M41 after 9.18

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

GoHomeClub #21 Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44801 battles
It's fun to play the M41 Walker Bulldog, mostly due to the excellent gun handling and mobility. Sadly you kinda need to play retarded imba tanks to prevail at tier 8 these days. But I 3 marked it on the way to the T49 and I think, that I'm going to keep in my garage. At the end of the day it's still the best tier 8 scout apart from the blackdog and it looks sexy af.

Search_Warrant #22 Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27780 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
edited

Edited by 11poseidon11, 05 December 2018 - 08:01 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to insult

MR_FIAT #23 Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20394 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
edited

Edited by 11poseidon11, 05 December 2018 - 08:02 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to not being constructive

KleinerTiger #24 Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23305 battles
  • [R_A_C] R_A_C

I'll also add a bottle of whine...

I bought the M41 some time after 9.18, after it lost the Autoloader. Initially, it wasn't bad at all, though. It seemed like a slight improvement over the CMCD, one I just would need to get the hang of using. I easily got the first gunmark and held a WR of about 52%, so nothing fantastic, but not too shabby either for my first tier 8 scout, I guess.

Then I took a break for a while when 1.0 was introduced, but now after my return the tank simply is jinxed. JINXED, I say! Or maybe simply steamrolled by powercreep.

My WR drops steadily and is barely over 47% now. My _current_ WR is about 1 in 4, I would say. It's no fun to play at all anymore.
For comparison, in the CMCD I had over 54% WR and higher gunmark score.

It does have pretty good mobility, but that's about it. It's as big as a Med, but of course with none of the armour. Bad camo (even though my crew is fully skilled in it) so I get spotted ALL THE TIME. The DPM is good on paper but in reality you can't use it. As soon as you shoot, you will get lit so you'd better get the hell outta Dodge. If you even can.

And when I think of the times pre-9.18, how OP that [edited]tier 7 Bulldog was... a pale shadow today.

It grieves me, but now I just want to get through with that dungpile. 70k XP to go so I'll prolly burn some reserves. Hopefully the T49 will be better. If not, I guess I'll drop the girls back down to the T37.

Edited by KleinerTiger, 25 November 2018 - 11:48 AM.

Snaques #25 Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27680 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Three marked the Bulldog today. I power grinded my way to the Bulldog maybe a week before it was nerfed, just to know how it was back then. Was immediately my favorite tank in the game. After the nerf I pretty much gave up on it.

Took it out few days ago as I had 3 marked all lower tier US LTs and was kind of pleasantly surprised. I mean my expectations were super low so it's all relative, but it is still rather mobile LT with great view range and well behaving gun. A true big brother for the CMCD. It does lack the IT factor as it doesn't shine in anything, but all in all it was quite a fun mark.

Ran the tank with the Rammer, Vstab and Optics. I do use binos on some LTs that are more reliant on their spotting ability, but on Bulldog I definitely felt like it needed some combat capabilities as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users