Another Chrysler K thread (with a different perspective)

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Strappster #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20890 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Apologies for creating yet another thread and my second on the subject but this review popped up on YouTube and I'm not sure which of the outrage threads it best fits in. For those who don't know, Trobsmonkey is a US streamer (and unicum who insists that he sucks at the game) with a laid-back and irreverent approach to pretty much everything.

Secondly, someone (sorry for forgetting who) said that the CK wouldn't do anything that an O-Ho couldn't do better. "Aha!" I thought, "at least an O-Ho has side armour than my Type 64 can pen with its AP", grrrr, snarl, etc.

Yeah, I was way off with my reaction there. This thing has a much bigger area to shoot at and it's the same thickness all the way along, unlike the O-Ho which only has a limited area under the turret that's 105mm. So if I encounter a CK while playing my Type 64 I'll try to do what I try to do if I encounter an O-Ho and not engage it from the front.

Feel free to post below telling me that I'm a WG shill and that I've fallen for some clickbait video scam because it's not what your favourite streamer/youtuber/spirit guide/other content creator says. I'd post this with a poll but it'd only cause further complaints because that's what polls are for, isn't it.

As with the never-ending arty excrescence, I'm done with this.

brumbarr #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35723 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

You are right, the japanese heavy tanks are a terrible design, always where.

But you forget a couple of things!

-Chrysler has batter turret and front plate armor.
- Chrysler moves at 35 kph and is very mobile.
-Chryslers gun is much better and has gold rounds.
-Chrysler has 260 MM of apcr
- its a prem tank 

So its an oho but flat out better? Now what?

Strappster #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20890 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postbrumbarr, on 19 May 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

I didn't forget to watch the video.

LaManche #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17616 battles
  • [3EGS] 3EGS

View Postbrumbarr, on 19 May 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

You are right, the japanese heavy tanks are a terrible design, always where.

- Chrysler moves at 35 kph and is very mobile.
-Chryslers gun is much better and has gold rounds.
-Chrysler has 260 MM of apcr
- its a prem tank 

So its an oho but flat out better? Now what?

I ran out of likes for today but basically exactly what he said.

SovietBias #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35944 battles

View PostStrappster, on 19 May 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

I find it stupid to claim a tank is okay because a tier higher tank can deal with it.

Anyway, Chrysler K GF has better turret than O-HO, and arguably better frontal armor. An example, against a Tier IX vehicle (Which was featured in that video).

http://tanks.gg/tank/o-ho/model?cs=e-75&vm=live
http://tanks.gg/tank/chrysler-gf/model?cs=e-75&vm=live

Not to mention it's superior in the mobility department.

AliceUnchained #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 35932 battles
  • [322] 322

I think it was rather tasteless, it needs more salt.

But all seriousness, it is interesting to see a completely different view

Gvozdika #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37785 battles

No real dispute re: the tanks. In the live server an O-Ho can simple spam HE into a Chrysler K and 'ignore' the armour. The O-Ho is easier to flank based on what I've seen about the Chrysler (which appears to be quite mobile/agile).

However one has be ground up to (via the tech tree) and has some serious mobility issues, user-friendliness (such as non-existent gun depression) and is more or less tied to using the HE derp cannon if it wants to achieve consistent results. Gold ammo doesn't improve it's performance really - the armour has various flat spots which are weak from different angles.

The other.... well let's not go into the precise arguments which are already being played out all across the forum. They're both tanks which utterly stuff over things like the IS-6, 112, WZ-111 and any lower-tier unfortunate enough to be in front of them. 

brumbarr #8 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35723 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

Wathing the vid:

1) The first clip is laughable and it shows what his whole argument is:

Yes, your prem ammo doesnt snipe wekaspots at range and pens them everytime, wow, what a surprise.
   Yes, he gets rushed by a coupel of tanks of which some are tier9 and gets penned by higher tiers, the only thing he points out is that these tansk are not unkillable.  But thats now what gamebreaking or OP means.

2) He says these tanks are not gamebreakign because only good players will carry in them.Which is again the sam argument and simply false. If a tank wins mroe games than all other tanks on any skil level it is OP. A tomato doesnt have to perform at unicum level in order for soemthign to be OP.

3) HE says the tank has a bad gun,yeah, the gun has its limits, yeah, no crap, its not a tier9 gun, but its stil la better gun than most tier8 heavys.

it seems that for some people gamebreakign and OP means a tank has to be able to kill everything without taking dmg. But thats not true, gamebreaking and OP is when something is better than other tanks, if a player has an advantage jsut because he choose a different tank, than that is gamebreaking.

Claiming a tank is not OP because its not as good as tier9 tanks and can still  be killed is laughable.

Edited by brumbarr, 19 May 2017 - 03:40 PM.

Strappster #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20890 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGvozdika, on 19 May 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

No real dispute re: the tanks. In the live server an O-Ho can simple spam HE into a Chrysler K and 'ignore' the armour. The O-Ho is easier to flank based on what I've seen about the Chrysler (which appears to be quite mobile/agile).

However one has be ground up to (via the tech tree) and has some serious mobility issues, user-friendliness (such as non-existent gun depression) and is more or less tied to using the HE derp cannon if it wants to achieve consistent results. Gold ammo doesn't improve it's performance really - the armour has various flat spots which are weak from different angles.

The other.... well let's not go into the precise arguments which are already being played out all across the forum. They're both tanks which utterly stuff over things like the IS-6, 112, WZ-111 and any lower-tier unfortunate enough to be in front of them. 

Do you remember all the fuss when the IS-3A was announced, particularly how it was better than the IS-3 because it had APCR as standard ammo?

As it was, so shall it be.

AliceUnchained #10 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 35932 battles
  • [322] 322
A Defender will still make minced meat out of one I think. Which is fine, as long as salt is involved.

Jahrakajin #11 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

• 2168 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
I am tired of locking Threads all day for topics which already have their own Thread so...please tell me why I shouldn't when this could have been in another? :(

I'll go watch the video you linked and check in then.

Strappster #12 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20890 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postbrumbarr, on 19 May 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

Wathing the vid:

1) The first clip is laughable and it shows what his whole argument is:

Yes, your prem ammo doesnt snipe wekaspots at range and pens them everytime, wow, what a surprise.
   Yes, he gets rushed by a coupel of tanks of which some are tier9 and gets penned by higher tiers, the only thing he points out is that these tansk are not unkillable.  But thats now what gamebreaking or OP means.

2) He says these tanks are not gamebreakign because only good players will carry in them.Which is again the sam argument and simply false. If a tank wins mroe games than all other tanks on any skil level it is OP. A tomato doesnt have to perform at unicum level in order for soemthign to be OP.

3) HE says the tank has a bad gun,yeah, the gun has its limits, yeah, no crap, its not a tier9 gun, but its stil la better gun than most tier8 heavys.

it seems that for some people gamebreakign and OP means a tank has to be able to kill everything without taking dmg. But thats not true, gamebreaking and OP is when something is better than other tanks, if a player has an advantage jsut because he choose a different tank, than that is gamebreaking.

Claiming a tank is not OP because its not as good as tier9 tanks and can still  be killed is laughable.

1. Not "some", "one". The E75 comes for him, puts two shots in (through the upper plate without a problem) and backs off. The other tanks are an IS-3, Skorpion G, T34 and a Löwe, all of which can be found on tier 8.

I'm going to show a similar level of objectivity to yours and dismiss the rest of your points out of hand because point 2 is opinion and point 3 is irrelevant.

View PostJahrakajin, on 19 May 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

I am tired of locking Threads all day for topics which already have their own Thread so...please tell me why I shouldn't when this could have been in another? :(

I posted it in a new thread simply because it's a different perspective on the tank and I thought it'd quickly get buried by copyright arguments and references to dictatorships in other threads.

Element6_TheSprout #13 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

General

• Player
  • 26456 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStrappster, on 19 May 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

I did, and I chuckled like I did when I saw Orzy do his Defender video, albeit for the opposite reasons.

Jahrakajin #14 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

• 2168 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M

Block Quote

I posted it in a new thread simply because it's a different perspective on the tank and I thought it'd quickly get buried by copyright arguments and references to dictatorships in other threads.

I guess that works, it is possible to overdo it by closing Threads so I'll let this slide. 

Also I merged your post cause double posts irritate the hell out of me (no offense to you since I tricked you into double posting basically)

Pvt_Duffer #15 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16275 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJahrakajin, on 19 May 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

Because there is an alternative point of view, and this is it.

It is as valid and would be lost in the bleating of the other destructive threads,

Balc0ra #16 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 58563 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Tho I've been following Trobsmonkey for awhile. I kinda do get what he is trying to say, he said the same about the Defender to. And as I did point out in a different topic. This will get raped by tier 9 guns on the lower plate with ease, and at times at the hatch. But as top tier hull down, not even half the guns can pen the cupola that has 240+ effective armor. So you could say it's highly situational. Not pay 2 win. But still enough to call it "broken" when it gets in that spot. And it can't even pen itself on the lower plate. The last part is my issue with it. It's yet another reason to not play the IS-6 with 219 gold pen. I mean it would make less of a fuzz if the lower plate had 120mm effective vs 220. Even the new tier 6 US med prem with more hull armor then the E2 had a weaker lower plate then even the E8 and Fury to compensate for it. And an MG port weakspot. So then people did not mind the fact that the hull armor had more effective armor then just about any tier 6 HT.

brumbarr #17 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35723 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 19 May 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

Because there is an alternative point of view, and this is it.

It is as valid and would be lost in the bleating of the other destructive threads,

Not all views are equally valid,  if I would say the arlV39 is the most OP tier6 TD, that  is not equaly valid as someone who says its the worst TD. 
Or of someone says  climate change isnt happening ,that view istn equaly valid as someone who says it is.

Browarszky #18 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13343 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostStrappster, on 19 May 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

1. Not "some", "one". The E75 comes for him, puts two shots in (through the upper plate without a problem) and backs off. The other tanks are an IS-3, Skorpion G, T34 and a Löwe, all of which can be found on tier 8.

I'm going to show a similar level of objectivity to yours and dismiss the rest of your points out of hand because point 2 is opinion and point 3 is irrelevant.

It's not a tank I would be interested in as such, but it is good to have a thread discussing the tanks merits or lack thereof.

K_A #19 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 12999 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I like trains.

Pvt_Duffer #20 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16275 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postbrumbarr, on 19 May 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

Not all views are equally valid,  if I would say the arlV39 is the most OP tier6 TD, that  is not equaly valid as someone who says its the worst TD. 
Or of someone says  climate change isnt happening ,that view istn equaly valid as someone who says it is.

Have you watched the video? It is significantly better, more informative, less offensive that the piece of self-indulgent junk posted by Foch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users