Daily Tournaments - Q&A - Post your questions here!

• Please log in to reply
2270 replies to this topic

TijgernootTank #2241 Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51656 battles
  • [TOURN] TOURN

View PostCLRG, on 15 March 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

Hello guys,

First of all thank you for posting your questions and feedback here. In particular thank you Aubury for your detailed post.

I regret that I was not able to communicate more on this thread the past few weeks, this is mostly due to a busy schedule with multiple projects and clan events to organise (Soldiers of Fortune, showmatches and other yet unannounced competitions). I have also made changes to the daily tournaments schedule and settings but found no time to actively communicate about them, so here I will attempt to correct this and be as transparent as I can.  

The disruptions to some of the tournaments this week were due to a new rotation I am in the process of implementing. To be blunt, I simply wasn’t able to create all of the tournaments of Wednesday and Thursday in time. There is a reason for this. As you may know, I have often stated here that I wanted to organise more weekend tournaments. So I am happy to say that there will now be at least 6 high tier tournaments every Saturday and Sunday, starting this weekend.

Indeed, the tournaments started 10 minutes earlier than the indicated time this week. This was not expected but is due to a change I made in the settings after an update of our tournament management system. It is likely to remain this way at least for the time being. There is, again, an upside to this, which is that we should not experience some of the tournament failures and incidents that were reported here since January. I am considering either changing the settings or simply updating the rules to make the players aware of this and get ready 10 minutes before.

Tier IV tournaments were not in the rotation this week, but they will be back soon, most likely at 15:00 CET, Mondays to Fridays.

It has also been a little while there were 5v5 tournaments. The main reason for this is that there were not enough participants in the last editions. However, by setting these series up on weekend days I hope to stir more interest to justify a permanent presence in the rotation. My current plan is to have 5v5 competitions set every Saturday and Sunday at 15:00 CET, starting at some point in April.

Regarding the number of absent players, the concerns are valid. There is simply no way for me to enforce a fair penalty for the players who register but do not play. One possible action to reduce/prevent this situation, which is being tried at the moment, is to shorten the registration period to 2 days. It is not a great solution by any means, but a player is more likely to be available for the tournament he just signed up for, than for a tournament he registered to five or six days ago. Shortening the registration also has the additional benefit of keeping the tournament section on the portal “clean” from finished or upcoming tournaments, as only the open registrations are shown. While on the topic of this tournament section on the portal, I have recently requested a refresh of the tournament visuals – logos and layouts. In the meantime, please bear with the ugly blue logos. 

Several players have mentioned that they would prefer for the group stage to disappear. I hear you, but the straight up, easy answer is no, unfortunately, the group stage will not disappear anytime soon. There are a couple of internal reasons why, but mainly, to keep the competitive eco system balanced. What I can say however is that the player experience is a core concern to us, so we will work towards making these group stages more competitive and more enjoyable.

Concerning overlapping battles, the concerns are valid, although this logically will only affect a few people. Our answer to this has always been the same – we do not intend for every player to be able to play every single tournament, especially as we offer more and more of them. We jumped from 9 tournaments / week in 2018 to 21 tournaments per week at the moment, and it will likely be 28 or more soon. So yes, sometimes it will overlap if you reach the final stages, but on the other hand you will have more and more opportunities to play. Another answer to this is that we have already shortened the duration to the best of our capability, technically speaking. Shortening the delays more than this makes the system less reliable, meaning more technical incidents, which is ultimately a no go. We may attempt to offer more varied starting times or have earlier and later tournaments in the future. Currently, 2v2 Tier X are set to start at 20:00 instead of 19:00. I will check how that later start affects participation. So this all is in my mind but not a current priority. Also, somewhere down the line, I would like to mix the Tiers and format completely (for example, not having 3v3 Tier X at the same hour on the same specific days, etc).

Now, the capture time question is a real problem. Playing for a draw is obviously not the spirit of a competition. It is something I have wanted to address and already started working towards a resolution since January. You can expect March to retain the same times. As for April and later, the topic is currently on the table. Not much for me to add on this topic just yet.

I believe this addresses the current points you all recently brought up. There are always improvements to be made to the tournament scene, and there will, no doubt, be other issues and points of discussion in the future, but no matter what, I assure you it is taken seriously over here. Personally I believe the feedback of the community is essential and this is why I once again thank you for taking some valuable time to write your queries and complaints here.

Best of luck on the field! 

Reading this it really makes me wonder , there is only one guy working at WG concerning tournaments ?

And he was so busy with multiple projects that he was not even able to communicate on forum for a few weeks ????

How much time it takes to give some info on forum .

Even knowing tournaments will start 10 minutes earlier then advertised , it seems there just was no time to communicate .

Can WG start try take their own tournaments serious again ??  Please  ??

When u mention u want to stir more intrest to tournaments , maybe take in account the prize pool and some other stuff.

U had better formats in the past but i understand u say now u will work towards making the group fase more competitive and enjoyable .

Can u just take the effort to look back at situation before introduction tournaments 2.0 and all changes that have been made since that time .

Can somebody double check the tournament schedule before releasing so it will contain less errors ?

Can a number of tournaments that ended in 2017 and 2018 be removed so they dont keep showing up in tournament search ?

Wot euro cup 2017 , some 1 vs 1 august 2017 , and others still show up in results.

Maybe the esport content manager can get some assistance so normal communication is possible .

There could be lot more to say but lets leave it at this .

stefanti #2242 Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34309 battles
  • [_A-G_] _A-G_

Hi,

In today's (23.3.2019) "1v1 Tier VIII - 17:00 CET - N°3" tournament, the playoff battles had a duration of only 5 minutes, as opposed to the ususal 7 minutes (which are still listed in the tournament description: "Battle duration: 7 minutes.") at https://worldoftanks.eu/de/tournaments/5000001382/.

I'm not sure whether it was also the case for the group stage battles.

5 minutes battle time with over 4 minutes cap time on maps like Wadi renders any attempt at capping moot (even if it's just to put yourself on the plate in order to draw out the opponent).

Is this an error? If yes, please correct it. If no, please lower capping time and update the tournament description.

Regards,

Stefan

CLRG #2243 Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:57 PM

eSports Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 864 battles

View Poststefanti, on 23 March 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

Hi,

In today's (23.3.2019) "1v1 Tier VIII - 17:00 CET - N°3" tournament, the playoff battles had a duration of only 5 minutes, as opposed to the ususal 7 minutes (which are still listed in the tournament description: "Battle duration: 7 minutes.") at https://worldoftanks.eu/de/tournaments/5000001382/.

I'm not sure whether it was also the case for the group stage battles.

5 minutes battle time with over 4 minutes cap time on maps like Wadi renders any attempt at capping moot (even if it's just to put yourself on the plate in order to draw out the opponent).

Is this an error? If yes, please correct it. If no, please lower capping time and update the tournament description.

Regards,

Stefan

Thank you Stefanti, that was corrected. 

TijgernootTank #2244 Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51656 battles
  • [TOURN] TOURN

Stop messing up so there is no need to correct stuff all the time .

Double check before posting on tournament list.

Are u even aware how often there are mistakes in the details ?

Is it normal that in tournament search i still get in the results first a bunch of tourneys that are finished 2 years ago ?

Fix that start time -- its amazingly bad way to run tournaments .

A new tournament management system should not cause these kind of problems .

There are not that many forum active players that still care about tournaments , is why the amount of comments is still low compaired to the amount of nonsense that keeps happening regarding tournaments .

As stated in earlier post u should go back to situation before introduction tournaments 2.0 , and then note down all the changes in formats and rewards  , to maybe get a clue what u are doing when trying to spice things up for the group fase .

cro001 #2245 Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:54 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32010 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Nice job on those tournaments. I joined one to try it out, apparently starting time of 19:00 CET means 18:50 in WG's world! Luckily rewards are trash so nothing of value was lost.

Lancelot0310 #2246 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31966 battles
  • [_T-R_] _T-R_

Wie kann es sein das Heute ein 8`er Turnier 3 vs. 3 um 21 Uhr ausgeschrieben ist , aber schon um 20:50 Uhr startet , sodass mein Team noch nicht komplett war, sowas verdirbt einem dem Spass an Turnieren gewaltig und macht mich ein wenig sauer. Desweiteren sollte ma in Turnieren Stufen einführen ... z.B   Bis zu einer persönlichen Wertung von 6000 und ab 6000 damit auch mal die etwas schlechteren Spieler eine Chance haben.

MFG

Lancelot0310

CLRG #2247 Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:29 AM

eSports Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 864 battles

Hello,

a correction has been applied and the players should no longer experience a situation where the tournaments start a few minutes earlier than the official start time. 

Melonenkrieg #2248 Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44989 battles
  • [JUST] JUST

hello Wargaming,

at the battle today i dont have become enough gold I only become 600 and not 800

Kommandant! Sie haben am Turnier „“ teilgenommen, das am 28.03.2019 endete. Sie haben im  Platz 2 erreicht und erhalten Gold: 600. Vielen Dank für Ihre Teilnahme und viel Erfolg im nächsten Turnier!

DeZz__ #2249 Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21391 battles
  • [NOBAD] NOBAD
Hi
I took 4th place in the tournament. Where it says: "3rd-4th place:
600 gold "
And I received only 400 gold.
Here's the message I received
Commander! You participated in the tournament, which ended 2019-03-28. You took 4, for which you get Gold: 400. Thank you for your participation and good luck in the next tournaments.

I am asking for help, because I was scammed by 200 gold 

I have ss if you want i can send

Edited by DeZz__, 28 March 2019 - 10:24 PM.

Lancelot0310 #2250 Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31966 battles
  • [_T-R_] _T-R_

Man sollte die Turniere in 2 Gruppen aufteilen, z.b bis 6000 Pers. Wertung und ab 6000 , damit auch nicht so gute Spieler mal ne Chance haben was zu Gewinnen. 

Mit freundlichen Grüßen 

lancelot0310

CLRG #2251 Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:34 AM

eSports Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 864 battles

View PostMelonenkrieg, on 28 March 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

hello Wargaming,

at the battle today i dont have become enough gold I only become 600 and not 800

Kommandant! Sie haben am Turnier „“ teilgenommen, das am 28.03.2019 endete. Sie haben im  Platz 2 erreicht und erhalten Gold: 600. Vielen Dank für Ihre Teilnahme und viel Erfolg im nächsten Turnier!

View PostDeZz__, on 28 March 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

Hi
I took 4th place in the tournament. Where it says: "3rd-4th place:
600 gold "
And I received only 400 gold.
Here's the message I received
Commander! You participated in the tournament, which ended 2019-03-28. You took 4, for which you get Gold: 400. Thank you for your participation and good luck in the next tournaments.

I am asking for help, because I was scammed by 200 gold 

I have ss if you want i can send

View PostLancelot0310, on 28 March 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

Man sollte die Turniere in 2 Gruppen aufteilen, z.b bis 6000 Pers. Wertung und ab 6000 , damit auch nicht so gute Spieler mal ne Chance haben was zu Gewinnen. 

Mit freundlichen Grüßen 

lancelot0310

Hello guys,

I will look into it, though it seems that the received prizes are correct. It is possible that the announcement was wrong. 

Cro_X_ #2252 Posted 31 March 2019 - 02:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6903 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

mmmWho will compensate me for my time and everything else

Arczan #2253 Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26591 battles

I want to report cheater (probably).

http://wotreplays.eu...arczan-cromwell

It was at Daily Turnament 1.04.2019 17:00 CEST.

Edited by Arczan, 01 April 2019 - 04:37 PM.

DrunkSkills #2254 Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4908 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
** joke tournament system, playoff battle apears 10seconds before battle starts, couldnt click fast enought to ready up tank, and get a draw. WG typical stuff.

MakuIV #2255 Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14697 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostArczan, on 01 April 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

I want to report cheater (probably).

http://wotreplays.eu...arczan-cromwell

It was at Daily Turnament 1.04.2019 17:00 CEST.

What kind of cheats? 

TijgernootTank #2256 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51656 battles
  • [TOURN] TOURN

View PostCLRG, on 29 March 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

Hello guys,

I will look into it, though it seems that the received prizes are correct. It is possible that the announcement was wrong. 

Yes , it is very much possible the anouncement was wrong , as this happens al the time .

Thats why i have been posting couple times that it may be usefull to double check before posting any tournament anouncement as

there is something wrong a lot of the time .

Since u mess up i think its fair to compensate these players that got less gold rewarded then anounced .

CLRG , u need be aware only a fraction of the players will post on forum .

Players have problems in tourneys but wont bother to post on forum .

The way the tourneys have been run lately is an excellent way to loose players , as many wont play anymore after a couple of mistakes in starting times and descriptions of tournaments .

U need take this very much in account when looking at numbers to see how popular tournaments are with players .

In Q&A with developers i read that esports was mistake and will only put more effort in if tournament scene is " booming " .

Well with these awards and the way tournament are run , u can rest assured this will never happen .

So resources can be used to keep on perfecting the main game .

Its almost like deliberate mishandling the tournaments , just to not put any effort in any more .

Arczan #2257 Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26591 battles

View PostMakuIV, on 02 April 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

What kind of cheats? 

Aimbot

mariosraiders #2258 Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13086 battles
Can you participate with a rental tank?

Erich_von_Mastein #2259 Posted 05 April 2019 - 02:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19883 battles
  • [TOWI] TOWI

Omylem jsem potvrdil sestavu.

3TDG Elite

Vyloucit SuTech_N7 nahradnik Leost69

https://worldoftanks...eam/5000909331/

Arczan #2260 Posted 05 April 2019 - 07:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26591 battles

Next cheater at turnament! MORE! MORE MORE MORE! WG BE PASSIVE! DON'T BAN HIM! HE HAS GOOD MODS! F***** M*****

http://wotreplays.eu...arczan-t-34-85m

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users