Lag Got Me Banned.. Nice....

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22240 battles

Suffering absolutely horrendous lag since the latest update and bad enough it's frustrating and making it pretty unpleasant to play and costing me matches and all else that goes with that but I'm shooting my teammates a lot now too which is drawing fire from them of course but also I am turning blue and finally got banned.. this time it's only for an hour, all unfair and total bs of course, especially since I actually spend money on this game and it's not really acceptable to be getting chastised and sanctioned for something not of my doing.

WG, kindly take a look into it as it is unacceptable and I am not the only one. I am seeing a lot of in-game messages of players hit with lag and connection issues and a lot of players playing fine for during a battle and then getting disconnected so there is definitely something a miss.. I'd like to keep playing when I have my ban lifted but fear I will get banned again due to this. 

I will attach the replay in which I start the game blue, from accumulating team hits over several matches. I've only played I think.. 7 games today.. first 2-3 were fine, then the rot set in and I picked up a team shots turning blue. This is the battle in which I get banned, all might appear fine in replay but it took me ages to actually join the battle, then was all floating and going the wrong direction(and haven't even drunk yet lol)) then got some big freezes switching between view modes, then gone done for team shooting twice when to me was perfectly aimed shots on an enemy tank and was notified, after a few moments of lag ironically, that I was banned.. get it sorted pls.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3630386#winterberg-tungstenhitman-panther_ii

Isharial #2 Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19826 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTungstenHitman, on 04 June 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

Suffering absolutely horrendous lag since the latest update and bad enough it's frustrating and making it pretty unpleasant to play and costing me matches and all else that goes with that but I'm shooting my teammates a lot now too which is drawing fire from them of course but also I am turning blue and finally got banned.. this time it's only for an hour, all unfair and total bs of course, especially since I actually spend money on this game and it's not really acceptable to be getting chastised and sanctioned for something not of my doing.

WG, kindly take a look into it as it is unacceptable and I am not the only one. I am seeing a lot of in-game messages of players hit with lag and connection issues and a lot of players playing fine for during a battle and then getting disconnected so there is definitely something a miss.. I'd like to keep playing when I have my ban lifted but fear I will get banned again due to this.

I will attach the replay in which I start the game blue, from accumulating team hits over several matches. I've only played I think.. 7 games today.. first 2-3 were fine, then the rot set in and I picked up a team shots turning blue. This is the battle in which I get banned, all might appear fine in replay but it took me ages to actually join the battle, then was all floating and going the wrong direction(and haven't even drunk yet lol)) then got some big freezes switching between view modes, then gone done for team shooting twice when to me was perfectly aimed shots on an enemy tank and was notified, after a few moments of lag ironically, that I was banned.. get it sorted pls.

obviously the lag is something your going to have to fix before you play more, so:

- tried safemode to eliminate any mods you have?

- tried re-installing?

- tried both servers?

- done a pingplotter? perhaps support can tell you whats wrong?

its going to be something on your end (if it was the server, 100% of players would have the lag and well... the forums wouldn't be as quite as they are!) thus its either A) your computer, B) your client, or C) the hubs you connect to the servers (most likely it is C)

and in future, its a good idea to play a few rounds in the proving ground.

playing the proving ground is a good place to see if your internet is stable, and it doesn't cost anything to keep a T1/2 tank in a spare garage slot for this purpose, you don't even have to like the tank or even do well with it, its not for that

I do this everytime I log in, its better to find any lag problem there and log out, than getting into a game and finding yourself on 200ms+ ping and unable to shoot very well, or get dropped and spend every other minute logging back in... none of that is fun

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22240 battles

View PostClarrissa_the_Third, on 04 June 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

obviously the lag is something your going to have to fix before you play more, so:

- tried safemode to eliminate any mods you have?

- tried re-installing?

- tried both servers?

- done a pingplotter? perhaps support can tell you whats wrong?

its going to be something on your end (if it was the server, 100% of players would have the lag and well... the forums wouldn't be as quite as they are!) thus its either A) your computer, B) your client, or C) the hubs you connect to the servers (most likely it is C)

and in future, its a good idea to play a few rounds in the proving ground.

playing the proving ground is a good place to see if your internet is stable, and it doesn't cost anything to keep a T1/2 tank in a spare garage slot for this purpose, you don't even have to like the tank or even do well with it, its not for that

I do this everytime I log in, its better to find any lag problem there and log out, than getting into a game and finding yourself on 200ms+ ping and unable to shoot very well, or get dropped and spend every other minute logging back in... none of that is fun

I'll try to see what I can do for my part, I did a ping and network speed test, I don't think it's very good, what should it be? for acceptable, problem free game play?

O btw.. my network is supposed to be 240-360mb broadband speeds?

Edited by TungstenHitman, 04 June 2017 - 09:07 PM.

Isharial #4 Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19826 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTungstenHitman, on 04 June 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

I'll try to see what I can do for my part, I did a ping and network speed test, I don't think it's very good, what should it be? for acceptable, problem free game play?

well there's more to it than a simple network test

mine comes out worse than yours on any speed test ive ever done

what ping would you personally find acceptable? 50ms is pretty decent compared to mine... and if you get that in game, well its not really a "lag problem" in my eyes!

Jigabachi #5 Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17935 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

all unfair and total bs of course

How is it "unfair" and "total BS"? :mellow:

You as a player have to make sure that you can play the game properly, which means owning a proper system that can run the game and having access to a proper connection. If you have that much lag, simply don't play.

Block Quote

, especially since I actually spend money on this game and it's not really acceptable to be getting chastised and sanctioned for something not of my doing.

YOU decided to play with massive lag, so you are 100% to blame here, regardless of the problem or the origin of those lags.

250swb #6 Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It begs the question that if you know you are consistently getting lag why even take the slightest risk of shooting a friendly tank? About as bad as driving off in your car knowing the brakes are fucked, the 'knowing' element is the key.

HeidenSieker #7 Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

Suffering absolutely horrendous lag since the latest update and bad enough it's frustrating and making it pretty unpleasant to play and costing me matches

Costing your team too, in more ways than one, by the look. Time to stop playing until you can fix it.

Edited by HeidenSieker, 04 June 2017 - 11:29 PM.

RockyRoller #8 Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32406 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
how did we ever play Doom on modems?

Ceeb #9 Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:48 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30268 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostRockyRoller, on 04 June 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

how did we ever play Doom on modems?

Used to play Falcon 4 in four ship in full campaign mode on a 56k Modem with Roger Wilco as my comms client. Worked fine. 

Those were the days. :) 

View PostTungstenHitman, on 04 June 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

Never seen an Upload faster than a Down load before... 

Interesting

MrClark56 #10 Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6097 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCeeb, on 05 June 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

Used to play Falcon 4 in four ship in full campaign mode on a 56k Modem with Roger Wilco as my comms client. Worked fine. 

Those were the days. :) 

Man, i miss Falcon 4... BMS and stuff..

Ceeb #11 Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:56 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30268 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostMrClark56, on 05 June 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

Man, i miss Falcon 4... BMS and stuff..

I'm talking pre BMS, Before HASBRO took over microprose and ruined the Sim concept. Microprose were working on combined arms games in 1998.  sold my CH F-16 Glass flightstick and throttle. still got £150 for it ten years later.

I've never bought anything from Hasbro since...

Wille_Wilse #12 Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9288 battles
Have you ever restarted your router? If lag step 1 is to do that. Wait a minute before you turn it on again is also a good idea.

DracheimFlug #13 Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

As others have said, download pingplotter and find the actual problem. It is almost certainly somewhere between you and WG and under the control of neither of you, although your modem might be the problem too.

And despite having similar problems chronically (both due to being in a town with bad connections, and with chronic general lag in western Germany), I have yet to turn blue, so don't blame lag for that.  Don't get me wrong. It is incredibly frustrating when ping goes to 500ms + out of nowhere and you effectively lose control, but that just means you need to check you fire even more than normal.

BlackHordes #14 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4122 battles

Looks like your ISP might have some DNS issues, try to change your DNS server to the two Google provide and see if that helps...

IP: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

You can look them up yourself.

PS. I had the same issue yesterday and this fixed the lag.

Azgabast #15 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18752 battles

Howdy,

I can confirm your problem with lag as well. For me, it all started Sunday morning.

Please see the first minute of this replay and notice how my turret has epilepsy (it lags behind).

http://wotreplays.co...f-azgabast-e_50

Hope they can fix this. The servers also have 1-2 lines of latency so for me it's pretty clear that the issue is on their side (picture below).

http://imgur.com/nwZW7bH

Also, all their websites are loading really slowly (launcher included).

LR130 #16 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16464 battles
  • [DECOY] DECOY
this might not help you, but i found out every time my wife plugs her iPhone on charging i get a 999ms lag spike!!!!!! Those apple products seems to suck all internett connection as they go online (wifi) to update/upload themselves.... Before i found out of this problem, i had a long faultfinding session with my internett provider, were i went around in the house unplugging devices as they were watching the broadband load.... They could se a high load on my connection, wondering if someone was "stealing" my network, but as soon as i ripped that iPhone and charger out of the power outlet; TADA!!!!!! superb internet! So, no more charging of iPhone with wifi turned on (on the phone). 

KKtwenty #17 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9905 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
ping is just the round time of a packet of information.  LAG could mean your connection is quite quick but dropping packets left right and centre, so the game client is constantly resending and re-requesting dropped info.

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22240 battles
I try turning on and off the modem if it's bad from the off and sometimes that helps. I also exit and restart the game when the tell tale signs are creeping in and that used to work. I usually play only on server2 because I've always tended to have connection problems with Server1 for whatever reason, it would show red instead of green but now server2 can show red too a lot lately so switch between whichever is showing better connectivity.. although which server shows better changes almost every few battles

DracheimFlug #19 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostAzgabast, on 05 June 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

Howdy,

I can confirm your problem with lag as well. For me, it all started Sunday morning.

Please see the first minute of this replay and notice how my turret has epilepsy (it lags behind).

http://wotreplays.co...f-azgabast-e_50

Hope they can fix this. The servers also have 1-2 lines of latency so for me it's pretty clear that the issue is on their side (picture below).

http://imgur.com/nwZW7bH

Also, all their websites are loading really slowly (launcher included).

That just shows the lag to the servers. It does not mean it is the servers themselves. The problem could be at either end or anywhere in between.

DracheimFlug #20 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 05 June 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

I try turning on and off the modem if it's bad from the off and sometimes that helps. I also exit and restart the game when the tell tale signs are creeping in and that used to work. I usually play only on server2 because I've always tended to have connection problems with Server1 for whatever reason, it would show red instead of green but now server2 can show red too a lot lately so switch between whichever is showing better connectivity.. although which server shows better changes almost every few battles

Where do you live? EU1 is in Germany and EU2 is in the Netherlands. That should help explain which is normally better for you. And again, there is often major lag in western Germany. No clue how net traffic is outside of Germany though..... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users