Weak spots - mod

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

__rd #1 Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5165 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

Hey,  I want to learn if there are any mods for showing enemy tanks weak spots. And if it's legal to use? 

misterslate #2 Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9962 battles
Probably not legal.

TheMarketGardener #3 Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:42 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17214 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
As in clown mods? Don't really think they're illegal, but they're not really useful unless you always have a clear view on your target. Imo it's better to browse the collision models of tanks on Tanks.gg to learn weakspots

HeathLedger_ #4 Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 250 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Tanks.gg is a less grey area method of finding out where to fire and more precise as well. 

Pretty sure that hitzone skins might be a no-go under fair play and almost certain about the armor calculator on reticle mod being illegal. 

misterslate #5 Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9962 battles

As far as I am aware hit skins are OK, it's just the glass skins that appeared a few years ago that are totally illegal.

Hyster #6 Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26194 battles
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K

hit skins are legal, its the glass skins that are not.

the hit skins give the general location of the crew and modules, there useful for newbies that have no idea where to shoot.

for more experienced player they at enot much use as they are not accurate enough.

Gremlin182 #7 Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39444 battles

Plenty of legal ways of finding out.

There are guides to the weak spots on many tanks and after a while you notice most weak spots are common to a load of tanks.

You can have your gun reticle change colour to show penetration chance that pretty much shows the weak spots  just go to settings in the game.

There are gunsight mods that can make it more obvious they should be legal.

If its ok for the center cross to show green or red why not the entire sight .

So far as I remember the illegal bit of these mods was showing crew positions something about a transparency mod where you saw the crew.

The mods that colour in areas as weak spots might be ok they are certainly a part of many modpacks Ive seen one that's all bright colours and looks horrible and one that's mostly grey and white and looks a little less horrible.

Otherwise its cupola MG ports Hatches and Lower glacis plate from the front though not every cupola or mg port is actually modeled just most of them and not every hatch is a weak spot

__rd #8 Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5165 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

View PostGremlin182, on 20 May 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

Plenty of legal ways of finding out.

There are guides to the weak spots on many tanks and after a while you notice most weak spots are common to a load of tanks.

You can have your gun reticle change colour to show penetration chance that pretty much shows the weak spots  just go to settings in the game.

There are gunsight mods that can make it more obvious they should be legal.

If its ok for the center cross to show green or red why not the entire sight .

So far as I remember the illegal bit of these mods was showing crew positions something about a transparency mod where you saw the crew.

The mods that colour in areas as weak spots might be ok they are certainly a part of many modpacks Ive seen one that's all bright colours and looks horrible and one that's mostly grey and white and looks a little less horrible.

Otherwise its cupola MG ports Hatches and Lower glacis plate from the front though not every cupola or mg port is actually modeled just most of them and not every hatch is a weak spot

Thank you. I've decided to not using mods.

I'll alt-tab in game... Boring but okay for me.

Thanks again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users