Nooby newbie over 50 seeking a community

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Cale5 #1 Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4456 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

I have been playing for about 2 to 4 hours a week, a bit less than 1000 battles and some stats site describe my skills as "very bad" (it's my other account, not this one with much worse or no stats at all, I think). I have reached tier V with 2-3 tanks now, trying to get one for all tank types there. Due to limited time to explore everything, I'm not hurrying to get to VII-X tiers, and quite happily play the lower tiers, mainly with 3-5 tanks. For the same reason, I have been playing only the standard random battles and tend to orient to fixed map locations (depending on the tank type etc, of course).

Now, what I'd like to find is a community of like-minded, or better: broad-minded :) players for occasional platooning etc. My language is Finnish, but I think I manage with English, too. Actually (and to give an example of the things I appreciate), it would be nice to find a community where we could use other languages, too, specially when some members would benefit jumping into their native language when some conceptually complex or hard-to-explain matters are discussed.

Teamspeak or other voice chat is ok. I'm not so familiar with the game controls, and I'd like to practise the communication tools (battle chat / Z-menu keys). For the broader ambition, I'd like to go deep to random team communication and strategy building: how to rapidly communicate and absorb the team member's state and ambitions and to develop an instant and adaptive strategy for the current team. I know this is the field of the more advanced players, but now you know where I'll put my efforts.

I might consider starting up a new clan, but preferably in cooperation with a community of other clans. My clan would not concentrate on improving personal game stats with all means available, but winning the random battles by hard work - there's a difference.

But shortly: I'd like to learn to play as an useful newbie for the current team. Relaxed, fun and...

Helmutson #2 Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 26674 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Just have a look if we are the right kind of people for you:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/425638-awf-a-w-f-after-work-fun-club-is-recruiting/page__fromsearch__1

http://www.afterworkfun.club/

Cheers

Helmutson

TTX50 #3 Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22049 battles

Posted Image

Hello Cale5,

We might be the kind of clan you're after. We've a few Finnish players in our midst! I am very happy to invite you to your apply to WolfPack. If you would like to visit our website, and by extension our forums please visit
http://wolfpack.net.au/ there you can find our rules, information on how to apply and more. If you'd rather hang out with us and get to know us or want to ask us a question, please visit our TS-3 address at 66.151.138.13:39050 and message any of our members. If you want to join us we have some rules.

The 3 main points are:
You must be over 18 years old - which you are !!
You must have Team Speak 3 and be able to speak English - which you can!
You must participate with members and work as a clan - which you want to do!

Hope that hasn't scared you off. Any questions, please feel free to ask. Hope to see you hunting soon.

Regards,

Cale5 #4 Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4456 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostHelmutson, on 07 May 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

Promising!

Joggaman #5 Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:16 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23964 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I see you are reading our recruitment-thread already...:B

A_GIO_Rob #6 Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 56628 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

Welcome to Bulldogs2, part of the Bulldogs Clan.

We are a friendly, welcoming, international Clan, always looking to add new members to our ranks.

Although we have some very good players in the Clan, our primary focus is to have fun whilst giving our opponents a good battle. Player 'Stats' are NOT important, but a willingness to join in and have fun are.

We are active in 'World of Tanks', 'World of Warships' and 'Armored Warfare' and we hold regular 'Stronghold Battles' at tiers 6, 8 and 10 on most nights during the week, so there will be plenty opportunity for you to battle.

If you speak English, are at least 18 years old, have at least one Tier 6 vehicle and TeamSpeak, we would like to talk to you.

Please drop in for a chat and join us in a battle or two.

Our TeamSpeak details are: 85.236.100.96:11157 P/W bull

Please contact:

A_GIO_Rob Clan Commander

sandra1966 Deputy Commander

A1adinsane Deputy Commander

Helmetfire Recruitment Officer

bohica666 Recruitment Officer

dennez #7 Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17307 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I'm sorry, you're a bit too young for us. Pls come back when you're 70.

Cale5 #8 Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4456 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostHelmutson, on 07 May 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

Hi, I tried to contact, but I didn't manage to register to the forum (confirmation email never got through to my mailbox).

Helmutson #9 Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 26674 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

mmh, just contact me in game. Usually it works fine. Just check your spam folder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users