Win Rate Statistics , Wargaming.net And The Way It Is .

Win Rate Statistics Wargaming.net WN8 ect

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Shnuks #81 Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 30544 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postshishx_the_animal, on 18 April 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

And I deleted you from my friends list, thanks for giving him more momentum for his brainfart threads...

You were just waiting for an excuse anyway

PowJay #82 Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 28927 battles

I was on my holiday when this popped up, and I couldn't be bothered writing one of my long "Why the OP is talking crap" posts.

Now that I am back in front of my PC, I still can't be bothered, so I tried to find one or two from the past: and I can't.

So, here is the low-down, OP. In agreement with most of the posters on this thread.

There are THIRTY players on each team. They are in (up to) five different classes of vehicles and up to three tiers spread with normal MM. They all have an opportunity to influence the battle in a positive way: dealing damage, killing enemy tanks, spotting, capping, resettting- or just being a Steel Wall- or they can not influence it at all: camping, not shooting, missing shots, shooting at heavily armoured targets that they can't penetrate, YOLOing to their deaths shouting "Help" and generally being useless.

Bad players can even negatively influence the outcome for their team by generally getting in the way, ramming allies, blocking allies, shooting allies and getting spotted in front of, or behind an ally who then gets shot instead.

Good players who influence battles in a positive way will have higher win rates because they will do more to win each battle. There are times when the good player can do NOTHING to actually win, but will still be streets ahead of the rest of the team when it comes to work achieved. It may have only taken one more shot from one of his allies to actually win the battle. Without that good player, however, it may have been 0>15 in three minutes.

A little example using that popular and versatile class- the Medium tank.

A Unicum in a bottom tier MT is (possibly) going to have less positive influence than if he/she were in a top tier MT, but that unicum is still going to try and take every opportunity to do something useful. He will pick his spot or area to go to. He will take controlled risks to get the job done. He will shoot Premium ammo to help damage enemies and he will spot what he can't possibly damage. He will distract enemies and become a threat to them with skilful flanking and targeting. He may even come out on top in damage/assistance/XP and his actions will mean that the team has a far greater chance of winning.

The idiot, on the other hand, is going to think that he can't do anything useful as bottom tier and is either going to YOLO, or camp. Either way, he has a greater chance of coming out of the battle with low, or zero damage/assistance. If he dies early, then he is going to have a greater chance of losing because he has already deprived his team of one player. If he camps, then he has denied his team another gun and another set of eyes on the battlefield.

But what about top tier? Well, the unicum is going to carry that battle as hard as he or she can. The idiot is still going to camp- because he is an idiot- or he is going to think that he is invincible because he is top tier and will YOLO to his death depriving the team yada, yada, yada.

Good players do everything that they can to win. They do more damage, they kill more enemies and they assist their teams more effectively. Therefore, they win more often. Bad players, camp, YOLO, miss their shots, fail to take advantage of weak-spots, don't watch the mini-map, play their vehicles in entirely the wrong way for the class/tier- a scout sitting next to arty for example as I have just seen not thirty minutes ago- etc.

GOOD players have good win-rates, although they can be skewed by platooning. BAD players will have bad win-rates because they are BAD PLAYERS.

To try and compare this to a coin flip which has almost a 50% chance of landing on one of two sides- and an incredibly small chance (very, very small chance) of landing on its edge- is nothing short of absolute b******s.

If I had either the time or the energy, I would carry on, but I think I've left my heavy-duty tin-foil penetration arguments in the car, and I want some toast.

malachi6 #83 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42339 battles

What are my odds of swimming the English channel without any training.  What are my odds if I spend a year of rigorous preparation?

Same circumstances different outcome.  Same applies to wot.  The genuinely more skilled players can achieve higher win rates becasue of their superior skill and knowledge.  I am a very average player yet I probably carry one game in a hundred.  A better player then me can look at the MM and know he has to carry and has the skill set to do so.

Frankly, I think your opinions are clouded by your own abilty. The skilled player learns from their mistakes.  You think it is all rigged and do not bother.

1ncompetenc3 #84 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33621 battles

View Postshishx_the_animal, on 18 April 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

Not really, that was excluded a long time ago.

Learn something every day. :child:

lonigus #85 Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31429 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostTANKOPPRESSION, on 17 April 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

So lets look at clan Recruitment for a Top clan .
60+% average Win Ratio
Wait for it, No Way , its Impossible .
So this would put forward the consideration that Top clans have no idea of basic mathematics .

Gundam_Zero_X #86 Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30572 battles

Guys don you get that starting topics like this just "forces" everyone with a brain to support death penalty and probably euthanasia in the long run? 

Stop the tinfoil stuff, the survival of millions of lives may depend on it!

Eternus_Damnatio #87 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23636 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

Eternus_Damnatio #88 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23636 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostGundam_Zero_X, on 19 April 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

Guys don you get that starting topics like this just "forces" everyone with a brain to support death penalty and probably euthanasia in the long run? 

Stop the tinfoil stuff, the survival of millions of lives may depend on it!

pfffft let the purge commence.

Homer_J #89 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24226 battles

View Postspeedphlux, on 18 April 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

A coin toss eh ? What if I tell you there is an actual real possibility of that coin dropping the same way all 10000 times ? Mind blown, eh ? Each coin drop is a 50-50, so there is that. An actual real chance of it dropping on the same side 10000 times !

But surely after 10,000 coin tosses you would get a feel for how hard to toss the coin for it to land the same side or opposite side to how it started and thereby be able to influence the outcome some of the time.

Alabamatick #90 Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31849 battles

View Postshishx_the_animal, on 18 April 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

Not really, that was excluded a long time ago.

Check your service record, you can't play the mode anymore but the wr boost from cheat mode company battles still counts

maroar #91 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27302 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

About  the coin tossing thing.

Spoiler

That's probably the easiest explanation on how that works.

And this is not about basic math, it is the special area of statistics.

Which as seen in the spoiler is an area which can explained quite easily with nice examples.

Also, I have no clue why you would link this thread on someone else's thread, since it should be clear to you already that your claim (in the original post) is not a correct one.

shishx_the_animal #92 Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:37 AM

Major

• WGL PRO Player
  • 27767 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostAlabamatick, on 19 April 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

Check your service record, you can't play the mode anymore but the wr boost from cheat mode company battles still counts

Cheat mode? You call that a boost? Wow...

UrQuan #93 Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:40 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16010 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAlabamatick, on 19 April 2017 - 11:22 PM, said:

I have a 44% WR in company battles. That's one mighty WR 'boost' I got there... For every team that won, a team also loses, keep that in mind.

Wintermute_1 #94 Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34183 battles
Then the same rule applies to football teams. They should all have 50% win rates due to "randomness". Clearly rubbish.

shishx_the_animal #95 Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:00 PM

Major

• WGL PRO Player
  • 27767 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostWintermute_1, on 23 April 2017 - 04:39 AM, said:

Then the same rule applies to football teams. They should all have 50% win rates due to "randomness". Clearly rubbish.

No no... the top football teams have luck, rigged referees on their side. Nothing else than that.

jabster #96 Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 11504 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postshishx_the_animal, on 23 April 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

No no... the top football teams have luck, rigged referees on their side. Nothing else than that.

Barca in the Champions League you mean?

Also tagged with Win Rate, Statistics, Wargaming.net, WN8, ect

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users