Stun Mechanics

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Stun mechanics (14 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Are you more likely to play arty due to new stun mechanics

1. I'm more likely to play arty (5 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. I'm less likely to play arty (9 votes [64.29%])

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

Vote Hide poll

Guard7309 #1 Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9687 battles
i just wanna know whether people like it or not

Edited by Guard7309, 26 April 2017 - 04:57 PM.

Gremlin182 #2 Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 54147 battles

At the moment yes I think lowering the damage and adding stun was a good move.

However we have not experienced it on the EU server other than on the sandbox and common test.

Play a week under 9.18 and I could change my mind.

Really depends on how the increase in splash diameter combined with Stun works out.

Right now my chance of getting hit by arty is quite low maybe 7%  so I get games with SPGs in them and im not hit at all.

If under 9.18 I get stunned in say 50% of games then I will not be happy.

Guard7309 #3 Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9687 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 26 April 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

At the moment yes I think lowering the damage and adding stun was a good move.

However we have not experienced it on the EU server other than on the sandbox and common test.

Play a week under 9.18 and I could change my mind.

Really depends on how the increase in splash diameter combined with Stun works out.

Right now my chance of getting hit by arty is quite low maybe 7%  so I get games with SPGs in them and im not hit at all.

If under 9.18 I get stunned in say 50% of games then I will not be happy.

i dont mind the stun, lower damage and higher splash damage, but what really annoys me is the fact that they made arty more accurate and made is so it has less aim time, therefore, arty is more annoying in 9.18 than in the previous versions.

DeathByDribbling #4 Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28802 battles

View PostGuard7309, on 26 April 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

i dont mind the stun, lower damage and higher splash damage, but what really annoys me is the fact that they made arty more accurate and made is so it has less aim time, therefore, arty is more annoying in 9.18 than in the previous versions.

That I think is impressive - they've managed to make it less fun to play as its doing damage that's fun, especially the big lol shots, yet still make it less fun to play against at the same time.

Gremlin182 #5 Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

General

• Player
  • 54147 battles

I was on all the Sandbox tests and have played on the common test and the NA server.

The problem with the SPG class is that it is the most inaccurate class in the game with the longest reload times firing over the greatest ranges.

RNG plays a huge part in its success or failure.

Try playing a KV2 and only ever firing at targets 400 + meters away and see how often you hit, splash or miss completely.

So we have a larger splash radius and the Stun mechanic to make up for the lower penetration and damage.

The increase in accuracy and rof are to balance it out so earnings are not drastically reduced with the changes.

Don't forget SPGs now only have HE shells no AP or HEAT

At least that's how I understand it.

I think SPG players will get over the reduced damage given they will be doing damage more consistently and often splashing multiple tanks.

Fewer misses and be more effective in helping their team.

Downside might be a smaller chance of taking out a tank that gets to close range and even under 9.17 that's not much of a chance.

For every game I get blasted by an SPG I close with I get a lot more games where I just kill them with one or 2 shots.

They have a shotgun and one chance to get me and if I can see the way they are facing as I approach there is nothing they can do, double their current damage and rof and they are still dead.

cellaman7 #6 Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34665 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
My Bishop often hits for low rolls now. If it's much worse I will play something else.

Guard7309 #7 Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9687 battles

View Postcellaman7, on 26 April 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

My Bishop often hits for low rolls now. If it's much worse I will play something else.

i hope its not arty :arta:

HeidenSieker #8 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostGuard7309, on 26 April 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

i just wanna know whether people like it or not

Haven't tried it yet it's not released on the EU servers yet, so I can't answer that. No-one can, since the patch isn't "live" anywhere except NA, and that's fraction (only a fraction) different from the European game.

However: it seems that this patch is generally regarded as a step forward. It will take a month or two to see what actually happens, and I can see WG making some minor adjustments.

It's not just the "stun mechanic" that is up for being liked or disliked; it's how the gameplay will be affected when people work it out. It will be necessary for SPG players with vehicles that have "stun" to revise their playstyle, and shoot enemy vehicles which are in groups, or under attack by "green" vehicles, or attacking green vehicles, and de-prioritise distant targets that are not a present danger, or upon which the greens cannot take advantage of the stun effect when the enemy is stunned. The idea will be to enable your team to attack (or defend against) a softened-up target or targets. A direct hit will be nice, but there are bound to be many occasions when firing near to the tanks that it is desired to stun will be the way to go.

Therefore, it is encumbent on the green team to take advantage of the stun effect, fast, and use it before the countdown finishes, yet taking care should the "stun" be fixed with a consumable package, so they will have to alter their playstyle somewhat as well.

It's going to be very interesing. Currently, I have no SPG that can stun, though. I may have to go to T7 for the Crusader B.L. 5.5-in, unless there are better choices.

HeidenSieker #9 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:30 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostGuard7309, on 26 April 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

Oh, I see. You actually have no idea! Well, you will just have to wait & see, like everyone else (including WG!).

Guard7309 #10 Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9687 battles

View PostHeidenSieker, on 26 April 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

Haven't tried it yet it's not released on the EU servers yet, so I can't answer that. No-one can, since the patch isn't "live" anywhere except NA, and that's fraction (only a fraction) different from the European game.

i tried it on the test server, why didnt you?

Edited by Guard7309, 28 April 2017 - 04:54 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users