ELC AMX bis - PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PROPOSAL!

ELC AMD bis Rework Proposal

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Poll: ELC AMX bis - CHANGES (73 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

What to do about ELC

1. Upgrade to Tier 6 with old stats (24 votes [32.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.88%

2. Just upgrade ingine and leave Tier 5 (16 votes [21.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.92%

3. Leave the ELC where it is now (33 votes [45.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.21%

Vote Hide poll

Potato_Power #81 Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5385 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

View Posttajj7, on 17 May 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

It's not harder to play, it's easier to play because it has more forgiving MM than it had previously.

ELC is performing better statistically than it used to according to WOTnews, the recent WR curve is higher than the all time WR curve.

But it's also about all tier 5 lights, so you'll be able to stat pad pretty much in any tier 5 light, doesn't really matter which. Not to mention IMO any experienced player playing tier 5, if they have a decent crew, is essentially stats padding. 

Well here we go finaly someone admiting its OP now :D

I seriously dont like that they made the tank a brainless winning machine :(

tajj7 #82 Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27762 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostPotato_Power, on 17 May 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

Well here we go finaly someone admiting its OP now :D

I'm not saying it's OP.

But it's very far from the state many on here are trying to claim and certainly needs no buffs.  IMO they should have removed the 90mm if they were fixed on it being a tier 5, a 240 alpha gun on a light tank at tier 5 doesn't seem very balanced to me, one shoting tier 4 tanks. 

DracheimFlug #83 Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9984 battles

View Posttajj7, on 17 May 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

It's not harder to play, it's easier to play because it has more forgiving MM than it had previously.

ELC is performing better statistically than it used to according to WOTnews, the recent WR curve is higher than the all time WR curve.

But it's also about all tier 5 lights, so you'll be able to stat pad pretty much in any tier 5 light, doesn't really matter which. Not to mention IMO any experienced player playing tier 5, if they have a decent crew, is essentially stats padding. 

I stand corrected then. Personally I find the mobility too sluggish now. It lost 28% of its engine power. More forgiving MM means it more often fires on lower tier (and thus lower value) tanks. Not sure I'd call that more forgiving.... 

Potato_Power #84 Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5385 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

View Posttajj7, on 17 May 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

I'm not saying it's OP.

But it's very far from the state many on here are trying to claim and certainly needs no buffs.  IMO they should have removed the 90mm if they were fixed on it being a tier 5, a 240 alpha gun on a light tank at tier 5 doesn't seem very balanced to me, one shoting tier 4 tanks. 

Well i call anything OP where you get easy wins :D

Dunno what you call OP

tajj7 #85 Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27762 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDracheimFlug, on 17 May 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

I stand corrected then. Personally I find the mobility too sluggish now. It lost 28% of its engine power. More forgiving MM means it more often fires on lower tier (and thus lower value) tanks. Not sure I'd call that more forgiving.... 

Lower tier targets are less XP rewarding targets, but they are easier targets to deal with thus more forgiving. 

View PostPotato_Power, on 17 May 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Dunno what you call OP

A tank that significantly boosts most players performance. 

Like the Maus currently. 

Potato_Power #86 Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5385 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

View Posttajj7, on 17 May 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

Like the Maus currently. 

Well then.. :D lets just say its a mutch better tank now atleast :D (Easy to lurn Hard to master) but still after basics are done you will start to make monney (i think)

DracheimFlug #87 Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9984 battles

View Posttajj7, on 17 May 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

Lower tier targets are less XP rewarding targets, but they are easier targets to deal with thus more forgiving. 

And the mobility changes? 

tajj7 #88 Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27762 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDracheimFlug, on 17 May 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

And the mobility changes? 

It not being able to rush off to it's death as quickly probably does make it more forgiving for most players.

But losing hp/ton is like the Maus losing some hit points, doesn't have a huge impact when you have so much. It still has 28 hp/ton, which is the second highest of any tier 5 tank. The ground resistances are a bit crap yes, but still some of the tier 5 lights have like 6-8 less hp/ton in comparison.

It's also the 4th fastest of any tier 5 tank. 

Which means it is still very mobile compared to other tier 5 tanks. People need to stop comparing it to it's old self, the old ELC was balanced to fight tier 9 tanks originally, the new one at worse sees 3 tier 7 tanks. 

r00barb #89 Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27523 battles

View PostPotato_Power, on 17 May 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

First of all i reported you ...

Do you report everyone who doesn't agree with you? Should I report you for calling me stupid?

... second of all you sound like a proud guy who doesent even try to understand anything but spits at people who dont share their opinion,

Look in a mirror.

"Or its a simple cop-out when poeple cant defend their argument"

Are you serious? is that seriously your defense? will you tell something similar to anibody who said "its your mistake"?

What am I supposed to be defending? I made a point with supporting arguments and you've thrown your toys out of the pram. "Defense" ... pfft. :child:

please do not chat here anymore you are freaking anoyng, and to be clear... if the tank has types of weaknesses and strong parts what are strong against noob player the tank IS OP no matter what you say.. OP is not always in stats clear... and you think srsly small... you dont look at the big picture and you still think you are smart... wow

I shouldn't chat here any more because you can't defend your point against a logical argument. Says it all. :rolleyes:

Potato_Power #90 Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5385 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

View Posttajj7, on 17 May 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

Like the Maus currently. 

The main reason i want ELC tier 6 is because you can play Clan battles with ELC AMX

and the second reason is to get the adrenalim back of the risky battles you take with the ELC

DracheimFlug #91 Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9984 battles

View Posttajj7, on 17 May 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

It not being able to rush off to it's death as quickly probably does make it more forgiving for most players.

But losing hp/ton is like the Maus losing some hit points, doesn't have a huge impact when you have so much. It still has 28 hp/ton, which is the second highest of any tier 5 tank. The ground resistances are a bit crap yes, but still some of the tier 5 lights have like 6-8 less hp/ton in comparison.

It's also the 4th fastest of any tier 5 tank. 

Which means it is still very mobile compared to other tier 5 tanks. People need to stop comparing it to it's old self, the old ELC was balanced to fight tier 9 tanks originally, the new one at worse sees 3 tier 7 tanks. 

It is not a matter of not being able to get into combat that I struggle with, but rather one of getting out of a bad situation or to keep the 90 in play in combat. Perhaps I should give the 75 another try.

lafeel #92 Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4964 battles
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE

View PostDracheimFlug, on 17 May 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

It is not a matter of not being able to get into combat that I struggle with, but rather one of getting out of a bad situation or to keep the 90 in play in combat. Perhaps I should give the 75 another try.

You should. It makes the ELC a heck of a lot more flexible, which is no bad thing.

r00barb #93 Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27523 battles
First battle in the ELC with 75mm after 9.18 ...

It's good but it's really just another tier 5 light tank. Crew have BiA, camo, sixth sense and smooth ride. That results page (in the spoiler) is also the last game I played in the ELC since 9.18. It's not as much fun any more.

Potato_Power #94 Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5385 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

View PostDracheimFlug, on 17 May 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

the 90mm needs to be used at max range when you are sure enemy wont detect you (if you play correctly)

Or shoot when you are sure just one enemy can strike back and its the enemy you attack (but you attack so that you peek shoot go back or drive past the ridge shoot mid driving and get back to your map side)

ELC maps where hes gun is effective are "Cliff, Fiery Salient, Fjords, High Way, Karelia, Malinovka, Mountain Pass, Murovanka, Prokhorovka, Red Shire, Serene Coast, Swamp, Tundra, Westfield, Widepark, Erlenberg, Air Field, El Halluf, Sand River" well now that i look there are alot :D

ELC maps where he can spot realy well where he is not alowed to shoot are "Cliff, Fiery Salient, Fishermans Bay, Highway, Lakevile, Live Oaks, Malinovka, Mountain Pass, Murovanka, Prokhorovka, Redshire, Sirene Coast, Steppes, Swamp, Westfield, Elenberg, Windstorm, Airfield, El Halluf."

Elc can use a wide open area as hes bush, he sits in the middle and the 50% cammo is seriously awesome, one of the funniest maps to stand in the middle is "Love Oaks" in the middle of the lake if you are the team on the right side because after spotting you just go over the lake and kill arty and flank enemies :)

Jeg_er_mig #95 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37930 battles
Iam running on 75mm gun, it slightly op if TopTier, but good luck get that....

Jeg_er_mig #96 Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37930 battles

View PostPotato_Power, on 17 May 2017 - 02:18 PM, said

Where do you get it from ????

Iam doing ok in general in WOT, not great, but ok,,, and i can tell you round after round it bottom tier and mostly on small maps ie city maps...

Got Fisherman Bay yesterday once, Since patch Highway 2-3 max ,cant even remember ever see Sandriver/Overload in it, Malinonka/Prokhorovka perhaps once..

Bu that a mean, see almost T7 games and in city/small maps it is not strong..but that just be me there is not skill enough to drive it... :hiding:

BigFellas_Dad #97 Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42480 battles
leave as is, or maybe buff the engine a little to allow it to actually play like a light tank.  3 MOE'd this little thing in a week with the final few percent with the current patch, ive not played it since as its just like a slow TD now.  For interest, use the smaller gun which allows the fully retoation turret.

Potato_Power #98 Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5385 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

View PostTHF_DK, on 18 May 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

Where do you get it from ????

Iam doing ok in general in WOT, not great, but ok,,, and i can tell you round after round it bottom tier and mostly on small maps ie city maps...

Got Fisherman Bay yesterday once, Since patch Highway 2-3 max ,cant even remember ever see Sandriver/Overload in it, Malinonka/Prokhorovka perhaps once..

Bu that a mean, see almost T7 games and in city/small maps it is not strong..but that just be me there is not skill enough to drive it... :hiding:

Wel light tanks will never be good on city maps, and i guess its becasue im expirienced with ELC and i have a good crew

Pleashca #99 Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26819 battles
Many butthurt shitheads in this game. If it ain't russian - nerf it. That's unfortunately how it is.

topopski #100 Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17632 battles
After a break from the game ive recently come back and played again the Elc is only the same tank in name,massive shame because it was such a joy and probably my favourite light tank but hey ho thats wargaming they wont change it back.It was as i said a joy to drive and even a joy to occasionally one shot it,especially when you managed to hit one when it was going flat out hehe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users