statistics work numbers WR skill

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #81 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11448 battles

View PostExcavatus, on 21 April 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

Ok, I am on the side of the skill.. skill is the main factor for a good WR, this is what I think..

May be you start from the wrong side :)

Sure, I started this game and I was shite, but noob shite, now I'm slightly less shite.. experienced shite.. maybe if my crappc didn't catch fire mid-battles I might be marginally less shite.. but this is splitting hairs :teethhappy:

jabster #82 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 11486 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTungstenHitman, on 21 April 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

Now again in readable and logical English if you will...

So exactly what did you comment add then?

TungstenHitman #83 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11448 battles
O.. I'll my 2 cents though.. if you're playing tier10 you will obviously enjoy the benefits of being top tier and for me.. in a stronk tank like say a T29, when I'm top tier.. I have an absolute field day stomping lower tiers! However if you don't play top tier then your win rate very much does get influenced heavily by what tier you get in.. for example that same T29 I would stomp a KV1 with and win more often as top tier.. will get wrecked vs tier9 stronk tank.. no matter how good I try it would want to be an absolute garbage turd of a player to throw away that performance advantage.. which does happen but.. you get the point

Edited by TungstenHitman, 21 April 2017 - 03:21 PM.

jabster #84 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 11486 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTungstenHitman, on 21 April 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

O.. I'll my 2 cents though.. if you're playing tier10 you will obviously enjoy the benefits of being top tier and for me.. in a stronk tank like say a T29, when I'm top tier.. I have an absolute field day stomping lower tiers! However if you don't play top tier then your win rate very much does get influenced heavily by what tier you get in.. for example that same T29 I would stomp a KV1 with and win more often as top tier.. will get wrecked vs tier9 stronk tank.. no matter how good I try it would want to be an absolute garbage turd of a player to throw away that performance advantage.. which does happen but.. you get the point

The only point you seem to be making is that you're an average player but just don't realise it.

TungstenHitman #85 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11448 battles

View Postjabster, on 21 April 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

The only point you seem to be making is that you're an average player but just don't realise it.

I actually referred to myself as an experienced shite player if you can read? not sure if you can though... anyway.. isn't always those who can least afford to point the finger eh?

http://wotlabs.net/eu/player/jabster

As you can clearly see there is a direct link between playing shite and having shite stats.. is this enough of an experimental result that can be acknowledged? or is it just a load of sprouts?

Long_Range_Sniper #86 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21472 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTungstenHitman, on 21 April 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

So what you're saying is even not playing I'm still better than everyone and increasingly so :P:teethhappy:

Not at emoticon use I'm afraid.

jabster #87 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 11486 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTungstenHitman, on 21 April 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

I actually referred to myself as an experienced shite player if you can read? not sure if you can though... anyway.. isn't always those who can least afford to point the finger eh?

http://wotlabs.net/eu/player/jabster

As you can clearly see there is a direct link between playing shite and having shite stats.. is this enough of an experimental result that can be acknowledged? or is it just a load of sprouts?

I'm not the one who keeps implying that it's my team that let's me down am I?

Edited by jabster, 21 April 2017 - 04:02 PM.

jabster #88 Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 11486 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostExcavatus, on 21 April 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

on the other hand

If you can show me any experimental results or statistical data trying to find the relation between the skill and WR

I will apologize..

But AFAIK there is none..

There is only people, talking from their arses, and from their 1 night game play experience..

You may think that is a done deal and talking about is just foolish, and everyone doesnt think like that may be a fool..

Then I suggest you leave the fools alone.. you dont need to argue with fools over screens.

The have been a few threads using the same method but I'm buggered if I can find them!

clixor #89 Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 44681 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 21 April 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

I'll double your 2 cents :)

Even if you are bottom-tier, you are still hp the enemy has to deal with. So, let's say you die without doing damage, but you take shots instead of a tier9 heavy on your team, who then lives longer which increases the odds he will do something useful. Opposed to you camping and dying isolated this is a way to influence (ableit slightly) a certain situation

Then scenario 2: in your t29 you go hulldown and bounce a few shots, then the enemy has (again) to deal with your hp. The result is you influence a situation even more and gives your team some space to adjust.

And that's all even without considering any possible dmg you can do. This is also exactly why it's so a moronic thing to do to be in a spot on the map where your team can't take advantage of it (unless you are optimistic about your chances of dealing with stuff).

And on the oppossed side, if you have a noob tier10 on your side, it's still hp they have to cut through (sorry to repeat this). Then you asses the situation (looking at clan names or xvm) and guestimate how many shells/time this is going to take and how aggressive they are going to be (good players are likely to pen more and recognize an advantage position). If you happen to be on another flank then you know how aggresive YOU have to be.

Obviously this is not an exact science and everybody fails, but think of it like this, if you can influence a situation 1/100 of a time more than you do now, your wr goes up by 1%.

TungstenHitman #90 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11448 battles

View Postclixor, on 21 April 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

I'll double your 2 cents :)

Even if you are bottom-tier, you are still hp the enemy has to deal with. So, let's say you die without doing damage, but you take shots instead of a tier9 heavy on your team, who then lives longer which increases the odds he will do something useful. Opposed to you camping and dying isolated this is a way to influence (ableit slightly) a certain situation

Then scenario 2: in your t29 you go hulldown and bounce a few shots, then the enemy has (again) to deal with your hp. The result is you influence a situation even more and gives your team some space to adjust.

And that's all even without considering any possible dmg you can do. This is also exactly why it's so a moronic thing to do to be in a spot on the map where your team can't take advantage of it (unless you are optimistic about your chances of dealing with stuff).

And on the oppossed side, if you have a noob tier10 on your side, it's still hp they have to cut through (sorry to repeat this). Then you asses the situation (looking at clan names or xvm) and guestimate how many shells/time this is going to take and how aggressive they are going to be (good players are likely to pen more and recognize an advantage position). If you happen to be on another flank then you know how aggresive YOU have to be.

Obviously this is not an exact science and everybody fails, but think of it like this, if you can influence a situation 1/100 of a time more than you do now, your wr goes up by 1%.

True.. tbh I'm done delving into the workings and scenarios of what is after all, an arcade style game where 30 player randomly get put together etc.. it's a game after all, supposed to be fun and I haven't played for a while so I'm going to now. I'm not going to concern myself about stats and such.. and if it starts to get on my tits I'll go watch TV or have a beer or something.. why should we really care how it plays out tbh we aren't losing money or something?

Also tagged with statistics, work, numbers, WR, skill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users