WG dividing its playerbase way too much

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Shnuks #1 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:41 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37602 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Finally ranked battles are here (the reason i reinstalled to check em out), but they are time limited. 

This got me thinking, in the same time window you now have skirmishes, CW and advances, now we're getting Ranked battle in the same timeframe (also Team Battles). This is completely stupid and all its does is make the "involved" players even more spread out.

I haven't tried ranked yet, but in its current state SH/Advances and CW offer such puny rewards that i applaud people who still play them (Wargames are great aren't they?), but i'm just wondering why WG doesn't merge some of this game modes and give people an individual option and a team one, all with some proper rewards, not fragmented crap with insulting rewards, for people who contribute to the life of the game.

DracheimFlug #2 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles
I don't know what problems you are having but when I hit battle it is rare that it is even 5 seconds before I am tossed in one. But yeah, the game should have as little variety as possible, because you are afraid of being alone?

Shivva #3 Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29800 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View PostShnuks, on 05 June 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

Finally ranked battles are here (the reason i reinstalled to check em out), but they are time limited. 

This got me thinking, in the same time window you now have skirmishes, CW and advances, now we're getting Ranked battle in the same timeframe (also Team Battles). This is completely stupid and all its does is make the "involved" players even more spread out.

I haven't tried ranked yet, but in its current state SH/Advances and CW offer such puny rewards that i applaud people who still play them (Wargames are great aren't they?), but i'm just wondering why WG doesn't merge some of this game modes and give people an individual option and a team one, all with some proper rewards, not fragmented crap with insulting rewards, for people who contribute to the life of the game.

I agree, I don't do CW/SH anymore but it's a right crappy timeslot for ranked battles for all the folks who do still do CW/SH.

Shnuks #4 Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37602 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDracheimFlug, on 05 June 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

I don't know what problems you are having but when I hit battle it is rare that it is even 5 seconds before I am tossed in one. But yeah, the game should have as little variety as possible, because you are afraid of being alone?

What?

DracheimFlug #5 Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostShnuks, on 05 June 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

What?

What is your evidence that the player base is too divided?

signal11th #6 Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37160 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostDracheimFlug, on 05 June 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

What is your evidence that the player base is too divided?

You are missing the point of his post, what Shnuks is saying is that there's too many modes all running around the same time/ish and this will dilute modes that are already established. He's talking about time not angst with our basement dwelling sex-god players.

Edited by signal11th, 05 June 2017 - 12:36 PM.

DracheimFlug #7 Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 05 June 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

You are missing the point of his post, what Shnuks is saying is that there's too many modes all running around the same time/ish and this will dilute modes that are already established. He's talking about time not angst with our basement dwelling sex-god players.

And you missed mine. What is the proof that the player bases is too divided amongst all the modes? For that to be the case, one would have to show (a) a shortage of players in at least some modes and (b) that said shortage is a problem with the player base being too spread between modes rather than a specific problem with whichever mode is least popular..

CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37610 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postsignal11th, on 05 June 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

Maybe diminishing the CW rewards + same time slot is a deliberate tactic to encourage you to play Ranked and not spread the player base because no one is playing CW?

Shnuks #9 Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37602 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDracheimFlug, on 05 June 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

And you missed mine. What is the proof that the player bases is too divided amongst all the modes? For that to be the case, one would have to show (a) a shortage of players in at least some modes and (b) that said shortage is a problem with the player base being too spread between modes rather than a specific problem with whichever mode is least popular..

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 05 June 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

Maybe diminishing the CW rewards + same time slot is a deliberate tactic to encourage you to play Ranked and not spread the player base because no one is playing CW?

Some people are, if you check the map. A whole lot more play advances from 20 - 22. Skirmishes as well. I just find it stupid you need to choose which one to play.

Edited by Shnuks, 05 June 2017 - 12:45 PM.

signal11th #10 Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37160 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostDracheimFlug, on 05 June 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

He spoke about the "potential" not the actuality. He has a valid point, are you going to play a mode that offers meagre rewards or the mode that gives good rewards for your time? Take me I played campaigns up until the Chieftain/T95 "reward" 2 weeks playing the same maps over and over and they give you probably one of the worst tanks in the game, I don't play campaigns anymore...

Kozzy #11 Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostShnuks, on 05 June 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

What would be a good solution?  Would having different windows for each mode be a good plan?  Or perhaps no windows at all and just have them all running all of the time?  I don't know the answer but would like to hear it from purples/people who do a lot of competitive stuff (I do CW,advances/skirmishes but not very much as the moment).

I'm yet to actually try ranked but will do so very soon, I was quite positive to the idea but am getting a bad vibe about it the more I read about it.  

CmdRatScabies #12 Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37610 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostShnuks, on 05 June 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

Some people are, if you check the map. A whole lot more play advances from 20 - 22. Skirmishes as well. I just find it stupid you need to choose which one to play.

Well the tier 10 CW pool are probably 80% of the potential audience for Ranked so getting them to drop CW is probably necessary for Ranked to succeed.

Shnuks #13 Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37602 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostKozzy, on 05 June 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

What would be a good solution?  Would having different windows for each mode be a good plan?  Or perhaps no windows at all and just have them all running all of the time?  I don't know the answer but would like to hear it from purples/people who do a lot of competitive stuff (I do CW,advances/skirmishes but not very much as the moment).

I'm yet to actually try ranked but will do so very soon, I was quite positive to the idea but am getting a bad vibe about it the more I read about it.  

I don't do competitive anymore, because SH was ruined by skill MM and CW is boring and worthless reward wise (same goes for SH).

I think the best way would be to somehow combine SH/CW, get some proper rewards for it, so you have 1 really good dynamic teambased mode and ranked for indivual. Advances can still have a time window, but skirmishes and ranked i don't really see why they need it, especially if you combine them so people aren't divided between them so much. I completely forgot about ESL and various Face-it tourmanets as well, which divide even further.

The problem with ranked (spamming battles and getting better rank) would be to limit the amount of battles and i'd give better rewards all around. 

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 05 June 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Well the tier 10 CW pool are probably 80% of the potential audience for Ranked so getting them to drop CW is probably necessary for Ranked to succeed.

macenkrace #14 Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9812 battles
  • [RA-DV] RA-DV

it's stupid

it's elitist

it's nice to have premium for this

rewards are not for the tank you win with.

artillery is not included in this

IT just forces you to play artillery in random cause it's cancer not playing it. your teammates are already stupid enough and now an elitist mode to make good players even better. A Sir Foch to you wargamming.

qpranger #15 Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32512 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I promise I will do my utmost to re-unite the playerbase when I am made CC. 

Remember my ultimate election promise: one arty per team limit !! 

And now I also promise to re-schedule Rank Battles to the wee small hours!!

Lycopersicon #16 Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:24 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10610 battles
I was wondering about the same. I guess their idea is that during their ranked season, we are supposed to play there, screw the randoms and the rest.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 05 June 2017 - 02:25 PM.

Jigabachi #17 Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17927 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I don't care about any game or gamemode that requires me to be online at a certain time. I already have a job, no need for another one.

That said, I can't really judge it, but if what you explained is true, that would indeed be suboptimal. But then again, simply concentrate on one of the gamemodes and use the other one as a "filler".  

DracheimFlug #18 Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 05 June 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

He spoke about the "potential" not the actuality. He has a valid point, are you going to play a mode that offers meagre rewards or the mode that gives good rewards for your time? Take me I played campaigns up until the Chieftain/T95 "reward" 2 weeks playing the same maps over and over and they give you probably one of the worst tanks in the game, I don't play campaigns anymore...

So nothing new should be added 'just in case?'

Dr_Oolen #19 Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21827 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Well,

CW is already useless and has been for quite some time.

SHs are completely worthless.

Advances are being played only because they provide the best rewards, despite those rewards being completely useless (at least in terms of effort to get it/bonus you get) outside of advances themselves, where they dont matter one bit.

I wonder myself why people even bother with advances, its literally going through cancer so you can then play some more of the same cancer.

And it boils down to WG giving such piss-craprewards in such piss-crapcancer game modes. Simply put - you only get rewarded for playing crapmodes you wouldnt touch otherwise and then you get rewards that are either useless outside of the cancer modes (advances/sh) or are just not worth it at all in the first place (cw).

People will only play ranked to get useless crap, that in practice they wont use outside of the cancer mode as theyll have to spam that mode almost exclusively if they want to get more of the useless crap. Problem is theyll never realize that they are spending their time doing completely useless crapthat they dont even enjoy and wouldnt touch in the first place if they wanted to have fun.

Suggestion? Completely remove CW as it is now, keep only SH - reverting it to exactly the state it was in before the changes that rekt it and make current advances into "new" cw with seasons with rewards that have nothing to do with SH, so gold, special camos and stuff like that with better rewards than current CW gives.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users