camo

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Noo_Noo #41 Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:02 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22382 battles

View PostWolfHeart, on 08 June 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

Well, I yet have to play about 100 games or so in it, but consider this: I've had something like 10 matches, and there was only one when I did below 2,5 k dmg. That was a tier X match and I did exactly 2466 dmg.

Regarding the high skill cap - I dunno, man, I'm not an exceptional player by any means.

I think it just fits the spot. Some people like autoloaders, some don't. As for me, I think I've got the hang of them just lately.

Certainly looks like it. Well done with that. 

Do you have a decent crew in it? I wonder how much this helps. My view range is pants even with optics? 
I find it too big, too easily spotted and too fragile to get too aggressive in it, especially early in the game which means I have little impact until later on which is often too late.

WolfHeart #42 Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:37 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 37073 battles

View PostNoo_Noo, on 09 June 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

Certainly looks like it. Well done with that. 

Do you have a decent crew in it? I wonder how much this helps. My view range is pants even with optics? 
I find it too big, too easily spotted and too fragile to get too aggressive in it, especially early in the game which means I have little impact until later on which is often too late.

Well, I'm using my Batman crew to drive that thing and my bc crew is nothing like the current meta dictates, lol. Need to drop camo and get that BiA.

Honestly, if you want to get the most out of Lorr (as well as BC), you need to get Sixth Sense (obviously), Snap Shot, Smooth Ride and Brothers in Arms. Then I would go for the Repairs, then the camo (but I don't really think it benefits the Lorraine much, more thinking of the BatChat). The rest is really optional. Considering that now we have a cooldown on consumables like the repair kit, I find armorer or safe stowage pretty much redundant, but I would consider getting skills that extend your view range.

Having said that, Lorraine is somewhat of a different beast than the BatChat. You can't really spot for your team, considering you're a huge target, your view range isn't exceptional and you don't really have much in terms of camo values. I don't encourage camping in it, however; you might not be a front-line brawler, but you always need to be active in the battle, seeking out separated targets. I mean like you see one of your teammates fighting 1v1 against someone, go help him out and put these 4 shells into the back of the enemy who is to busy to even notice someone else is firing at him.

Long range shots have a tendency to miss where you aim, so it's not really a sniper. Most of the time you try to fire off a clip into someone who's like 300-400 m away, you will miss. Considering the gun takes some time for the reticle bloom to calm down, you really shouldn't trade shots over long ranges. Also, do not hesitate to fire just one shot and then retreat into cover to find some other target; it's not really a vehicle that trades shots well when you're not close enough.

It's a very opportunistic playstyle, but it's still much more fun than camping in the bushes.

Rock_n_Rollie #43 Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13627 battles

So, the Lorraine 40t dropped under the Xmas tree....

I am considering it as a crew trainer... (the french line does desperately need some low/mid level crew trainers) but the only "matching" crew layout is the 25t Batmobile  and i am not quite ready to play the top tiers (not to mention the amount of gold needed to bypass some of the grind with converted xp)

So, anybody any suggestions for a regular III-IV-V medium i could use for double dipping into the crew XP multiplier with the L40t?

The G1R? The SARL42?

Of course i could just have a dedicated Lorry Crew, but i like to profit from double/triple crew-XP boost and the how-to-not-play experience you get from also playing multiple tanks in the lower/mid tiers lines.

Yes, i DO like to get my crews skills/perk up as fast as is possible, so i can blame myself for any stupid play and not have to use "but my crew sucks" as an excuse.  So yes i have multiple tanks in the same lines. (incl some premiums, this Advent/Xmas is NOT good for my wallet) 

Once i haven enough play experience to no longer be a clueless tool in the high tiers i'll probably sell all the junk below tier VII-VIII, except for my Tier I tanks.  In no way this has anything to do with being a godlike seal-clubber thanks to play experience, fully kitted out tanks and OP-crews... it really doesn't, really.   I just like the TI-TII brawl, you see the most amazing things happen there :) 

undutchable80 #44 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9697 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I got a Lorraine from the Christmas lootboxes, and I am wondering if it comes with the unique premium camouflage that changes in different maps and provide camo bonus, or if its just the vanilla version and I have to apply camo to it. Anybody know?

(Havent played it yet as I have run out of equipment and hope for an equipment discount sometime this month.)

mvdt #45 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:24 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40610 battles
  • [-BOMB] -BOMB

View Postundutchable80, on 03 January 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

I got a Lorraine from the Christmas lootboxes, and I am wondering if it comes with the unique premium camouflage that changes in different maps and provide camo bonus, or if its just the vanilla version and I have to apply camo to it. Anybody know?

(Havent played it yet as I have run out of equipment and hope for an equipment discount sometime this month.)

You will have a nice blue lorraine, so you dont have the camo. I bought the black widow camo for it

undutchable80 #46 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:32 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9697 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmvdt, on 03 January 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

You will have a nice blue lorraine, so you dont have the camo. I bought the black widow camo for it

Was afraid of that, so I will slap on some camo then. Thx!

Uebergewicht #47 Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles
In hindsight I´m really glad I got the Lorraine from Christmas boxes. Haven´t touched any French tanks so far and would likely never have bought it, now that I got it I have to say it is really fun to drive. The gun takes a bit getting used to, as it is surprisingly derpy... not just from snap shotting, but the shots can go really wild even when fully aimed. Not really a sniper. But it works really well by regularly changing position, ambushing folks and for assasinations... and it´s pure awesome if you srvive to the clean-up phase. The penetration is great, I hardly need any gold, not even in tier 10. And thus it makes decent money as well. Makes other tier 8 meds look pretty bad, though.

Edited by Uebergewicht, 08 January 2018 - 04:36 PM.

Noo_Noo #48 Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22382 battles

View PostWolfHeart, on 11 June 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

Well, I'm using my Batman crew to drive that thing and my bc crew is nothing like the current meta dictates, lol. Need to drop camo and get that BiA.

Honestly, if you want to get the most out of Lorr (as well as BC), you need to get Sixth Sense (obviously), Snap Shot, Smooth Ride and Brothers in Arms. Then I would go for the Repairs, then the camo (but I don't really think it benefits the Lorraine much, more thinking of the BatChat). The rest is really optional. Considering that now we have a cooldown on consumables like the repair kit, I find armorer or safe stowage pretty much redundant, but I would consider getting skills that extend your view range.

Having said that, Lorraine is somewhat of a different beast than the BatChat. You can't really spot for your team, considering you're a huge target, your view range isn't exceptional and you don't really have much in terms of camo values. I don't encourage camping in it, however; you might not be a front-line brawler, but you always need to be active in the battle, seeking out separated targets. I mean like you see one of your teammates fighting 1v1 against someone, go help him out and put these 4 shells into the back of the enemy who is to busy to even notice someone else is firing at him.

Long range shots have a tendency to miss where you aim, so it's not really a sniper. Most of the time you try to fire off a clip into someone who's like 300-400 m away, you will miss. Considering the gun takes some time for the reticle bloom to calm down, you really shouldn't trade shots over long ranges. Also, do not hesitate to fire just one shot and then retreat into cover to find some other target; it's not really a vehicle that trades shots well when you're not close enough.

It's a very opportunistic playstyle, but it's still much more fun than camping in the bushes.

Thanks and I agree. It is a fun tank to play. It can be difficult yes but it is fun. Being patient is starting to work for me with this tank but also others. yes be aggressive but patient and a lot of the time the damage will come. 

Edited by Noo_Noo, 19 January 2018 - 09:46 PM.

gogopace #49 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34231 battles

Someone know if it will be on sale soon ?

I missed it during opé fest :arta:

Mstraat #50 Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 33126 battles
I got this tank for Christmas because i bought 75 loot boxes and got the type 59 as well. Both these tanks were the worst tanks in this package. I absolutely despise the lorraine 40t. My recommendation to anyone who thinks of buying it in the future, don't. Because:
  • You HAVE TO play this tank with food. In a bad game this means lower credit income.
  • Aim time is far too long. You cant fully aim shots between the 2.5 seconds reload. Even with vert stabs and gld.
  • It get screwed over massively by its dispersion values while moving and turning the turret. Making the weakness stated above even worse,
  • It is very derpy because of this, it will often miss its first shot of the magazine.
  • Accuracy is not great.
  • Reloading time is quite long. Limiting your impact in the game even further.
  • BAD dpm.
  • Has good top speed, but very sluggish agility. You cant get out of situation quickly.
  • BIG tank, even bigger than the Panther 88.
  • No armor combined with big size will make you a favourite target of many tanks (because easy to damage)
  • Camo rating is not great, and its view range is not good either at base value of 380 and this causes a problem equipment wise:

The difficult decision to make is what equipment you are going to use on this tank. Of course you take vertical stabilizers and ventilation but that leaves 1 slot open in which you either use coated optics or a gun laying drive. With coated optics you can spot for yourself but you sacrifice the aim time for it which will mean that after maneuvering or turning the turret your aim time will not be optimal and you wont be accurate with your first shot. Though you can spot for yourself now but even with a full camo crew your tank remains easy to spot, so it cant really fulfill the recon-support tank role. If you choose to mount a gun laying drive you are a little bit more accurate after maneuvering or turning your turret, it also makes hitting all your shots a little bit easier. But because of the abysmal 380 base view range you wont reach 445 meters view range. I noticed that i got hit significantly hit more often by tanks which i could not see in return because of limited view range.

I tried both equipment and i am still undecided what is best, both have advantages and disadvantages.

Bottom line is: this tank is a pure support tank and it relies on its team to make plays so you can support them. But if that does not happen, you are completely screwed. Don't buy it unless you really want to train your BC25t crew. But this tank is quite a different sauce compared to the bat chat so be prepared for that.

Snaques #51 Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28250 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

I love this tank and have been doing decently in it. I'm now trying to three mark it and swapped the automatic fire extinguisher for food and boy has that come back to haunt me. I've had three fires in the last three games. It's so weird as I never remember having any issue with fires in the past.

So am I being just unlucky or is this tank made of matches? Should I just give up the food business and put the extinguisher back on?

EDIT: I actually just noticed that the fire chance on Lorr is 20% so this was my bad. Fire extinguisher it is then...

Edited by Snaques, 30 April 2018 - 05:56 PM.

sabre_ferret #52 Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20177 battles
I started off with 2400 WN8 and 60% WR over the first 100 games in this and it was my favourite tank in the game, not just for credit grinding but overall.  Since hitting the 100 game mark though, something has gone horribly wrong and now the WR and personal results in it are plummetting.  It just always seems to get horrible teams and even worse RNG.  If I play aggressively I always run in to an enemy zerg rush, and if I play cautiously that will be the game when the enemy collapse and I'm lucky to get two reloads in.  I've never had a unicum stat tank after 100 games that has subsequently gone down to blue stats.  :(  I'm barely playing it now because it's so depressing.  It's so bad that I've dug up my FCM 50t to do some credit grinding in!  

Strizi #53 Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39532 battles

View Postsabre_ferret, on 02 May 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I started off with 2400 WN8 and 60% WR over the first 100 games in this and it was my favourite tank in the game, not just for credit grinding but overall.  Since hitting the 100 game mark though, something has gone horribly wrong and now the WR and personal results in it are plummetting.  It just always seems to get horrible teams and even worse RNG.  If I play aggressively I always run in to an enemy zerg rush, and if I play cautiously that will be the game when the enemy collapse and I'm lucky to get two reloads in.  I've never had a unicum stat tank after 100 games that has subsequently gone down to blue stats.  :(  I'm barely playing it now because it's so depressing.  It's so bad that I've dug up my FCM 50t to do some credit grinding in!  

Thats because t8 matchmaking is getting worse and worse. Patriot is the same crapnow, the tank is trash as lowtier.

Negativvv #54 Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10070 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I'd argue the Lorraine 40t is affected less by the MM that most other T8s.

Since you've got 232 pen as standard and the armour is complete trash so it doesn't matter if T6 or T10 tanks shoot you, all will pen :trollface:

sabre_ferret #55 Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20177 battles

View PostStrizi, on 02 May 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

Thats because t8 matchmaking is getting worse and worse. Patriot is the same crapnow, the tank is trash as lowtier.

View PostNegativvv, on 03 May 2018 - 02:35 AM, said:

I'd argue the Lorraine 40t is affected less by the MM that most other T8s.

Since you've got 232 pen as standard and the armour is complete trash so it doesn't matter if T6 or T10 tanks shoot you, all will pen :trollface:

Yeah, I agree with Negativv; I loved the 40t specifically because it isn't bothered by tier X match ups, particularly as you only see three tier Xs in the worst case scenario.  Anyway, I had another go with mine yesterday and had a 1st class game, including a sweet ambush on an Obj-268 v4 which I killed with ~1600 dmg.  There was a lot of hate put in to that clip!  

The next game I ambushed a distracted Obj-140 on 1500 hp and bounced the first shot at point blank range off his arse, then left him on <100 hp; my teammate having failed to do a single bit of damage to him.  I ran away and was above him on the crows nest on Fjords.  He was busy finishing off my pacifistic teammate, and rather than let him die I decided to try an epic ram, which failed and then I died.  :(  Well I tried eh.  

UranusReeks #56 Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28831 battles
  • [FOXY] FOXY
I had better results when ranked battles were going on...coz better MM. Still at 66% win rate, 2450 wn8, which is great considering that I'm kinda stuck at 2100 wn8 recents for years. (lower now due to obscene ping with virigin media for some reason in UK)

Snaques #57 Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28250 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Basically going through the same thing, excluding the depressing part. 

I was at 61% and 89% MoE, but not anymore. Like Negativvv said, it's not really because of being bottom tier. I just feel like games have been worse in general. In an autoloader you are feeling so hopeless as you are on reload and watch how one of the teams just evaporates while you wait.

Come to think of it, the timing matches the end of Progetto campaign which would make sense. People seem to be super aggressive in Progettos and there are lot of them. This means that tanks will drop like flies. 

Maybe I will put Lorr on hold and wait till things calm down. I'm just soo eager to three mark it, lol. 

Edited by Snaques, 03 May 2018 - 07:53 AM.

TyraelSVK #58 Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18536 battles
Fast and good burst dmg for public and clan battles

pudelikael #59 Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22298 battles

wargaming changed its tank. nerfed. they got their money and made the tank bad. 

Oldewolfe #60 Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 516 battles

I bought mine back when it and the Panther/M10 were on Sale, I WAS looking at the Lowe prior to that, but WG dropped the Sale and the Lowe I could get Whenever, Lorraine 40T, not so much....

I like the Tank, WG doesn't, MM doesn't, RNG doesn't....     I made it to a Respectable 68% WR in mine for a Time, stopped Playing it until Frontline hit.....      Once Frontline Left, I tried it in Pub's and it Plummeted to 56% and there it sits.....      I will be getting it out again soon, have to since I started the Line at the AMX 12T and am working my way to the BC 12T.....

I found it more a Hit and Run kind of Tank, since at Range it frankly was literally Hit and Miss.....       Sneak around looking for Red Tank that are otherwise Preoccupied, Roll in from behind them and Dump the Clip.....       It makes Short Work of most Tanks provided you don't hang out too long.....        Gun is Good enough however you don't have to get too Close if the Target has Company, but it's not a Great Sniper.....

Also tagged with camo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users