receiving threats through messages

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: receiving threats through messages (8 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

review reporting system

1. yes (7 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. no (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Hide poll

_madtanker_ #1 Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1435 battles

I've been playing world of tanks for a while now (lost details to first account so i had to restart recently) and in the past I've received a number of trolls messaging me after i had an unlucky game saying things like 'please uninstall the game', 'go play tetris you noob'.......the usual.......which, im fine with. 

HOWEVER, what im not fine with is being prompted to commit suicide for being bad at a game

recently i had a terrible game which consisted of helplessly shooting at 4 IS-6's and  a ghost Pershing......i then received a message from an individual which contained messages along the lines of 'do humanity a favor and hang yourself from a tree'

at what point did humanity fall to the level where we actually want to see people kill themselves for being bad at a game........furthermore, in what European community is it even remotely appropriate to incite any act even remotely similar to this........

i then informed the individual of the error of their ways and then informed them that what they had done was illegal (which it is in the UK)

im not naming and shaming this individual, as i dont want a witch hunt to happen.....however, what i do want is for wargaming to review the reporting system, and allow individuals to be reported with detailed statements, stating what happened, as well as the ability to attach files containing images, screenshots and replays as evidence. As well as appropriate punishments to be dealt out (at the moment i can report them for inappropriate chat behavior and they'll get a small 1 week ban)  

this is why ive started a poll to get wargaming to review their complaint system, if you believe that a 1 week ban isnt an appropriate punishment for trying to incite suicide, then please feel free to vote

Edited by _madtanker_, 27 April 2017 - 09:32 PM.

MyPinkTanks #2 Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4450 battles

well good luck on that

View Post_madtanker_, on 27 April 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

this is why ive started a poll to get wargaming to review their complaint system, if you believe that a 1 week ban isnt an appropriate punishment for trying to incite suicide, then please feel free to vote

Edited by MyPinkTanks, 30 April 2017 - 05:01 AM.

Fluffosaurus #3 Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1983 battles
Many insults can be shrugged of and ignored. But some twerps always have to get personal, which is a very bad idea because there's no way of knowing how the person on the other end is affected.

Strappster #4 Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:45 AM

General

• Player
  • 24898 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Some children aren't happy unless they think they've made someone else cry. It's as simple as that; they're probably bullied themselves or have some other aspect of their life which isn't providing the fulfilment they crave and they lash out at strangers with the thought that they're anonymous and "it's the internet so it doesn't matter".

I'm guilty of raging at times but I keep it strictly to variations on a theme of, "you silly person, think about what you did". Then I take a moment to look at my own game and see that the same thing usually applies.

1ncompetenc3 #5 Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36945 battles

Eh... on the one hand I see your point, on the other hand I'm so desensitised that I shrug off pretty much anything with "whatever, it's the internet, anything goes". :rolleyes: Even death wishes or comments on suicide (which by all rights should trigger the hell out of me).

I know, I'm horrible. I blame the internet. :P

Cosmic72 #6 Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16560 battles

Edited 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks.

Edited by VMX, 03 May 2017 - 08:51 AM.

MyPinkTanks #7 Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4450 battles

View PostCosmic72, on 02 May 2017 - 11:58 PM, said:

Edited

This person seems to be a WORLD OF TANKS HATER, just seen your second post on here, You simply don't give a dam about the game so why troll on the forums, not bad being a troll after 3 posts

Edited by VMX, 03 May 2017 - 08:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users