Website login "Problems"

login website

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BoPe86 #1 Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18211 battles

Hello. This is not a problem but rather an annoyance.

I login to my account on WOT eu website (in order to get something from the premium shop). I put my username and password, check "remember me" but after couple of weeks, when i go to the website, i have to login again regardless "Remember me". Why?

I mean, i suppose it's a "security feature" but i really don't care, i don't have anything to lose there and if someone gets his hands on my PC access to WOT account would be the least of my worries :) I would prefer staying logged in indefinitely (just like i am with my mail and FB accounts). How can i achieve that? Seems like both "Remember me" and "Chrome saved passwords" aren't enough.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #2 Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostBoPe86, on 13 May 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

Hello. This is not a problem but rather an annoyance.

I login to my account on WOT eu website (in order to get something from the premium shop). I put my username and password, check "remember me" but after couple of weeks, when i go to the website, i have to login again regardless "Remember me". Why?

I mean, i suppose it's a "security feature" but i really don't care, i don't have anything to lose there and if someone gets his hands on my PC access to WOT account would be the least of my worries :) I would prefer staying logged in indefinitely (just like i am with my mail and FB accounts). How can i achieve that? Seems like both "Remember me" and "Chrome saved passwords" aren't enough.

WG has memory loss (without going into countless numbers of examples...)

Homer_J #3 Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27485 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBoPe86, on 13 May 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

I mean, i suppose it's a "security feature" but i really don't care,

You might not care but others do and WG are doing the right thing trying to protect you and themselves from your complacency.

BoPe86 #4 Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18211 battles
Well, i understand there are people that would complain, but adding a simple "remember forever" option for people not really concerned for their account wouldn't be so hard (talking as a developer). I just wasn't sure if such option exists. To be honest, if someone goes to my account worst they can do is remove it (or, maybe that requires password retype?). They can't take my money or something very important to me so i just wanted to check if there is a way to prevent "forced" logouts every X days because i'm willing to trade a bit of risk for a bit of comfort :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users