Patch 9.18 T49 Gun Choices

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: T49 Gun Choices. (26 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which gun do you / will you use on the T49?

1. The 90mm (15 votes [57.69%])

Percentage of vote: 57.69%

2. The 152mm (11 votes [42.31%])

Percentage of vote: 42.31%

Vote Hide poll

FluffyRedFox #1 Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 25286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

So with the advent of patch 9.18, the T49s 90mm gun has received a substantial buff and with it you no longer have to spend an extortionate amount of credits just to have consistent damage firing 250 pen HEAT as opposed to HEP. I'm just gonna say it now, I highly prefer this gun to the derp but I'll outline the advantages and disadvantages of each gun so you can feel free to make your own conclusions.

Other info that could show bias:

-I run my T49 with Vents/Optics/VStabs so already the derp gun is at a disadvantage compared to the 90mm.

-My crew isn't the best with sixth sense, smooth ride, snapshot and safe stowage trained as first skills with camo trained as a second skill at ~85% which will be dropped for BIA after reaching 100%, but I'm not sure how much BIA will affect the 152mm's gun handling.

So, the 90mm:

With 212 standard APCR pen and 250 HEAT its on the higher end of penetration when compared to the other tier IX Light tanks and being quite average in accuracy sitting nicely in the middle at 0.38, what makes the gun special is having 300 more DPM than the other tier IX lights at just over 2,500 and a reload in my current setup of 5.63. Unless its a 13 90 you're up against, you'll always be able to out reload them. With a rammer + BIA, this reload goes down to 4.95 seconds which is pretty insane. With gun handling that is even better than the Conquerors, the 90mm makes for a very nice, lethal and comfortable gun.

The 152mm:

While the 90mm is consistent, fast aiming and reliable, the 152 is completely the opposite. Unwieldy comes to mind when I use this gun. The gun soft stats are atrocious, even when sat still fully aimed the aiming circle is massive and turning the turret even slightly results in the reticle being the size of Jupiter. Surprisingly enough the soft stats whilst in movement and traversing the hull are exactly the same as the 90mm at 0.10 (0.8 with v.stabs), the bloom whilst traversing the turret is 6 times as much at 0.36 (0.28 with v.stabs, although this is still terrible) which is quite close to artillery levels of bloom (and funnily enough the Obj 261 gets better traversing bloom:D ). Even if the 152 had the same handling as the 90mm, it would still be horribly inaccurate as its base dispersion is 0.58 which can only be seen as accurate if you're only comparing it with artillery. However, if you can manage to hit something with this gun it can be kind of worth it, hitting most things for 200-400 in the front with only super-heavy tanks being problematic as you can easily roll 150 damage and below but at least with the 152 you can damage those kind of tanks from the front, giving at least some advantage over the 90mm.

Also slappin' tank rears for 900+ damage never gets old :trollface:

Overall the 90mm offers players a much more comfortable gun choice and will in most situations be the much better gun choice, but the 152 excels in finishing off low HP heavily armoured targets, hitting lightly armoured targets and putting a dent in very heavy armour.

Edited by fishbob101, 08 May 2017 - 06:46 PM.

FluffyRedFox #2 Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:25 PM

General

• Player
  • 25286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
152mm certainly has its moments

voodoospirit #3 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29392 battles

i still use the 152mm , even if it trolls sometimes.

the corridors maps dont offer many choices than facing tds or heavies and in those cases, the 152mm can operate.

on open field, i just turn into a shooting platform 2nd line 'sniper', if i pen at long range those tanks brawling my team... all good...if i miss, it s ok , i reload. then at mid game , i start to chase low life or easy pen tanks but always with an escape route if i miss the shot or dont kill....( still a trolling gun)

and all those defenders/ liberté or premium noob tanks , getting hit by the 152mm ( hello new MM) is still priceless....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users