Daily Tournaments - Q&A - Post your questions here!

• Please log in to reply
2084 replies to this topic

voulezvous #1301 Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:50 PM

Community Team Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 17910 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postdude_from_RU_server, on 28 December 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

Hi! We need to swap one player in our team "ДОБРО ПОШЛО" (https://worldoftanks...eam/5000599707/) for "The Fearsome Trio 2017" tournament, but our commander already confirmed team and he is not able to write on forum for some reason (he made a ticket about it in support). So can you swap me (dude_from_RU_server) to another player, his nickname "_Mr_Bigglesworth_"(https://worldoftanks..._Bigglesworth_/)? Thank you!

done!

Uzbruceejs #1302 Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3083 battles

Hello!

How do you add a player in reserve slot like on a bench...??? If someone can't participate in tournament but that reserve player can play in his place...

With regards -

Uzbruceejs :)

Warfarl #1303 Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24308 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

Hey !

We were playing in the tournament "Fearsome trio" tonight and we lost in playoffs due to a draw. Ofc we won't complain about this, rules are the rules. Actually we used a heavy composition (2x T-150 & M6) against 2x T-34-85M & O-I. Well, I guess everyone doesn't care about the replay in itself ; but the fact is one of the enemy 85M ran away for at least 1:30 after we killed his mates. No time to cap, and obviously we weren't able to catch him once he got on the hill. You could guess we were a little bit frustrated because of that unfairplay behavior ; and we'd like to know if they are any plans, even possibilites, to avoid these situations in the future ? 

Thx 

Berbo #1304 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:13 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31807 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostUzbruceejs, on 29 December 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Hello!

How do you add a player in reserve slot like on a bench...??? If someone can't participate in tournament but that reserve player can play in his place...

With regards -

Uzbruceejs :)

Currently it's not possible. Only tournaments which last longer have substitutes. 

View PostWarfarl, on 29 December 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

Hey !

We were playing in the tournament "Fearsome trio" tonight and we lost in playoffs due to a draw. Ofc we won't complain about this, rules are the rules. Actually we used a heavy composition (2x T-150 & M6) against 2x T-34-85M & O-I. Well, I guess everyone doesn't care about the replay in itself ; but the fact is one of the enemy 85M ran away for at least 1:30 after we killed his mates. No time to cap, and obviously we weren't able to catch him once he got on the hill. You could guess we were a little bit frustrated because of that unfairplay behavior ; and we'd like to know if they are any plans, even possibilites, to avoid these situations in the future ? 

Thx 

Hey,

I understand your frustration, it's not cool not to win a game which you kind of "won". The fair play in this situation would suffice but unfortunately it didn't happen.

In ideal world, we would even review situations like this and manually award some teams with victory but it's simply not possible. We have some technical limitations which are preventing us to monitor games in detail. This should hopefully change this year. (no ETA yet)

We will most likely test shorter cap times to minimize the chances of this happening. For example if you could cap for 30 seconds, him running away wouldn't even matter.

Wish you all the best in future tournaments, I hope the next ones in new year will be more enjoyable. In any case, just a reminder, you can still grab some loot if you watch the stream. It's promising in regards to being fun and we'll give out loads and loads of goodies :)

Cheers!

matte40 #1305 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18831 battles

View PostWarfarl, on 29 December 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

Hey !

Thx 

If that was in the group stage then I think there's nothing wrong about running away. It's better for the team that runs away to get 1 point over 0 points. If that was in the playoffs, then, surely it was unsportsmanlike play because draw was bad for both of you.

But when you think about the situation, it's kinda unfair to play with 3 heavies on himmelsdorf. For a lighter setup it's very hard to play against you, and they have to  1) draw the match, or 2) fight against you and have a very little chance of winning. Now you may be thinking that why wouldn't they just pick 3 heavies? Well, that's because there's always gonna be those teams with fast tanks running away. My team plays a combination of heavies and fast tanks, because that way you can play against any kind of teams and it's hard for teams to draw against us. If you don't play this way I recommend not to complain about it, because playing with 3 heavies actully caused the draw for you.

matte40 #1306 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18831 battles

View PostBerbo, on 29 December 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

Currently it's not possible. Only tournaments which last longer have substitutes. 

Hey,

I understand your frustration, it's not cool not to win a game which you kind of "won". The fair play in this situation would suffice but unfortunately it didn't happen.

In ideal world, we would even review situations like this and manually award some teams with victory but it's simply not possible. We have some technical limitations which are preventing us to monitor games in detail. This should hopefully change this year. (no ETA yet)

We will most likely test shorter cap times to minimize the chances of this happening. For example if you could cap for 30 seconds, him running away wouldn't even matter.

Wish you all the best in future tournaments, I hope the next ones in new year will be more enjoyable. In any case, just a reminder, you can still grab some loot if you watch the stream. It's promising in regards to being fun and we'll give out loads and loads of goodies :)

Cheers!

I think 30 seconds is so little time that it will just make teams play close to the cap circle and actully cause even more draws when you can't use the whole map. Running away at the end is obviously a problem but I don't think it's too big of a problem to be solved like this. A better solution imo would be to limit the amount of heavies you can have on a match to 1. This wouldn't make lighter setups too scared to fight their opponents and in the end there's more fast tanks to kill the other fast tanks running away.

AlbertL612 #1307 Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8727 battles
  • [ARM] ARM
Why is this game so fuc king broken?

Warfarl #1308 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24308 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

View Postmatte40, on 29 December 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

If that was in the group stage then I think there's nothing wrong about running away. It's better for the team that runs away to get 1 point over 0 points. If that was in the playoffs, then, surely it was unsportsmanlike play because draw was bad for both of you.

But when you think about the situation, it's kinda unfair to play with 3 heavies on himmelsdorf. For a lighter setup it's very hard to play against you, and they have to  1) draw the match, or 2) fight against you and have a very little chance of winning. Now you may be thinking that why wouldn't they just pick 3 heavies? Well, that's because there's always gonna be those teams with fast tanks running away. My team plays a combination of heavies and fast tanks, because that way you can play against any kind of teams and it's hard for teams to draw against us. If you don't play this way I recommend not to complain about it, because playing with 3 heavies actully caused the draw for you.

I get your point, but I (as the "FC") had to deal with one of my mates' garage which solely contested in M6 & T37 (at TVI), I didn't want to pick up it cuz' I find it too fragile against those 85M's and other meds in this kind of map (especially Himmelsdorf) in which close quarter combat is prominent so M6 was the only option for us to have a "viable" (understand tryhard) composition. We faced a team two matches before which was really camping in Ruinberg in the obvious spot waitin' for us to come in, we could have won but our tanks were definitely too light (T-150 + HT n°VI + T37) so we decided to go heavier for the next ones. Moreover, I would like to clarify that we did not camp in A0 with our heavies, we actually took the hill and the enemy team fixed us for 2 minutes harassing us from below, so they did play very well until we wiped the cap [ cuz' their O-I made a really big mistake being out of position & crossfired] then the 85M's decided to run away. I blame them because they didn't even try to... win, in fact. I mean, yeah, it would have been (really ?) hard. But hell, two 85M's are a serious danger, even against heavies cuz' full APCR loadout. Maybe they could have ammorack me or my mates, maybe I would have bounced that shell and reducing the score to 1-1, maybe etc. Sometimes RNG can be very trollish, u know that as well ; there are sometimes turn of events, but you have to provoke them before ! 

​Otherwise, I fully agree with your statement (my example above) ; heavy teams are painful to play against. Then again, this is what we called "tryhard" ; and the prize pool, to be honest, is Worth the price (special event after all). I do not play CW, nor strongholds anymore, but who didn't meet those teams full Defender / 907 / [insert OP tank] ? In those games, do you guys run away because "ayyy, they have OP tanks, i can't do anything, this is unfair" ? I do not think so, at least I hope, you try your best to counter them, sometimes it is easy, sometimes it isn't ; sometimes you fail, sometimes you win, but even you've been defeated at least you go back to your garage thinking "we'll have them next time" (or you give your 907 a go, works as well ! :D)

GosuTactics #1309 Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 238 battles

Edited

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to spamming. 

Edited by VMX, 30 December 2017 - 03:23 PM.

AlbertL612 #1310 Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8727 battles
  • [ARM] ARM
When are you banning below 50% wr [edited]from using tds?

matte40 #1311 Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18831 battles

View PostAlbertL612, on 30 December 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

When are you banning below 50% wr [edited]from using tds?

Why would they do so? TDs are the most easiest tanks to play against.

SyntaxERROR69 #1312 Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22211 battles
  • [-PGC-] -PGC-
3 weeks later, still nothing about the tournament played on 9th of december?

SyntaxERROR69 #1313 Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22211 battles
  • [-PGC-] -PGC-
3 weeks later, still nothing about the tournament played on 9th of december?

__Leonidas_1__ #1314 Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
Buenas tardes.
El juego funciona perfectamente en partidas normales,creo que el juego debería mezclar a los jugadores en los torneos cómo lo hace en las partidas normales así se evitarían muchos problemas y se evitarían las eliminaciones por incomparecencia

Saludos!

__Leonidas_1__ #1315 Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
Buenas tardes otra vez :(
El traductor me la ha jugado.
A lo que me refería es que estaría genial que el juego seleccionará a los jugadores como lo hace en las partidas normales de esta manera se evitarían muchos problemas.
Gracias y Feliz año Comandantes!!!.

patrikos68 #1316 Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 53444 battles
  • [CZSL] CZSL
Its been almost a month and we still have no info about 9th december tournament. Keep it like this guys :facepalm:

Kusamek #1317 Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14164 battles
  • [BBB] BBB

How can i invite reservist to my team ?

_Z3cke_ #1318 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15806 battles

Hey everyone,

I have to make a complaint about the 1v1 tournaments.You sit there and literally play for hours and hours and if u made your way to the finals both players lose because there is one game where we cant find each other in the short 7 minutes???Or when someone in playoffs runs away to not get killed and you lose because of this?Its unbelievable frustrating and i would wish wg to make a move and chance something about it.Would it hurt to at least introduce additional games in the finals to have a clear winner and not 2 losers?Tell me any other game in which you stand in the finals and both contrahents lose?

I think many players out there have the same problem and i hope together we can change something there:)

Greetings

Z3cke

Crasherk1l #1319 Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17113 battles
  • [CZSL] CZSL
Whats up guys? Still sleeping? Do you think we forgot tournament from 9th December? I think you forgot to do something. I can send questions on support every day if you want.

HEY! ANY NEWS ABOUT TOURNAMENT FROM 9TH? HOW LONG WILL WE WAIT UNTIL YOU DO SOMETHING? ITS NEW YEAR AND THIS PROBLEM WASNT SOLVED. I AM SO FEKING ANGRY THAT I USED CAPSLOCK. ANY ADMINS HERE? I DONT WANT TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE SOLVING THIS, BUT THAT YOU SOLVED THIS. 

Edited by Daxeno, 11 January 2018 - 10:50 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to use of the red color

patrikos68 #1320 Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 53444 battles
  • [CZSL] CZSL

View PostCrasherk1l, on 05 January 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

HEY! ANY NEWS ABOUT TOURNAMENT FROM 9TH? HOW LONG WILL WE WAIT UNTIL YOU DO SOMETHING? ITS NEW YEAR AND THIS PROBLEM WASNT SOLVED. I AM SO FEKING ANGRY THAT I USED CAPSLOCK. ANY ADMINS HERE? I DONT WANT TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE SOLVING THIS, BUT THAT YOU SOLVED THIS.

MAYBE WE SHOULD SEND A TICKET EVERY DAY TO SUPPORT ?! GOD DAMN THIS GAME NEEDS SERB BACK IN OFFICE ASAP ! Posted Image

Edited by Daxeno, 11 January 2018 - 10:51 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to use of the red color

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users