Pansy

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Desyatnik_Pansy #1 Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:51 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Well this isn't a thread I thought I'd be creating if you asked me like, a year ago. Nonetheless, thanks to the amazing help of Milkym4n and Falkonett, here we are. Unlike my other threads, I hope to keep any remodels of mine strictly to this one thread rather than creating numerous. That said, I will not be moving remodels like the Tiran 5Sh to this thread (though I might perhaps redo the Tiran myself now that I can). Before we get to the remodel/s (since I've only done one thus far), I want to get a few things out of the way;

-I am a newb to remodelling. As such, I will likely be making some mistakes. Please bear with me in that regard, and if you notice anything you think shouldn't be as it is on a model or have any issues, please inform me. Oh, and as such, DO NOT ask me how to do remodelling. Really, just don't.

-I will NOT be taking requests. However, I am open to suggestions, just don't be offended if I turn them down. Especially with regards to custom-creating parts. I would like to for example add sideskirts to the Crusader, but that's not something I'll be able to do for awhile so for now I'll be sticking to mostly kitbashing tanks together to make them look pretty.

-Still sort of a "request" thing but enough of it's own thing that I'm making it a separate point. I won't be making any "HD Remodels" or importing anything from other games. Just don't even ask.

-I have no intention on any of my models to specifically be "historically accurate".  "Historically inspired", maybe, but definitely not 100% Historical.

-I am entirely open to you taking my models and adding your own reskins or perhaps even editing the model yourself. Just so long as I'm credited it and you're not advertising it entirely as your own, I'm fine with it.

And of course, one other thing before we get to remodels. As always, my links to some more professional skinners/remodellers;

Sgt_Krollnikow51 (EU); http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/313731-sgt-krollnikows-tank-factory/
Posh_And_Becks (EU); http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/575636-poshs-skins/

Anthoniusii (EU); http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/465195-anthoniusiis-09141-skins-index-in-1st-postt26e4-super-pershing-3rd-armored-division-germany-1945-in-post-64/

FastestClassic (NA); http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/505250-09152-classics-skin-workshop-updated-japanese-brown-color-swap-pack-sept-15th/

KiloRock (RU - Pardon what happens to the cyrillic text, the link should still work fine); http://forum.worldoftanks.ru/index.php?/topic/1801715-%D1%88%D0%BA%D1%83%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%B8-%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B8/

Milkym4n (EU);  http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/634825-milkys-modshop-the-2nd-or-maybe-even-3rd-try-like-i-care/

Kubana (EU); http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/575132-kubana-skins/

Fett713 (NA); http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/508071-fetts-reskin-motor-pool/

TheFalkonett (EU); http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/606339-thefalkonetts-random-acts-of-stowage/

Avalon304 (NA); http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/508505-09180-avalon304s-skin-workshop/

HiBan (NA)http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/528886-09171-hi-bans-remodels-and-stuff/

wookie_monster (NA); http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/515966-wot-customs-wookie-monster-fury-to-m4-thunderbolt-swap/

SkaerKrow (NA: inactive at the moment from my knowledge); http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/510500-krows-garage-reskins-and-remodels/

deh0mbre (EU); http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/627856-deh0mbres-little-workshop/

With that out of the way, shall we get to it?

M4 Sherman Remodel

Spoiler

Jagdpanther Remodel

Spoiler

M18 Hellcat Remodel

Spoiler

M10 Wolverine Remodel

Spoiler

Pz. III Ausf M Remodel (Pz. III J Remodel)

Spoiler

M26 Pershing Remodel

Spoiler

Centurion Mk. 7/1 Remodel

Spoiler

Tiger II Remodel

Spoiler

Tiger I HD Remodel

Spoiler

Panzer 58 Mutz Reskin/Remodel (+Schwarzpanzer 58 Remodel)

Spoiler

My other planned remodels:

- M36 Jackson

- T-34-85

- Type 58

- Pz 58 Mutz (redoing my existing Mutz remodel)

- AMX 13 90

- Tiger II Turret w/ Extra Extra Tracks

- Centurion Mk. 7/1 Redone

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 05 September 2017 - 04:20 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:59 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I meant to reserve this post for editing in the future anyway, but atleast I have some use of it now. Already noticed an issue with the Sherman, I didn't bother to preview every inscription and clearly I paid for it.

Spoiler

I don't mean to be lazy, but I'll fix that another day and hopefully keep that in mind next time. I lied, I couldn't go to bed thinking about it, so it's fixed now. Already updated to v1.1, probably the fastest time I've updated something.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 03 May 2017 - 05:12 AM.

PauI #3 Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17615 battles

It is nice that now we can find all your work on one thread, not so long ago I did a lot of searching for the Mutz remodel...the one with the wrapped gun. I will surely be following and recommending this thread as well as Milky's and Falkonett's one. (edited :) )

Edited by PauI, 03 May 2017 - 01:16 PM.

TheFalkonett #4 Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13318 battles
  • [-SFT-] -SFT-

View PostPauI, on 03 May 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Falcon's

It's still with a "K" 

Besides that however: Nice to see that you opened your own remodel thread aswell now Desy. Don't forget to update the signature :P

Edited by TheFalkonett, 03 May 2017 - 06:44 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:03 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostTheFalkonett, on 03 May 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

Besides that however: Nice to see that you opened your own remodel thread aswell now Desy. Don't forget to update the signature :P

Depends. I haven't changed it in awhile since they changed signatures slightly and so I'll have to remove a bunch of the links for it to allow it, hence I never added the IS Or such to the signature. Considering what to do with it though with this.

View PostTheFalkonett, on 03 May 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

The spare tracks on the hull & turret don't fit to the M4A1'd chassis, but the crew might not have cared about that and only wanted the added armor (I like to imagine why certain parts are, where they are).

Mentioned that in the OP, but I do myself like the idea of them (the crew) using them just for spaced armour. That said, I will change it, just not now or anything. :P

Desyatnik_Pansy #6 Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Jagdpanther w/ Sideskirts added to the OP. Nothing really else to it other than of course, Chassis camouflage and modified gui images to add the sideskirts. Let me know if there's any problems.

Spoiler

Also, I'll add this to the OP. Like Milkym4n and probably anyone else, I'm totally fine with anyone wanting to take these and edit them. Reskin, or add something else, I don't really mind so long as I'm credited for it and you're not advertising it entirely as your own one like a certain someone. :great:

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 03 May 2017 - 12:48 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #7 Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Hold your beer, because I'm not finished just yet today. Here's the Hellcat I previewed on the Remodelling Reposts thread. I might update the M4 Sherman with the tracks later tonight if I get the chance, but otherwise this'll probably be the last unless I get really bored and start working on the Wolverine of Pz. III M.

Spoiler

As always, encounter any issues, please inform me.

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:08 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

The M4 Sherman Remodel has been updated in the OP, switching the tracks to now be more in line with.. y'know, the M4 Sherman. I feel like the shadow or whatever on the new tracks (on the hull/turret) when they're not directly exposed to sunlight is a bit too dark which is probably something to do with that they're not likely supposed to be seen from these angles. I might mess with that in the future, but for now, I'll leave it as is. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy.

Spoiler

Sgt_Krollnikow51 #9 Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8233 battles
  • [-DRT-] -DRT-

Hi mate, first thx for your nice remods you've done for us  :great:

I've just donloaded your M4 Remod which gives the "naked" me some nice "trousers"  ;)

After unpacking it there is a 2nd  compressed folder which I've unpackes too and there is a folder with the remod files inside.

In your readme your've described that the remod files are from different tank textures, but what you've uploaded has only files from the m4 Thunderbold insides.

Is that a little mistake or did you made som changes to your remod ?? Would be nice to get an info about that, mate.

Greetz, Sarge

Desyatnik_Pansy #10 Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSgt_Krollnikow51, on 04 May 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

Hi mate, first thx for your nice remods you've done for us  :great:

I've just donloaded your M4 Remod which gives the "naked" me some nice "trousers"  ;)

After unpacking it there is a 2nd  compressed folder which I've unpackes too and there is a folder with the remod files inside.

In your readme your've described that the remod files are from different tank textures, but what you've uploaded has only files from the m4 Thunderbold insides.

Is that a little mistake or did you made som changes to your remod ?? Would be nice to get an info about that, mate.

Greetz, Sarge

I was tired yesterday since I've had a ****ed up sleep schedule for awhile, so I probably messed up the upload. I'll check it now (since I just woke up). 

EDIT: Odd, because I downloaded it from the link myself and deleted the files I had on my WoT, then installed the mod and it works fine. The files are all there for me. IIRC It should be something like this within the "M4 Sherman Remodel" zip:

res_mods -> 0.9.18.0 -> scripts -> item_defs -> vehicles (or whatever it is) -> usa -> A05_Sherman.xml

vehicles -> american -> A05_Sherman - > normal folder as well as textures for the Sherman Chassis, Thunderbolt hull and Thunderbolt turret IIRC -> edited Chassis/Hull/Turret_02 Model/Primitives/Visuals respective in the lod0 folder inside the normal folder

I dunno what your problem could be. I feel bad going back to the old classic but can you do two things for me? Try maybe redownloading the mod and trying it again (when I'm actually at my PC Later, I'll check it again), and if there's still a problem, can you get screenshots of the folder layout? ;x;

EDIT2: I removed all of the stuff for the three remodels I have, downloaded them from this page and installed them all with no problems. M4 Sherman looks exactly how it should and has the right files for me, so I'm really baffled as to what your problem is. :unsure:

Also, there's an error on the M4 Sherman's hull (thanks to Milky for pointing it out). Notice the tiny line above the tracks on the hull and compare it to the same spot on the base M4 Sherman?

Spoiler

I'll try fixing that later tonight, so bear with it.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 04 May 2017 - 06:24 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #11 Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:45 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

M4 Sherman Remodel updated again, fixing the above problem hopefully.

Spoiler

Additionally, I edited the AO For the tracks and the little parts holding them in place to hopefully be more in line with the rest of the tank. As always, any other issues, please inform me. Oh, and I'll be attempting to modify the M10 Wolverine in a similar way at latest on Saturday. Only reason I'm specifically mentioning that is I will be attempting to create it in 3ds Max instead of Blender, so since I'll be a complete newb to that, be especially careful about issues with that whenever I upload it unless I change my mind. :P

Oh, and Krollnikow, please inform me if you have the same problem with the updated download.

EDIT: Wow, I spotted an error by myself. Isn't that impressive. I'll have to look into this another night;

Spoiler

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 05 May 2017 - 12:55 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #12 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:19 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

This was only a test (I did it all in 3ds Max. Feels a bit odd, but I hope to get the hang of it), and I'll be doing this to the Pz. III M Anyway so I'm not uploading this, but yeah. 

Spoiler

Looks kinda cool if we ignore the overlapping clan emblem. The tracks on the lower plate will also be lower since that bar is there for them anyway, and I'll probably add more for effect. The tracks above them are floating a tiny bit as a result of me not wanting them to clip into each other, but hopefully that won't be the case in the finished product. Almost makes me want to start the Pz. III M Now, but I want to do the Wolverine first.

Sgt_Krollnikow51 #13 Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8233 battles
  • [-DRT-] -DRT-

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 04 May 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

I was tired yesterday since I've had a ****ed up sleep schedule for awhile, so I probably messed up the upload. I'll check it now (since I just woke up). 

EDIT: Odd, because I downloaded it from the link myself and deleted the files I had on my WoT, then installed the mod and it works fine. The files are all there for me. IIRC It should be something like this within the "M4 Sherman Remodel" zip:

res_mods -> 0.9.18.0 -> scripts -> item_defs -> vehicles (or whatever it is) -> usa -> A05_Sherman.xml

vehicles -> american -> A05_Sherman - > normal folder as well as textures for the Sherman Chassis, Thunderbolt hull and Thunderbolt turret IIRC -> edited Chassis/Hull/Turret_02 Model/Primitives/Visuals respective in the lod0 folder inside the normal folder

I dunno what your problem could be. I feel bad going back to the old classic but can you do two things for me? Try maybe redownloading the mod and trying it again (when I'm actually at my PC Later, I'll check it again), and if there's still a problem, can you get screenshots of the folder layout? ;x;

EDIT2: I removed all of the stuff for the three remodels I have, downloaded them from this page and installed them all with no problems. M4 Sherman looks exactly how it should and has the right files for me, so I'm really baffled as to what your problem is. :unsure:

Also, there's an error on the M4 Sherman's hull (thanks to Milky for pointing it out). Notice the tiny line above the tracks on the hull and compare it to the same spot on the base M4 Sherman?

Spoiler

I'll try fixing that later tonight, so bear with it.

Hi my friend, thx for your quick answer and............keep cool my friend, don't bother, I've tried out your M4 remod today again and it look's like it should I suppose..........:great:

I was a bit confused about finding only the "Thunderbolt"  files inside the skin folder. But I think this was my fault because I've read something about some other texture files too (M4A3E8 f.e.)

and now, after reownloading it again, everything is fine, so no probs at all in my Garage  :honoring:

THX mate for your time,

Regards,

Sarge

TheFalkonett #14 Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13318 battles
  • [-SFT-] -SFT-
What the Sarge probably meant, is that (for example) your Jagdpanther only contains the "JagdPanter_chassis_01_AO" files, although the hull.visual_processed loads the Panther's hull textures for the sideskirts. If I had a skin for the Panther, that would now also apply to the Jagdpanther's sideskirts. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostTheFalkonett, on 05 May 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

What the Sarge probably meant, is that (for example) your Jagdpanther only contains the "JagdPanter_chassis_01_AO" files, although the hull.visual_processed loads the Panther's hull textures for the sideskirts. If I had a skin for the Panther, that would now also apply to the Jagdpanther's sideskirts. 

I know what you mean with that, though that is deliberately like that.

This is just for anyone who wants to make a skin for any of these that doesn't overlap other models, you'd need to edit the visual_processed files (Notepad++ works for this, though there's probably other programs that can also do the same job) and let's just use the Jagdpanther as an example, modify the part where it says "vehicles/german/G03_PzV_Panther/G03_PzV_Panther_hull_AM.dds" and swap it to "vehicles/german/G18_JagdPanther/G03_PzV_Panther_hull_AM.dds". I wouldn't replace the other parts like the ANM, GMM and AO Unless you're also editing them in some way, and you won't be needing any more than the hull textures for the Panther which you can find in the "shared_content_sandbox" packages (only the top turret textures and whatnot are in the Tier VII Package, so yeah). :P

Desyatnik_Pansy #16 Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:09 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

M10 Wolverine is pretty much done, but I will be editing the textures a bit since I moved a few things before I upload it. I feel quite happy with it, but as always, please point out any issues you have with it. :P

Spoiler

Additionally, since I did the Wolverine, you'll likely see this maybe tomorrow, maybe later. We'll see how fun it is to edit. :hiding:

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #17 Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Well, I think it looks fine. I'll need to mess with the textures since again I moved a few things and then test how camouflage and whatnot looks, but yeah.

Spoiler

I was considering a "naked" version (so without the stuff on the turret and the base Wolverine hull) but then I realised because the Hellcat turret was designed with the extra stuff on it, that it'll be a fair bit of editing to make it look good and I can't be bothered with that. :P

Kubana #18 Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28801 battles
  • [S_T_G] S_T_G
Man cool staff..

Desyatnik_Pansy #19 Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Wolverine and Jackson are pretty much done, I'll be adding them to the OP Shortly. For now I just want to highlight that there will be problems, though mostly in the textures I think because I've never really edited textures before (aside from y'know, reskinning, which is pretty piss-easy) and so some parts will definitely look wrong.

The one that I think most stands out is this, which I'll be trying to fix a bit before uploading but it might still look bad in the finished version. Bear with me in that regard. :P

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #20 Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12313 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

M10 Wolverine and M36 Jackson added to the OP (they're the same download, so yeah). As always, inform me of any issues, as I'm heavily expecting some. Also, I might try to edit the camouflage scaling on the Jackson's turrets later as I'm not a fan of it at the moment. :hiding:

Spoiler

Oh, and one other thing. I mentioned this to Fett in a PM. I'll be switching the folder layouts inside the zips from "res_mods -> 0.9.18.0 -> scripts/vehicles/whatever" to just the "scripts/vehicles/whatever)" and what follows. Mostly just means in theory, I won't have to update the downloads just because of a new patch even if the model still works perfectly fine. :P

EDIT: Some in-game beauty shots of the Jackson, courtesy of Strappster for being there so I could actually go into a training room with a 50% Crew in it.

Spoiler

EDIT2: Updated the Jagdpanther download in the OP. This has done nothing more than change the folder layout and add the Panther hull AM Textures (with the Hull.visual_processed file edited accordingly) to better help people who want to make a skin for it.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 06 May 2017 - 11:37 PM.

Also tagged with Pansy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users