LTG - how is it ?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

ExclamationMark #21 Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:30 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

I made a 30 minute topic about it... then edited it, and deleted it by accident. :facepalm:

Suffice to say I loved it, hidden gem really, one of the rare few tanks I would call a keeper. 

dennez #22 Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18586 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostExclamationMark, on 28 November 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

I made a 30 minute topic about it... then edited it, and deleted it by accident. :facepalm:

Suffice to say I loved it, hidden gem really, one of the rare few tanks I would call a keeper. 

I've always dismissed it as a worthless T7 LT.. What makes it stand out from a WZ-131 or god forbid a T71? because i cant find any redeeming factors, but then again i havent played it. Yet.. Was wondering about it.

DiMtopia #23 Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15259 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM

View Postdennez, on 28 November 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

I've always dismissed it as a worthless T7 LT.. What makes it stand out from a WZ-131 or god forbid a T71? because i cant find any redeeming factors, but then again i havent played it. Yet.. Was wondering about it.

i think he might be trolling. on that account he doesn't even own an LTG and never played it.

i'm currently on it and it's utter crap.

the view range is total rubbish and it forces you to be a passive scout, which sucks.

i have it stock and with a 75% crew and it is utter garbage.

once it will be full and have a 100% crew it will still have a max 403m view range with optics and vents.

absolute ideal scenario is when you have a multi skill crew (which at tier 7 is highly unlikely for 99% of people) and run food, vents, optics and you'll still be a little bit under the 445m mark.

compared to a t-71 it is utter garbage and doesn't win at any single category. less firepower, less view range and less mobility.

Edited by DiMtopia, 03 December 2017 - 02:31 PM.

anonym_2melq3kkw9Cd #24 Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostDiMtopia, on 03 December 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

No $hit.

DiMtopia #25 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15259 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM

View Postederfe, on 03 December 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

No $hit.

stop taking things out of context and read the whole post. you'll see i clearly explained why i think the tank's garbage regardless of how well equipped it is.

PS: in the meantime i've fully researched it. still garbage.

anonym_2melq3kkw9Cd #26 Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostDiMtopia, on 07 December 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

stop taking things out of context and read the whole post. you'll see i clearly explained why i think the tank's garbage regardless of how well equipped it is.

PS: in the meantime i've fully researched it. still garbage.

Playing the tank stock with 75% crew isn't the context in which you give your review of it? :amazed:

What equipment did you end up using? (Full context for your opinion)

dennez #27 Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18586 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
When i do a comparison between all the T7 lights it does come out rather underwhelming.. T71 DA, Type 62 and 13 57 are king, next comes the WZ-131 and then the rest of the bunch.

Iscoed1815 #28 Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12757 battles
I like the 131 it's Alpha is pretty devastating, though I like the 13 57 the best

DiMtopia #29 Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15259 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM

View Postederfe, on 08 December 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

Playing the tank stock with 75% crew isn't the context in which you give your review of it? :amazed:

What equipment did you end up using? (Full context for your opinion)

if you read my post i explained how the tank is in 3 instances which can and will be encountered on the battlefield.

75% crew and stock.

100% crew and fully researched

multi skill crew with all the bells and whistles.

i'm at the second stage using rammer, vents and optics. i actually thought about using rammer optics and binocs to be able to both active and passive scout, but as i said before i'm not a fan of passive scouting and the maps where you can do that nicely are very few. so in the end i went for the active scoute route sacrificing gun handling (vstab) for a bit more view range and other stuff (vents)

PS: the tank still sucks.

anonym_2melq3kkw9Cd #30 Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostDiMtopia, on 10 December 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

i'm at the second stage using rammer, vents and optics. i actually thought about using rammer optics and binocs to be able to both active and passive scout, but as i said before i'm not a fan of passive scouting and the maps where you can do that nicely are very few. so in the end i went for the active scoute route sacrificing gun handling (vstab) for a bit more view range and other stuff (vents)

PS: the tank still sucks.

Thanks for this. Wasn't trying to be a d1ck btw. :) Nice to see an opinion on how the tank seems with a not-so-perfected crew as those multiskill crew, 3 marking reviews are on the first page already. When I reach the tank eventually I will have a crew closer to crap than high end so your endeauvors has it's own worth for me.

The viewrange seems to be the biggest issue to tackle for someone like me with a fetish to max it. Will have time to figure it out with a-43 and mt-25 with same vr. What is your average spotting damage?

DiMtopia #31 Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15259 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM

View Postederfe, on 11 December 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

Thanks for this. Wasn't trying to be a d1ck btw. :)

no problem mate.

View Postederfe, on 11 December 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

Nice to see an opinion on how the tank seems with a not-so-perfected crew as those multiskill crew, 3 marking reviews are on the first page already. When I reach the tank eventually I will have a crew closer to crap than high end so your endeauvors has it's own worth for me.

The viewrange seems to be the biggest issue to tackle for someone like me with a fetish to max it. Will have time to figure it out with a-43 and mt-25 with same vr. What is your average spotting damage?

yeah, thing is almost every tank is good if you pimp it out with multi skill crews, fancy equipment, food, not to mention directives.

but the truth is 90% of the people can't afford to do that, especially for lower tier tanks.

i mean at tier 10 you end up with a multi skilled crew simply by grinding to tier 10, but at tier 7 you can't have that unless you invest in personal reserves , premium time, premium tanks and so on. so most people will use this tank with a not so good crew and without food. and in this scenario the view range is awful. in my opinion the absolute minimum requirement is 380m base. this means that with optics+vents and 2 view range skills for the crew (bia+recon/awareness) you can get over the 445 limit with no need to use food. 

but this tank is at a paltry 360m. and i'd accept that if it had something else going on for it. a beastly gun or out of this world mobility would have somehow made up for the awful view range but there's no aspect at which this tank truly shines.

at least from tier 8 the lttb has 380m so i'm looking forward to that.

azakow #32 Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 83049 battles

View PostDiMtopia, on 03 December 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

i think he might be trolling. on that account he doesn't even own an LTG and never played it.

i'm currently on it and it's utter crap.

the view range is total rubbish and it forces you to be a passive scout, which sucks.

once it will be full and have a 100% crew it will still have a max 403m view range with optics and vents.

absolute ideal scenario is when you have a multi skill crew (which at tier 7 is highly unlikely for 99% of people) and run food, vents, optics and you'll still be a little bit under the 445m mark.

compared to a t-71 it is utter garbage and doesn't win at any single category. less firepower, less view range and less mobility.

rubbish view range = passive spotting ?!

Truth is, the LTB is not the best at passive spotting, coz of its view range.

75% crew and you even consider to comment on this vehicle?!

:)

A keeper for me, coz it is very good acive scout.

The ideal required scenario is to have at least a one skill trained crew, which is camo six sense and paint.

Once you have this the low view range is compensated by its camo values. You will notice that all of the sudden the LTG starts to work and demonstartes what it is capable of.

This applies to commanders that apply patience to their map knowlegde and battlefield awareness.

Additional circles (50m, 100m, 300m, view range, draw range) on their (3/5 sized) minimap helps them to control their distance to the opponents very relaibaly.

DiMtopia #33 Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15259 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM

View Postazakow, on 12 December 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

75% crew and you even consider to comment on this vehicle?!

spare me the elitist [edited]. what percentage of the player base do you think trains the crew with gold, and spends free xp to never play stock tanks and start with pimped crew? how many can afford to always run with food and spam gold?

it's obvious the tank gets better once you have it elited and with a multi skilled crew. this is valid for every tank in the game.

however, this is a forum for the whole community and i'm assuming many people that come here to read about the vehicles will start playing them with less than an ideal situation, just like i did.

75% crew, stock tank. hence i gave my opinion on the tank in that respective stance.

then i did it once more after i got the crew to 100% and the tank fully researched.

now i'm at 60% camo for all crew members (commander also has 6th sense) and i have to say the tank does change a lot. that 10+ points of extra camo i get from the crew (probably ~15 once 100%) do make a huge difference in terms of playability and vision mechanics.

now i can actually spot a tier 9 medium without getting spotted back, i can then double bush and hit it.

without camo on the crew that would have been impossible.

i'm assuming that with full camo and bia on the crew this will make quite a sneaky little bugger of a tank.

azakow #34 Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 83049 battles

View PostDiMtopia, on 24 December 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

now i'm at 60% camo for all crew members (commander also has 6th sense) and i have to say the tank does change a lot. that 10+ points of extra camo i get from the crew (probably ~15 once 100%) do make a huge difference in terms of playability and vision mechanics.

now i can actually spot a tier 9 medium without getting spotted back, i can then double bush and hit it.

i'm assuming that with full camo and bia on the crew this will make quite a sneaky little bugger of a tank.

Sounds like a full stop and 180 degree turn.

I understand that the vehicle is not full garbage anymore, like you have posted at the beginning of the month.

Nice you get working for you.

It is always the same over and over again, year after year, vehicle line after vehicle line, hence I said: 75% crew and you even consider to comment on this vehicle?!

This may sound like elitist to you.

Retorical question:  Have you given a thought about yourself in this topic?

commer #35 Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38280 battles

View PostDiMtopia, on 24 December 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

spare me the elitist [edited]. what percentage of the player base do you think trains the crew with gold, and spends free xp to never play stock tanks and start with pimped crew? how many can afford to always run with food and spam gold?

it's obvious the tank gets better once you have it elited and with a multi skilled crew. this is valid for every tank in the game.

however, this is a forum for the whole community and i'm assuming many people that come here to read about the vehicles will start playing them with less than an ideal situation, just like i did.

75% crew, stock tank. hence i gave my opinion on the tank in that respective stance.

then i did it once more after i got the crew to 100% and the tank fully researched.

90%+ of the players retrain crew for silver but that means they start with 90% crew not 75% crew. Also probably some skills are started since they got to 100% on mt25 and trained some skills (like camo). Nothing elitist about it. I played this tank from stock, from 90% crew with 70% camo since that is what I trained on mt25 and retrain for gold only dropped my crew to 90%. 

Also it's not elitist since going from 90% or even 75% to 100% is quick and you play most of the grind at 100%. So you judge the tank in the form you spend most of it. 

anonym_2melq3kkw9Cd #36 Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostDiMtopia, on 24 December 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

A bit too black and white your assumption that people either start with a 100% gold crew or 75% silver in any tank on any tier. I assume that people who come to the forums read the usual recommendation to aquire sixth sense on tier 5-6 before moving on. So it is not elitist for someone to assume that one should have sixth sense and full camo on rest of crew when starting a grind on a tier 7 tank. It's more on the side that starting a higher tier tank with silvercrew is considerd being cheap. (No you don't need to use gold! but what happened to your mt-25 and or t-50 crew? Why not move them up a tier and grind a new crew for it on an easier tier like suggested by everyone and their grandmother).

And with free girls for commanders being abundant these days why start training commanders for silver at all.

Also saying multiskill crew makes any tank better is in a way self evident but not always true (those are the true craptanks). Also a bit too black and white. You don't need multiskills. If a tank isn't performing with sixth sense on commander and appropriate first skill on rest of crew then the crew is not the problem. Second skills+ are just a nice extra, not a requirement.

Reviewing a tier 7 stock with 75% crew has it's own (humour) value and also works as a warning sign not to do. However as said before, to anyone who reads the forum that review has little value because no one of those would be in that situation atleast not without knowing full well what they are doing is not the best way. Can you name a tank good stock and with 75% crew btw?

It is funny and good that you in the end learned by yourself what people say in this thread and every light tank skill thread: Tank performs well with camo skill. Who would have guessed. :)

Mango_Salesman #37 Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26989 battles
  • [MOGNO] MOGNO
started playing this tank with a female crew just to get to tier 9 or 10 but i love it so much i think i'll keep it. i'm an average player at best but (in around 50 games) have almost 65% winrate if i recall correctly and i'm on my way to 2nd mark. excellent scout with good crew, food and equipment, both passive and active. i use stock gun as the pen increase isn't in my opinion worth the dpm loss, works like a charm

kaneloon #38 Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:44 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31043 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

Put a girl as commander waiting to unlock the t100lt, I have it now but she is still there ;)

Nice tank, low size is ok and its armor is nice + you can ram other ligths.

Kissa_ei_kuulu_pakkaseen #39 Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8915 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

Otherwise nice tank, but...

blacklupos #40 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13019 battles
This tank is very Mediocre in my opinion.

The Poor view range and poor mobility makes it an awful scout. The whole purpose of a scout is to - yeah, scout, and run away. Can wait to get through this crap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users