I haven't played in 3 years since May 14, what has changed in the game?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

A_Hardy_Buck #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 4220 battles

Browsing reddit and saw some WOT drama had spilled into some popular subreddits and I decided to download the game again. Guess WG is gaining from their notoriety :teethhappy:

Anyway just downloading the client and I'm wondering has there been any major gameplay changes? I presume there has considering the length of time ? When I last played it was the Brit TD line that was demolishing people with their HESH, what are the new lines like  ? 

I presume Arty is still the bane of any tanker 

Gremlin182 #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37614 battles

I suppose the notorious tank line at the moment would be the Japanese heavies tier 5or 6 +.

Then there are the Swedish lines the top 3 heavies and TDs are very interesting.

A few other nations added, the changes to SPGs got everyone's knickers in a twist and Light tanks now go to tier 10

SPGs damage was halved rof and accuracy slightly buffed and now they can stun you, your crew is at 75% effectiveness for 4-20 seconds or until healed.

oh and all kits are multi use with a cooldown

edit

Wargaming now also run a special test server called Sandbox it tests out some ideas over a longer period of time than the normal common test.

Some of the ideas can be a little advanced shall we say but its also come up with some decent ideas.

Curently its testing new game modes.

Edited by Gremlin182, 19 May 2017 - 11:47 PM.

Schmeksiman #3 Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15319 battles
  • [INC] INC

Holy cow, I remember the name from the old days.

Anyway, HT's became kind of stupid, WG introduced stuff without weakspots that you either can or can't pen with prem ammo. I avoid them as most of the time you're forced to play against Maus or Type 4/5 heavy.

Lights got rebalanced, most of them are a lot better now apart from tier X ones which are underwhelming.

Arty is still annoying but much less punishing than before.

MM improved a lot, consumables now have cooldown meaning they are reusable, CW is worthless and SH at tier 8 is mostly consisting of broken Obj. 252U spamming prem ammo at you.

Oh as for new lines:

Czech is pretty good tho tier 7 and 8 can be painful.

Swedish HT's are okay, solid overall.

Swedish TD's are campy with really good accuracy, tier 7 seems to be a pain.

Jap HT's are annoying but get really good and annoying at tier IX and X.

Maus is pretty OP now (believe it or not).

That german VK tier X seems to be quite poor.

As said, most tier X lights are bad apart from maybe Sheridan and the chinese one.

30B is not worth it as far as I know.

I dunno what else I'm missing so ask away.

Edited by Schmeksiman, 20 May 2017 - 11:05 PM.

Conor_Notorious_McGregor #4 Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21380 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Nostalgia name. You have invoked feelings.

check the recent patch notes. biggest patch for some time.

beware the tier 9 skoda for it is dastardly also maus..... and then maus.

Spoiler

KptStrzyga #5 Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33333 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Siemka! :honoring:

I`m not coming back. For now. Not yet. 

But I`m not stopping you, hf gl. 

Schmeksiman #6 Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:23 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15319 battles
  • [INC] INC

View PostKptStrzyga, on 23 May 2017 - 02:48 AM, said:

Siemka! :honoring:

I`m not coming back. For now. Not yet. 

But I`m not stopping you, hf gl. 

Oh man, is this a 2014 thread? Also I've just found someone who could teach me a thing or two about ships...

Uebergewicht #7 Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7864 battles

Well one could also mention that WGs policy about premium tanks has changed. They tend to introduce ones quite frequently, and the ones they introduce tend to be really good if not best in tier. Examples include the Patriot and Defender at tier 8, the Rudy and Cromwell B at tier 6 and the IS-2 Berlin at tier 7.

Light tanks have jsut gone through a massive rework. All light tanks get +/-2 MM and they have been changed accordingly... except the premium ones, which makes something like the Type 64 incredibly potent.

Up on the horizon are new game modes: Ranked battles are due for the next patch and let you earn extra powerful equipment and consumables which you can use in randoms and on lower tier tanks. In development there is also a 30v30 grand assault mode with respawn and 30v30 regular battles on new, bigger maps.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users