Statement about the SirFoch incident

• Please log in to reply
762 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles

POPULAR

A message from our top management regarding SirFochs and our situation since last Friday.

The full text of the news item

Stevie_Ray_Vaughan #2 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18256 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

POPULAR

Apologies that look sincere, good.

One question, what will you do with the CC's who left because of this?

Chaosbarbarian #3 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26402 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

POPULAR

Wow.......it was a mess, .....WG EU cleared it up fast (considering the weekend)

WG NA tried to ruin the damage control.

You guys brought it back in. Fair play for admitting mistakes and hopefully we all learned a thing or two about each other, (company and player base)

GJ although I miss Jingles already :) but fair play

drogo #4 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15717 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

POPULAR

The way you can put this right is to watch SirFoch's latest video and try and incorporate the changes he suggests into the game. Stop releasing new premiums and fix the game so we can enjoy it for many years to come.

happyal #5 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10303 battles
  • [95TH] 95TH
So is this your world wide policy? Or will US, or another region just do whatever they want again?

Stevie_Ray_Vaughan #6 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18256 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

View Posthappyal, on 23 May 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

So is this your world wide policy? Or will US, or another region just do whatever they want again?

Signed by all regions if you look at the bottom of the article.

BerkOsman #7 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 65184 battles
  • [YIKIM] YIKIM
European server always fallow 3 day later to currently day. Please re group.

Mastertenker #8 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 658 battles

View PostChaosbarbarian, on 23 May 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

Wow.......it was a mess, .....WG EU cleared it up fast (considering the weekend)

WG NA tried to ruin the damage control.

You guys brought it back in. Fair play for admitting mistakes and hopefully we all learned a thing or two about each other, (company and player base)

GJ although I miss Jingles already :) but fair play

Jingles is not even playing the game anymore, so who the foch cares if he left or not.

Edited by Mastertenker, 23 May 2017 - 04:34 PM.

LordMatrix_ #9 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11575 battles

POPULAR

Wargaming, what about addressing SirFoch's message (you only addressed delivery)? Like your latest trend of introducing OP premiums and over-buffing tanks like Maus, Type 5, VK100? Why don't you work together with good players from the community to balance the tanks? Players are customers and I think we should have a say in balance/design decisions. After all, we are the ones that are paying you for a product/service. Your corporate motto is to make sure everyone is happy, yet your actions, inactions and lack of communication is making people frustrated and angry. We love the game and it pains us to see you ruin it. This game could be so much better. I think thats the message SirFoch was trying to send.

Toucinho #10 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 973 battles
ofcourse the love their players and CC's, they bring them TONS of money! if this people left game...GG, no more money to this professional milkers!

avalon62 #11 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27837 battles

Good!

- Now make a big effort to bring everyone back onboard again.

- Listen to the underlying critique that made the steam to go off in the first place regarding premium tanks and unnecessary buffs to vehicle that didn't need it.

- Bring back the AMX ELC to life. You nerfed it to hell.

That's it! Then we can play again.

Kandly #12 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:35 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 695 battles

POPULAR

View PostLordMatrix_, on 23 May 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

Wargaming, what about addressing SirFoch's message (you only addressed delivery)? Like your latest trend of introducing OP premiums and over-buffing tanks like Maus, Type 5, VK100? Why don't you work together with good players from the community to balance the tanks? Players are customers and I think we should have a say in balance/design decisions. After all, we are the ones that are paying you for a product/service. Your corporate motto is to make sure everyone is happy, yet your actions, inactions and lack of communication is making people frustrated and angry. We love the game and it pains us to see you ruin it. This game could be so much better. I think thats the message SirFoch was trying to send.

We will provide answers regarding the questions surrounding World of Tanks becoming P2W and the Premium T8 situation during the Grand Finals. We will make sure that the communication is properly distributed and we're working on an open Q&A for those who won't be joining the Grand Finals.

GICUSTEIN #13 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26807 battles
  • [A-S-F] A-S-F

POPULAR

Ok. Now can you remove premium ammo, in order to make this *censored* game fair? Premium ammo = pay to win. 

Stop being that greedy. You already make a lot of money. Can you make the game fair?!

You ask fair play from us! What about YOU? How is this fair??? GOLD AMMO worst thing about WOT.

GlenDog75 #14 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24884 battles
  • [L10NS] L10NS

POPULAR

I posted this earlier, but it's still relevant here:

I, for one, have really come to enjoy SirFoch's videos and opinion over time (salty or not). He's also a very talented WoT player, who has a loyal following within the community.

If Wargaming has/had an ounce of sense, it would take opinions of their game such as his (and those of other prominent players/streamers/YouTubers) on board, incorporating at least elements of these opinions into shaping and fine-tuning the game going forwards.

The statements coming from WG EU are a positive start; however, as salty and, in this case, rightly critical as SirFoch may be, I really found it refreshing that he was a community contributor - my main issue is that WG appears not to be listening to their player base/community to any significant extent - a really foolish business practice in the long-term.

If WG wants to thrive in the mid-to-longer term, they need to embrace criticism and respond in a balanced way to it. I actually think that it would be healthy for WG and their games to woo and attempt to reinstate SirFoch as a community contributor or similar (with the proviso that he is salty and critical at times!), despite the fact that he isn't overly keen to be one at the moment. It would also be very good for them to demonstrate to the community that they profess to support that they are not only apologising for overstepping the mark, but taking more positive steps to mend the relationship with SirFoch, Jingles, and others.

As for the ridiculous WG NA statements - someone within WG needs to stamp on that issue very swiftly, so that they are corrected and, ideally, apologise for becoming involved in an issue that needn't have involved them.

Many of us have invested a lot of time and money in this game (and others that WG have produced); please don't leave your previously keen player base/community with a deeply tarnished view of you. It will, almost certainly, damage WG in the long-term.

WG please be different to many other companies out there and listen to and react appropriately to criticism (especially so when it's from more than one source) to help improve a game that many do love.

J00F #15 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12902 battles
  • [322] 322

POPULAR

The next premium tank will verify your statement. 

OrigamiChicken #16 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25206 battles
So the news reached Central HQ as well. I'm sure they're soooooo happy with WGEU approach to PR. It's sad though that it takes alienating both the community and community contributors for Wargaming to start moving their fat back sides.

PlasticGangsta #17 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22299 battles

View Posthappyal, on 23 May 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

Its signed by a member of the North American team.

imnotamessiah #18 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 47068 battles

it is a bit too late! you showed your true colours wg. no more premium tank for me. 

old politiek - few premiums per game which are way worse than standard vehicles - YES

today's - let's suck their money as they have ém!

Jognt #19 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23763 battles
  • [ROFF] ROFF

So after all that has happened you release this statement.

I like what I am reading there, yet I am severely disappointed by what I'm *not* reading there.

The reason Foch made the video the way he did in the first place is because of the very real balancing problem in WoT for a while now.

Are you just going to keep quiet about that and hope we all forget about it?

The reason this blew up so much is not just because of the DMCA threat, it's because many of us understand and agree with what Foch said (albeit in different wording).

If you want to *really* go further from here, address those real problems too will you?

Drpepper_123 #20 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12720 battles
  • [WM] WM
Still doesnt address the founding issue of the whole debacle , namely the Chrysler and the current crop of P2W Premium vehicles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users