wg

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

kaneAAA #1 Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30056 battles
  • [HER0-] HER0-
WG made a martyr out of SirFoch..... Its Fochin unbelievable... 

HugSeal #2 Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18038 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC
I am most impressed at how they managed to single out one of the most profanity-ridden whiny streamers and then stoop BELOW his level. Now that takes some dedication.

Kreshow #3 Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41249 battles
  • [EX_SQ] EX_SQ
I personally don't like Sir Foch, but unfortunately, WG has made him a hero with this. I don't like the way he speaks and dictionary he uses, but it is his right and people can decide either listen to him or not (I can't listen to him). In this case, he is COMPLETELY RIGHT and he has my full support in this.

RamRaid90 #4 Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:58 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16758 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostHugSeal, on 20 May 2017 - 04:32 AM, said:

I am most impressed at how they managed to single out one of the most profanity-ridden whiny streamers and then stoop BELOW his level. Now that takes some dedication.

I'm more impressed at how people seem to think we need 100 threads on this very subject.

ZlatanArKung #5 Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:04 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 1529 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRamRaid90, on 20 May 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

I'm more impressed at how people seem to think we need 100 threads on this very subject.

The more the marrier imo.

ClassicFrog #6 Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 40511 battles

I do not understand why people say WG made SirFoch a hero. No, they didn't.

It's completely irrelevant how does SirFoch get things across, or how accurate his evaluations are. It's not about him. It's about WG overstepping and sinking below the level of any professionalism or good practices and getting caught red handed, and yet, still trying to twist things around, trivialising how terrible their scumbag move was. That's the real issue.

Edited by ClassicFrog, 20 May 2017 - 08:20 AM.

gpalsson #7 Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:47 AM

General

• Player
  • 22107 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostClassicFrog, on 20 May 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

It's completely irrelevant how does SirFoch get things across, or how accurate his evaluations are. It's not about him. It's about WG overstepping and sinking below the level of any professionalism or good practices and getting caught red handed, and yet, still trying to twist things around, trivialising how terrible their scumbag move was. That's the real issue.

No not in my opinion. The real issue is how terrible they are at doing balancing.

ClassicFrog #8 Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:53 AM

Major

• Player
  • 40511 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 20 May 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

No not in my opinion. The real issue is how terrible they are at doing balancing.

Well, I didn't mean "the meaning of the universe - the real issue", just what is going on around SirFoch at the moment.

jabster #9 Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 11926 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postgpalsson, on 20 May 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

You're assuming that they want the game to be balanced and I'm not sure that's a wise thing to do.

Edited by jabster, 20 May 2017 - 08:54 AM.

Cannes76 #10 Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54602 battles
  • [2PDD] 2PDD
This totally warranted a new thread.

CaptainThunderWalker #11 Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15688 battles
  • [DSTL] DSTL

View PostClassicFrog, on 20 May 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

It is both.

Wargaming made a scumbag move against someone who was, while not polite, saying something the overwhelming majority of the community agreed with.

The combination essentially made Foch a martyr.

If Wargaming had only removed the CC, well, you couldn't blame them considering how Foch phrased it, even if most of us agree with that video otherwise. There'd be some backlash, but would have been pretty minor.

And if Wargaming did the copyright strike against someone most of us would not agree with, well, it would have made them look like idiots all the same, but it wouldn't have made that person a martyr.

Edit: Clarification.

Edited by CaptainThunderWalker, 20 May 2017 - 09:15 AM.

gpalsson #12 Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:11 AM

General

• Player
  • 22107 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjabster, on 20 May 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

You're assuming that they want the game to be balanced and I'm not sure that's a wise thing to do.

Still, it is the real issue. Weather they do it on purpose or not I don't know. Can't investigate motives very well, I'm terrible at it :)

View PostClassicFrog, on 20 May 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

Well, I didn't mean "the meaning of the universe - the real issue", just what is going on around SirFoch at the moment.

​Haha I know what you mean, but I just would like to point out that the whole thing that made Foch lose hit sh1t was one terrible balance decision after another.

Edited by gpalsson, 20 May 2017 - 09:14 AM.

TankkiPoju #13 Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:13 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17064 battles

View PostkaneAAA, on 20 May 2017 - 03:05 AM, said:

WG made a martyr out of SirFoch..... Its Fochin unbelievable... 

Or maybe this is just another day of internet drama, about a video game where people drive tanks around and pew pew.

At one time being a martyr was about dying for your beliefs. Not having to take one Youtube video down because you said bad words too much in it.

RamRaid90 #14 Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:14 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16758 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View Postgpalsson, on 20 May 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Still, it is the real issue. Weather they do it on purpose or not I don't know. Can't investigate motives very well, I'm terrible at it :)

Wargaming know their playerbase. They also know the proportion of that player base who take notice of whats happening around them is very small. They know if they release premium tanks which are increasingly better these plebs will continue to buy each and every one that they bring out.

Making OP premiums is like printing cash.

jabster #15 Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 11926 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postgpalsson, on 20 May 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

The two things I'd point to are that it was said in a Q&A that there were UP tanks put in the tech tree to encourage people to spend money and I find it hard to believe that WG are stupid. Think of it like this. If you can sell enough tanks that are OP to make a tidy profit while at he same time not selling so many that you unbalance randoms then from WG's point of view that's a good thing.

chiggy #16 Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28978 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I have always liked the guy. He says what he thinks and those type of people are the most honest in this world. The people who operate behind your back are the ones to look out for, saying one thing and having thoughts to the contrary. Yes men and rear end kissers.

​WGings argument is fundamentally flawed because what Sir Foch is saying is an OPINION. No one can be sued for an opinion. That is the law.

​Just imagine if every Hollywood film producer chased every critic for a bad review of their film? It doesn't happen because that is the critics OPINION.

Edited by chiggy, 20 May 2017 - 09:34 AM.

gpalsson #17 Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:38 AM

General

• Player
  • 22107 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjabster, on 20 May 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

The two things I'd point to are that it was said in a Q&A that there were UP tanks put in the tech tree to encourage people to spend money and I find it hard to believe that WG are stupid. Think of it like this. If you can sell enough tanks that are OP to make a tidy profit while at he same time not selling so many that you unbalance randoms then from WG's point of view that's a good thing.

They already made tywo gamemodes (SH8 and CW8) pretty terrible, so I'd say that plan didn't work out. It's not only about randoms. But in time, randoms will become pretty terrible too, and I am starting to wish they would make T9 and T7 only battles because it seems like the only tiers (of the higher ones) that aren't really badly balanced. And it's a shame really.

View PostRamRaid90, on 20 May 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

Wargaming know their playerbase. They also know the proportion of that player base who take notice of whats happening around them is very small. They know if they release premium tanks which are increasingly better these plebs will continue to buy each and every one that they bring out.

Making OP premiums is like printing cash.

​They don't have to follow anything. In the long run if WG does this enough, everyone will feel it. It won't take a visit to the forum to find out that balance is so bad that it hardly makes playing t8 worth the time.

Edited by gpalsson, 20 May 2017 - 09:42 AM.

Schmeksiman #18 Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15361 battles
  • [INC] INC

Can someone tell me what's wrong with striking down something that slanders you, your content and your brand while using it and monetizing it (aka making money from it)?

It's nothing out of the ordinary for a company to do so, I've seen a few legal cases just like that one and honestly I would have done the same if I was in such situation.

Firewaltzer #19 Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:47 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30629 battles

View Postjabster, on 20 May 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

WG thinks they are smart enough to have a big player base AND screw a non-paying majority to sell 'win' to a paying minority.

By now they are so caught up in managing the business case they forgot they depend on a good game and on a good relation to their community.

The latest escalation with SirFoch is surely some pumped-up internet drama, and short term not many will notice. But those that will definitely notice are the active players that are heavily invested in this game. And they will talk with their wallets, at least i will.

Salty_Old_Dog #20 Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 35302 battles
Saw the Imgur-screenshot of the debate between Foch and WG staff member. Sounded fair (from the point of view of WG) in terms of Sir fochs overstepping the line as far as language goes BUT the line that WG on the other hand crossed, was when the staff member threatened him with Copyright Strike. Im not a huge Foch fan but maybe WG should try and engage in dialogue with a lot of contributors that are hinting (or downright saying it out plainly!) in their Youtube channels, that the game is getting increasingly more and more pay to win, and the new prem tanks are very unbalanced.

Also tagged with wg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users