LTG - how is it ?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Deejaykandi #41 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23405 battles

View Postblacklupos, on 17 April 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

This tank is very Mediocre in my opinion.

The Poor view range and poor mobility makes it an awful scout. The whole purpose of a scout is to - yeah, scout, and run away. Can wait to get through this crap

I agree. This tank suffers badly from the awful terrain resistance, which make it feel sluggish. The gun handling is OK, but it does not have neither the mobility nor view range to perform well as a scout. I can't see why the LTG has only 360 view range, when all the other T7 lights have 370-390. Just 10m more would make it a little more competitive. Could do with slightly better terrain resistance too.

Snaques #42 Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34409 battles

Well the LTG is a stupidly low tank, which translates to great camo and awful view range. In the end it is a great scout if you know what you are doing.

What comes to mobility, I agree that it lacks in top speed but it is very agile making it mobile in my books. 

I think that LTG is the most fun tier 7 LT together with T71 DA. I also felt like it was pretty good as I got two Radleys, 3x MoE and 58% WR in it. Not many tier 7 LTs can match that. 

azakow #43 Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84383 battles

View Postsecana11, on 23 April 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

I agree. This tank suffers badly from the awful terrain resistance, which make it feel sluggish. The gun handling is OK, but it does not have neither the mobility nor view range to perform well as a scout. I can't see why the LTG has only 360 view range, when all the other T7 lights have 370-390. Just 10m more would make it a little more competitive. Could do with slightly better terrain resistance too.

A case of PEBKAC.

Avdryz #44 Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:47 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21746 battles
THATS THE FU*** HOMO TANK. 

Tyburn #45 Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13025 battles
Joining this thread very late but felt the need to input my views as the game stands at this date.

This tank is a real surprise. On paper it’s not great - in reality it’s a total beast. I almost exclusively play LT’s - always have and the LTG is a new favourite. Sure it’s not fast, although it is very manoeuvrable. It can circle heavies with ease. It’s gun will miss occasionally but it has a nice punch when it does hit. The view range forces (me anyway) to play with Noc Nocs and I have a VR of 470 something with a 3+ skill crew.

But it’s the Camo this little freaky tank has that sets it apart. With net I get 51 Camo rating. That’s like a TD! This tank is a passive spotter. It’s fantastic at it. I know that might not be fashionable nowadays (I used to play almost exclusively passively a few years back) but the LTG can also active scout when it has to - just carefully. With all these go karts running around now that have taken active scouting to a new level - for me at least, it’s been wonderful to find a true passive scout again. It can do a lot of Alpha but it’s strength in my view is in its spotting damage.

The tank also has decent trolling turret armour. It can buy you a few extra moments to do what you need to do. It’s also really heavy for a light and ramming is def an option.

As with any tank the longer you live the greater the reward. I’m an average player but have carried teams mid / late game with this beauty on many occasions. Play to it’s strengths. Camo. If you can bare not being the top damage dealer in this tank and go for spotting damage - I think you’ll like the LTG. It’s an actual scout tank and it’s lack of speed makes me, at least, have to play it like one.

It may be just me but it’s a total all rounder and as long as you make it to mid game the tank can own.

Lanrefni #46 Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35969 battles
  • [STAYA] STAYA

One of my more favorite LT's in the game. However it can do one of the following but not both:

1.being discount MT;

2.passive spotting.

I have a 5 skill T-100 LT crew,that once used to sit in the LTG,and boy was it amazing. It pulled off antics like this

Spoiler

If you go for a MT approach,then you maximize your DPM and gun handling as much as possible,and you get what is essentially an E 25,with a turret and higher alpha. Good at ramming too.

Edited by lnfernaI, 26 March 2019 - 07:54 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

mofo911