SPG's

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

golfstarter #1 Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 47910 battles

Hi,

That's crap what they've done to spg's it's insulting everyone that likes playing them

MyPinkTanks #2 Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4450 battles

I wouldnt say that, from the new patch I am getting more results, it might not be as much as 1 shotting an 1S-7 but blowing up 2 in 1 hit and causing large splash DAMAGE is bloody funny

Edited by MyPinkTanks, 01 May 2017 - 01:20 PM.

Rangotank #3 Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33439 battles

Hi,

I agree that arty is victimised in  patch 9.18. The splash damage did not compensate for the lost power, and stunning the crew is a joke.

Add to this, if you are in one to one fight the odds 9;1 u r dead even you have a direct hit on the light tank, let alone other tanks. I've lost the joy of playing arty.

tobbetank #4 Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43193 battles
  • [_VH_] _VH_
How could this with SPG;s ever passed sandbox? The stun funcion makes the the battles sooo boring - Remove the stun ASAP. I got hit fx nine times by arties... fun? No! Easy way out is just to remove the sht

FryingTonight #5 Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11153 battles

View Posttobbetank, on 06 May 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

How could this with SPG;s ever passed sandbox? The stun funcion makes the the battles sooo boring - Remove the stun ASAP. I got hit fx nine times by arties... fun? No! Easy way out is just to remove the sht

Two possible reasons:

1. The anti-arty haters forced it.

2. WG was determined to get arty nerfed, no matter what.

Arty is going in 6-12 months tops, and WG doesn't want to compensate folk for camo / emblems etc, so will try to reduce players playing arty to tiny percentage of 9.17 user base. If WG thought that arty was stopping WoT moving forward, they would have stopped it long ago, but didn't. Instead, they want folk to buy tier 8 prems, and remove arty from complicating the MM (which it doesn't, or shouldn't, if coded properly).

MyPinkTanks #6 Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4450 battles

View PostFryingTonight, on 07 May 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

Two possible reasons:

1. The anti-arty haters forced it.

2. WG was determined to get arty nerfed, no matter what.

Arty is going in 6-12 months tops, and WG doesn't want to compensate folk for camo / emblems etc, so will try to reduce players playing arty to tiny percentage of 9.17 user base. If WG thought that arty was stopping WoT moving forward, they would have stopped it long ago, but didn't. Instead, they want folk to buy tier 8 prems, and remove arty from complicating the MM (which it doesn't, or shouldn't, if coded properly).

ERM you say that arty is going in less than a year, where do you get this information from? WG?? I will always play arty and wont be buying any tier 8 premiums, if arty is going as you say, then I will be making sure I play the very last game with it.

As you can see I like playing the tank and its fun to play with,  it will be a shame if it does go, can you send me the link  where you got this information from please.

Thanks

Edited by MyPinkTanks, 07 May 2017 - 03:35 AM.

FryingTonight #7 Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11153 battles

It's an assertion, based on years of watching companies push one aspect of their product lines and reduce others.

If arty is what WG want people to play, then they would have pushed more prem arty, more buffs to make arty less vulnerable, or more mobile and so on. They don't give a flying one about arty. It's all about the other lines.

Think about it. All nerfed. AP shells gone. What limited view range they had is reduced, so when something comes at them, they get less time to react, they move slower anyway, and now they can't shotgun. In short, what was a 20% chance of arty success is generally a 0%, unless the attacker is very low on HP.

What proof do you have that arty use is encouraged, and WG plans to expand or improve gaming for arty players?

Arty has been made less attractive to new players, far less attractive to existing players, and when you factor in the abuse arty players get in general, there's really no point to playing it. In time, there will FAR less demand for arty gaming, the garaged arty from older players can be removed by WoT for no compensation (who will complain about it by then?). If it takes you months longer than I to come to this conclusion, that's your loss.

MyPinkTanks #8 Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:43 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4450 battles
@FryingTonight. I will be one of the last dying breed players to play it then, each to thier own for me I enjoy playing it and thats all that matters to me

Homer_J #9 Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28992 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It will be like 0.8.6 was.

Current arty players will stop playing as much, then new players will come along, not know what arty used to be like and gradually the numbers will rise again, and in a couple of years they will have to nerf it again.

MyPinkTanks #10 Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4450 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 08 May 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

It will be like 0.8.6 was.

Current arty players will stop playing as much, then new players will come along, not know what arty used to be like and gradually the numbers will rise again, and in a couple of years they will have to nerf it again.

And it goes on and on and on, like a revolving door

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users