T71 good for missions?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

8Knight_Commander_Pask #1 Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9070 battles

I have never  played a light tank and I was wondering if the T-71 would be a good candidate.

I need one to finish the Stug IV missions and I also would like a good spotter/scout.

Also, do you get rewarded for spotting damage?

I remember that back when I used to play this game, playing LT was a thankless job. as the game expected you to personally deal damage as a normal tank instead of spotting.

Baeckerin #2 Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37737 battles
  • [WG12] WG12

At least since last patch T71 is one of the best possible tanks for missions.

I guess, tthree-fourths of all missions up to Obj260 was done by driving T71.

Fast, sneaky, APCR as standard, good gunhandling and fast reload clip/inner-clip makes him perfect.

T71 is <3, T71 is life.:honoring:

Edited by Baeckerin, 23 May 2017 - 06:06 AM.

8Knight_Commander_Pask #3 Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9070 battles

What about its scout performance?

I really would like to play it as scout making tons of spotting damage. Do you get rewarded for that?

Baeckerin #4 Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37737 battles
  • [WG12] WG12

View Post8Knight_Commander_Pask, on 23 May 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

What about its scout performance?

I really would like to play it as scout making tons of spotting damage. Do you get rewarded for that?

To be honest, if you play the T71 as a scout only, you waste a great impact on your match. 

Tell me the "real" Scout-only-Maps? Maybe 3 or 4 out of 40 (Prohkorovka, Malinovka, Highway Murovanka). So you have to do something beside the scout role. Damage. 

But remember: scout-class is difficult to handle. You have to learn a lot especially when driving only heavytanks (like you). It's another type of playing. Look for good mentors! And you have to know a lot about WOT: Spotting mechanics, weakspots of your enemies and the decicison about Trading HP.

PS: You get nice creditrewards btw. 

azakow #5 Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 83049 battles

Mind the difference in LTing experience!

for LT missions and LTing in general you need a good crew and proper equipment.

You are a beginner when it comes to LTing, hence LT7 will be a well of frustration for you.

I suggest to get your nations best crew, educate yourself on LTing in general and start at LT5 only.

8Knight_Commander_Pask #6 Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9070 battles

Of course I do not intend to rush to the T-71, I just want to merely start the line.

My idea of LTs essentially is: Start the game spotting and being annoying to the enemy. Kill enemy spotters. Never stop moving.

Then, when there are less tanks on the map, start the death circling circus.

Is that right?

azakow #7 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 83049 battles

View Post8Knight_Commander_Pask, on 23 May 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Of course I do not intend to rush to the T-71, I just want to merely start the line.

My idea of LTs essentially is: Start the game spotting and being annoying to the enemy. Kill enemy spotters. Never stop moving.

Then, when there are less tanks on the map, start the death circling circus.

Is that right?

First part:

Starting with spotting is correct.

In order to be anoying you are most likely spotted. This is to be avoided, since you are most likely the only target at this tiem of match.

Leave the killing of opponent spotters to your team. Only assist on killing them (meaning revealing yourself) when they are about to break trough.

The most anoying spotters are the ones that are unseen.

Always turn your vehicle towards an escape route, facing your rear towards the opponents.

It does not matter whether you face 10mm or 40mm of armor towards incoming fire, but you can run away much faster.

Second part:

Check the front line and the current battle situation, maybe support your MT (from safe distance or in double bush situations), wait until the situation on your flank is clear. This may be loss or win of the flank.

Decide whether to advance or to retreat, in both cases for spotting purposes.

Retreat is always an option, especially when your team fails to deal damage on the advancing opponents you have spotted (lemming train or simply stupid)

Third part:

Clean up deal damage by using camo and speed

Win the match.

Map knowledge and knowledge on vehicle abilities are essential.

Use youtube to educate yourself on maps and spotter locations.

Battlefield awareness is the most important soft skill when LTing. Remember the minimap is your best friend and best friends need alot of attention!

The second most important soft skill is patience. Here the teamlist is your friend, which opponents have not been discovered yet? It depends on their vehicle class where on the map to expect them. Undiscovered LT are the threat to your teams success.

Do not mistake patience with camping. Many of your team mates will do.

Turn on the circles and last position indicators.

Edited by azakow, 23 May 2017 - 07:44 PM.

8Knight_Commander_Pask #8 Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9070 battles

Very through, thank you.

Watched some videos, the tank seems lots of fun to play with.

Any suggestion for the grind?

__efka_ #9 Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10519 battles
after patch standard ammo pen nerfed, and gold ammo still has highest price than tier 10 gold ammo, 5.6k lol thats just rip off top notch

Ober__ #10 Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61007 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View Post1st2die_, on 23 May 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

after patch standard ammo pen nerfed, and gold ammo still has highest price than tier 10 gold ammo, 5.6k lol thats just rip off top notch

But is has amazing penetration with gold 210, after new MM system, almost no need gold anyway. This tank is so good, in tier 7 only AMX 13 57GF is better. Took 3th gun mark easy whit it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users