being picked on

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Suurpolskija #21 Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19077 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

They should allow 1 arty per platoon. I think the current unfair ban is just throwing the synergy into trashcan.

You can do your right timed stuns all day and support your team as much as you can, but most of the time it just hinders your team that refuses to share assist dmg to arty by shooting stunned targets.

Arty gives your team huge advantage when played right. It's now a proper support. Now WG please let us SUPPORT!

Orkbert #22 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26652 battles

View PostHeidenSieker, on 09 June 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

4) I have not heard that argument - only that (adopt whining nasal accent) "Arty platoons are OP and FV304 can permastun" (q.v., sic).

Of course most of my stuff was sarcasm, but that argument I had in quotations (guess i should have bothered to give the source) was actually from Wargamings own general news page:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/918-spg-revision/

HeidenSieker #23 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostOrkbert, on 09 June 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

Of course most of my stuff was sarcasm, but that argument I had in quotations (guess i should have bothered to give the source) was actually from Wargamings own general news page:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/918-spg-revision/

I read that. It says:

"The other frustrating issue was frequent cases of arty giving its all to support fellow Platoon members and totally neglecting the rest of the team."

The same goes for other vehicles "giving their all to support fellow Platoon members and totally neglecting the rest of the team".

So it's a non-argument. Can't think why they wrote it.

cellaman7 #24 Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34563 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHeidenSieker, on 09 June 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

I read that. It says:

"The other frustrating issue was frequent cases of arty giving its all to support fellow Platoon members and totally neglecting the rest of the team."

That is total BS. I always go for the targets that are doing stupid things like sitting still in the open.

With the limited range of the Bishop and Bert you have to pre-aim certain places. If my toon mates don't go there then i'm supporting the rest of the team and not just my toon mates!!

We usually use TS to talk about sex, drink and Rock n Roll as we play.

Edited by cellaman7, 09 June 2017 - 07:38 PM.

siramra #25 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [DUXTR] DUXTR

View Postcellaman7, on 02 June 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Just total madness on WG behalf. Were the developers drunk when they came up with this idea?

U are talking about a company that balances arties by making aim,reload,acc better and to top it of they provide stun.

Everything the testers didn`t like. Much the same as the bonds, that`s a badly hidden marketing stunt to make player buy them in the stores.

Suurpolskija #26 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19077 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
Now, my friend likes to play his Skorpion a lot, I tend to play more lights and heavies. Guess who do I spot for? Guess whos lane is gonna get TD support?

Obviously it's not as simple as that. When I spot, all players with LoS can shoot them. When I draw enemy heavies for my platoon mates to shoot, i expect others in my team to benefit from it too.

So what's different if I as an arty player in a platoon shoot at red tanks where my platoon mates are making the push? Most maps have 2 general areas with multiple targets anyway.

Now, even if some arty player would tunnelvision only targets lit by his platoonmates, which seems unlikely and not very beneficial... Is arty suddenly such a big deal that it has to evenly whack shots to all areas of the map or other players on your team are utterly helpless.

It doesn't make any sense.

Darth_Clicker #27 Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:32 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57194 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

The tank babies were crying and the game developers simply stuck something in their mouth to stop the crying.  It doesn't have to be logical or anything else.  Obviously it has worked for the time being.

I am sure that someone at WG is laughing at something in every patch because they are anticipation a certain reaction from a certain group of players.  We are all puppets in their game....:trollface:

ironmaiden1983 #28 Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 24805 battles
  • [KISS1] KISS1

+1 in arty platoons

so i can make finaly my (spg hunter ) mission in lights

cellaman7 #29 Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34563 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well Darth, WG got a reaction and Arty players think it's ridiculous.

In WW2 was arty banned from supporting the Churchills. Did the German Tigers cry that an arty and 2 American Shermans was unfair?

WG. Just ban platoons altogether. Otherwise, let arty toon again. simple as that.

5_InchFl0ppy #30 Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40720 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Nah, I'm fine with no arty toons.

WG want to kill arty indirectly and I fully support them in doing this.

HeidenSieker #31 Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostTac_p0liticallyCorrect, on 10 June 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

Nah, I'm fine with no arty toons. WG want to kill arty indirectly and I fully support them in doing this.

Aha! I see that you have played both Churchills and Tigers (but your most favoured tank, by a country mile, is the Type 59).

Darth_Clicker #32 Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57194 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostTac_p0liticallyCorrect, on 10 June 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

Nah, I'm fine with no arty toons.

WG want to kill arty indirectly and I fully support them in doing this.

Remember, there is no shame in coming out and admitting that you wish for an easier version of the game.  Not everyone is up to the challenge of being successful in the game with arty.  Arty players recognize this fully in each battle.

5_InchFl0ppy #33 Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:35 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40720 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 11 June 2017 - 04:51 AM, said:

Remember, there is no shame in coming out and admitting that you wish for an easier version of the game.  Not everyone is up to the challenge of being successful in the game with arty.  Arty players recognize this fully in each battle.

Yes, I am so very happy that WG have finally decided to make right choice and remove arty. It might take a while, but we will get there. A fun and playable game is on the horizon.

Wayneable #34 Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:23 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43837 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTac_p0liticallyCorrect, on 11 June 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

Yes, I am so very happy that WG have finally decided to make right choice and remove arty. It might take a while, but we will get there. A fun and playable game is on the horizon.

Dont you mean a simpler and easier game?

And WG will never remove arty, because then they will have to reimburse all the players that have grinded arty, or have payed for premium arty. Do you realy think WG have the balls to do that? I mean honestly what is a bigger problem, all The OP tank they are introducing or arty? And remember, arty is one of the best weapons against these op tanks.

But no matter what I or anybody else says here, you will say arty is the problem, because that is what you do. You will say how you get arty focus all the time, sure that arty fault, nothing to do with XVM or anything. Maybe you should focused on getting XVM baned, I would bet alot of people would notice a difference if it was.

Edited by Wayneable, 11 June 2017 - 07:58 AM.

5_InchFl0ppy #35 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40720 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostWayneable, on 11 June 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

Dont you mean a simpler and easier game?

And WG will never remove arty, because then they will have to reimburse all the players that have grinded arty, or have payed for premium arty. Do you realy think WG have the balls to do that? I mean honestly what is a bigger problem, all The OP tank they are introducing or arty? And remember, arty is one of the best weapons against these op tanks.

But no matter what I or anybody else says here, you will say arty is the problem, because that is what you do. You will say how you get arty focus all the time, sure that arty fault, nothing to do with XVM or anything. Maybe you should focused on getting XVM baned, I would bet alot of people would notice a difference if it was.

No, I mean a better game. I do find it funny that you are suggesting that arty ever required skill, or that it added anything other than unnecessary frustration. It literally requires you to highlight and click on any part of a tank from any part of the map to do damage.

I also didn't say WG were going to remove arty, I said that they are killing it indirectly. I'm happy with this and so are many other players out there. Sure the stun mechanic is annoying as hell, but I would expect that to get nerfed in the near future as well.

I don't like xvm either.

HeidenSieker #36 Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:13 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostTac_p0liticallyCorrect, on 11 June 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

(SPGs) literally requires you to highlight and click on any part of a tank from any part of the map to do damage.

I don't like xvm either.

1) That is not true, is it (to argue the toss, see other threads on this matter).

2) XVM is fine - if and only if in-game stats are removed. However, that's OT.

Wayneable #37 Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43837 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTac_p0liticallyCorrect, on 11 June 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

No, I mean a better game. I do find it funny that you are suggesting that arty ever required skill, or that it added anything other than unnecessary frustration. It literally requires you to highlight and click on any part of a tank from any part of the map to do damage.

I also didn't say WG were going to remove arty, I said that they are killing it indirectly. I'm happy with this and so are many other players out there. Sure the stun mechanic is annoying as hell, but I would expect that to get nerfed in the near future as well.

I don't like xvm either.

Every tank in this game requires some skill to preform well in it, even arty, just because you do not agree with that does not mean it is not true. Sure i will admit arty does not need as much skill as other classes, but it is need if you want to be good in it, just like any other tank in this game.

And what about the people that cant play anything else but arty? Should they be punished just because you and others like you keep crying to WG about killing arty, because you dont like it?

Maybe you should just grow up and realize this is just a game, and alot of people play it for fun. Some play arty because they think it is fun, some play heavy tank because they think they are fun, and so on.

Stop taking the game so seriously, you might even start having fun if you do! 

HeidenSieker #38 Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostWayneable, on 11 June 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Sure i will admit arty does not need as much skill as other classes, but it is need if you want to be good in it, just like any other tank in this game.

"Skill" is not simply being able to shoot at something, is it.

Wayneable #39 Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43837 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHeidenSieker, on 11 June 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

"Skill" is not simply being able to shoot at something, is it.

No it is not, but i will not waste time explaining it to you. Because no matter what i say you will disagree, for no other reason then you hate arty.

Edited by Wayneable, 11 June 2017 - 12:37 PM.

captainpigg #40 Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32389 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostWayneable, on 11 June 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

Every tank in this game requires some skill to preform well in it, even arty, just because you do not agree with that does not mean it is not true. Sure i will admit arty does not need as much skill as other classes, but it is need if you want to be good in it, just like any other tank in this game.

Also VERY easy for Tac to check for themselves, all they have to do is compare their dedicated/designated arty player for clan-wars stats in arty versus the 3 digit wn8 41% players stats. I'll imagine there will be slight difference.

Also tagged with being picked on

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users