• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

5_InchFl0ppy #41 Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40720 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostWayneable, on 11 June 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Every tank in this game requires some skill to preform well in it, even arty, just because you do not agree with that does not mean it is not true. Sure i will admit arty does not need as much skill as other classes, but it is need if you want to be good in it, just like any other tank in this game.

And what about the people that cant play anything else but arty? Should they be punished just because you and others like you keep crying to WG about killing arty, because you dont like it?

Maybe you should just grow up and realize this is just a game, and alot of people play it for fun. Some play arty because they think it is fun, some play heavy tank because they think they are fun, and so on.

Stop taking the game so seriously, you might even start having fun if you do! 

It appears that you are the one crying about these changes, not me. I'm happy as Larry that WG finally made some positive changes to the game for once. They aren't perfect, but it's certainly a step in the right direction.

I think it's rather funny that you assume I take this game that seriously. Why did you presume that? Is it because I'm not awful? I forgot, being half decent at something means you aren't having fun and your life has to revolve around it. I guess it's much better to sniff your own farts and laugh hysterically while screwing over your team game after game...That's fun, am I right?

Oh and the people that "can only play arty" (whatever the hell that means) should perhaps find something else to do if all they can manage is to play this game like a glorified version of whack-a-mole. They would never have been able to rely on it in the first place if WG had actually developed arty into something that wasn't a completely broken abomination. Anyway, who said their "fun" is more important than mine? Why do they have the right to *Edited up everyone's game with an "I win" button. At least now the risk vs reward ratio has been amended slightly.

You forget that WG would never have touched arty if it had been a minority complaining about it. The truth is that the majority of players disliked it enough for it to get severely nerfed and rightly so.

Edited by Nohe21, 15 June 2017 - 03:55 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Wayneable #42 Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43844 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTac_p0liticallyCorrect, on 11 June 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

It appears that you are the one crying about these changes, not me. I'm happy as Larry that WG finally made some positive changes to the game for once. They aren't perfect, but it's certainly a step in the right direction.

I think it's rather funny that you assume I take this game that seriously. Why did you presume that? Is it because I'm not awful? I forgot, being half decent at something means you aren't having fun and your life has to revolve around it. I guess it's much better to sniff your own farts and laugh hysterically while screwing over your team game after game...That's fun, am I right?

Oh and the people that "can only play arty" (whatever the hell that means) should perhaps find something else to do if all they can manage is to play this game like a glorified version of whack-a-mole. They would never have been able to rely on it in the first place if WG had actually developed arty into something that wasn't a completely broken abomination. Anyway, who said their "fun" is more important than mine? Why do they have the right to sh1t up everyone's game with an "I win" button. At least now the risk vs reward ratio has been amended slightly.

You forget that WG would never have touched arty if it had been a minority complaining about it. The truth is that the majority of players disliked it enough for it to get severely nerfed and rightly so.

The only person crying about arty here is you.

I like the chages WG have done with arty, minus the fact arty can no longer platoon with other tanks. I find this to be unfair to the players. Arty are far from being the only " broken " tanks in this game but they are the only ones that cant platoon with there friend, is that fair? I think not.

As for players that can only play arty, I was think about handycaped players ( and yes i do know a few.), sorry they only have one arm or dont have the reflexes to play other tanks, but can still enjoy this game if they want to as arty players.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for them to even find a action online game they can play? probly not, not that you would care. It is obviously more important that you have the game the way you want, then to think that some people enjoy playing arty with there friends.

5_InchFl0ppy #43 Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40720 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostWayneable, on 11 June 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

The only person crying about arty here is you.

I like the chages WG have done with arty, minus the fact arty can no longer platoon with other tanks. I find this to be unfair to the players. Arty are far from being the only " broken " tanks in this game but they are the only ones that cant platoon with there friend, is that fair? I think not.

As for players that can only play arty, I was think about handycaped players ( and yes i do know a few.), sorry they only have one arm or dont have the reflexes to play other tanks, but can still enjoy this game if they want to as arty players.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for them to even find a action online game they can play? probly not, not that you would care. It is obviously more important that you have the game the way you want, then to think that some people enjoy playing arty with there friends.

Yes, because disagreeing with what you say is crying.

So anyway it seems the pro-arty defence has sunk to the lowest depths possible by using disabled people as some kind of argument, or a shield? 

Regardless of that, yes it sucks to be disabled . Does it mean that you should be able to ruin the fun of everyone else because of it? No, of course it does not. The fact that you are saying disabled people were playing arty to remain competitive simply illustrates just how broken it was. You also have to remember that games are not balanced for the minority.

You really need to stop acting as if I am the only person in this game who hates arty so therefore I am an awful person because your disabled friends can no longer abuse a *Edited broken mechanic. I will say it again, WG would never have touched arty if it was just a vocal minority complaining about it. It's obvious that most people either wanted it removed, or nerfed into oblivion. We got the latter.

(Sarcasm) I see no issue with 3 players sitting in base coordinating and perma stunning *Edited who is actively trying to play the game.

It should be pretty obvious to people as to why arty can no longer platoon....

Edited by Nohe21, 15 June 2017 - 03:58 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

cellaman7 #44 Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34572 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Not letting arty platoon with friends is "ruining the FUN".

Arty is the most frustrating and defenseless class of them all. There are a lot more broken mechanics out there than arty.

As I said earlier. If an arty can't toon. Why can 3 OP premium tanks toon together?

HeidenSieker #45 Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View Postcaptainpigg, on 11 June 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

Also VERY easy for Tac to check for themselves, all they have to do is compare their dedicated/designated arty player for clan-wars stats in arty versus the 3 digit wn8 41% players stats. I'll imagine there will be slight difference.

What? Bring fact into the argument!! WELL! You'll be HMM erm well........ LIKE TOTALLY IGNORED!

HeidenSieker #46 Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostTac_p0liticallyCorrect, on 11 June 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

Anyway, who said their "fun" is more important than mine?

That works both ways. By the way, please stop being so coarse, it's unbecoming.

HeidenSieker #47 Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View Postcellaman7, on 11 June 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

As I said earlier. If an arty can't toon. Why can 3 OP premium tanks toon together?

"And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening"

And all that sort of stuff. Youhave an extremely valid point (although I am unsure why "3 OP premium tanks" instead of "any tanks", as SPGs are not OP).

Erwin_Von_Braun #48 Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40802 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postcellaman7, on 02 June 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

So who thinks arty toons should be reinstated?

You can't toon if you are a single arty with 2 other 'normal' tanks. Why is this class being picked on?

I've had toons of all the other classes and 3 man platoons of premium tanks on the enemy team but I can't toon in my Bishop with say 2 clan mates in T67's??

Come on WG. This is ridiculous!

Yes,

With an extra helping of YES.

Maybe with some YES frosting?

Whilst you're at it, can I have a pint of YES with that?

Wayneable #49 Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:01 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43844 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTac_p0liticallyCorrect, on 11 June 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

So anyway it seems the pro-arty defence has sunk to the lowest depths possible by using disabled people as some kind of argument, or a shield? 

Regardless of that, yes it sucks to be disabled . Does it mean that you should be able to ruin the fun of everyone else because of it? No, of course it does not. The fact that you are saying disabled people were playing arty to remain competitive simply illustrates just how broken it was. You also have to remember that games are not balanced for the minority.

You really need to stop acting as if I am the only person in this game who hates arty so therefore I am an awful person because your disabled friends can no longer abuse a fuck1ng broken mechanic. I will say it again, WG would never have touched arty if it was just a vocal minority complaining about it. It's obvious that most people either wanted it removed, or nerfed into oblivion. We got the latter.

(Sarcasm) I see no issue with 3 players sitting in base coordinating and perma stunning some poor bast@rd who is actively trying to play the game.

And there you go crying again.

And I am not saying 3 atry should be allowed to platoon ( not that it should not be allowed. ), but at the very least one arty should be allowed into a platoon.

Edited by Wayneable, 12 June 2017 - 06:09 AM.

5_InchFl0ppy #50 Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40720 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostWayneable, on 12 June 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

And there you go crying again.

And I am not saying 3 atry should be allowed to platoon ( not that it should not be allowed. ), but at the very least one arty should be allowed into a platoon.

This is an incredibly weak attempt at winding me up...

And no, arty should not be allowed into a platoon.

Wayneable #51 Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43844 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTac_p0liticallyCorrect, on 12 June 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

This is an incredibly weak attempt at winding me up...

And no, arty should not be allowed into a platoon.

Might be week, but it looks like it is working, as you are wasting time to answer it.

Joking aside, lets you and me just agree on disagreeing and leave it at that, everybody has a right to there meaning even if we do not like what they have to say.

Statpadderer #52 Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25880 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

Just remove arty completely from the game.

Problem fixed.

Darth_Clicker #53 Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57298 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostTac_p0liticallyCorrect, on 11 June 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

You really need to stop acting as if I am the only person in this game who hates arty so therefore I am an awful person because your disabled friends can no longer abuse a fuck1ng broken mechanic. I will say it again, WG would never have touched arty if it was just a vocal minority complaining about it. It's obvious that most people either wanted it removed, or nerfed into oblivion. We got the latter.

(Sarcasm) I see no issue with 3 players sitting in base coordinating and perma stunning some poor bast@rd who is actively trying to play the game.

Nice opinion that you have stated here.  I don't believe for a minute that the majority have ever complained about the same issue with arty.  I have never seen any factual based evidence presented to support that idea.  If you have such evidence, please share it with me.  If it proves your assertion to be fact, I will have no reservations in acknowledging it.

As has already been stated, the only obvious reasons for vorbidding arty platoons are also conditions that are true for other classes.

Every time a player in any class sends another player to the garage it could be described as ruining their game.

Edited by Darth_Clicker, 12 June 2017 - 01:43 PM.

cellaman7 #54 Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34572 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Guy's. Don't turn this into a slanging match.

Once again, as I said earlier. You STILL get 3 Arty a game. Why can't one of them be tooned with their friends?

This new rule hasn't changed arty at all. It's still in the game, It will still 1 shot you from above. It's just spoilt the fun of being able to toon with your clan mates.

This topic is not about arty being a so called broken mechanic.It's about the freedom of choice to choose this class in a platoon.

NiemandXL #55 Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles
There is some true injustice here. My proposal would be to remove arty altogether, that would not just fix the injustice issue but also improve WOT massively.

Wayneable #56 Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43844 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNiemandXL, on 12 June 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

There is some true injustice here. My proposal would be to remove arty altogether, that would not just fix the injustice issue but also improve WOT massively.

But WG does not have the balls to do this. They would have to compensate everybody that ever played an arty. or used gold to convert free xp to unlock a arty. They will neve do this, the only thing they will do is make arty unplayable, as you can already see. And that is just unfair. Imagine they did this to Medium tanks, wow would the forums explode.

Darth_Clicker #57 Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:22 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57298 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostNiemandXL, on 12 June 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

In my opinion, removing arty wouldn't improve the game at all.  And most importantly, removing arty would not solve the problem of people complaining.  I believe that the vast majority of people that complain about arty are simply complainers by nature.  When something doesn't go to suit them, they complain regardless of whether or not complaining is the thing to do or if maybe a bit of self-reflection/self-inspection would be the most effective thing to do.   I am of the opinion that these people are the ones who die first and blame the team...for dying first.  It is never their own fault..always someone else.  Removing arty wouldn't change this, it would only remove the focus from arty onto something else.

View PostWayneable, on 13 June 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

But WG does not have the balls to do this. They would have to compensate everybody that ever played an arty. or used gold to convert free xp to unlock a arty. They will neve do this, the only thing they will do is make arty unplayable, as you can already see. And that is just unfair. Imagine they did this to Medium tanks, wow would the forums explode.

I think that there must be a bigger reason for WG not removing arty.  I think that arty has a place in the mechanics of the game and without it the game would suffer overall.

Statpadderer #58 Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25880 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 13 June 2017 - 06:23 AM, said:

I think that arty has a place in the mechanics of the game and without it the game would suffer overall.

WoT Blitz seems to work fine without Arty.

HeidenSieker #59 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostStatpadderer, on 13 June 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

WoT Blitz seems to work fine without Arty.

Go and play that, then.

Gremlin182 #60 Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

General

• Player
  • 52632 battles

The changes to arty came at a cost and that cost was removing the ability to platoon, now you can still cooperate in games which does most of what a platoon could do.

Say you are targeting a tank or area and other SPG players are free to join in.

But given the stun effect and larger splash radius many mid tier and all higher tier SPGs are now way more effective than they were.

Allowing a platoon especially one with voip would be too much, whether that platoon is just SPGs or an SPG - tank team.

Also tagged with being picked on

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users