Update 9.19: Interface Improvements

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Mike_Mckay #41 Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22715 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
A simple feature I would like is to be able to have a favourites list of tanks for ones I am focusing on at a given time rather than shrinking the list by tier, nation, tank type etc

Maybe just 10 tanks that can be selected 

​It would also be nice to be able to move a crew to another tank in one operation like we can on the console rather than having to send them to the barracks then select them from there, or an option to right click on a premium tank and select crew from several options like closest to earning a skill, highest amount of skills, lowest amount of skills etc and have it pick up any missing crew members from other compatible vehicles

​Then being able to return them either from the premium tank or the tank they were from with a right click selection as this would save valuable time when using personal boosts

​Although I have liked some of the new features like the reusable consumables I really cant see why the missions needed to be changed

​At most it could have tiered them, with active missions of each type being shown in a list at the top, and other missions that aren't available for that vehicle or until the x2 has been done being shown below but still just on the simpler single screen scrollable window. Seems like a lot of effort for no real gain as there wasn't anything wrong with the existing system yet many other things are in dire need of improvement

asari79 #42 Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31120 battles

I don´t undertsnad why WG hade to change the way we see missons.

Before it was all on 1 page and it was so clear and easy to see but now everything is just a mess.

It would be nice if they made patches to improve the game and not make it worse.

_LUL_ #43 Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:43 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9657 battles
  • [DWW_L] DWW_L

View Postasari79, on 01 June 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

I don´t undertsnad why WG hade to change the way we see missons.

Before it was all on 1 page and it was so clear and easy to see but now everything is just a mess.

It would be nice if they made patches to improve the game and not make it worse.

cause lately they like to Edited the game more than it already is

it almost seems like they want us to uninstall the game , i think it's a hidden message 

Edited by Asklepi0s, 02 June 2017 - 02:08 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

TozaVampir101 #44 Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12283 battles
Resolve MM as soon as possible. It is terrible. Especially for weekends. You cant put most of the good players in one team, and all others in second team... 

ibrox3 #45 Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68829 battles
  • [KUDOS] KUDOS

This mission interface is worse!

So you took up more of the screen to show less information!

I cannot follow it - I hate all the wasted space and the comment above is spot on - what tanks can I use for a mission?

It looks like a typical MS Office "improvement" they change stuff just to justify time and to get people to re-buy when in reality its cosmetic at best and un-useable at worst.

Sesrex #46 Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41094 battles
  • [K4E] K4E
Just roll back to 9.17.1 and give up this whole Rubicon 2.0 effort. I can barely bring myself to press battle any more :(

ibrox3 #47 Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68829 battles
  • [KUDOS] KUDOS

The I want my supply box -

1 - Click on get a summary of challenge.

2 - click small - get more pictures of summary of challenge

3 - Click seal token get an arrow and cryptic message

4 - Click arrow and get 1/10000 experience earned                      -   in What? Which tanks are eligible ? Do I have to finish in top 10?

By now I have had enough - I'm BORED already and I still have no idea.

Let alone clicking the medium box which gets me in a loop !

This is AWFUL

Do they not test this?

ibrox3 #48 Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68829 battles
  • [KUDOS] KUDOS

Then I have to click close to get rid of message

which just takes me back a step and I still have to click again to get rid of this crap

30 mins in and I have ranted on here instead of playing 1 battle

Total FAIL

Murici #49 Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 50231 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View Postscreendamage, on 31 May 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

I want a update where I can take of the minimap and put it on my second monitor screen, and also make it bigger on the second monitor... that would be nice, who can I talk to?

Also this sixth sense need to rework, going off when the last enemy is destroyed and you come near, 

Also It would be cool if you would have maps without base to cap, just search for the enemy and get destroyed 

U can make your minimap bigger with + - or whatever keys on your keyboard, figured it out. Sixth sense have 3s delay, that is fine because u need some skill to know when u are spotted to back off and hide your tank. Imagine instant sixth sense when u are spotted, makes no sense its like u want that your tank hides automaticly when u are spotted( there will be no skill involved). And finaly maps without bases, just wtf are u talking dude make your own game then, all the thinks that u were saying are just stupid.

Eaglax #50 Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19717 battles

I'm baffled how many people have problems with the new interface and instantly go to the forum and start whining instead of experimenting with it....everything is there..

1- simply click on missions directly in the garage

2- you have a simple oversight of the available missions, which you can minimize by clicking on the title. You can see how often you can do them and you can also see what you have to do, e.g. "0/10.000 exp earned" means...yes right...you have to earn 10.000exp. And "Seals 0/5" means, yes you are right again, you need 5 seals to complete the mission....You can also see the reward you will get, small hint, if you hoover over the symbol you will get information what it is exactly

3- you can click on each mission to see more details. e.g. click on "I want my supply box" => at the bottom of the pop-up you see a button called "selected for battle" with the current selected tank...hm...what might this be for....hm maybe for the vehicles you can do the missions in? and what a surprise, you can click on that => now you see what vehicles are suitable for this mission (for experts only: you can also tick the "available in garage" box or use the filter). And if you click on the vehicle you want, it is automatically selected and you can instantly click on battle.

4- if you click on "garage" at any point you will be brought to...guess..YES..the garage

Is it really that difficult? I wouldn't have a problem with people asking for help, even though it's fairly obvious if you experiment a few minutes (not 30...), but instantly whining?....don't get me wrong, I don't think it's perfect either, but imho it's far better than the old one

View PostTOFCG, on 01 June 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

A. Wow, supply box challenge is just bleuuur, I wasn't aware that people actually see them as something useful. What are the tokens for, btw, anyone know?

B. You are asking for useful information to be put in a logical place, at point of use. But the is WG, info will slowly be disseminated across the forums over the next few weeks. There will be multiple threads asking the same question but WG will ignore it in the next update, perhpas following current trends by giving us an 'interface upgrade we all asked' for that makes it even more obscure.

A.what are the tokens for? LOL:D did you even take a single look? it's obvious what they are for, does everyone need a 1000word explanation for everything nowadays? those boxes include 100%XP boosters for 2hours, and even if you only manage to get the small and medium box those boosters alone are worth 3300 gold, so yes, I do like the missions

B. Yes I do like useful information at a logical place, and I like it to be easy to read...so yes, I like the change, ofc it's not perfect, but imho better then before.

I don't understand what you mean by "info will disseminate across the forums", what info? and what same question will be asked? and what will WG ignore? And what the hell do you mean by an "interface upgrade", and who the hell wants that? As you can see I am a regular forum visitor, and I didn't come across any demand for an "interface upgrade"...

Edited by Eaglax, 01 June 2017 - 10:46 AM.

ibrox3 #51 Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68829 battles
  • [KUDOS] KUDOS

Eaglax - your diatribe has completely missed the point - this interface is touted as an "improvement"

Its got more pictures and less info

It takes longer to get to what you want

Its worse than before - NOT an improvement  END OF

Eaglax #52 Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:38 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19717 battles

ibrox3, diatribe? lol

that is only your opinion, imho it's definitely an improvement

the basic info is the same, you need only one click, which is on "missions" directly in the garage, to see what you have to do, or another click to get into the other missions tab.... I explained everything else you were not able to understand or didn't find (in 30 minutes...)

as said, I wouldn't have a problem with people asking for help, if they don't find something, but you instantly started whining and complaining about things which aren't even a problem (e.g. no option to see viable vehicles) or are just completely ridiculous (clicking 2-3 times:ohmy:), hence my "diatribe", an appropriate answer :)

if it is an improvement or not is a matter of opinion THE END!

Edited by Eaglax, 01 June 2017 - 11:39 AM.

Mike_Mckay #53 Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22715 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
As others have said, the view shows less, needs more clicks and is therefore a downgrade NOT an upgrade to a feature that didn't have anything wrong with it to begin with

​For example, when I looked last night it said I had 1 missions available, yet on the "new and improved" screen it showed NO available missions, and the one that was listed just said "unavailable" but didn't say why. On the previous system I would have not been told there were any missions as none were actually available, and if I had gone and looked at the list it would have actually said WHY it wasn't available

It would have been far less work and would have taken much less time to have just streamlined the existing system instead of completely designing, coding and testing an entirely new one.

​They could simply have made the mission information so it all fitted onto one screen for each mission, grouped active and available missions for the current tank at the top of the list in categories and then other missions that are for other vehicles further down in categories

​MUCH less work, MUCH less time, MORE information and fewer mouse clicks leaving all that unused time free for fixing things that actually didn't work instead of "breaking" something that worked fine

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 01 June 2017 - 11:40 AM.

Mike_Mckay #54 Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22715 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
Actually I think the biggest poke in the eye with s sharp stick to players is the matchmaking

​We had what I am sure took the devs a LOT of time to do, changes in the last update which admittedly were "better" but anything short of basing matchmaking on players skill level in the ACTUAL tank they are playing in is pretty worthless

​But low and behold, in this update we DO get decent matchmaking FINALLY.............BUT, its only for ranked battles lol   Edited ?????

​That was the ONLY change that was desperately needed all along to cut down on the 15:1 roflstomp games

Edited by Asklepi0s, 02 June 2017 - 02:10 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Ironbyron #55 Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22257 battles

what did you expected from useless developers 5 dollars of worth???

of course its crap....

i count at least 10 ppl there that needs to be fired asap... Pankov first of all....

Ashmodiel #56 Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30430 battles
  • [OSTPR] OSTPR

View Postqqq10, on 31 May 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

Please fire those morons responsible for the UI changes. First they make the tank stats window in the garage borderline useless, now they screw up the missions screen to be even more unreadable than it was before. What's next, giant rectangles for every icon, button and so on, windows 8 style? Cause you know, it's so 'modern' looking. I'm guessing they're the same idiots that decided to merge the auto aim and turret lock button, just so they could 'simplify' something that was perfectly fine before...

My thoughts exactly. What monumental moron is your UI designer? How, the hell, anyone can say that this new expandable option is easy and comfortable to use? Why, the hell, we have no choice and have to use that simplified crap design? I want to get option to keep "sophisticated" look like it was before and where I could see everything instantly.

Your new missions screen is unusable and unreadable. Dou you really pay authors of those changes or maybe they are students who are trying to get job in WG and there are contest for the most annoying "improvement"? Maybe give them quite interesting book Архипелаг ГУЛАГ by Solzhenitsyn as a small hint when they will end if they will keep failing that hard again.

2metragluposti #57 Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29252 battles
I hope you do realize that the mission interface on your webpage:

https://worldoftanks...event-june2017/

Is WAAAY better than the one in-game?

Edited by 2metragluposti, 01 June 2017 - 12:43 PM.

jusa691 #58 Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18841 battles
Omg this new MISSIONS tab sucks. Can't find anything in this mess. WG: less is more

sir_alex_ice #59 Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36610 battles
The new mission tabs suck, they are completely unintelligible and it is impossible to understand what you have to do and what are the requirements.

LK_4D4 #60 Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47277 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

no xwm  removal or private stats option? no arta class removal? no ammo/premium ammunition changes? no changes to op premiums? no solutions to real problems? no nothing? no matter how good those changes are you have bigger issues to solve so for me no to the game - it use to be fun but it is not currently.... appreciate efforts but focus somewhere else.

Edited by LK_4D4, 01 June 2017 - 05:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users