I require desperate assistance!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

CatchEagle #1 Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17770 battles

I have been suffering from lag spikes in the game as of for about a week now and I cannot determine or find the source of this cause. I have tried different methods and asked for different advice from different people but nothing has worked so far me. My internet has a very strong connection and for years I did not find any problems with the game connection. But as I said earlier, just over a week ago, I started receiving these lag spikes in the game, seeing my ping just randomly jump up to unplayable moments, making this game almost unplayable and just not fun.

I have tried seeing what could be the problems and I have checked there were no background downloads, re-installing the game, testing my internet connection (and restarting the hub) and even restarting my PC. I have run out of ideas and I am in desperate need help of finding a solution for this problem, as I want to continue playing this game, but this problem is just killing me.

I sincerely seek advice!

CatchEagle

basin79 #2 Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
Download ping plotter and follow the instructions. Post the results up.

CatchEagle #3 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17770 battles

Hello, I have done what you asked:

Screenshot (22).png

Edited by CatchEagle, 29 April 2017 - 09:17 PM.

basin79 #4 Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles

View PostCatchEagle, on 29 April 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

Hello, I have done what you asked:

Screenshot (22).png

Unfortunately I'm as numb as a piss stone.

Help will come.

CatchEagle #5 Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17770 battles

View Postbasin79, on 29 April 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

Unfortunately, I'm as numb as a piss stone.

Help will come.

I do hope so because I am at the end of my road; I am out of ideas. I hope help will come soon as well.

Edited by CatchEagle, 29 April 2017 - 10:42 PM.

Fluffosaurus #6 Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1983 battles

View PostCatchEagle, on 28 April 2017 - 11:22 PM, said:

I have been suffering from lag spikes in the game as of for about a week now and I cannot determine or find the source of this cause. I have tried different methods and asked for different advice from different people but nothing has worked so far me. My internet has a very strong connection and for years I did not find any problems with the game connection. But as I said earlier, just over a week ago, I started receiving these lag spikes in the game, seeing my ping just randomly jump up to unplayable moments, making this game almost unplayable and just not fun.

I have tried seeing what could be the problems and I have checked there were no background downloads, re-installing the game, testing my internet connection (and restarting the hub) and even restarting my PC. I have run out of ideas and I am in desperate need help of finding a solution for this problem, as I want to continue playing this game, but this problem is just killing me.

I sincerely seek advice!

CatchEagle

Well if anybody knows what it's like to have bad internet and horrifying ping it's me. Living in a remote village in southern Germany where the internet is about as slow as a herd of snails traveling through marmalade, I feel your pain.

Usually your ping will drop significantly if any other people are using the internet to a great extent, basically taking all the speed away. I don't know if you share a router with anyone, if you are certainly consider that.

Perhaps the router is placed in an akward spot in your house/flat/appartment or whatever, which disturbs the signal.

If the worst comes to the worst ask the Wargaming support, but honestly they don't tend to help, with all due respect.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #7 Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

Looking at your plot.

- 1st IP is a router

- 2nd IP looks like your modem

3rd is a mystery

4th and 5th are also pieces of BT hardware.

I would give BT a call, tell them your local area hub (and the hubs after that) gives 85% packetloss.

Also try to remove the router in front of your modem (if this is the white Openreach thingy they mention on the follwing page..)

http://bt.custhelp.c...-of-your-bt-hub

Xino9922 #8 Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:36 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16028 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostSpek_en_Bonen, on 01 May 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

Looking at your plot.

- 1st IP is a router

3rd is a mystery

I would give BT a call, tell them your local area hub (and the hubs after that) gives 85% packetloss.

Also try to remove the router in front of your modem (if this is the white Openreach thingy they mention on the follwing page..)

Pretty much. Finally a case of what looks like an ISP's fault, instead of "reset your router". Although this is probably what ISP supprot will tell you anyway, because reasons :harp:

CatchEagle #9 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17770 battles

View PostSpek_en_Bonen, on 01 May 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Looking at your plot.

- 1st IP is a router

3rd is a mystery

Thank you very much for this. I will certainly call BT and see if they could see what is wrong. Your answer is the help I have been searching for some time and it finally came.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #10 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:08 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles
Cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users