Jump to content


[Edited]


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

anonym_ZxkC3EBNBO8l #121 Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,971
  • Member since:
    02-07-2019

Deviding sisters in arms perk  and brothers in arms perk I find  to be a sexualy discriminative act.


 

 If we look closer it is absolute manifestation of a  strong stereotypic view on gender difference, like a man and woman must only have sexual intercourse in a tank instead of been comrades in fight , that means brother and sister in arms.


 

What could be other reason brothers and sisters in arms are not same skill that can be used together in same tank crew?


Edited by _Poe, 16 April 2017 - 02:35 PM.


Bulldog_Drummond #122 Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 31829 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Post_Poe, on 16 April 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

deviding systers in arms and brothers in arms I find  to be a sexualy discriminative act.


 

 If we look closer it makes a strong stereotypic emphasize on gender difference, like a man and woman must only have sexual intercourse in a tank instead of been comrades in fight , that means brother and sister in arms.


 

What could be other reason brothers and sisters in arms are not same skill that can be used together in same tank crew?

 

But consider how relationships would devastate crew performance.

 

"Drive right dear"

 

"Oops I meant left, sorry, darling"

 

"Well that bush isn't on my bloody map"

 

"Why are you so angry, dear, it's only a game?"



anonym_ZxkC3EBNBO8l #123 Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,971
  • Member since:
    02-07-2019

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 16 April 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

 

But consider how relationships would devastate crew performance.

 

"Drive right dear"

 

"Oops I meant left, sorry, darling"

 

"Well that bush isn't on my bloody map"

 

"Why are you so angry, dear, it's only a game?"

 

 

Of course in order for merged Sisters/Brother in arms perks to be legit as crew boosting skill, game should assume they are not  married


Edited by _Poe, 16 April 2017 - 02:43 PM.


Tidal_Force #124 Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:05 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16195 battles
  • 6,842
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 16 April 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

I think that my essentially feminine nature is fairly evident.

 

Going by your evident nature, I thought you were transitioning into attack helicopter.



Bulldog_Drummond #125 Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 31829 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostTidal_Force, on 16 April 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

 

Going by your evident nature, I thought you were transitioning into attack helicopter.

 

I love the smell of napalm in the morning

 



Flustered_Ferret #126 Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 1365 battles
  • 1,475
  • Member since:
    11-08-2015

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 16 April 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

 

I remember sitting in a cafe in Brussels. many years ago, reading in the newspaper that someone called Gerald Bull had been murdered the day before in a burglary.  These things do happen.

 

 

I think that my essentially feminine nature is fairly evident.

 

Hmm. I always pictured you as a typical, old-fashioned grammar school type. Sort of a cross between Patrick Moore and Boris Johnson (maybe with a bit of John Cleese for good measure). :D

 

I'm not sure how you would think we would infer much feminism from your ever-so-manly posting style.

 

Anyway, as long as you're happy with the outcome, thats the main thing. Its just that you're the first trans person I've ever met, either in real life, or online, so I was somewhat intrigued (which I suppose is just the way you like it).

 


Edited by Flustered_Ferret, 16 April 2017 - 04:16 PM.


anonym_ZxkC3EBNBO8l #127 Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:17 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,971
  • Member since:
    02-07-2019

I like to discover feminine nature in players when I run downslope to ram  them in my KV-5.

 


 


 

 

 


Edited by _Poe, 16 April 2017 - 04:25 PM.


Bulldog_Drummond #128 Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 31829 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostFlustered_Ferret, on 16 April 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

 

Hmm. I always pictured you as a typical, old-fashioned grammar school type. Sort of a cross between Patrick Moore and Boris Johnson (maybe with a bit of John Cleese for good measure). :D

 

I'm not sure how you would think we would infer much feminism from your ever-so-manly posting style.

 

Anyway, as long as you're happy with the outcome, thats the main thing. Its just that you're the first trans person I've ever met, either in real life, or online, so I was somewhat intrigued (which I suppose is just the way you like it).

 

 

I have had the advantage of a reasonable education, it is true, but in life a good pair of legs can be more useful.

 

 



tw53 #129 Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:27 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5058 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    02-02-2013
What does your  sexuality have anything to do with this . I personally don,t  care what you are , ALF , LGBT or whatever , what does it matter.......

anonym_ZxkC3EBNBO8l #130 Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,971
  • Member since:
    02-07-2019

View Posttw53, on 16 April 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

What does your  sexuality have anything to do with this . I personally don,t  care what you are , ALF , LGBT or whatever , what does it matter.......

 

It doesn't matter indeed. My best man is a gay and I don't care he is good man and a friend and a very inteligent and capable person.

Well, ok he needs to be reasured gay is okay from time to time....because of pharisaic society we live in.

But we have true problem of sexuality imposed by WG in other way, with their women crews which don't have possibility to be merged with men crew because brother in arms and sisterhood perks are not same.(ok here I am maybe also  advocating my desire to utilize the women crew I have in better way)....but indeed this is demonstration of backward sexual stereotypes which doesn't suite to the honor of WG


Edited by _Poe, 16 April 2017 - 10:01 PM.


MelanieValentina #131 Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:32 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 24796 battles
  • 3,980
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011

Moved to off-topic & closed due to rule violations.

 

Best regards,

FireflyDivision






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users