Jump to content


WTF @ tier 8

Tier 8 WG fail

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

AVCC #1 Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16348 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    08-04-2011

Ok,

This is all wrong....for the past two days i have played a mix of tier 8 premium and tier 8 standard and 99% of those games i have been bottom tier in a 3 tier battle. What the actual!!..... I noticed a couple of micro patches over the past couple of days and WG are on a money making MISSION! call me cynical but with the tier 8's in constant t9/10 games they have to use premium ammo ergo make WG more money!

 

anyone else noticed this......flame away......



KillingJoker #2 Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32171 battles
  • 1,321
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

View PostAVCC, on 04 June 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Ok,

This is all wrong....for the past two days i have played a mix of tier 8 premium and tier 8 standard and 99% of those games i have been bottom tier in a 3 tier battle. What the actual!!..... I noticed a couple of micro patches over the past couple of days and WG are on a money making MISSION! call me cynical but with the tier 8's in constant t9/10 games they have to use premium ammo ergo make WG more money!

 

anyone else noticed this......flame away......

 

this can be easly explained...

 

as tier 8 is the most proffitable tier in the techtree, its also what most people play... and as most people play tier 8, either you get games with tier 8 only, or... your placed in games where your not top tier, either tier 9 or 10. 

 

sicne they changed the mm and only 3 tier 8s per match can meet tier 6 games, that means only some very ocasionaly people will see thouse games..

 

so in the current mm, tier 8s will more often see tier 9s and 10s, unless you play a tank that have preferential mm, like the KV-5 or the IS-6, in that case i bet you will be top tier more often...



1ncompetenc3 #3 Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36897 battles
  • 11,490
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostKillingJoker, on 04 June 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

so in the current mm, tier 8s will more often see tier 9s and 10s, unless you play a tank that have preferential mm, like the KV-5 or the IS-6, in that case i bet you will be top tier more often...

 

I've played a lot of tier VIII with both regular and special MM to test that after 9.18 launched. SMM tanks just get a lot of same-tier battles; meeting tier VII is extremely rare and you can forget about tier VI altogether. The only SMM tanks worth playing at this point are Chinese heavies simply because the mobility helps with picking your fights and unlike IS-6/KV-5 their premium rounds aren't completely obsolete. That said, you're better off playing something with regular MM and decent pen because even in a same-tier battle SMM premiums struggle to pen half the enemy team with premium ammo at this point.

magkiln #4 Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:11 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22670 battles
  • 731
  • [EKKE] EKKE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2015

View PostKillingJoker, on 04 June 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

 

this can be easly explained...

 

as tier 8 is the most proffitable tier in the techtree, its also what most people play... and as most people play tier 8, either you get games with tier 8 only, or... your placed in games where your not top tier, either tier 9 or 10. 

 

sicne they changed the mm and only 3 tier 8s per match can meet tier 6 games, that means only some very ocasionaly people will see thouse games..

 

so in the current mm, tier 8s will more often see tier 9s and 10s, unless you play a tank that have preferential mm, like the KV-5 or the IS-6, in that case i bet you will be top tier more often...

 

It's good for tier 9 and 10s though. There are so many tier 8 tanks in the cue that tier 9 and 10s have a good chance of being high tier in a 3:5:7 match instead of ending up in a same tier only game.



CenturionA1 #5 Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13629 battles
  • 624
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012
Plays tier 8 and complain new MM is broken, gets told to play tier 10, plays tier 10, find a maus, kills a maus, looses 30K creds, needs more creds so plays tier 8. FML

PauI #6 Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:33 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24881 battles
  • 386
  • Member since:
    10-15-2011
This is part of the milking scheme that wg uses to make more money.....works togheter with the new prem strategy. So eighter deal with it or play something else cuz this strategy is here to stay

lonigus #7 Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:57 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 32631 battles
  • 7,996
  • Member since:
    09-26-2011

I dont think that it was intentional to screw T8 tanks MM, but it was predictable. The main goal was to give tier 8s (or any tier) the option to always fight atleast 5 same "tiered" tanks.

 

This makes tier 9 the absolute sweet spot to play since they can easily feast on T8s, but have enough pen to handle most tier 10 tanks also.



Mimos_A #8 Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22246 battles
  • 1,856
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View Postmagkiln, on 05 June 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

 

It's good for tier 9 and 10s though. There are so many tier 8 tanks in the cue that tier 9 and 10s have a good chance of being high tier in a 3:5:7 match instead of ending up in a same tier only game.

 

I get nothing but full tier 10 games at tier 10...

Jigabachi #9 Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:39 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,574
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
You pulled those 99% out of your butt, but I have to agree that tier eight gets the short end of the stick a lot.

Funfact: I remember three tier eight only matches where I wasn't able to do anything at all. I managed to end up in the upper third of the list because I dinged and spotted/detracked a lot, but I did either no damage at all or only one or two penetrating shots. All those Chryslers, Defenders, VKs and O-Hos can make tier eight matches rather annoying.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users