Daily Tournaments - Q&A - Post your questions here!

• Please log in to reply
2244 replies to this topic

Objec7 #2201 Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13888 battles
  • [AVENG] AVENG

View PostBerbo, on 01 June 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

Hello :)

Feel free to ask any question you may have regarding daily tournaments.

What we can help you with here:

- General questions about tournaments

- Change team members in case someone can't attend during the registration

What we will not help you with:

- Change members during the tournament or after the registration is closed

- Reply on PMs regarding tournaments, all questions must be posted here

- We will not change team names, be careful when naming your team

- We will not answer questions which aren't related to tournaments such as can you buff or nerf X tank, or when the CW campaign start etc.

Cheers!

Increase reward pool, group stage rewards are no needed but higher rewards for top places would be good motivation to play those. Just make rewards x1.5 or something, atm they are just way too low to it to be worth it as you will spend a lot credits as well. And add variety to team sizes and tiers.

Edit: And you could add achievable badges from those tournaments for top 3 places, right? I am sure that would motivate me to play those more.

Edited by Objec7, 19 February 2019 - 10:42 AM.

OlafDark #2202 Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34049 battles
  • [HUGO] HUGO
Hello. When will you start giving rewards for group stage again? :-)

Edited by OlafDark, 21 February 2019 - 04:11 PM.

pendola #2203 Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20952 battles
This 2v2 tier 6 tournament that shold br today in 7 oclock is still open for registration and it says that it will be open for registration for 3 days and groups still arenot formed so will somebody fix that thing

xX_Chicken_For_Life_Xx #2204 Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27555 battles
  • [TRTD] TRTD

View Postpendola, on 22 February 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

This 2v2 tier 6 tournament that shold br today in 7 oclock is still open for registration and it says that it will be open for registration for 3 days and groups still arenot formed so will somebody fix that thing

++

bartek1400 #2205 Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 45885 battles
  • [DEAF-] DEAF-

View PostxX_Chicken_For_Life_Xx, on 22 February 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

++

+++

bartek1400 #2206 Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 45885 battles
  • [DEAF-] DEAF-
Nice timing WG xD

Great_master__PARIA #2207 Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10722 battles
  • [RSPWN] RSPWN

hey,

im in group 7 where a guy has the name CANCER V2 and i dont think thats good manor.

https://worldoftanks...nts/5000001246/

MessiahDML77 #2208 Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13661 battles
  • [-P_H-] -P_H-
After registered our group for tournament 2v2 Tier VI - 19:00 CET - February #3 Fri. GROUP STAGE with info on webpage that it will be 22.02.2019 it was not happened. Time for registration still was 3 days, so we thought that is small mistake and it will be in monday. OK. But at evening we checked that and SURPRISE. Tournament happened at noon that day. MONDAY NOON. Are you idiots? No more tournaments.

CLRG #2209 Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:22 PM

eSports Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 864 battles

Hello everyone,

We will perform an update of the TMS on 26.02. For this reason all the scheduled tournament for the day are unfortunately canceled. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

OlafDark #2210 Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34049 battles
  • [HUGO] HUGO
What is that "TMS" I want to kick it... :-) Pity you did not know about this update sooner...

thePhilX #2211 Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 26270 battles
  • [BLIEV] BLIEV
"TMS" = Tournament Management System ;)

haribegovic36 #2212 Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20929 battles
  • [G___B] G___B

https://worldoftanks...eam/5000890231/

can you please change players: 

out:  bosnian_chelincki

in: speedfighter_hero

thank you very much.

sulika1 #2213 Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25469 battles
  • [ZAROX] ZAROX
My problem is that the commander : _vince2511_ of the tournaments that we had to play can not be present and I would like to replace him after the player whose pseudonime is Oricy12 here is the link of the tournaments https://worldoftanks...nts/5000001261/ and this is the name of the groupe EZclap

K_O_N_R_A_D #2214 Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19091 battles
  • [INVIL] INVIL
Maybe 5v5 tournaments again?

inykokso #2215 Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34002 battles
  • [VYPIT] VYPIT

hi

can u shorten time needed for cap ? at least in 1vs1 tournament

i just had game in medium kicked [edited]to light t71 , he unloaded amunition and run ,then hiding for rest of the game

wtf should i do when there is no time to cap ????

nibsnipy #2216 Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40692 battles
  • [V_R] V_R

hi,

we applied for the 2v2 tier4 but we had a technical defeat even when we where standing ready in the right colom for this match.

how is this possible?

-> to late now, tournament is allready lost before you event respond on it. for 3 years i am playing your tournaments allready and still you cant get it all fixed????

Edited by nibsnipy, 12 March 2019 - 03:21 PM.

kalevi123 #2217 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34492 battles
  • [PR-22] PR-22

Hello! 

Do you have plans to change tournament structure? Current 3 matches in groups and playoffs after that is not very pleasant to play. Groupstage is pointless in my opinion as not enough teams are cut away before playoffs. After that there is still many playoff games before any prizes.

A few years ago tournaments had only a group stage. Groups used to have 10 teams each and there was prizes for top 4(?) in the group. Is it possible to have also this kind of tournaments? 

haribegovic36 #2218 Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20929 battles
  • [G___B] G___B
hey guys, what is happening with tournaments this week.. yesterday we didnt have 3v3 4 tier... today no 2v2 4 tier, 2v2 7 tier, and 3v3 7 tier ... tomorrow I dont see 1v1 4 tier.. soo some changes or just bugs ?

Aubury #2219 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27448 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Hello

Before I start complaining, please note that I am overall rather pleased about the current tournament system (It's FAR better than it used to be, credits where credit is due). However, there are still some glaring issues that have been around for multiple years now. I will list my complaints and then list my questions for you (trying to stay on topic :)).

1. 11/03/2019 - 15/03/2019 There seem to have been some unannounced issues :trollface: with the Tournament Management System.

Not only are certain tournaments simply NOT being created, ALL tournaments on wednesday 13th and thursday 14th started 10 minutes before the hour.

On top of that, the first Special Battles of these tournaments popped with less than 5 minutes remaining, meaning that if you happened to be in a Random or Frontline Battle, you were basically screwed for the entire tournament.

EDIT: The tier X 2v2 tournament started an hour too late.

2. Too many technicals... There is an overabundance of players signing up for tournaments and then NOT playing.

Since there is no penalty for receiving a Technical Defeat, there is absolutely NO reason for your casual tournament player to not sign up.

Technical Victories are boring and are a waste of the winning player's time. Why would you even bother with a group stage if 50% of the battles are Technical Victories?

Have a look at Group 20 of this tournament. https://worldoftanks.eu/en/tournaments/5000001360/ I asked KhaaLer1n0 from team 222222 and he told me that all three of his battles were Technical Victories. This is obviously an extreme case where three AFK players continued to the Play-offs, but this also highlights how irrelevant the Group Stage currently is as it only acts as a filter for Technical Victories.

3. Overlapping battles This issue is actually a result of other issues mentioned in this post.

Players who don't show up are making the tournament last one or two rounds longer than it needs to, meaning that the finals battles of one tournament usually end up overlapping with the group stage of the next tournament.

This is annoying if you promised to play the 2v2 tournament with your friend, but you have to play the (semi-)finals of the 1v1 tournament instead. I'm not sure why, but recently the Play-offs have been starting closer to the end of the Group Stage, which is a good thing, obviously.

But, I can't help but feel that there is more time to be saved here. Overall, shorter tournaments would make them more attractive, right?

4. Encounter capture time LOL. There is a literally a thread in the Daily Tournaments section of the Tournament Zone where you promised that starting from february 2019 you would shorten the time required to capture a base in these tournaments.

Yes, you have done this in certain tournaments and in your defence, you haven't really received any feedback about this because casual tournament players simply don't care enough. So...

This is a good change and I'm glad you've taken steps to address this, but 4 minutes to cap a base on Himmelsdorf in a 7 minute battle is... problematic.

5. Too many draws Draws can occur because of multiple reasons.

The most common one is "if I can't win, you won't win either!":trollface: I don't need to explain how problematic this kind of spiteful behaviour is during the Play-offs.

And miss me with the "just cap then LOL" comments. In 1v1, you can guarantee a draw by doing nothing for the first 3 minutes of the game, then actually moving in for resets IF your opponent is capping and then running away again for another 3 minutes.

Fun, eh?

QUESTION TIME Complaint X = Question X, Complaint Y = Question Y, etc...

1. What actually went wrong this week? I can understand that it's a dreadful task to make everything go smooth, and sometimes these issues are caused by the TMS. Has this happened before? Will this happen again?

2. Have there been ideas for a penalty system? Have you considered holding a 1-round Play-off BEFORE the Group Stage to make the Group Stage more meaningful?

3. Are there plans to have 6 battles/hr instead of just 5? Is there a TMS limitation preventing this?

4. When will you add shorter capture times to ALL tournaments? I suggest 100 seconds for 1v1, 200 seconds for 2v2 and 3v3.

5. When will you add shorter capture times to ALL tournaments? I suggest 100 seconds for 1v1, 200 seconds for 2v2 and 3v3. (Yes, I think these issues are related)

Thank you for your time

Aubury

EDIT: Clarified relation between complaints and questions + fixed some typos

Edited by Aubury, 15 March 2019 - 09:05 AM.

CLRG #2220 Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:04 PM

eSports Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 864 battles

Hello guys,

First of all thank you for posting your questions and feedback here. In particular thank you Aubury for your detailed post.

I regret that I was not able to communicate more on this thread the past few weeks, this is mostly due to a busy schedule with multiple projects and clan events to organise (Soldiers of Fortune, showmatches and other yet unannounced competitions). I have also made changes to the daily tournaments schedule and settings but found no time to actively communicate about them, so here I will attempt to correct this and be as transparent as I can.  

The disruptions to some of the tournaments this week were due to a new rotation I am in the process of implementing. To be blunt, I simply wasn’t able to create all of the tournaments of Wednesday and Thursday in time. There is a reason for this. As you may know, I have often stated here that I wanted to organise more weekend tournaments. So I am happy to say that there will now be at least 6 high tier tournaments every Saturday and Sunday, starting this weekend.

Indeed, the tournaments started 10 minutes earlier than the indicated time this week. This was not expected but is due to a change I made in the settings after an update of our tournament management system. It is likely to remain this way at least for the time being. There is, again, an upside to this, which is that we should not experience some of the tournament failures and incidents that were reported here since January. I am considering either changing the settings or simply updating the rules to make the players aware of this and get ready 10 minutes before.

Tier IV tournaments were not in the rotation this week, but they will be back soon, most likely at 15:00 CET, Mondays to Fridays.

It has also been a little while there were 5v5 tournaments. The main reason for this is that there were not enough participants in the last editions. However, by setting these series up on weekend days I hope to stir more interest to justify a permanent presence in the rotation. My current plan is to have 5v5 competitions set every Saturday and Sunday at 15:00 CET, starting at some point in April.

Regarding the number of absent players, the concerns are valid. There is simply no way for me to enforce a fair penalty for the players who register but do not play. One possible action to reduce/prevent this situation, which is being tried at the moment, is to shorten the registration period to 2 days. It is not a great solution by any means, but a player is more likely to be available for the tournament he just signed up for, than for a tournament he registered to five or six days ago. Shortening the registration also has the additional benefit of keeping the tournament section on the portal “clean” from finished or upcoming tournaments, as only the open registrations are shown. While on the topic of this tournament section on the portal, I have recently requested a refresh of the tournament visuals – logos and layouts. In the meantime, please bear with the ugly blue logos. 

Several players have mentioned that they would prefer for the group stage to disappear. I hear you, but the straight up, easy answer is no, unfortunately, the group stage will not disappear anytime soon. There are a couple of internal reasons why, but mainly, to keep the competitive eco system balanced. What I can say however is that the player experience is a core concern to us, so we will work towards making these group stages more competitive and more enjoyable.

Concerning overlapping battles, the concerns are valid, although this logically will only affect a few people. Our answer to this has always been the same – we do not intend for every player to be able to play every single tournament, especially as we offer more and more of them. We jumped from 9 tournaments / week in 2018 to 21 tournaments per week at the moment, and it will likely be 28 or more soon. So yes, sometimes it will overlap if you reach the final stages, but on the other hand you will have more and more opportunities to play. Another answer to this is that we have already shortened the duration to the best of our capability, technically speaking. Shortening the delays more than this makes the system less reliable, meaning more technical incidents, which is ultimately a no go. We may attempt to offer more varied starting times or have earlier and later tournaments in the future. Currently, 2v2 Tier X are set to start at 20:00 instead of 19:00. I will check how that later start affects participation. So this all is in my mind but not a current priority. Also, somewhere down the line, I would like to mix the Tiers and format completely (for example, not having 3v3 Tier X at the same hour on the same specific days, etc).

Now, the capture time question is a real problem. Playing for a draw is obviously not the spirit of a competition. It is something I have wanted to address and already started working towards a resolution since January. You can expect March to retain the same times. As for April and later, the topic is currently on the table. Not much for me to add on this topic just yet.

I believe this addresses the current points you all recently brought up. There are always improvements to be made to the tournament scene, and there will, no doubt, be other issues and points of discussion in the future, but no matter what, I assure you it is taken seriously over here. Personally I believe the feedback of the community is essential and this is why I once again thank you for taking some valuable time to write your queries and complaints here.

Best of luck on the field! 

Edited by CLRG, 15 March 2019 - 02:08 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users