• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

FoxtrotWhiskey3 #1 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15253 battles
  • [_GUN_] _GUN_

Dear community,

I have played WOT for quite some time now. After about 2 years playing just for fun, I took about a year and a half of break. Then I started again and a friend of mine showed me ways to play the game proper. I then joined a clan and started to work my way up and learn to play right. Since I count myself as an avarage player and a player how joins the game when time allowes I would like to share my experiences with the game, WG and the community. So basically this is kind of a review and a summary and at the end I will ask myself the question: Should I stay or should I go. 

Game balance:

I sadly made the experience, that the game gets more and more unbalanced and WG is actually support this by implementing more and more premium tanks that are far better than their tier for tier counterparts. If I take the Defender, Liberte, Patriot and now the Chrysler as an example, I find it hard to believe that WG wants this game to be more and more P2W. Now many will say now, use gold ammo, You are right; i could use gold ammo with my regular tanks, however the earnings then tend towards 0 or I even have to pay on top. So what to do? Well, use a premium tank to farm credits. Again you would be right in saying so, however that means spending money and that for me is clearly pay to win. So if you play your regular tanks, you barely make any credits or XP and WG forces you to use premium tanks to compansate this. And even when using premium tanks you have to have a certain amount of gold ammo for those high tier tanks. So at the end as an avarage player I make about 40.000 to 60.000 credits with a premium tank. 

But here is the next issue then. Being forced to play with premium tanks the game gets boring very fast as you will most likely buy one premium tank first that you need to play ALOT to get enough credits and XP to research your next tank. So WG is kind enough to basically offer a new premium every month that you can buy. And guess what I did? I did buy a couple of premoums. Now I am at a point again where the game is very boring since I keep playing my premiums only to make credits and XP.

Next we have a very stupid cheat ruling from WG. Some mods are illagel, whereas other are not. Some behaviour in the game is iilagal, wheras other is not. Just to put hings into perspective. Mods that allow "wall hacks" or flying hacks are illagl, however boosting to out of map positions is fine. This is absulutely stupid as those boosting players will have the same effect on the game balance as hackers or cheaters. At the end they will dominate the game to their advantage as they are in positions that nobody can hit them and also nobdoy can follow them to. Just to give you an idea of what I am talking about I added a short replay from yesterday where I again encountered such a cowardly and unfair behaviour:

http://wotreplays.co...3-lorraine_40_t

And the last point that is just unacceptable is the fact that there are tanks in the game that are SO OP, that everyone will go another way when they are in the enemy team. I am of course talking about type 4 heavy, type 5 heavy, T95, and Maus. These tanks cannot be penetrated with most tier X tanks frontally. OK you say, just load gold ammo. Again making new credits and having to pay in order to win is not the goal of a free to play game.  Besides that when encountering a type 5 heavy the amount of money you loose is absolutely rediciouls. Just to give you an idea of what I am talking about. I drove an E100 and encountered a type 5 heavy. So I loaded gold and aimed for the commander hatch. Guess what... I cant pen him, even with a perfect hit. On the other hand, he shot me once and took out 2 modules and 3 crew. So I had to use a repair kit and first aid kit. While he was releading I could shoot another two times, dealing 0 damage. He then hits me for another 600 HP and takes aout another 2 crew and another 2 modules. So I had to use repair kit and first aid kit again. After trying to flank him and taking another 3 shots at him he hit me again, setting me on fire and taking out 1 crew again. So I had to use a fire extinguisher, repair kit and first aid kit again. I then finally penned him from the side and bounced another two shots. He took the fourth shot, taking me out. So he dealt about 2700 DMG, whereas I was merely able to deal about 650 DMG in the same time. At the end of the game I made a whopping 156.000 credits loss. Thank you WG for that. In order to compansate this I have to play at least 2 to 3 battles in a premium vehicle na dhave to win every battle. So for me, tier X battles are gone. I will not research any tier X tanks anymore as this is just useless.

The last thing about balance is the fact that with the last big update WG promised that you would be in top tier situations more often, especially with your low tier tanks. Again, I can only see the opposite. If I get in one top tier battle out of 9 battles, that is rather lucky. I was hoping for a ratio of at least 1 in 5 or so. Aagain this is very frustrating and encourages to spam gold ammo even more, underlining the pay to win I feel WG wants to enforce

WG service and helpcenter:

A couple of weeks ago I used the ticket system the first time, as I was teamblocked and damages the third game in a row and was fed up with it. So I reproted the player ingame and send the replay file to WG in order to ask for their repsonse how to handle players like this more effectively. The end of the story was, that I recevied a reply in which I was accused of using illegal modifications and that I got my first warning. The second strike would result in a permanent ban. As WG should have seen from the replay I was playing vanilla and had no modifications installed at all. AS a matter of fact I merely had VM installed for a total of 2 weeks playing WOT and uninstalled the mod right after because of information overload. I also re-installed the game. This "service" shows how seriously WG takes their players. The funny thing was as well, that WG asked me to rate their response by following a link. Sadly the link was not functional and it said that I had no rights for this page. So I answered theri ticket and made clear that I was not using any mods at all, providing them with a bunch of recent gameplays. Their answer was that they never threatend me and they never accused me of illegal mods. Well, the ticket I got says otherwise. 

Community:

I really do not get the community. Whenever WG presents a new OP premium tank, everyone whines and cries in social media about it, but at the end of the day they buy the tank anyways. Why not be so strong and not by the tank and hsow WG this way that the players do not tollerate pay2win?!? Also the constant ranting in the chat is another point that WG should fic, as well as the map spammers. 

Lastly I would like to sum up what my experiences where. When playing WOT the first time about 4 years ago I actually had fun since I was mostly playing low tier. After getting over tier VI it started to get worst and worst. Some will say that it is my fault, no knowing how to play, however seeing my WN8 progression and the battles I am having I would disagree. I am far from perfect, but I consider myself a good asset to the team effort. 

So should I stay or should I go? That was the initail question I asked myself. The answer is, I dont know. On the one hand there still are some battles I like and enjoy, however the numbers got far less. It is more frustrating to play the game. So I decieded to play low tier battles only to enjoy the "innocense" of the original WOT, If this gets boring I will be out of the game, forever. 

It is sad that WG does not see the feedback from the community and tries to aquire new players instead of holding the old ones. 

So here are my tips for WG to make the game experience better:

- nerf the premium tanks to a stage where they are as good as their tier for tier counter parts and not far better

- rethink gold economics. It is fine to have a higher penetration, however then the accuracy, reload time, damage or something else should be worst thatn the regular ammo

- Give tanks weak spots and model your tanks properly in order for experiences players to take out tanks without gold ammo

- Ban any sort of mods except those explicitly allowerd by WG. Reinforce teamkilling, boosting and spamming further

- Rethink the income of high tier tanks as loosing credits event when having a good game is not funny and fari at all

- Take your comminnity serious and listen to their feedback and look at their pain ponts and stop accusing everyone of using illegal mods if they get in contact with you.

- Instead of adding more and more premium tanks think of new missions or new teck trees instead and rework the maps or install new maps.

- stop advertising as a free to play game if you keep the above mentioned points. Then this game is clrearly pay to win and avertise it this way!

If  you change things, i will stay. If nothing changes I will sooner or later leave this game. And currently it is sooner.

What is your feedback? Would you agree with what I wrote or not?

Kozzy #2 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:27 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostFoxtrotWhiskey3, on 05 June 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

Dear community,

I have played WOT for quite some time now. After about 2 years playing just for fun, I took about a year and a half of break. Then I started again and a friend of mine showed me ways to play the game proper. I then joined a clan and started to work my way up and learn to play right. Since I count myself as an avarage player and a player how joins the game when time allowes I would like to share my experiences with the game, WG and the community. So basically this is kind of a review and a summary and at the end I will ask myself the question: Should I stay or should I go. 

Game balance:

I sadly made the experience, that the game gets more and more unbalanced and WG is actually support this by implementing more and more premium tanks that are far better than their tier for tier counterparts. If I take the Defender, Liberte, Patriot and now the Chrysler as an example, I find it hard to believe that WG wants this game to be more and more P2W. Now many will say now, use gold ammo, You are right; i could use gold ammo with my regular tanks, however the earnings then tend towards 0 or I even have to pay on top. So what to do? Well, use a premium tank to farm credits. Again you would be right in saying so, however that means spending money and that for me is clearly pay to win. So if you play your regular tanks, you barely make any credits or XP and WG forces you to use premium tanks to compansate this. And even when using premium tanks you have to have a certain amount of gold ammo for those high tier tanks. So at the end as an avarage player I make about 40.000 to 60.000 credits with a premium tank. 

But here is the next issue then. Being forced to play with premium tanks the game gets boring very fast as you will most likely buy one premium tank first that you need to play ALOT to get enough credits and XP to research your next tank. So WG is kind enough to basically offer a new premium every month that you can buy. And guess what I did? I did buy a couple of premoums. Now I am at a point again where the game is very boring since I keep playing my premiums only to make credits and XP.

Next we have a very stupid cheat ruling from WG. Some mods are illagel, whereas other are not. Some behaviour in the game is iilagal, wheras other is not. Just to put hings into perspective. Mods that allow "wall hacks" or flying hacks are illagl, however boosting to out of map positions is fine. This is absulutely stupid as those boosting players will have the same effect on the game balance as hackers or cheaters. At the end they will dominate the game to their advantage as they are in positions that nobody can hit them and also nobdoy can follow them to. Just to give you an idea of what I am talking about I added a short replay from yesterday where I again encountered such a cowardly and unfair behaviour:

And the last point that is just unacceptable is the fact that there are tanks in the game that are SO OP, that everyone will go another way when they are in the enemy team. I am of course talking about type 4 heavy, type 5 heavy, T95, and Maus. These tanks cannot be penetrated with most tier X tanks frontally. OK you say, just load gold ammo. Again making new credits and having to pay in order to win is not the goal of a free to play game.  Besides that when encountering a type 5 heavy the amount of money you loose is absolutely rediciouls. Just to give you an idea of what I am talking about. I drove an E100 and encountered a type 5 heavy. So I loaded gold and aimed for the commander hatch. Guess what... I cant pen him, even with a perfect hit. On the other hand, he shot me once and took out 2 modules and 3 crew. So I had to use a repair kit and first aid kit. While he was releading I could shoot another two times, dealing 0 damage. He then hits me for another 600 HP and takes aout another 2 crew and another 2 modules. So I had to use repair kit and first aid kit again. After trying to flank him and taking another 3 shots at him he hit me again, setting me on fire and taking out 1 crew again. So I had to use a fire extinguisher, repair kit and first aid kit again. I then finally penned him from the side and bounced another two shots. He took the fourth shot, taking me out. So he dealt about 2700 DMG, whereas I was merely able to deal about 650 DMG in the same time. At the end of the game I made a whopping 156.000 credits loss. Thank you WG for that. In order to compansate this I have to play at least 2 to 3 battles in a premium vehicle na dhave to win every battle. So for me, tier X battles are gone. I will not research any tier X tanks anymore as this is just useless.

The last thing about balance is the fact that with the last big update WG promised that you would be in top tier situations more often, especially with your low tier tanks. Again, I can only see the opposite. If I get in one top tier battle out of 9 battles, that is rather lucky. I was hoping for a ratio of at least 1 in 5 or so. Aagain this is very frustrating and encourages to spam gold ammo even more, underlining the pay to win I feel WG wants to enforce

A couple of weeks ago I used the ticket system the first time, as I was teamblocked and damages the third game in a row and was fed up with it. So I reproted the player ingame and send the replay file to WG in order to ask for their repsonse how to handle players like this more effectively. The end of the story was, that I recevied a reply in which I was accused of using illegal modifications and that I got my first warning. The second strike would result in a permanent ban. As WG should have seen from the replay I was playing vanilla and had no modifications installed at all. AS a matter of fact I merely had VM installed for a total of 2 weeks playing WOT and uninstalled the mod right after because of information overload. I also re-installed the game. This "service" shows how seriously WG takes their players. The funny thing was as well, that WG asked me to rate their response by following a link. Sadly the link was not functional and it said that I had no rights for this page. So I answered theri ticket and made clear that I was not using any mods at all, providing them with a bunch of recent gameplays. Their answer was that they never threatend me and they never accused me of illegal mods. Well, the ticket I got says otherwise. 

Community:

I really do not get the community. Whenever WG presents a new OP premium tank, everyone whines and cries in social media about it, but at the end of the day they buy the tank anyways. Why not be so strong and not by the tank and hsow WG this way that the players do not tollerate pay2win?!? Also the constant ranting in the chat is another point that WG should fic, as well as the map spammers. 

Lastly I would like to sum up what my experiences where. When playing WOT the first time about 4 years ago I actually had fun since I was mostly playing low tier. After getting over tier VI it started to get worst and worst. Some will say that it is my fault, no knowing how to play, however seeing my WN8 progression and the battles I am having I would disagree. I am far from perfect, but I consider myself a good asset to the team effort. 

So should I stay or should I go? That was the initail question I asked myself. The answer is, I dont know. On the one hand there still are some battles I like and enjoy, however the numbers got far less. It is more frustrating to play the game. So I decieded to play low tier battles only to enjoy the "innocense" of the original WOT, If this gets boring I will be out of the game, forever. 

It is sad that WG does not see the feedback from the community and tries to aquire new players instead of holding the old ones. 

- nerf the premium tanks to a stage where they are as good as their tier for tier counter parts and not far better

- rethink gold economics. It is fine to have a higher penetration, however then the accuracy, reload time, damage or something else should be worst thatn the regular ammo

- Give tanks weak spots and model your tanks properly in order for experiences players to take out tanks without gold ammo

- Ban any sort of mods except those explicitly allowerd by WG. Reinforce teamkilling, boosting and spamming further

- Rethink the income of high tier tanks as loosing credits event when having a good game is not funny and fari at all

- Take your comminnity serious and listen to their feedback and look at their pain ponts and stop accusing everyone of using illegal mods if they get in contact with you.

- Instead of adding more and more premium tanks think of new missions or new teck trees instead and rework the maps or install new maps.

- stop advertising as a free to play game if you keep the above mentioned points. Then this game is clrearly pay to win and avertise it this way!

If  you change things, i will stay. If nothing changes I will sooner or later leave this game. And currently it is sooner.

Jesus... why so much drama?  It's only a game.  If you enjoy playing it then play it and if you don't enjoy playing it go play something else.  Why do some people have to make it more complicated than that?

qpranger #3 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 31431 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

OP, they don't really care about us.

PowJay #4 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34907 battles

View PostKozzy, on 05 June 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

Jesus... why so much drama?  It's only a game.  If you enjoy playing it then play it and if you don't enjoy playing it go play something else.  Why do some people have to make it more complicated than that?

in fairness, we would miss this valued member of the WoT community if he had just left without a word.

KKtwenty #5 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9905 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
I think you should stop expecting in-depth answers on a public WOT forum.

FoxtrotWhiskey3 #6 Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15253 battles
  • [_GUN_] _GUN_

And here we have an example of what I meant when I was writing about the community... 

Guess what... this was supposed to be a small review and some hints toweards WG what they should do better. Also it is a drama since I spend a lot of money on the game and WG imo is ripping people off... 

Strappster #7 Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

PowJay #8 Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34907 battles

View PostFoxtrotWhiskey3, on 05 June 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

And here we have an example of what I meant when I was writing about the community... 

Guess what... this was supposed to be a small review and some hints toweards WG what they should do better. Also it is a drama since I spend a lot of money on the game and WG imo is ripping people off... 

1. It's all been said before ad nauseum.

2. Introducing yourself on the forum with such an extensive post saying all this again is possibly not the best way to start.

3. If you want to go, then go. No-one announcing their retirement from WoT ever gets a good reception.

4. I take your point that WG do need to consider all of the big and little things that are slowly altering- if not outrightly screwing up- this game.

unhappy_bunny #9 Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostFoxtrotWhiskey3, on 05 June 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

Dear community,

Game balance:

Community:

View PostFoxtrotWhiskey3, on 05 June 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

Lets summarise this.

You were playing the game and you were having fun, enjoying it. 

Then you took a break. You haven't said why you took a break, just that you did.

Then you came back to the game and a friend showed you how to play properly.

Now, what do you mean by 'properly'? Properly by his standards? Properly in that you no longer enjoyed playing but had adapted your play style to meet someone else criteria?

Then you post a wall of text that really has nothing to do with your enjoyment or not of the game, its just gripes and views that you have picked up from others and now you see these as ruining your life. Be perfectly honest with yourself. Are those things really spoiling the game for you? Or have those ideas been planted in your brain by listening to (or reading posts by) others?

You finish the first post with an invite for readers to comment upon your post. 

What happens then? You don't like the responses you get because they don't agree with your post.

You are entitled to your opinion, and you can express that opinion, but do not start criticising others for responding with country opinions, especially when you ask what others think. 

Now, if you really want to inform WG of your concerns about the game and to put forward suggestions, then there is a place to do that and a way to do it. It is not in this forum, nor is it the way you have expressed your self. If you want someone to take you seriously you do not accuse them of ripping people off. 

Whether you stay or go is entirely up to you. If you still enjoy the game then stay, if you really don't enjoy it, then leave. I doubt WG will change anything just because one player decides to leave, and anyway, why should they change something that others like just to please you? 

And I fully understand where you stated that you enjoyed the game more at lower tiers. If you look at my tanks, the one I play the most is the Matilda. Why? Because it is the tank that I get the most fun out of playing. Most sessions I start off, with the Tilly, the SU-85B, the Wolverine, before going on to other tanks. If platooning, my friends and I always play a few battles in the O-I. Why, because we have fun in that tank. When playing those tanks, we don't worry about OP Premiums, or mountain goating LT's, or any of the other niggles that the game can throw up. We laugh at idiots who rage in chat. We enjoy our time together in the game. Isn't that what a computer game should be about? 

imendars #10 Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10958 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPowJay, on 05 June 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

in fairness, we would miss this valued member of the WoT community if he had just left without a word.

I love your sarcasm/humor. :trollface:     :bajan:   :popcorn:

Ceeb #11 Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30079 battles
Youll find no one cares if you stay or go.  

Joggaman #12 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22982 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You should go. 

Or just go back to tier 5/6 for the fun. But be prepared to meet me there. 

Shivva #13 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29624 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View Postqpranger, on 05 June 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

OP, they don't really care about us.

T_H_F #14 Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32952 battles

Think the new MM is much better, they just need to fix the unbalance heavy MM that still happens sometime..

RaxipIx #15 Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28428 battles

I like the T95 OP, bit:))

antoine130 #16 Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5237 battles
  • [TAHA] TAHA

I agree with everything you said OP. I'm making a prolonged break myself until they buff the UK tech tree, i see no reason why i would waste hundreds of hours playing powercreeped tanks that were BAD even BEFORE the 2017 meta, i don't want to be cannon fodder to shittier players than me just because their tanks are better than mine. I REALLY like the FV 215b 183, the Conqueror, the Charioteer, Centurion 7/1.....but i'm not wasting my time playing things like AT-line, Challenger, Churchills, not even with 50% Gold ammo, i can afford to carry 100% gold ammo, but they're still not good enough to make me grind through them.

If anyone else is making a long break and has Steam/Origin, feel free to add me if you play NFS, Battlefield, GTA and Serious Sam online.....

Edited by antoine130, 06 June 2017 - 02:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users