Rheinmetall Panzerwagen

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

tnk_x5000 #1 Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29102 battles

On paper it looks like a secretly OP light. Playing the Ru 251 it is pretty funny out-spotting most of the enemy team when they enter my view range circle, but 420 m base view range seems like a sight to behold.

When I played with the tank on the Sandbox, it seemed like one of the tanks that award good usage of the 'handbrake' turn - despite the lower hull traverse, acceleration is so fast, that even if speed gets sacrificed, it is instantly recovered.

Gun seems unremarkable, even if it is the only properly accurate gun from the tier 10 lights - DPM is bad. And only 30 shells ammo count? Anyway, I would have preferred 320 alpha with 2700+ DPM and 0.33 accuracy and 210-230 mm penetration, because that is what a light's gun should be: low alpha and penetration, but good accuracy and DPM.

Does anyone even play it? Because I may have never seen one in battle so far. What are your thoughts? And for the rest, how does the tank look on paper for you?

Edited by tnk_x5000, 30 May 2017 - 07:16 PM.

lafeel #2 Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4964 battles
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE

Actually saw it used on more than one occasion during the WGL finals, with mixed results.

It seems decent enough, if slightly limited in the roles it can take. Then again, same can be said for the rest of the tier ten lights.

Ober__ #3 Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57087 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
don't waste a time to grind it. RU is worst light in tier IX, this scout far away from good in tier X. The gun hundling is like CDC- looks ok on paper, but to do snapshots is hard mission, you have to aim full and even after that a lot of shots goes no where. I have it with a good crew, but it will be in garage and not gonna use it any more.

Ober__ #4 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57087 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
SirFoch has confirmed my opinition: https://www.youtube....h?v=Hc8A4eT1MKo

PepsiSan #5 Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:18 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 78517 battles
It's a dungheap. Can't spot (cammo sux), can't brawl (dispersion on the move means you almost guaranteed a miss), can't snipe (rng on accuracy is ridiculous). In short, a waste of xp and credits. WZ or T100 (suprisingly, soviet (or sovietbased) models....... are the only "proper" light tanks.

Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 42121 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I started working my way towards it - not sure I will bother now.

Azuria #7 Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 50712 battles

Having played around a Little bit with the T-100 LT, 13-105 as well as the RhmbPz I would say the RhmbPz is easier to play than the other two. Mostly because of the gun depression and gun handling is more like that of a normal tank. Easier doesn't necessarily mean "the best" once you master the different tanks of course.

The T-100 LT with it's low size and bad gun depression is very fiddly to play up close if there's rough terrain. It's also very different from the T54-lwt you've played before it.

The gun handling on the RhmbPz is getting some bad reviews it seems but personally I haven't had a problem with it. It's quite similar to the Ru-251, or even better, given the right Equipment.

What I'd say is the "secret weapon" if this light tank is the 120 pen 460 dmg HE shells it comes with. Really nice when you're able to hit things in the side or rear. Again very similar to what we find on the RU-251, but a little more punch.

All in all it comes down to what tanks suit you best, for me personally the RhmbPz delivers. The other two I have doesn't.

geoff99 #8 Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41539 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostAzuria, on 19 August 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Having played around a Little bit with the T-100 LT, 13-105 as well as the RhmbPz I would say the RhmbPz is easier to play than the other two. Mostly because of the gun depression and gun handling is more like that of a normal tank. Easier doesn't necessarily mean "the best" once you master the different tanks of course.

The T-100 LT with it's low size and bad gun depression is very fiddly to play up close if there's rough terrain. It's also very different from the T54-lwt you've played before it.

The gun handling on the RhmbPz is getting some bad reviews it seems but personally I haven't had a problem with it. It's quite similar to the Ru-251, or even better, given the right Equipment.

What I'd say is the "secret weapon" if this light tank is the 120 pen 460 dmg HE shells it comes with. Really nice when you're able to hit things in the side or rear. Again very similar to what we find on the RU-251, but a little more punch.

All in all it comes down to what tanks suit you best, for me personally the RhmbPz delivers. The other two I have doesn't.

Interesting. So it sounds like it will be worth playing after the buffs announced on TAP. I think. The alpha nerf looks effing stupid.

(https://thearmoredpa...ier-x-lt-buffs/)

Tepach_Svinja_Kaljavih #9 Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34307 battles

View PostOber__, on 08 June 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

don't waste a time to grind it. RU is worst light in tier IX, this scout far away from good in tier X. The gun hundling is like CDC- looks ok on paper, but to do snapshots is hard mission, you have to aim full and even after that a lot of shots goes no where. I have it with a good crew, but it will be in garage and not gonna use it any more.

RU is BEST light tank, not just in tier 8, but of them all. good gun, excellent acceleration, excellent speed, good view range, low profile, good cammo values, great HE shells, it have everything except armor, which is expected anyway. on the other hand rhm pzw, i do not stop spamming forum here, as well you tube videos how bad he is. Rhm Pzw have no cammo, its huge target, big NO-NO shooting on the move, when u stop u have to sit in front of enemy in paper tank for 6-7 for aiming circle to shrink to minimum, and even after that ull probably miss, and EVEN if u hit ull probably bounce. but hey, heres idea, lets take that s**t and reduce alpha damage in next patch, becouse if u nerf already crappy tank it becomes, wait, what, good? time for my female crew from there to change occupation to prostitution and for RHM continue collecting dust in garage, untill one day it will be inevitably sold for half of the silver invested returned.

voodoospirit #10 Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28457 battles
  • [PFDR] PFDR
i have huge troubles with this tank ( and i m a LT player), i get on the side or the roof often, bad aiming on the move ( shooting like a 152mm t49) , i will wait the next patch to play it again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users