Premium Shop: Chrysler K - Ready for Anything

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
The Grand Finals in Moscow kick off and as is customary, we are rolling out with a new tank to commemorate the event - check it out!

The full text of the news item

Raffy5 #2 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26711 battles
:popcorn:

Folau #3 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:18 AM

Major

• Player
  • 15254 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

POPULAR

Am I allowed to say something bad here, or will you take down this post as copyright infringement?

Pablo_Amenable #4 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10862 battles
would grab 13 57, but it seems we won't get it anymore

Gremlin182 #5 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:25 AM

General

• Player
  • 49252 battles

Well after 2 Light GF tanks another type was on the cards, though I would have liked another light.

Chrysler seems pretty strong met a few "not many" in games not my kind of tank Its very rare I can get on with a rear mounted turret tank.

Its not OP imo all the ones I have seen have been taken out though they did bounce a lot of shots.

indu #6 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34838 battles
Seems a good tank. Much better than: KV4, O-ho, Tiger 2 , Caernarvon

Trooper_One #7 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20908 battles

Using that Foch disaster to promote this tank might work short-term with the units sold.

In the long term this will cost quality substance of the player base.

LaManche #8 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19294 battles

View PostPablo_Amenable, on 22 May 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

would grab 13 57, but it seems we won't get it anymore

Same, but I doubt my sanity would take lightly meeting Defenders, Patriots, Libertes and Chryslers in 66.7% of battles.

uglycousin #9 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:38 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45872 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK
Can you please change the name of this tank into Chrysler K (Fochwagon)? It would add some extra flavour to it. :hiding:

Alexlockerr #10 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16144 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

POPULAR

[edited]off with your broken [edited]tank . Crap gun ,no [edited]weakspots in the front . Nowadays if you dont play sh you cant make credits and if you play a non-broken premium you need to [edited]spam heat to have any chance to [edited]pen the defender or this creation of your dumb developers and managers . [edited]company full of greedy half-brained morons

250swb #11 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:45 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22978 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
WG you should be ashamed to even mention this tank after the trouble it is causing. The Chrysler Fochwagen is just another nail in the coffin of balanced gameplay, and not the last it seems if the rumours of yet more Russian and German heavy's are true. Consider this WG, why are they all heavy tanks, or variations of the notion of 'heavy', such as the weighting the Skorpion has with it's monster gun? It's easy to answer, it's because 'it's easy', an upwards arms race is easier to 'design' than a balanced game. If you at WG weren't taking the easy route we'd have new Premium light and medium tanks to play with, we'd have better maps, we'd have all the tanks in HD by now and appropriately rebalanced, we'd have the dead lines buffed (such as the British heavy tanks), or alternatively all the other lines nerfed to balance them. But of course that would require more balls, brains and planning than the easy option of introducing a shitstorm of dismay in the player base with your new Fochwagen.

Wayneable #12 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43656 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I have had one for 1 day now, and quit honestly i dont see what the fuss is about, Yes it has strong frontal armour, but a crap gun, Is this not what everybody wanted? Premium tank with good and bad aspekts? Is it not more in line with the way people have said thay wanted primium tank to be after the release of the Patriot, Liberte and the Defender?

And as for the "OP" armour, am i the only one that is getting the lower plate penned all the time, no matter how i angle it? Tier 8 that have penned my lower plate with out the use of gold - Patriot, Liberte, defender, Emil I, Caernavon ( dont ask me how.), Obj.416, and so on. And any tier 8 TD will pen as well ( so far anyway.). And all tier 9-10 tanks have no big problems penning it.

Now i do agree that WG should have made the MG port a week spot, I am just saying this tanks armor is not as good as alot of people are saying.

It has the same gun as the T32, so if you have played the T32 you know what to expect, you ether have to aim at weak spots, or spam gold, so far i have been doing the first and have done ok with it, nothing supper but ok.

This tank is much more in line with the older premium tank in the game, it has some strong points, but also has bad points.

Folau #13 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

Major

• Player
  • 15254 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostWayneable, on 22 May 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

I have had one for 1 day now, and quit honestly i dont see what the fuss is about, Yes it has strong frontal armour, but a crap gun, Is this not what everybody wanted? Premium tank with good and bad aspekts? Is it not more in line with the way people have said thay wanted primium tank to be after the release of the Patriot, Liberte and the Defender?

And as for the "OP" armour, am i the only one that is getting the lower plate penned all the time, no matter how i angle it? Tier 8 that have penned my lower plate with out the use of gold - Patriot, Liberte, defender, Emil I, Caernavon ( dont ask me how.), Obj.416, and so on. And any tier 8 TD will pen as well ( so far anyway.). And all tier 9-10 tanks have no big problems penning it.

Now i do agree that WG should have made the MG port a week spot, I am just saying this tanks armor is not as good as alot of people are saying.

It has the same gun as the T32, so if you have played the T32 you know what to expect, you ether have to aim at weak spots, or spam gold, so far i have been doing the first and have done ok with it, nothing supper but ok.

This tank is much more in line with the older premium tank in the game, it has some strong points, but also has bad points.

The gun is better than the T32's and only downside is low pen. It is faster than other HTs, has no true weakspots frontally, and the armour is extremely good (within reason of it being used vaguely appropriately).

Having been a Dinger I know exactly which key will rectify the tank's one real weakness - it's not exactly rocket surgery.

Rustybolt #14 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16354 battles

View Post250swb, on 22 May 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

WG you should be ashamed to even mention this tank after the trouble it is causing. The Chrysler Fochwagen is just another nail in the coffin of balanced gameplay, and not the last it seems if the rumours of yet more Russian and German heavy's are true. Consider this WG, why are they all heavy tanks, or variations of the notion of 'heavy', such as the weighting the Skorpion has with it's monster gun? It's easy to answer, it's because 'it's easy', an upwards arms race is easier to 'design' than a balanced game. If you at WG weren't taking the easy route we'd have new Premium light and medium tanks to play with, we'd have better maps, we'd have all the tanks in HD by now and appropriately rebalanced, we'd have the dead lines buffed (such as the British heavy tanks), or alternatively all the other lines nerfed to balance them. But of course that would require more balls, brains and planning than the easy option of introducing a shitstorm of dismay in the player base with your new Fochwagen.

I totally agree with everything you say but:

with respect.....don't you think that someone with the aforementioned Liberte, Patriot, Defender and the Chrysler in their garage:P maybe be part of the problem and the reason they sell them. No salt intended m8.

....and no I don't have any of these.

Edited by Rustybolt, 22 May 2017 - 08:58 AM.

Alex_Connor #15 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16272 battles

My O-Ni loves these things, they are huge and have basically no side armor, not even tracks to protect the hull, pretty much a 50-50 to roll 900 damage into a sidescraper with HE.

Fr4nt1s3k #16 Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49424 battles
  • [AK_RB] AK_RB
WG, you have ruined this game. You made me download War Thunder. Rebalance all premium tanks, otherwise I will not log into the game until then. Just imagine poor tanks like KV-5, IS-6, JagdTiger 8.8 ... against this OP Chrysler GF.

Hammerhead20 #17 Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25370 battles
Just go away with this ugly thing.

Eaglax #18 Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:04 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles
thank you WG for adding yet another perfectly balanced premium tier 8. But to be honest, I'm not sure if the Chrysler GrandFoch can be even better balanced than my favorite tank in the game right now, the Defender. Maybe you should buff it a little bit to make it as good as the Defender.

scouse_in_the_house #19 Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:11 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1019 battles

Thanks for the great tank Wargaming had lots of fun yesterday!

cant wait for the grand finals either, #exciting! 

Cobra6 #20 Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16333 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yeah, yet another consecutive step in the ever extending line of overpowered Pay 2 Win premiums Wargaming is putting out.

Should have been smart after Foch's review and pulled this one for proper re-balancing. But nope, the greed was too strong yet again to care for something as unimportant as proper game balancing.

I will quote my reply from the Defender thread because it's just as applicable here as it was in that one:

View PostCobra6, on 23 February 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

While it's arguably hilarious to put an IS-7 VK4502P hull on Tier 8 and giving it a gun that blasts enemies for 440 damage on average per shot great gun handling and awesome premium penetration as well as being completely invulnerable to regular ammo from the front, I've got a feeling Wargaming is losing the plot a bit with what good balancing is and what vehicles are acceptable on which tier.

Recent premiums ever since the M41 90GF have all been on-par but in most cases (vastly) superior to regular on tier counterparts which is problematic in terms of balancing and general gameplay. In effect these tanks are pay to win because if you flash your credit-car/paypal you'll receive a tank free players don't have access to which in the most basic sense is superior to anything they can get their hands on.

Already T8 skirmishes are nothing but Patriots, AMX49's, Skorpions and M41 90's, great fun, much variation.

If people keep spending money on these broken OP tanks (like they did on the Patriot and AMX49), the more imbalanced this game will become and the faster it will run into the ground.
But who am I kidding? Too many people that have too much disposable income at their hands but not enough brainpower to think through the effects of their choices.

Just because Wargaming releases something in the game does not mean it is good for said game or it's long term existence. They have gotten quite a number of things wrong in the past but with these premium tanks they are problems that are here to stay as they can't change much in their stats if they prove to be too good.

It's becoming a major issue now that it seems that accountants are calling the shots on what to implement or the equivalent that have no idea of game balance and only see money.

Show some spine, show some discipline and refrain from buying these tanks!

You might not realise it now but in the long run this is better for everyone's enjoyment of the game as the experience will be more balanced, which will mean more players will stay playing this game which in turn will mean this game will exist longer.

Yes I bought the M41 90 and yes I did buy the Skorpion, but after that I stopped buying new premium tanks because I saw the direction it was going in and what the end result will be of this course. Creating an "even better" premium every 2 months will only lead to the inevitable faster collapse of this game as there will be no reason anymore to play regular tanks on these tiers, the variation will go which will lead to boredom and ultimately it will cause loads of players to leave.

Cobra 6

Also, let me post Jingles video on this tank, he is very eloquent at describing the problem with these tanks:

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 22 May 2017 - 09:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users