Jump to content


What is your opinion on these suggestions for Premium Shells?

gold premium shells gold ammo premium ammo HEAT APCR

  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: What are your opinions on these suggestions? (72 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Set hard limits to how many premium shells you can carry in a tank at once?

  1. I like the idea. (38 votes [52.78%])

    Percentage of vote: 52.78%

  2. I do not like the idea. (27 votes [37.50%])

    Percentage of vote: 37.50%

  3. I don't know. (1 vote [1.39%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.39%

  4. I don't care any way. (6 votes [8.33%])

    Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Make premium shells "more realistic" in a sense (APCR loses far more pen over distance and deals reduced damage, HEAT has no significant changes in pen but doesn't lose pen over distance)?

  1. I like the idea. (23 votes [31.94%])

    Percentage of vote: 31.94%

  2. I don't like the idea. (31 votes [43.06%])

    Percentage of vote: 43.06%

  3. I don't know. (7 votes [9.72%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.72%

  4. I don't care any way. (11 votes [15.28%])

    Percentage of vote: 15.28%

Increase the price of premium shells?

  1. I like the idea. (11 votes [15.28%])

    Percentage of vote: 15.28%

  2. I don't like the idea. (51 votes [70.83%])

    Percentage of vote: 70.83%

  3. I don't know. (3 votes [4.17%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.17%

  4. I don't care any way. (7 votes [9.72%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.72%

Remove premium shells all together?

  1. I like the idea. (18 votes [25.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 25.00%

  2. I don't like the idea. (47 votes [65.28%])

    Percentage of vote: 65.28%

  3. I don't know. (3 votes [4.17%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.17%

  4. I don't care any way. (4 votes [5.56%])

    Percentage of vote: 5.56%

Reduce the current penetration values of premium shells?

  1. I like the idea. (20 votes [27.78%])

    Percentage of vote: 27.78%

  2. I don't like the idea. (46 votes [63.89%])

    Percentage of vote: 63.89%

  3. I don't know. (3 votes [4.17%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.17%

  4. I don't care any way. (3 votes [4.17%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.17%

Vote Hide poll

HundeWurst #21 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 75365 battles
  • 4,623
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

A hardcap for premium shells does not make any sense. If you dont cap it to 2 or even 3 shells it would be pointless.

 

Heavily armored tanks would still get shot by premium shells 24/7, however maybe people would switch different ammo types a bit faster to not waste the premium shells they are allowed to carry.

Nothing would change for heavy armor.

The second idea doesnt make sense either. It would make HEAT OP and APCR pointless. The current premium ammo is designed to have higher penetration regardless of situation for the most parts.

Higher price tag? So even more pay to win aspects. No thank you. And rest assure I could afford premium shell spam even if they would double the current prices. Another pointless idea.

Remove them? No but rework them propperly!

Lowering the current penetration value value defeats the purpose of the shells. Nobody would use them any more, that basically equals the removal - yet again pointless.

 

So what has or could be done:

FIRST: Propper balancing. Type 5 Maus, all all these tanks would need to get propper weakspots back. Their design is for the most parts stupid. They need to be reworked entirely.

SECOND: Less RNG. If I would be certain to penetrate my standard shells due to my aiming (better aiming RNG) and reduced penetration RNG I would stick to standard shells way more often. However once you become a good player you wont like to gamble any more and more and more gold shells will be used to avoid the stupidly high layer of RNG.

THIRD: Rework premium ammo - 4 different shells: standard shell: decent penetration and damage, high pen shells: better penetration but lower damage, high damage shells: high damage but low penetration and finally HE shells (they however cant penetrate anything any more).

In return equal all shell costs.

 

Less pay to win and more freedom. Is that going to happen at some point? No highly unlikely. Premium shells make Wargaming a lot of money, and Wargaming loves money, they really do! So they wont do anything which might be beneficial in the longrun but might cut their profits short till midterm.



Eddlicious #22 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:32 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16194 battles
  • 114
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG
  • Member since:
    07-02-2013

View Postarmandio, on 11 May 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

Dont touch gold ammo.:angry:

U want pixel hunting like AW?!?

U want World of Unpenetration?!?

Close your topic.

No one wants enemy tanks to be unpennable. Premium shells have a mandatory place in World of Tanks for this reason and many others, yes. What I don't think they have, is a place in the way they are currently represented in WoT. In other words - I don't think it's right that you can load a full loadout of premium shells and get an instant edge in battle, just because you had the money to buy those shells).

 

And the topic won't be closed.

 

 

A bit off-topic: If you ask me: You don't need premium shells to pen enemy tanks in this game. You're talking to a guy who got 1600 battles in an AMX CDC (pre-9.18 matchmaking revamp), with a 70/5/15 loadout (AP/APCR/HE) and 56% winrate on the vehicle. I'd get tossed into matches with up to 10 Tier X vehicles in play, and I would perform just fine. AP shells on AMX CDC have 212 average pen.

 

View PostAliceUnchained, on 11 May 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

 

Perhaps. But they don't exist in WoT. And this is where my interest in this thread ends. Saw the Poll options, and it's the same rehashed garbage we've seen a kazillion times before... The only 'spam' there is actually, is the creation of these kind of threads...

 

 

And this is just hilarious, coming from the person suggesting general changes across the board as if premium rounds are the same on each Tier. I would suggest you look at the bigger picture, and understand how changes would effect vehicles on each Tier and how it would fit with the +/-2 Tier MM.

 

 

What's even more curious is that the round is listed as APC, or Armor Piercing Capped, and thus isn't APCR all. Not to mention the 20-pounder never fired APCR, but APDS actually. And the standard APCBC wasn't standard at all. Typical Wargaming; utter lack of accuracy, and consistency.

 

Well, gold shells is a term that everyone is familiar with. They aren't "gold shells" anymore, per say, but most know what is implied with it. It is sadly quite a lot of rehashing, reposting and everything else unwanted... But in a vast majority of threads, the OP doesn't bother keeping the conversation on, doesn't include a poll of any sorts and in worst cases, is nothing but outright whining about things (rather than trying to discuss it, hear other people's opinions out) - so these threads die out very fast, as they're made in a "post and forget" fashion with little to no talk getting done.

I wanna hear what other people have to say about the subject, get some conversation going on and after the talking naturally dies out as there is no more things to discuss, look over what has been said and post one big summary of the most common points brought up by people, for everyone else to see.

 

I think there is room for changes to be made for premium shells with the new matchmaker. You cannot meet more than 3 tanks that are 2 tiers higher than you anymore, and no more than 5 tanks that are 1 tier higher than you. It is no longer a valid argument to go and say "but there are so many tanks higher tier than I am", because of the aforementioned.

 

Also, I didn't even notice that the shell type on the Type B 20pdr was listed as "Armor Piercing Capped". On the T110E3's 155mm gun however, it's APCR (the one where there is no difference between penetration drops).


Edited by Eddlicious, 11 May 2017 - 06:32 PM.


Eddlicious #23 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:41 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16194 battles
  • 114
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG
  • Member since:
    07-02-2013

View Postantoine130, on 11 May 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

 

Well E4 is an exception by the looks of it. I was grinding tier 4 german meds last week, and one of the 50mm guns, i think the one that Luchs shares with those Pz IVs and VKs, with 67 AP pen and 130 APCR? 

Well, that gun has 130 pen APCR that drops to around 60-70 pen at 500 meters, so we are generally not talking 1mm-5mm differences.

The more I look into it, the more it becomes apparent that the differences between AP's and APCR's damage drop offs are nothing but a mess - there is no consistency, whatsoever. Look at the T29 and WT auf. Pz. IV for an example:

 

 

AP loses 23mm of penetration up to 500m. APCR loses 26mm of penetration up to 500m.

 

 

AP loses 16mm of penetration up to 500m. APCR loses 57mm of penetration up to 500m.

 

 

There is no consistency at all between the APCR shells of different tiers. They all just seem to have their very own penetration drop offs. I urge you to research the tanks you have that have an AP/APCR/HE loadout, and see for yourself what the penetration drop off values are like, since my garage is a bit limited.

View PostWundeWurst, on 11 May 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

A hardcap for premium shells does not make any sense. If you dont cap it to 2 or even 3 shells it would be pointless.

 

Heavily armored tanks would still get shot by premium shells 24/7, however maybe people would switch different ammo types a bit faster to not waste the premium shells they are allowed to carry.

Nothing would change for heavy armor.

The second idea doesnt make sense either. It would make HEAT OP and APCR pointless. The current premium ammo is designed to have higher penetration regardless of situation for the most parts.

Higher price tag? So even more pay to win aspects. No thank you. And rest assure I could afford premium shell spam even if they would double the current prices. Another pointless idea.

Remove them? No but rework them propperly!

Lowering the current penetration value value defeats the purpose of the shells. Nobody would use them any more, that basically equals the removal - yet again pointless.

 

So what has or could be done:

FIRST: Propper balancing. Type 5 Maus, all all these tanks would need to get propper weakspots back. Their design is for the most parts stupid. They need to be reworked entirely.

SECOND: Less RNG. If I would be certain to penetrate my standard shells due to my aiming (better aiming RNG) and reduced penetration RNG I would stick to standard shells way more often. However once you become a good player you wont like to gamble any more and more and more gold shells will be used to avoid the stupidly high layer of RNG.

THIRD: Rework premium ammo - 4 different shells: standard shell: decent penetration and damage, high pen shells: better penetration but lower damage, high damage shells: high damage but low penetration and finally HE shells (they however cant penetrate anything any more).

In return equal all shell costs.

 

Less pay to win and more freedom. Is that going to happen at some point? No highly unlikely. Premium shells make Wargaming a lot of money, and Wargaming loves money, they really do! So they wont do anything which might be beneficial in the longrun but might cut their profits short till midterm.

 

First: I agree on that. Type 5 and Maus were overbuffed and became too strong as a result. They no longer have weakspots (even my T110E3 with 298mm pen struggles to pen Type 5's cupola).

 

Second: RNG is a part of the game I think should stay, as it adds that level of randomness that I think is welcome - makes matches less predictable, whilst still letting you play the game rather than let the game play you. Premium shells right now take away that randomness for most parts. Unless you're driving a T110E3 like I am, premium shells will more than likely go through your armor if it hits a flat spot - why aim for weakspots when you can just load premium shells and puncture through the enemy tank's heaviest piece of armor, am I right? It shouldn't be like that.

 

Third: That is an interesting idea. Does anyone else have thoughts on WunderWurst's suggestion for premium shells?

 

 

And finally - yes, it is a sad truth Wargaming appears to be putting more focus on the business side of things rather than the game. They should know that if they screw up, something drastic could happen - For Honor was recently boycotted due to the playerbase's general disapproval of some gameplay critical things, its average playercount dropping from around 20k down to 3k within a week. It has stayed like that ever since.

 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the subject, WunderWurst. ^-^



ZlatanArKung #24 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1537 battles
  • 5,309
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostGixxer66, on 11 May 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

 

IS6 meets T9 - yeah thats an issue with 217 APCR pen

SU122-44 meets T9 not an issue with 217 APCR pen

 

News for you if you don't pen your DPM is zero

 

I don't understand the logic, it's not about the lowest tier they can meet but the top Tier they meet.

 

Edit - Amplified by the fact the T8 PMM Chinese tanks get 250mm Premium ammo pen

 

 

With current MM SU-122-44 can make sure it only meet T7, where 219 is enough.

 

Same 219 is not enough on T8 if you are unlucky and meet many Defenders.



lonigus #25 Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:09 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 33481 battles
  • 8,045
  • [T-ESA] T-ESA
  • Member since:
    09-26-2011

View PostEddlicious, on 10 May 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

Everyone knows what "gold shells" are. They're a secondary type of (mostly) armor piercing shells with massive penetration values (and sometimes increased damage on the premium HE(SH) variants).

 

Personal opinion? Do not like them one bit in their current state. Top 25 clans and those with big fat wallets, love to spam these shells ....

 

 

 

 

 

Aaaaaand there we go again... Was bout to read it trough, but that pretty much ruined it all.

 

what I would do:

 

  • lower slightly the damage on premium ammo. The bigger the gun, the bigger the decrease.
  • remove the RNG in penetration values for standard ammo. Give the ammo FIXED pen values. 200 is going to be always 200. Ofc depending on distance which would remain. The better players do not shoot gold because they feel pleasure in it, but rather need to. Not just accuracy RNG, but also the penetration RNG that say NOPE to my perfectly aimed shot at the E100 lower plate.
  • give the super heavies back the weakspots. Why would I risk bouncing a shot at a Type 5 heavy while he can just derp me for 500 dmg shooting under my tank. Even a 260  AP pen gun has a 50/50 chance of bouncing on Maus or Type 5. Now what option have lower tier tanks other then shoot premium ammo to have atleast a chance to pen. And   yeah, yeah... Flank the slow heavies, but World of Corridor maps says something else... Everyone who faced a Maus or Type 5 heavy commando in Clan Wars can relate.

 


Edited by lonigus, 12 May 2017 - 08:19 AM.


Geno1isme #26 Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 47471 battles
  • 10,219
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

Lets see:

"Set hard limits to how many premium shells you can carry in a tank at once?"

- doesn't work at all: tanks differ way too much in ammo rack capacities, alpha damage and standard/premium ammo effectiveness, so any such limit would be a massive nerf to certain tanks while other tanks would be more or less unaffected (think T54 Mod1 vs. ISU). Doesn't matter wether you use an absolute or relative limit.

 

"Make premium shells "more realistic" in a sense (APCR loses far more pen over distance and deals reduced damage, HEAT has no significant changes in pen but doesn't lose pen over distance)?"

- Debatable, not a big fan though with the Sandbox V1 experience.

 

"Increase the price of premium shells?"

- Because balancing by price works so great already? More power to wallet warriors?

 

"Remove premium shells all together?"

- Not without a massive rebalancing of quite a few tanks (both armor and penetration values). Also how would you compensate the income loss for WG?

 

"Reduce the current penetration values of premium shells?"

- To what? On some tanks the penetration gain is already marginal, others get 50% or more compared to their (admittedly substandard) regular rounds, and yet other tanks have higher standard pen than other tanks get with premium ammo. Like the 217mm APCR rounds used on some T7 or T8 russian tanks that already struggle against certain T8 heavies, and then you have 286 or 288mm regular penetration on the ISU or UDES, and even some T8 meds get over 220mm pen with their standard rounds. So again, massive rebalancing needed to handle that in a remotely sane fashion.

 

 

The question is what exact problems do you actually want to solve? If you want to hurt people that spam premium ammo for no real reason while keeping it as an option for when you're facing well-armored opponents there is one simple and easy to implement option: Reduce alpha damage by a noticable, but not too high margin (about 15-25%, could also be proportional to penetration value/gain and/or differ per ammo type). Might still need some fine-tuning for individual tanks that kind of rely on premium ammo esp. with the new fail-MM (KV-5, IS-6 and so on), but for the most part its a no-brainer for WG to implement it.


Edited by Geno1isme, 12 May 2017 - 09:59 AM.


AliceUnchained #27 Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 39029 battles
  • 9,502
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostEddlicious, on 11 May 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

Well, gold shells is a term that everyone is familiar with. They aren't "gold shells" anymore, per say, but most know what is implied with it. It is sadly quite a lot of rehashing, reposting and everything else unwanted... But in a vast majority of threads, the OP doesn't bother keeping the conversation on, doesn't include a poll of any sorts and in worst cases, is nothing but outright whining about things (rather than trying to discuss it, hear other people's opinions out) - so these threads die out very fast, as they're made in a "post and forget" fashion with little to no talk getting done.

I wanna hear what other people have to say about the subject, get some conversation going on and after the talking naturally dies out as there is no more things to discuss, look over what has been said and post one big summary of the most common points brought up by people, for everyone else to see.

 

I think there is room for changes to be made for premium shells with the new matchmaker. You cannot meet more than 3 tanks that are 2 tiers higher than you anymore, and no more than 5 tanks that are 1 tier higher than you. It is no longer a valid argument to go and say "but there are so many tanks higher tier than I am", because of the aforementioned.

 

Also, I didn't even notice that the shell type on the Type B 20pdr was listed as "Armor Piercing Capped". On the T110E3's 155mm gun however, it's APCR (the one where there is no difference between penetration drops).

 

They aren't gold shells, period. Practically all polls are poorly constructed, including yours.

 

And if you actually wanted to have a decent discussion, why then stick to the same routine as all the others? Why not forgo judgemental and subjective nonsense like this:

 

View PostEddlicious, on 10 May 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

Personal opinion? Do not like them one bit in their current state. Top 25 clans and those with big fat wallets, love to spam these shells - taking skill and need to learn how to play away from the game, as majority of these premium shells work in an almost "fire and forget" fashion. Clan players get their shells through passive gold gained from clan wars and those with more money than others just buy silver/gold from the premium shop, to spend on premium shells.

 

Do you actually have any data to support this claim? If course you don't. The whole 'it requires no skill and knowledge' aspect it getting old as well. It's false, incorrect. Same with the 'almost fire and forget' claim. How does a 237 mm penetration APCR round at Tier VIII/IX equal (almost) fire and forget? Or 265 mm at Tier IX? The majority isn't fire and forget, not by a long shot. Many premium rounds still require aiming for weak(er) spots, and all they will do is reduce the RNG aspect and increase chances of penetration. Furthermore, I strongly doubt Clan members will use gold to acquire premium rounds. So keep your speculations to yourself, especially when you seem to understand very little what it is you're talking about.

 

Get rid of the nonsense, the subjectivity, the unfounded, baseless claims, accusations almost, and perhaps there can be a decent discussion. But when you start with the above quoted bull feces, you're just like all the others with their pointless 'gold cry' threads. Even when the writing is a lot better, the contents are exactly the same kind of nonsense.

 

View PostEddlicious, on 12 May 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

Third: That is an interesting idea. Does anyone else have thoughts on WunderWurst's suggestion for premium shells?

 

This has been suggestion a hundred times over already, including by me. Yes, ditching the premium concept would be great. Having different tactical options would be an improvement to the game. But it's unlikely to happen if premium ammo credit sink is a money maker for Wargaming.

 


Edited by AliceUnchained, 12 May 2017 - 10:38 AM.


Eddlicious #28 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:00 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16194 battles
  • 114
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG
  • Member since:
    07-02-2013

View PostAliceUnchained, on 12 May 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

 

They aren't gold shells, period. Practically all polls are poorly constructed, including yours.

 

And if you actually wanted to have a decent discussion, why then stick to the same routine as all the others? Why not forgo judgemental and subjective nonsense like this:

 

 

Do you actually have any data to support this claim? If course you don't. The whole 'it requires no skill and knowledge' aspect it getting old as well. It's false, incorrect. Same with the 'almost fire and forget' claim. How does a 237 mm penetration APCR round at Tier VIII/IX equal (almost) fire and forget? Or 265 mm at Tier IX? The majority isn't fire and forget, not by a long shot. Many premium rounds still require aiming for weak(er) spots, and all they will do is reduce the RNG aspect and increase chances of penetration. Furthermore, I strongly doubt Clan members will use gold to acquire premium rounds. So keep your speculations to yourself, especially when you seem to understand very little what it is you're talking about.

 

Get rid of the nonsense, the subjectivity, the unfounded, baseless claims, accusations almost, and perhaps there can be a decent discussion. But when you start with the above quoted bull feces, you're just like all the others with their pointless 'gold cry' threads. Even when the writing is a lot better, the contents are exactly the same kind of nonsense.

 

 

This has been suggestion a hundred times over already, including by me. Yes, ditching the premium concept would be great. Having different tactical options would be an improvement to the game. But it's unlikely to happen if premium ammo credit sink is a money maker for Wargaming.

 

 

I already stated it myself - I only used the wording "gold shells", because everyone is familiar with it, not because you have to spend gold to purchase them. I don't see why you are trying to make a big deal out of two words put together.

 

It's almost impossible for a regular player like me to gather data alone from thousands of players, in order to put together a list of statistics to show. I hardly doubt Wargaming would care enough to disclose any data they might have on ammo types used on average and by whom. Majority of Tier IX vehicles have +300mm penetration with their respective premium shells, which allows for you to just dump shots in to the enemy through their strongest armor points. Look at the E 75 for an instance: 260mm-300mm effective upper front plate - all you need to do is dab the [2] key and you can spam shells through it with ease if you're Tier IX or higher. It takes away a lot of skill that'd otherwise be required to perform successfully in-game, if you can just pay a little bit more for better shells that let you puncture through armor like hot knife to a butter.

 

Something has to change. The right change definitely isn't buffing tanks to combat premium shells better (such as WG did with Maus and Type 5 Heavy).



thestaggy #29 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:40 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17114 battles
  • 2,101
  • Member since:
    04-24-2015

More pen, less damage. That is all that needs to be done.

 

The SU-100Y is a perfect example but it just goes the other way. Its premium shell has less pen but more damage.


Edited by thestaggy, 12 May 2017 - 11:41 AM.


AliceUnchained #30 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 39029 battles
  • 9,502
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostEddlicious, on 12 May 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

 

I already stated it myself - I only used the wording "gold shells", because everyone is familiar with it, not because you have to spend gold to purchase them. I don't see why you are trying to make a big deal out of two words put together.

 

It's almost impossible for a regular player like me to gather data alone from thousands of players, in order to put together a list of statistics to show. I hardly doubt Wargaming would care enough to disclose any data they might have on ammo types used on average and by whom. Majority of Tier IX vehicles have +300mm penetration with their respective premium shells, which allows for you to just dump shots in to the enemy through their strongest armor points. Look at the E 75 for an instance: 260mm-300mm effective upper front plate - all you need to do is dab the [2] key and you can spam shells through it with ease if you're Tier IX or higher. It takes away a lot of skill that'd otherwise be required to perform successfully in-game, if you can just pay a little bit more for better shells that let you puncture through armor like hot knife to a butter.

 

Something has to change. The right change definitely isn't buffing tanks to combat premium shells better (such as WG did with Maus and Type 5 Heavy).

 

Using this incorrect term to describe premium ammo merely shows an inability or unwillingness to adapt, to accept change. It suggests a certain predisposition (and your next words actually confirm that). Everyone will, or at least should, understand the expression 'premium ammo'.

 

I am aware of the difficulties. My point is you shouldn't make claims you can't support with evidence. Your feelings don't count. I can name several Tier IX which do not have that 300+ mm penetration with premium rounds, but even so your example would merely show that there is an issue with a certain subset of premium rounds at high(er) Tiers. Yet previously you were talking about premium ammo in general, as if it's same across all Tiers. Which is the typical, and wrong, approach with all your predecessors as well. 

 

And you will only be able to penetrate that E-75 with ease if it doesn't angle. In which case any penetration is well deserved. The problem then as always isn't premium ammo, but the heavy tank player.

 

View Postthestaggy, on 12 May 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

More pen, less damage. That is all that needs to be done.

 

The SU-100Y is a perfect example but it just goes the other way. Its premium shell has less pen but more damage.

 

So... The perfect example is a vehicle which doesn't actually get more penetration with less damage? Your idea of 'perfect' seems to be a tad off....

 

 


Edited by AliceUnchained, 12 May 2017 - 11:43 AM.


thestaggy #31 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:50 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17114 battles
  • 2,101
  • Member since:
    04-24-2015

View PostAliceUnchained, on 12 May 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

So... The perfect example is a vehicle which doesn't actually get more penetration with less damage? Your idea of 'perfect' seems to be a tad off....

 

Block Quote

The SU-100Y is a perfect example but it just goes the other way

 

I'm using the SU-100Y's ammo selection as an example.

 

By ''it goes the other way'' I meant the SU-100Y gives up pen for more damage. Every other tank, as they currently are, should ''go the other way'' and give up damage for more pen thus having their ammo selection balanced like the SU-100Y's is.

 


Edited by thestaggy, 12 May 2017 - 11:51 AM.


AliceUnchained #32 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 39029 battles
  • 9,502
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Postthestaggy, on 12 May 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

I'm using the SU-100Y's ammo selection as an example.

 

By ''it goes the other way'' I meant the SU-100Y gives up pen for more damage. Every other tank, as they currently are, should ''go the other way'' and give up damage for more pen thus having their ammo selection balanced like the SU-100Y's is.

 

Yes, as a 'perfect' example of more penetration, less damage when the SU-100Y has a premium round with less penetration and more damage. Makes perfect sense...

 

And I understand what you mean with 'goes the other way'. Doesn't change the fact that stating the SU-100Y is a perfect example makes little to no sense.



Search_Warrant #33 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 28596 battles
  • 6,435
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
Oh joy, this again.. Gold shells on some tanks are 100% needed. they die without being able to press "2". while some tanks just press 2 to autopen other tanks without aiming. tanks penetration needs a whole rebalance to make gold shells balanced. WG made Spershing balanced around gold shells (and they say they dont balance tanks around gold shells?! bunch of liers!) imagine how worthless Spershing would have been pre-buff with AP shells? literally cannot hurt any tier 8 reliably. press 2? can pen tier 10 fronts. thats just the broken extremes of tank penetrations.





Also tagged with gold, premium shells, gold ammo, premium ammo, HEAT, APCR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users