getting side tracked here, eventually my laptop broke down I assume with the pressure of the system or whatever but when I got a new pc coming back to wot felt strange and quite frankly quite boring but as time moves on you get used to it yes, but aside from all that I think that it would be worth adding the option to rent hangars or even buy them because Im a dedicated fan of wot and like things as they were when I first started but thats just me I like change but not too much change, But I seen that they added the option to change port in wow why cant they do that on wot? anyway thats my opinions and views :P

Edited by CaoIan, 04 April 2017 - 05:21 AM.

Kupsztas #4 Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20500 battles
  • [PUNKS] PUNKS

in some patch WG introduced music to hangar... which is way too futuristic and sounds exactly like someone tried to copy AW (maybe that's because I was playng AW at the time of that change). 

this music really kills the old tank style :/

Edited by Kupsztas, 04 April 2017 - 07:52 AM.

CELT1C #5 Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27686 battles
  • [RDDTF] RDDTF

View PostKupsztas, on 04 April 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

in some patch WG introduced music to hangar... which is way too futuristic and sounds exactly like someone tried to copy AW (maybe that's because I was playng AW at the time of that change). 

this music really kills the old tank style :/

Yeah I prefer things to stay as they were, change is nice, but over extending that change is very annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users