232 replies to this topic

apfel8 #221 Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36710 battles
  • [ST0RM] ST0RM

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 27 March 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

Short answer, no, not anytime soon.

Not really directed at you and more a thread bump I guess, but pretty much any and all my stuff (remodel-wise) won't work with 1.0, to my knowledge. I haven't really sat down and checked everything, but from what I've heard it would make sense that most of them don't and testing my Tiger I Model briefly I experienced crashes. Rough memory, but everything that points to the original tank files (i.e vehicles -> german -> G04_PzVI_Tiger_I) no longer works so they need to point to different folders (such as "remodels -> german -> G04_PzVI_Tiger_I", as Milky and Falkon for example have been using for awhile). Then there's also the VT Stuff to get decals working that I haven't the slightest clue about.

I've kinda fallen out with remodelling (or modding in general. Note how my British Bronze Green pack for example still hasn't been updated with the Badger and such) and this further just makes me less interested in really spending the time to sit there and fix everything. Most of the time I have free nowadays I spend playing the game or my own other stuff, and I'm very much not interested in having to spend like a week fixing everything. Even that would be hard to do since it would be hard NOT to just end up playing tanks instead if I had a week to myself.

In short, I don't really care about my stuff not being updated. Until I find a reason to sit there and waste time updating crap, you can expect that none of my stuff will really work. It probably comes off as rude, but it's just how I feel about this stuff atm. :L

Well thats sad to hear, but thanks for all you effort the last months!

At least your Stug Remodel is still working for me

1389__ #222 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:49 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10989 battles
Just to add another voice in here - It really would be nice to see some of your remodels back in game! :)

grass42 #223 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7492 battles
  • [D4SH_] D4SH_

i know is now this answer weird, but: is there functional remodel of pz 3 m ? since of hd maps that remodel not work.

thank you for the answer.

Desyatnik_Pansy #224 Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:53 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18115 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postgrass42, on 14 September 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

i know is now this answer weird, but: is there functional remodel of pz 3 m ? since of hd maps that remodel not work.

Unless someone else has done it, or even more unlikely someone else has taken my stuff and updated it, no. And assuming your likely response, I'll use 1389's post to respond in advance:

View Post1389__, on 12 April 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

Just to add another voice in here - It really would be nice to see some of your remodels back in game! :)

It is extremely unlikely (and I mean like, extremely: 00.0001% Chance) that I will return and update my models. I'm simply not really interested in remodelling or modding in general anymore. I have my Crusader and Tiger I Remodels working for myself since I do prefer those over the original models (especially the Tiger), but I have no plans on publicly uploading and maintaining them or anything else.

Sgt_Krollnikow51 #225 Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10698 battles
  • [D-5-5] D-5-5
Of course, your partially rude answers to the users makes me a bit angry.
I understand that other things are now more relevant for you instead of updating all the remodells you have had shared with us here. But in time you have uploaded all your crap (your words) you had any kind of motivation to do so. Yeah life is changing of course, and you,ve lost any kind of interest for your former work you've shared with us.
But the way you have choosen for baling out of your "work" and your former engagement is absolutely unpolite and absolutely without any respect for anyone here.
To have new preferences for yourself is OK but stopping all support for your own remodells in such a harsh way is for me personally, unacceptable.
Moderators should close your thread and you should delete your remodells which are completely outdated now.
The only thing they do for now is CTD.
And Pansy, nobody has ever forced you to make any remod for WoT.
All users who had downloaded your stuff much aprecciated for that.
So you should have a bit more respect for the ones who had given this to you.

Edited by Sgt_Krollnikow51, 15 September 2018 - 07:02 PM.

Mirukii #226 Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:58 PM

Skin Guru

• Player
  • 35885 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSgt_Krollnikow51, on 15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

Reading your...

In what way are his replies rude? They are on point and that's enough. No need to sugarcoat things especially if you have to tell people here 3 times that you're not going to update things. I would say it's more rude of the users asking again and again for updates while it was explained in length why it won't be happening.

Desy isn't bailing out of his work. He still does some minor model changes and just recently showed some of them on my Discord server. All he does is stop sharing them publicly which he has all the right to do and can't be considered unpolite or disrespectful. He on his own volition chose to share his work with others and he also can chose not to do that anymore. He doesn't gain anything from publicly sharing things so you claiming that it's disrespectful to them while that particular group of people hasn't given anything except a few 'thanks' messages back is rather ridiculous. Modding is pretty much a one way street where the modder gives and the users consume. The users don't give back anything valuable to the modder so demanding respect from the modder is a moot point.

What Desy does with his thread is for him to decide. Forum staff can only get involved if there is rule breaking going on. They are in no power to just close threads because someone hasn't updated his stuff, otherwise the mods subforum would have a bunch of closed threads but there are still some out there from 9.10 or whatever. This just shows you being salty at Desy for not obliging to the demands of some forum users.

And to the last point. No one has forced him to do remodels, that is true. It's something he started on his own but doing modding doesn't come with a requirement to continue things forever or when people ask for it. Again it's his own decision to do whatever he wants.

Sgt_Krollnikow51 #227 Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10698 battles
  • [D-5-5] D-5-5
So your arguments going fail.
Desy can stop supporting his shared work whenever he want's.
But the point is,and that is where your arguments fail is, that he has pointed out he never ever will come back to update his work. He has better things to do....
I have stopped support for my skins too, but I update even older skins if they make issues or CTD's.
And if Desy shares some work with YOU on your server is not relevant for us here in every point.
If he should have written that RL is more important or he is interested in other games now and apologise but shall stop his support, no prob, but this way is , sorry for that, a kind of arrogance.
And Milky, by the way, what's up with you, Your fans are staring "in a black hole" if they should expect a little update of your fine remods.....
For myself I can say that I recently update your remods I am using, with the new _AO.dds, _GMM.dds files as long they work with this.
If not they will be deleted.
Densy can do what he want, we live in a free world, but things will allways turn back to yourself....

Edited by Sgt_Krollnikow51, 15 September 2018 - 07:06 PM.

Mirukii #228 Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:53 PM

Skin Guru

• Player
  • 35885 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSgt_Krollnikow51, on 15 September 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

Desy can stop supporting his shared work whenever he want's.

View PostSgt_Krollnikow51, on 15 September 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

Densy can do what he want, we live in a free world

The debate ends here then since you seem to agree. He's telling people in a non-rude way he won't be updating or supporting his work but it's you here who's making a big stink about it. Maybe there's a difference in the two words 'update' and 'support' but if Desy stops updating his work to the current game version or fixing CTD or other bugs this means he has stopped supporting or maintaining his work. If users still choose to install those obviously outdated mods then that is their own problem. Official mod portal states for what version of the game each mods is and on here this thread has a [0.9.22.0] prefix in the thread title.

I'm mentioning his continued but private work on my Discord because you stated that he bailed out of his work which is factually untrue. It's just not public anymore and only for what I'd assume friends of his.

Not sure where you've got the idea that a mod creator needs to apologize for the discontinuation of his work and that it is arrogant and disrespectful to just stop supporting his publicly shared stuff. All in all respect is something earned and from what I've seen here no one has earned anything here. What have you, as in the community, given him that he owes anyone any kind of apology? If anything you should apologize to Desy for being the one who is demand two unnecessary things from him.

Now about me; I kinda chose to do the same as Desy. I'm keeping some things updated privately and share them with friends on my Discord if they ask me.

FluffyRedFox #229 Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:09 AM

General

• Player
  • 25286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
i like your skins pansy

Desyatnik_Pansy #230 Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:19 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18115 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Alright, I'll be splitting it up a bit to more directly respond to each part.

View PostSgt_Krollnikow51, on 15 September 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

Of course, your partially rude answers to the users makes me a bit angry.

I don't feel I was exactly rude in my response. At most I think the "And assuming your likely response" part could be interpreted as such, but at the same time I think it's fair that I added that part as it answers in advance the most likely follow-up post by him, which would be to ask if I would update it myself.

I understand that other things are now more relevant for you instead of updating all the remodells you have had shared with us here. But in time you have uploaded all your crap (your words) you had any kind of motivation to do so. Yeah life is changing of course, and you,ve lost any kind of interest for your former work you've shared with us.
But the way you have choosen for baling out of your "work" and your former engagement is absolutely unpolite and absolutely without any respect for anyone here.
To have new preferences for yourself is OK but stopping all support for your own remodells in such a harsh way is for me personally, unacceptable.
Moderators should close your thread and you should delete your remodells which are completely outdated now.
The only thing they do for now is CTD.

The main reason for not asking the thread to be deleted and removing the links is, fair enough, simply that I didn't really care to do such. That's the main reason though. The other one is that I like to atleast float the idea that someone would take them and update them themselves. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't ask such of anyone and frankly couldn't care less if they did or not, but it's more that I like to atleast give them the chance to do such. Contrary to what you say, I think it would be "absolutely unpolite and absolutely without any respect for anyone here" if I were to just outright have the thread removed instead.

You've recently been updating some of deh0mbre's stuff, which is as I understand possible because his thread is still there and the links are still active (I can't say for sure, I've never used any of his stuff). It's sort of the same thing. Imagine if his thread was removed or he had removed the download links. I imagine it would be like any time Milky removed his stuff and people asked those who had them to re-upload them (special shout out in particular to Seb for that).

And Pansy, nobody has ever forced you to make any remod for WoT.
All users who had downloaded your stuff much aprecciated for that.
So you should have a bit more respect for the ones who had given this to you.

True. At the same time, plenty of people asked me to update my stuff. This was fine while I was actually interested in doing such namely because I used my own stuff (a fair number of my remodels were purely made because I was playing those tanks), but as I grew more bored of modding in general and started using my own stuff less; namely since I finished playing those tanks or just got bored of them; it became more like a chore to update them each time. This was especially apparent once I started to get less free time while at the same time becoming more interested in actually playing the game (around the time I was in my "prime" for modding, I was playing WoT Only once a week and only because of my idiot friend Chaos. Nowadays I play it 5 Times a week), so I would have to trade out time I could be playing to sort out mods that I don't even use myself. 

Regarding the "respect" thing. I'm sorry but I have to entirely agree with Milky here. When I use mods from someone else, I don't expect anything of them. If a modder were to stop updating there stuff; for WoT Or any other game I use mods on; it'd be a bummer, but I wouldn't throw a hissyfit over it. I might maintain the mod for myself personally, but that depends on if I'm capable of it or even just how invested in that mod I am. If it's something I'm not able to personally maintain but at the same time something I'm quite invested in, I'd most likely just try to find something similar, but I'm certainly not going to ask the modder to go out of their way to update it or anything if they've chosen to quit. We'll likely just have to agree to disagree on this subject.

There is only one person I feel bad for who's name I sadly don't remember, but they gifted me an FV4202(p) for my work. While I don't believe I actually wrote it as a rule in the OP Or anything, I do feel I've likely stated before that I asked for nothing from people especially since my mods came out of my personal interests, but I've kept the tank even though I have and never will play it since the guy paid money for it and I'd feel even worse for selling it. I probably don't have to but I still feel like I should; for the love of God, no one get the idea that if you send me Gold or something I'll update anything. Seriously, you would be spending your money on nothing and if anything you'd just piss me off.

View PostSgt_Krollnikow51, on 15 September 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

If he should have written that RL is more important or he is interested in other games now and apologise but shall stop his support, no prob, but this way is , sorry for that, a kind of arrogance.

The only part of this second post I think I can really respond to. Both of these are technically correct:

-as of August last year (it's on like Page 8 or 9), I took in a stray cat, which means I have two cats now; O'Malley and Chiko. My brother and I share a lot of things so we use a sort of system to determine who gets on what at which time and who has to namely entertain the cats; which sounds dumb, but that's just how it is. Prior to taking in Chiko, I would normally be at my PC Between 6-10pm and would be free to mod on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. After midnight however I would ALSO get back on the PC Until, well, whenever I fell asleep, usually around 4-5am. Nowadays however, while I am still on between 6-10pm, those free days no longer really happen (see below) and I only get back on my PC For an hour between 1am to 2am most nights.

-I didn't really get interested in other games. However, I became more interested in actually playing tanks. As I mentioned above, back then I was normally only playing WoT Once a week on Mondays. I had no interest in playing it otherwise and nothing else really took time away from modding on my free days if I wanted to since I don't particularly play a lot of games by myself and something like say watching anime wouldn't stop me from modding. That was back then though, and nowadays I'm more interested in playing tanks. I play it 5 Days a week; Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Since I was also only getting the hour on later at night mentioned above, that meant modding would primarily be done on any of those days and would mean not playing tanks to do such. While still being interested in modding a bit this would be a fair trade, but since I grew less interested in modding, you can likely imagine I wasn't particularly fond of the idea.

Perhaps I should apologise for not stating so, but I also don't feel like I should have to give a reasoning to stop doing something I'm no longer interested in, which I did state back in March in response to apfel and I feel should be enough. Saying that, I hope I don't give off the illusion that I really care what people think. If it's "rude" or "arrogant" for me to quit then so be it, though I'm not quite sure what "Densy can do what he want, we live in a free world, but things will allways turn back to yourself" is apparently getting at.

In a still-kinda-long tl;dr: I got bored of modding and had less time for it anyway. Especially with the drop of 1.0 I felt "What's the point" since I had lost my interest in it and had already been using my own mods less and less and felt no obligation to put the time into updating my mods when I don't use them myself. The mods are still to my understanding all there and can be updated by anyone who knows how and is themselves willing to put the time into doing such, but I personally don't see a reason to and I don't really care if I'm apparently "wrong" for doing such.

I mentioned in my previous post that I have my Crusader and Tiger I Working for myself and Milky mentioned I've not entirely quit modding and have posted a few things on his Discord, but that's mostly just shooting random ideas (Avalon's AMX 30 Remodel, well the turret, is basically one such idea that he used) and not really planning on making anything and certainly not publicly uploading and maintaining it.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 16 September 2018 - 12:25 AM.

Sgt_Krollnikow51 #231 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:50 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10698 battles
  • [D-5-5] D-5-5
For your information:
I update some of " deh0mbre's"remods
because he has stopped working for WoT as a consequence from being mobbed by WG and that he was ensulted to cheat.
WG never answered his questions why he was banned for nothing...
As I've said before, we live in a free world......and the more you are argueing or writing to be on the " right side" , the more it shows me that it was time to say an "open word here"....

Desyatnik_Pansy #232 Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:31 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18115 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSgt_Krollnikow51, on 16 September 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

For your information:
I update some of " deh0mbre's"remods
because he has stopped working for WoT as a consequence from being mobbed by WG and that he was ensulted to cheat.
WG never answered his questions why he was banned for nothing...

I couldn't really give a toss over why you're doing it. My point was that his thread isn't locked or anything and his downloads still available, but I'm apparently disrespectful for having the same thing, why, just because I didn't say sorry?

Mirukii #233 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:27 PM

Skin Guru

• Player
  • 35885 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Not to clog things up I'm using spoilers :3

Spoiler

Also tagged with Pansy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users