Jump to content


WG going batshit with copyright threats?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
2808 replies to this topic

Mike_Mckay #2801 Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:28 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9287 battles
  • 698
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015

View PostBauggu, on 21 May 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

Chrysler K GF Winrate 55.86% Damage Blocked 50.33% Damage dealt 1275.85 Experience earned 465.90 

OP ?

 

​The figures would actually be MUCH higher than that if I didn't have one :)


​As for the talk about "slandering", as I can see it Foch didn't slander anyone as what he said was factual. The WAY he said it would be objectional to some which is the only valid complaint. But, as he is classed as a "community contributor" whether that is an issue or not would depend on the "community". As such, some people might not like the obscenities, others wont really give a crap. So as with TV programming nobody "forces" you to watch stuff you don't like, so Foch is there for people who don't care about it and the more reserved bobble heads are there for others such as QB and jingles etc. 

​I personally enjoy most of the CCs including Foch and think removing his CC status over this was too much. At the most he should have got a warning "if" it was really the language that was the issue and not because he might impact sales and support for the game because of being honest about the tank. Because if something is crap, or the direction of the game is abhorrent that's something a CC SHOULD tell people and not claim everything is super duper fabulous when its really a horse manure sandwich

Browarszky #2802 Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13021 battles
  • 1,620
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostMike_Mckay, on 01 June 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

 

​The figures would actually be MUCH higher than that if I didn't have one :)


​As for the talk about "slandering", as I can see it Foch didn't slander anyone as what he said was factual. The WAY he said it would be objectional to some which is the only valid complaint. But, as he is classed as a "community contributor" whether that is an issue or not would depend on the "community". As such, some people might not like the obscenities, others wont really give a crap. So as with TV programming nobody "forces" you to watch stuff you don't like, so Foch is there for people who don't care about it and the more reserved bobble heads are there for others such as QB and jingles etc. 

​I personally enjoy most of the CCs including Foch and think removing his CC status over this was too much. At the most he should have got a warning "if" it was really the language that was the issue and not because he might impact sales and support for the game because of being honest about the tank. Because if something is crap, or the direction of the game is abhorrent that's something a CC SHOULD tell people and not claim everything is super duper fabulous when its really a horse manure sandwich

 

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure if there is one around who knows libel laws they can tell us if even theoretically cursing someone constitutes slander or not.

Shuddnobetta #2803 Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:43 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8027 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View PostBrowarszky, on 01 June 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

 

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure if there is one around who knows libel laws they can tell us if even theoretically cursing someone constitutes slander or not.

 

I believe, (though I may be wrong) For it to be slander it has to be (a) public... (tick) and (b) untrue......(er)....

Actually cursing and cussing at someone isn't slander as such, which is why the public order laws are in place. There is a difference between calling someone a wan(edited)er and making something up; like saying I saw him wan(edited)ing outside a school etc etc. The former statement is an insult. The latter is potentially slander depending on the victims perception of the statement and it's effect upon their life/business/reputation.


Edited by Shuddnobetta, 01 June 2017 - 12:17 PM.


Mike_Mckay #2804 Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:43 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9287 battles
  • 698
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015

View PostBrowarszky, on 01 June 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

 

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure if there is one around who knows libel laws they can tell us if even theoretically cursing someone constitutes slander or not.

 

You don't need a lawyer, libel is making a FALSE accusation which can be deemed harmful to a persons reputation.

​Everything stated was factual, accurate and therefore not libellous by definition

​Stating a fact that harms someones reputation isn't a crime and never should be in civilised society, in fact if that WAS the case then WHICH, and every consumer organisation as well as TV programs like watchdog would have all been prosecuted by now as that is EXACTLY what they do


​However, why are you using the term libel when everyone else is talking about slander?

​Libel is the written form of slander whereas slander relates to the spoken word which is what is actually being discussed?

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 01 June 2017 - 11:49 AM.


Raffy5 #2805 Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26710 battles
  • 1,977
  • Member since:
    07-09-2012
:popcorn:

Strappster #2806 Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:16 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20116 battles
  • 6,389
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015
How is this still a thing? I thought we'd moved on to demanded someone's head on a platter for changing the key bindings for auto-aim. :unsure:

jabster #2807 Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12097 battles
  • 18,625
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostStrappster, on 01 June 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

How is this still a thing? I thought we'd moved on to demanded someone's head on a platter for changing the key bindings for auto-aim. :unsure:

 

I've already raised several tickets with customer support to demand this is changed even though it took me quite sometime to realise why this was a problem. Sack the dev. who made this change I say.

Shuddnobetta #2808 Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8027 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View PostStrappster, on 01 June 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

How is this still a thing? I thought we'd moved on to demanded someone's head on a platter for changing the key bindings for auto-aim. :unsure:

 

Crikey..... I thought I was posting on that thread.....I think I need specsavers.....

Jahrakajin #2809 Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:35 PM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 1788 battles
  • 913
  • [WG_M] WG_M
  • Member since:
    11-02-2013
I believe 2835 posts are enough for this topic. 

I am actually relieved that I can say....Thread closed.


 




18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users