Light Tanks Revision: USSR

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
A breakdown of changes coming to the Soviet LT branch, with more details on the new Tier X lineup.

The full text of the news item

TurkarTV #2 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20859 battles

I like how the non RU Portals leave out this part:

Finally, changes in the study tree will not affect the combat experience earned on the tank. The experience will remain at the level of the car, which was earned.

The "French" and "German" at the VIII level of new machines appear, which will be credited to players with a slot and a trained crew of 50%. The Soviet Union and the United States transferred the existing machine (provided that the "Group of Eight" had previously been investigated). In this case, there are two versions of events *:

• If there are tanks in the hangar, the players will be credited with  1.2 million  .
  • If the tanks in the hangar there, the players will be credited M41 Walker Bulldog and LTTB with slots and trained crew of 50%.

* Transfer Converters are not final and may change before the release of 9.18. All final data will be in the full list of changes before the actual update. Follow the news.

Come to a common test to break in a new and re-balance the Soviet light tanks and share with us your impressions!

SOURCE: http://worldoftanks....n/sovetskie-lt/

Edited by TurkarTV, 04 April 2017 - 05:09 PM.

SlyMeerkat #3 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16616 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Do the tanks still stay Elited once all this has changed?

KLguns #4 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47631 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yep, new light tanks are ok, but dont talk about the arties, they still need to be removed completely from the game. Dont waste anymore resources on trying to "fix" the arties, the only working and cheap fix for them is to just remove them, we wont miss them and you WG will make a lot more money when they are gone. Its called a win-win situation...

sir_alex_ice #5 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36610 battles
As if the T54 ltwt was not overpowered enough already...

Captain_Useless #6 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15582 battles

View PostTurkarTV, on 04 April 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

Finally, changes in the study tree will not affect the combat experience earned on the tank. The experience will remain at the level of the car, which was earned.

Yes, and this is absolute BS. You are loosing all pre-grinded experience from your current LT8 that you were hoping to spend to research new LT10.

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by Captain_Useless, 04 April 2017 - 05:49 PM.

Squale #7 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:51 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 59365 battles
  • [R0TI] R0TI

Why only give compensation for camouflage on vehicules that move up a tier ?

You're making huge changes to several light tanks (Chaffee, ELC, VK2801, ...) ... to a point that I probably won't enjoy playing them anymore ! How about some compensation for those ?

fighting_falcon93 #8 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31396 battles
I have a question: If I have T-54 ltwt in my garage when 9.18 gets released, will I get LTTB together with a permantent garage slot or will the garage slot be temporary?

Gremlin182 #9 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 49232 battles

I'm still confused by your explanation.

I have the LTTB and the T54 Ltwt Both have trained crews and camo paint.

Why do you not just leave those crews as they are in the tanks I trained them for, and leave the camo paint jobs as well.

On the test server you moved my LTTB crew to the garage "still trained for the LTTB".

Then retrained my Type 54 ltwt crew for the LTTB

WHY !!!!!

That's just completely Stupid.

I also have the SP1C and the RU251 and you did the same thing.

SP1C 3 man crew stayed where it was you gave me the HWK and then trained the RU252 crew for that.

WHY !!!

That's even more stupid than the other case.as its a 4 man crew with 3 of them retrained for a new tank and one in the barracks.

Now I have 2 tier 9 light tanks with their equipment but no crews because you retrained them.

No camo because you removed it and now I probably have to pay out more gold to apply the camo because they are at a higher tier

We train up crews with specific skills to suit the tanks they are on.

What you did was undo all of that because you have a problem with simply moving a tank up a tier and leaving the paint job we picked and the crew with the skills we trained on that same tank.

Don't get me wrong I have no objection to what you have done as long as I can put things right at no cost to me.

Currently I have in my garage.

The  LTTB and T54 ltwt

T71  T49 and Walker Bulldog

WZ132

Luchs,  VK28-01  SP1C  RU251  M41-90 gf

AMX ELC Bis   AMX  13-75   AMX 13-90  AMX13-57 gf

What are you going to do with all my crews camo paint and so on and how much gold and XP will it cost me to put it right if I don't like it ;)

EDIT having thought about it removing the camo from tier 8 lights is a good idea wondering why I didn't think of it before.

I put permanent camo on my tier 8 lights because they were the end of the line if I was going to keep playing them.

Now Some have moved to tier 9 it may well be some will want to add temporary camo and then permanent when they get to tier 10.

apologies for the rant.

The comments about crews still remains though sorry

Edited by Gremlin182, 05 April 2017 - 01:10 AM.

fighting_falcon93 #10 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31396 battles

View PostTurkarTV, on 04 April 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

I like how the non RU Portals leave out this part:

The "French" and "German" at the VIII level of new machines appear, which will be credited to players with a slot and a trained crew of 50%. The Soviet Union and the United States transferred the existing machine (provided that the "Group of Eight" had previously been investigated). In this case, there are two versions of events *:

• If there are tanks in the hangar, the players will be credited with  1.2 million  .
  • If the tanks in the hangar there, the players will be credited M41 Walker Bulldog and LTTB with slots and trained crew of 50%.

* Transfer Converters are not final and may change before the release of 9.18. All final data will be in the full list of changes before the actual update. Follow the news.

Come to a common test to break in a new and re-balance the Soviet light tanks and share with us your impressions!

SOURCE: http://worldoftanks....n/sovetskie-lt/

Wouldn't surprise me if RU gets this but we don't :(

Zelar_Wicked #11 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42207 battles
  • [SV2] SV2

"Finally, changes to the branch structure won’t affect XP you’ve earned on light tanks. They stay at the Tier they were earned on."

This is unacceptable, i have grinded over 500k exp combined over the 5 tier 8 lights just to be on a good pre exp base before patch drops and i almost never convert to free XP due to cost.. Tier 8 lights that are elite status should have their XP moved up to tier 9  converted to free XP or distributed on crew members. How come we get this info so late, i already spent lots of time and personal reservers for northing... please reconsider this!

TurkarTV #12 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20859 battles

View PostSquale, on 04 April 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

Why only give compensation for camouflage on vehicules that move up a tier ?

Only for T8s, not for the LTTB and the M41

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 04 April 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

I have a question: If I have T-54 ltwt in my garage when 9.18 gets released, will I get LTTB together with a permantent garage slot or will the garage slot be temporary?

Permanent

Edited by TurkarTV, 04 April 2017 - 05:59 PM.

Echotun #13 Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20188 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View PostZelar_Wicked, on 04 April 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

"Finally, changes to the branch structure won’t affect XP you’ve earned on light tanks. They stay at the Tier they were earned on."

This is unacceptable, i have grinded over 500k exp combined over the 5 tier 8 lights just to be on a good pre exp base before patch drops and i almost never convert to free XP due to cost.. Tier 8 lights that are elite status should have their XP moved up to tier 9  converted to free XP or distributed on crew members. How come we get this info so late, i already spent lots of time and personal reservers for northing... please reconsider this!

I dont remember from where, but Ive known about this for a while now, at least. 

Why on earth would you grind up 500k xp without anything being confirmed. Heck, T10 LT is still in playtesting. I doubt they will ofc, but they could just decide to scrap the whole thing. 

Seems like you just assumed it would be the way you wanted it, then wasted a crapton of time because of it. 

With that being said, I do think the xp should follow the tank and not the tier. 

Cobra6 #14 Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16333 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Lol:

Block Quote

For the Tier X newcomer, the Т-100, we hand-picked the best characteristics of the Soviet LT branch (great mobility, excellent camo values, low silhouettes) and combined them with the best armor among light tanks. It can live through hazardous situations, while its compact size (the smallest of the newcomers) allows it stay hidden. The T-100 is at its best when actively scouting or in maneuverable, close-range engagements thanks to its superb gun stabilization and rate of fire.

So basically the best (all round) light tank yet again. Would have been cool to actually get another nation dominating CW’s instead of Russians only, but oh well.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 04 April 2017 - 06:18 PM.

Zelar_Wicked #15 Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42207 battles
  • [SV2] SV2

View PostEchotun, on 04 April 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

I dont remember from where, but Ive known about this for a while now, at least. 

Why on earth would you grind up 500k xp without anything being confirmed. Heck, T10 LT is still in playtesting. I doubt they will ofc, but they could just decide to scrap the whole thing. 

Seems like you just assumed it would be the way you wanted it, then wasted a crapton of time because of it. 

With that being said, I do think the xp should follow the tank and not the tier. 

Since i have all 5 light tanks i been playing for the daily x2 on them since tier X lights where announced, Im going for all 5, Need to grind 1mil exp.total so thought it was a good idea to start early.....

Rudjevid #16 Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 52449 battles
  • [WZ-CR] WZ-CR

View PostZelar_Wicked, on 04 April 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

True, i have same problem ,now i will have lots of exp traped to tier 8 for no use.

silence5 #17 Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20237 battles
  • [SLO_A] SLO_A

Block Quote

Finally, changes to the branch structure won’t affect XP you’ve earned on light tanks. They stay at the Tier they were earned on.

Thats just one big "F*ck you" to the players.

Not only did I play my light tank with the accelerated crew training unlocked.... I literally played with the same MM we will get with the new patch but with a worse tank. With the new patch the tank is getting a buff but the experience already grinded on the tank will be NULL! 

Thats WG for you. Always dominated by greed. Forcing players to buy gold or all their xp is going to waste. 

AGAIN... just let that sink in.

All the XP you grinded out on a tank that has the battle tier of 9-10 will be removed and put on a tank 1 tier lower, meanwhile that tank, you already grinded ... keeps its battle tier and gets buffed(but you lost all your xp on it).

WG:"oh but we moved the tank up a tier..." 

Yeah ... but the BATTLE TIER ... The one that actually matters to matachmaker .... STAYS THE SAME! 

Yes I'm tilted!

Edited by silence5, 04 April 2017 - 06:43 PM.

MajoR0_0HaSSaN #18 Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31605 battles

Can someone please answer me, away from the USSR line i have AMX 13 90 and i earned about 180k exp on it and T49 +20k exp, now i wanna know what will happen to them and the crew they are trained to 100% with alot of skills on them too will they retrained to the next IX tier and the exp i earned on both tanks will transferred to the tier IX ??

Regards

silence5 #19 Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20237 battles
  • [SLO_A] SLO_A

View PostMajoR0_0HaSSaN, on 04 April 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Can someone please answer me, away from the USSR line i have AMX 13 90 and i earned about 180k exp on it and T49 +20k exp, now i wanna know what will happen to them and the crew they are trained to 100% with alot of skills on them too will they retrained to the next IX tier and the exp i earned on both tanks will transferred to the tier IX ??

Regards

Read the post above yours!

DISroqTeD #20 Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5717 battles
  • [IREAL] IREAL
I wonder what will happen to the T62A Line if I have researched till the T54 ltw? Will I lose all progress on that line? Or I will still have everything researched including the new Tier 8?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users