• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

pecopad #81 Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25437 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostAchibot, on 02 June 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

I really think you can safely ignore people who think the spots shouldn't be blocked, obviously the maps should be balanced, claiming otherwise is just trolling, be it ignorance or misanthropy.

However, as long as these spots are in the game and other people can use them on me I will use them on other people when I feel it's strategically justified to do so. Now, as I don't play Swedish TD's it's rarely the right choice for my tank, but when it is so be it. Better it wasn't an option for anyone but it is, so why would I put myself at a disadvantage?

Final note. People seem to think that the drooling knobgoblins who fail to climb, climb to the wrong spot, climb at the wrong time etc are somehow being especially wasteful. No, they're not, their level of play is *always* useless for the team. It doesn't actually matter what they are trying to do because they will fail at it anyway. I find this argument most illogical when this isn't really even in the Top 50 list of most common spacktard mistakes.

Sorry, but climbing is no different from all other feature in the maps. There are special bushed, ridge lines, hull down positions, side scrapping, etc,etc

What are you proposing, that we delete all this from the maps because they have to be perfectly simetrical, or just because you don't like climbing, or just because you don't know them?

Climbing should be promoted, tanks should at least follow real physics and there shouldn't be any virtual limitations like invisible walls.

Some tanks should be able to climb mountains and other should get stuck on soft terrain, if not we will end up with 15vs15 Maus

Edited by pecopad, 02 June 2017 - 06:02 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #82 Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17253 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postpecopad, on 02 June 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

Climbing should be promoted

No, it really shouldn't.

DracheimFlug #83 Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9766 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 02 June 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

link?

I'll see what I can find this weekend.

DracheimFlug #84 Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9766 battles

People whine about superheavies, but also whine about counters to superheavies (arty, climbing, open maps with lots of soft cover were actually whine about a lot before WG went with so many corridors ).

This is why WG should not necessarily listen to the whining masses.

pecopad #85 Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25437 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

I rather have fun, diverse,  unbalanced maps, that dull symetrical maps...

In the end we should have maps that promote team strategy and penalize individual effort alone.

If its clear for everyone, then maybe we can start having team batles and map design should have a lot to say on this.

Just don't do it like you did in Paris... or Pilsen where we all know where we should go but the maps are really terrible, or Kharkov (actually this map is a complete strategic mess, where nobody know where to go).

And please don't make map areas of no strategic value, like all the midle of Paris or the beach in Overlord, actually this would be a very good map to introduce imobilizing terrain, where heavies cannot cross the beach....

Slyspy #86 Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14270 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAchibot, on 02 June 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

I really think you can safely ignore people who think the spots shouldn't be blocked, obviously the maps should be balanced, claiming otherwise is just trolling, be it ignorance or misanthropy.

However, as long as these spots are in the game and other people can use them on me I will use them on other people when I feel it's strategically justified to do so. Now, as I don't play Swedish TD's it's rarely the right choice for my tank, but when it is so be it. Better it wasn't an option for anyone but it is, so why would I put myself at a disadvantage?

Final note. People seem to think that the drooling knobgoblins who fail to climb, climb to the wrong spot, climb at the wrong time etc are somehow being especially wasteful. No, they're not, their level of play is *always* useless for the team. It doesn't actually matter what they are trying to do because they will fail at it anyway. I find this argument most illogical when this isn't really even in the Top 50 list of most common spacktard mistakes.

This is the end of this particular subject IMO. 

View PostDracheimFlug, on 02 June 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

The Alps aren't that far away to the Dutch and the Danes. 

They have much further to climb up to reach the top than the average Italian since they start lower down. 

aparatchik #87 Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 66194 battles
  • [-IDF-] -IDF-

Goating is great if:

1. The goat is on your team and helping you win.
2. The goat is on the other team and helping them lose.

Goating sucks if:

1. The goat is on your team and helping you lose.
2. The goat is on the other team and helping them win.

END OF

Jimbodiah #88 Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 10798 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT
Edited.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 05 June 2017 - 10:38 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to insult

DaSmith #89 Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 46017 battles
So you had one dude goating and doing no damage in one battle.
Because of that now you are here crying like a little ****** and want goating to end. 
I do not know what kind of mental illness makes you come to this conclusion...
Most of my battles half my team does 0 damage without goating.
I advise you get an appointment with a neurologist. 

Bora_BOOM #90 Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25057 battles
  • [LQL] LQL
Thank you. I love you too.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 03 June 2017 - 10:34 AM.

Szatanshow #91 Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25538 battles
  • [ALION] ALION
Tanks should lose hp going off map it give so much unfair advantage now its ridicules and ppl doing it should be banned

Edited by Szatanshow, 03 June 2017 - 10:32 AM.

Enforcer1975 #92 Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 21069 battles
  • [LQL] LQL

View Postdennez, on 02 June 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

making zones where tanks take damage

That system seemed to work in BF pretty well since nobody goes out of bounds because the punishment is harsh like in loss of life harsh. 

DracheimFlug #93 Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9766 battles

View PostSzatanshow, on 03 June 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

Tanks should lose hp going off map it give so much unfair advantage now its ridicules and ppl doing it should be banned

It is NOT off map. They are at no point outside the red lines. Assuming that black areas are 'off map' is just an assumption that people are making.

WimM #94 Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 52449 battles
  • [LABE] LABE

I'm a supporter of climbing, because for me personally it adds to the fun of playing and it's challenging. However, I agree that right now the climbs are far from balanced and on most maps there is a huge advantage for one spawn. I hope WG won't remove climbing, but make it more balanced across teams. That way a climber can't just hide on his mountain, since that place is accessible from the enemy side as well. 

I'll add a replay from a game I just had on Sacred Valley where I boosted. Not to the regular camper hill, but to the mountain in the middle. It's an example of an unbalanced spot, since there's no chance to enter there from the other side. However, it shows as well that climbing is not necessarily useless, since you can cover a lot of directions from this spot. 

http://wotreplays.co...valley-wimm-t49

MrConway #95 Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

WoWs Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 13047 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

Let me clarify some things:  As long as you can get to a spot in game using the regular game mechanics, you are not breaking any rules by going there, although it often will not help you win the battle.

Some of the spots are intentionally placed, others are the result of the physics update and the changed tank behaviour. We are aware of the situation and will likely be removing several of the spots that we find problematic. As you know we are currently completely reworking all maps into HD, so you can expect some of the boost spots to disappear with their introduction.

Desyatnik_Pansy #96 Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17253 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostMrConway, on 03 June 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

Let me clarify some things:  As long as you can get to a spot in game using the regular game mechanics, you are not breaking any rules by going there, although it often will not help you win the battle.

Some of the spots are intentionally placed, others are the result of the physics update and the changed tank behaviour. We are aware of the situation and will likely be removing several of the spots that we find problematic. As you know we are currently completely reworking all maps into HD, so you can expect some of the boost spots to disappear with their introduction.

I'd like to know the intentional ones, if possible. I don't believe any shown in the images I posted last page would count as intentional, but I'm welcome to being surprised.

Rilleta #97 Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17628 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

This makes no sense.

The amount of complaints based on aspects intrisic to a class, vehicle, map, equipment...

I have a difficult time conceiving a complaint based on the fact that clicking RMB to fire generating a "My gun makes damage, pls fix this" complaint, which is basically the same point as this thread but, whatever.

No.

"Goats", which I assume to be a perjorative term, have their comeuppance regardless. :arta:Oh wait, that's out of the table...

Regardless....

No.

ZorzDePaloma #98 Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38761 battles
  • [DBWS] DBWS

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 03 June 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

I'd like to know the intentional ones, if possible. I don't believe any shown in the images I posted last page would count as intentional, but I'm welcome to being surprised.

I've checked your screenshots and you have 3 sacred valleys there. All of these climbs you listed have either counter climb, or climb can be prevented, or you can blind shoot at bush (cliff map). 

sniperuman #99 Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38058 battles

View PostMrConway, on 03 June 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

Yes , remove the climbs , more coridoors maps for superheavies soo every game will be the same.

WG seriously leave the climbs alone, it's something different and with no new maps over 1 year now it's the only think that allow this game to have some interest until now.

Edited by sniperuman, 03 June 2017 - 09:12 PM.

wsatnutter #100 Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:09 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25844 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDaSmith, on 03 June 2017 - 03:32 AM, said:

So you had one dude goating and doing no damage in one battle.
Because of that now you are here crying like a little ****** and want goating to end. 
I do not know what kind of mental illness makes you come to this conclusion...
Most of my battles half my team does 0 damage without goating.
I advise you get an appointment with a neurologist. 

do you consider this to be pro active to the discussion which is a very valid one at that.

Or  are you trolling for a rage reply?

Either way I've reported your post for the simple reason it's too salty by far.btw I was once that salty Mr Conway put me through a desalination factory. 

I think you need to edit tbh and btw have a nice evening 

Also tagged with goating, map exploit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users