Win Rate Statistics , Wargaming.net And The Way It Is .

Win Rate Statistics Wargaming.net WN8 ect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

TANKOPPRESSION #121 Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44081 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
No Way .

Jigabachi #122 Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTANKOPPRESSION, on 22 May 2018 - 02:04 AM, said:

No Way .

Thanks for once again NECRO'ING your very intelligent thread with a very intelligent and elaborate comment. We all thought that you were either a troll or brain-damaged, but that post completely changed our minds, so that we will totally stop reporting your insightful posts on this forum.

Edited by Jigabachi, 22 May 2018 - 03:07 AM.

JocMeister #123 Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:09 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24959 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTANKOPPRESSION, on 17 April 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

Hello , Firstly I am not saying it dose not take a certain skill set to play the game or that there are not better players .

Ok  Win Rate Statistics ,

If any player is getting 54% upwards and we know they are , that there is something going on at wargaming.net

Because the probability of randomness will always bring the win rate down to the area of 50% no mater how skilful the player is or if they platoon all the time . You cant have randomness and consistently its Impossible  , what you can have is consistently random .You get the idea .

Example

58% win rate after say 10000 battles . No way , because of randomness will always bring the win rate down to the area of 50% every other 100 battles no mater how skilful the player is even if they are platoon all the time .You get the idea .

So lets look at clan Recruitment for a Top clan .
60+% average Win Ratio
Wait for it, No Way , its Impossible .
So this would put forward the consideration that Top clans have no idea of basic mathematics .

The Way It Is
So what happening , well it would suggest using the above example 10000 battles some players are getting harder battles or softer battles than others .
So now throw in other player performance statistics WN8 ect ,

No way .
Because their numbers are derived from the same 10000 battles . Harder battles , lower dmg and lower player performance , softer battles higher dmg and higher player performance. You get the idea .

The proof I hear you say well the proof is the numbers ,You cant have randomness and consistently its Impossible  , what you can have is consistently random . You get the idea .

To Put It Another Way
Its like Wargaming.net pissing in my pocket then telling me its raining and shooting themselves in the foot simultaneously .

In my opinion , it is that win rate statistics are a software difficulty setting at wargaming.net and no amount of skill or platoon will change your winrate statistics .

You need to buy at least 3 Fort Knox packages if you want 55%+ WR.

slitth #124 Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12459 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

Win rate is determined on the players ability to create opportunities and capitalize on them.

To do this you need to be able to recognise when luck is on you side.

Size the moment and have the skill to maximise the outcome.

If you can do this your win rate will increase.

Now if you one the other hand fail to do this, if you create opportunity for your enemy or get it the way of allies chances to capitalize on them.

Then your win rate will decrease.

Now as my own win rate shows this is much easier said than done.

PowJay #125 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:16 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36723 battles

Why the hell did anyone resurrect this thread? Bored much? Servers down?

I notice that Kicky92 finally has a positive win rate. To whom did he provide sexual favours to get his games rigged more positively?

LordMuffin #126 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48556 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Hello , Firstly I am not saying it dose not take a certain skill set to play the game or that there are not better players .

If any player is getting 54% upwards and we know they are , that there is something going on at wargaming.net

Because the probability of randomness will always bring the win rate down to the area of 50% no mater how skilful the player is or if they platoon all the time . You cant have randomness and consistently its Impossible  , what you can have is consistently random .You get the idea .

Example

58% win rate after say 10000 battles . No way , because of randomness will always bring the win rate down to the area of 50% every other 100 battles no mater how skilful the player is even if they are platoon all the time .You get the idea .

60+% average Win Ratio
So this would put forward the consideration that Top clans have no idea of basic mathematics .

The Way It Is
So what happening , well it would suggest using the above example 10000 battles some players are getting harder battles or softer battles than others .

No way .
Because their numbers are derived from the same 10000 battles . Harder battles , lower dmg and lower player performance , softer battles higher dmg and higher player performance. You get the idea .

The proof I hear you say well the proof is the numbers ,You cant have randomness and consistently its Impossible  , what you can have is consistently random . You get the idea .

To Put It Another Way
Its like Wargaming.net pissing in my pocket then telling me its raining and shooting themselves in the foot simultaneously .

In my opinion , it is that win rate statistics are a software difficulty setting at wargaming.net and no amount of skill or platoon will change your winrate statistics .

Your math skills is sorely lacking.

Kozzy #127 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:23 AM

Major

• Player
  • 39160 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

View PostLordMuffin, on 22 May 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

Your math skills is sorely lacking.

Not to mention a scary lack of logic.  Just think, this guy is allowed out in public to interact with people IRL!

Nethraniel #128 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 13535 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Let this necroed thread just rest... no use in falling for the OP again.

Edited by Nethraniel, 22 May 2018 - 08:25 AM.

ortega456 #129 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 63690 battles
After reading OPs post I can clearly say: the Earth is flat! (Again)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #130 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:37 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30988 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostTANKOPPRESSION, on 22 May 2018 - 02:04 AM, said:

No Way .

You already won 'Dumbest thread of the year' back in 2017. If you're looking to retain your title for 2018 you're going to have to put in a little more effort than that, you can't just present a previous submission.

HQ65 #131 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29966 battles
  • [CMERC] CMERC

Example

60+% average Win Ratio

The Way It Is

No way .

To Put It Another Way

Yes, I see what you are getting at, but this whole calculation is a bit flawed. If what you say ist true, at some point everyone should have 50% winrate give or take based on the occasional draw, no matter what.

Please remember, for every player that has a very low winrate, there is the another player (or players) who compenstate this with a higher win rate. And very good players of course cannot determine the outcome of every game, but they can at least slightly alter the chance for victory. Thus, the higher win rate.

Although the difference between a very good player and an average to good player is mostly insignificant, it does seem to make a difference in some battles, shown in their higher win rate.

Now, if you have a player who is not very good, due to the randomness, it is not impossible for them to have a higher winrate than an equally skilled player.

UrQuan #132 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:51 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20629 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Oh my, this trainwreck of a thread has resurfaced... And I thought it was dead & buried...

signal11th #133 Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:01 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39030 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
To be honest I don;t think  I ever saw this thread originally so the necro for me is welcomed just for the laughs it gave me.

Mlddim #134 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

• 1450 battles

View PostUrQuan, on 22 May 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

Thread closed.

Also tagged with Win Rate, Statistics, Wargaming.net, WN8, ect

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users