Jump to content


WoT Eurocup 2017 - Questions & Answers Topic


  • Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

matte40 #361 Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:27 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17424 battles
  • 397
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012
You made it in the right way!! I'm actully proud of you guys.

VerticalBird_ #362 Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 22222 battles
  • 93
  • [RSOP] RSOP
  • Member since:
    03-12-2013

I'm gonna give out some feedback from my point of view. Just to make sure some of these things will get fixed at some point.

 

1. Tier8 is not good. Imo is that if you want to make a tournament for everyone, you should make it Tier6. If you want to make a tournament for top level players, it should be Tier10. Tier8 removed the will from a lot of players to participate instantly since the meta is really pay-to-win, anyway you look at it. I know many players who decided not to even take part because of the meta.

 

2. The rules should be CLEAR. Can you please hire a native english-speaker to do the rules next time. I think everyone who was playing at the European Playoffs can agree that it was completely stupid to see rules changed during tiebreakers and not telling how the Tournament Management System even works at tiebreakers.

 

3. All of the qualifiers(including nationals) should have the tiebreak system at the end of a 1:1 attack/defence game.

 

4. Switch the teams on stream. I was playing in the Finnish qualifiers and it was streamed. Then we were in the same group with Belgium and the game against them was also streamed. Then in the playoffs our game against Turkey was streamed and the semifinal and final were also streamed. Some teams like Bosnia didn't get streamed at all before the semifinal against us. I understand that there are higher level games and stuff but there might also be some tactical evolutions that the teams don't want to be leaked on stream all the time.

 

If someone who didn't succeed that well in this tournament might find something else to say, please do so. In my opinion, even though we made it to Gamescom again, this was way worse organized than last year.


Edited by VerticalBird_, 22 July 2017 - 07:35 PM.


UgLeeFook #363 Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17272 battles
  • 3
  • [1STD] 1STD
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

For the next time i would also like the rules to be clearer and battle dates set in stone in advance. 

(after we finished group stage it said that the battles will continue from 19-22.........we were on standby for 2 days prior to you announcing that the battles will be fought only on the 22 evening, like what?) same goes for the group stage, no clear dates were given when it will all start and such.

 

Dont let me get started on the scoring system that someone seemed to be manualy updating. First they didnt even count our wins and looses corectly then we had to ask to get it fixed, after that all scores such as 1:2 or 2:1 got changed to 0:2 and 2:0 ... like what ?    

 



matte40 #364 Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:17 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17424 battles
  • 397
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostVerticalBird_, on 22 July 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

I'm gonna give out some feedback from my point of view. Just to make sure some of these things will get fixed at some point.

 

1. Tier8 is not good. Imo is that if you want to make a tournament for everyone, you should make it Tier6. If you want to make a tournament for top level players, it should be Tier10. Tier8 removed the will from a lot of players to participate instantly since the meta is really pay-to-win, anyway you look at it. I know many players who decided not to even take part because of the meta.

 

2. The rules should be CLEAR. Can you please hire a native english-speaker to do the rules next time. I think everyone who was playing at the European Playoffs can agree that it was completely stupid to see rules changed during tiebreakers and not telling how the Tournament Management System even works at tiebreakers.

 

3. All of the qualifiers(including nationals) should have the tiebreak system at the end of a 1:1 attack/defence game.

 

4. Switch the teams on stream. I was playing in the Finnish qualifiers and it was streamed. Then we were in the same group with Belgium and the game against them was also streamed. Then in the playoffs our game against Turkey was streamed and the semifinal and final were also streamed. Some teams like Bosnia didn't get streamed at all before the semifinal against us. I understand that there are higher level games and stuff but there might also be some tactical evolutions that the teams don't want to be leaked on stream all the time.

 

If someone who didn't succeed that well in this tournament might find something else to say, please do so. In my opinion, even though we made it to Gamescom again, this was way worse organized than last year.

 

Couldn't agree more. The only thing that imo (from viewer's perspective, I didn't even play the tournament this year for the reason you said) was better were the streaming. Like last year it was only the Gamescom finals and even there it was QB...which is kinda meh. I liked mojo alot more since he knows something about competitive gaming in wot.

 

EDIT: well okay, seeding for the playoffs was better than last year and that you had even some kind of tiebreaker rule (altho it was very unclear). Still alot worse than last year.


Edited by matte40, 22 July 2017 - 10:28 PM.


piciu29 #365 Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 21614 battles
  • 7
  • [SN_RO] SN_RO
  • Member since:
    11-24-2012
What if in a tournament 3 vs 3 the team is confirmed but only one or two players are online when the battle start...they can still play in a team of two? Or will be a technical lose? Thanks!

Berbo #366 Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 29953 battles
  • 4,742
  • [F_T_B] F_T_B
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postmatte40, on 22 July 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

I didn't even play the tournament this year

 

View Postmatte40, on 22 July 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

Still alot worse than last year.

 

I'm trying to understand two very different sentences you mentioned. Firstly, it is hard for you to judge fully how the tournament was without even participating and if you based your opinion on what others said or because it was T8 then I'm not sure how relevant the feedback is.

 

My point is not to change your opinion nor to defend the organizer, I'll simply throw some of the facts to show you that this year was better than last year and by far.

I'll mention improvements for this year alone, without going deep into what was done last year:

- Full localization of the rules to all supported languages

- Removal of teams from a different country - this year this was done at the start, last year all teams played 10 games with people from a different country

- Less games - Groups of 10 were reduced to groups of 4

- Better rewards - Better gold rewards, better gamescom rewards, we even gave out WGL hoodie to winner national tournaments (over 100 players)

- Trophies for winners, medals and a lot of goodies for gamescom participants

- Streaming on 5 different occasions with coverage for English, Polish, German, Spanish and French, additional visibility on WoT Facebook, first time ever

- Introduction of tiebreaks

- Discord support

and more, there's no need to add more points as the point was pretty clear I would say.

 

Now on the downside:

- Tiebreaker didn't function the way we wanted, nor we explained it fully in the rules. We had one technical issue, it was fixed on a very next day. I can agree that the rules communication wasn't ideal and we need to improve on it.

- Broadcasting - issue by verticalbird of his team being covered is debatable. We broadcast good games and quality, we will not try to balance it out as some teams don't like to be broadcasted, nor because some teams like it.
The sole purpose of showing games is to present the content which is most engaging for the audience

- Tier 8 is not good - maybe, maybe not. This is completely debatable. If someone is protesting because they don't like the tier that cannot be a reason to say the whole tournament organization is way worse. In any way, I'm not going to into further detail about T8 as we'll digress a lot.

 

View PostVerticalBird_, on 22 July 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

this was way worse organized than last year.

 

I would honestly like you to compare all the points that you think were worse than last year, as I was in the same crew who did it this year and last year and after 5 days I still cannot figure out how come it's worse.
Apart from T8 which you didn't like and "tiebreak" shenanigans, I can't see other reason which would make you have a such opinion.

 

In any case, thank you both for taking time to reply and share your feedback. 

 

Best regards

 

View Postpiciu29, on 27 July 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

What if in a tournament 3 vs 3 the team is confirmed but only one or two players are online when the battle start...they can still play in a team of two? Or will be a technical lose? Thanks!

 

You can play even with 1

VerticalBird_ #367 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 22222 battles
  • 93
  • [RSOP] RSOP
  • Member since:
    03-12-2013

View PostBerbo, on 27 July 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

 

 

I would honestly like you to compare all the points that you think were worse than last year, as I was in the same crew who did it this year and last year and after 5 days I still cannot figure out how come it's worse.
Apart from T8 which you didn't like and "tiebreak" shenanigans, I can't see other reason which would make you have a such opinion.

 

 

My comment was more about the fact that this tournament had a lot of issues with unclear rules and tiebreaks that were not there last year at all. Last year everything seemed to run smoothly for the whole tournament. This time there were lots of good things ( tiebreaks,prizes and kinda streaming as well ) but it came with a cost of a tournament which was full chaos because nobody knew what is going to happen or how TMS works. 



Berbo #368 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 29953 battles
  • 4,742
  • [F_T_B] F_T_B
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View PostVerticalBird_, on 27 July 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

My comment was more about the fact that this tournament had a lot of issues with unclear rules and tiebreaks that were not there last year at all. Last year everything seemed to run smoothly for the whole tournament. This time there were lots of good things ( tiebreaks,prizes and kinda streaming as well ) but it came with a cost of a tournament which was full chaos because nobody knew what is going to happen or how TMS works. 

 

This could be easily solved with bo3 with no tiebreaker and only sides changing, so we can go back to old system in order to be all smooth.

Using it first time officially will always bring a high chance of malfunctions. Even though we tested it several times, it wasn't enough to prevent it.

 

So tiebreaker was good but brought a lot of unexpected complications, do you think it is worth to be kept in the future? Or you prefer the previous years system?

I'm simply trying to understand the full picture



matte40 #369 Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17424 battles
  • 397
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostBerbo, on 27 July 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

I'm trying to understand two very different sentences you mentioned. Firstly, it is hard for you to judge fully how the tournament was without even participating and if you based your opinion on what others said or because it was T8 then I'm not sure how relevant the feedback is.

 

My point is not to change your opinion nor to defend the organizer, I'll simply throw some of the facts to show you that this year was better than last year and by far.

I'll mention improvements for this year alone, without going deep into what was done last year:

- Full localization of the rules to all supported languages

- Removal of teams from a different country - this year this was done at the start, last year all teams played 10 games with people from a different country

- Less games - Groups of 10 were reduced to groups of 4

- Better rewards - Better gold rewards, better gamescom rewards, we even gave out WGL hoodie to winner national tournaments (over 100 players)

- Trophies for winners, medals and a lot of goodies for gamescom participants

- Streaming on 5 different occasions with coverage for English, Polish, German, Spanish and French, additional visibility on WoT Facebook, first time ever

- Introduction of tiebreaks

- Discord support

and more, there's no need to add more points as the point was pretty clear I would say.

 

Now on the downside:

- Tiebreaker didn't function the way we wanted, nor we explained it fully in the rules. We had one technical issue, it was fixed on a very next day. I can agree that the rules communication wasn't ideal and we need to improve on it.

- Broadcasting - issue by verticalbird of his team being covered is debatable. We broadcast good games and quality, we will not try to balance it out as some teams don't like to be broadcasted, nor because some teams like it.
The sole purpose of showing games is to present the content which is most engaging for the audience

- Tier 8 is not good - maybe, maybe not. This is completely debatable. If someone is protesting because they don't like the tier that cannot be a reason to say the whole tournament organization is way worse. In any way, I'm not going to into further detail about T8 as we'll digress a lot.

 

In any case, thank you both for taking time to reply and share your feedback. 

 

Best regards

 

The actual European championship final tournament was better than last year, which I pointed out on the feedback. Most of the points you said above are about the final tournament which a agree with you. Still most of the players didn't make it to the best 34 teams and I'm talking for the teams that only played the national qualifiers.

 

From the good things you pointed out only those 4 effects the average team (talked about the tierbreaker rule earlier). 1. Okay it's better than last year altho I guess most of the players understands English. 2. You removed the non-Finnish teams last year also, so not sure what you are talking about. 3. "Less games" I'm not sure what's the great thing about this? Surely you could make it straigh playoff so there would be as low amount of battles as possible. We get to play tournaments with all from the same country only once a year and I just absolutely loved to play the 9 battles last year, even without getting any prizes from it. 4. Discord support is good I guess but I haven't seen a reason for that.

 

Obviously the biggest downside is tier 8 and no matter how much you try to defend it all of us knows that it's the worst possible tier for a f2p tournament and the only reason you made it tier 8 is because you want quick winnings when everybody buys totally broken tier 8 premiums. By far from the view of balance tier 6 is the best and it's obviously alot more easy for beginners to get some tier 6 tanks. Like Verticalbird said if you want to make tournament for top players then you should make it tier 10 - which I'd be ok with but then again this tournament is not meant to be only for the best players isn't it?

 

I didn't play the tournament - because I saw it being tier 8. I have pointed out so many times that it's so garbage and have told the reason for it. I have played tier 8 tournaments before and I watched most of the streamed matches. I know it's garbage. When it's not possible to play competitive without having the premium tanks (Defender, Patriot, M41 GF, which I - or my team doesn't have) it made us not even play the tournament. And when the tier is so bad that many guys didn't even want to play (pretty sure most of the teams that played the tournament would have liked tier 6 more) I think it's fair to say the tournament was worse than last year. I never said tournament organization was worse, it was better, but tier 8 made the tournament itself worse than last year.

 

I'd like to keep up with the discussion now that you answered.


Edited by matte40, 27 July 2017 - 03:54 PM.


VerticalBird_ #370 Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:01 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 22222 battles
  • 93
  • [RSOP] RSOP
  • Member since:
    03-12-2013

View PostBerbo, on 27 July 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

Using it first time officially will always bring a high chance of malfunctions. 

 

So tiebreaker was good but brought a lot of unexpected complications, do you think it is worth to be kept in the future? Or you prefer the previous years system?

 

Next year you would not be using it the first time so it wóuld not bring those malfunctions. Right?  Ofc it's worth to keep in the future if your systems are competent enough to keep it running smoothly. Also, it should be clear to you and all the participants how it works and if it has a chance of malfunctioning there should be info about that as well. 

NL_Jens #371 Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27958 battles
  • 4
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    03-14-2014

Hello Wargaming,

I am sorry but I must have missed your mail containing the code for a free hoodie. 
I'm one of the players that won the National qualifiers in the European Championship. I'm NL_Jens from the winning Dutch team.

Can you please send me a new code for the hoodie because I still would like to get it.

Hope you can help me, if you need any more proof just let me know.

Thanks,
Jens



Berbo #372 Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:14 PM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 29953 battles
  • 4,742
  • [F_T_B] F_T_B
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View PostNL_Jens, on 01 August 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

Hello Wargaming,

I am sorry but I must have missed your mail containing the code for a free hoodie. 
I'm one of the players that won the National qualifiers in the European Championship. I'm NL_Jens from the winning Dutch team.

Can you please send me a new code for the hoodie because I still would like to get it.

Hope you can help me, if you need any more proof just let me know.

Thanks,
Jens

 

I will pass this info to the person responsible for sending of the codes. We should hopefully have more info next week, but in any case please be patient. All winners will get their codes :)

 

Cheers



NL_Jens #373 Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27958 battles
  • 4
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    03-14-2014

My parents had removed some emails without reading them to clear some space, one of them contained the code :(

I indeed hope I can get a new code. 

 

Thanks for the help! :)

 

Cheers



EscapeArtist #374 Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 9295 battles
  • 77
  • [BB4] BB4
  • Member since:
    12-30-2016
Nvm

Edited by EscapeArtist, 12 October 2017 - 07:28 AM.





5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users