• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

tank_predator #1 Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30088 battles
  • [SW1PE] SW1PE

Hi all,

I don't post often but lately I feel more & more oppressed by team players in random battles, and it really spoils the gameplay for me.

I'm used since the beginning of players polluting the game in the in-game chat (or direct message in the garage) making harsh or insulting comments (sometimes very brutal), I've learned to ignore them.

But now those same agressive and insulting players have found a new way to distract and spam their team : untimely clik on the mini map until the end of the game, making it very difficult to concentrate and pay attention to "real" events. Those players usually die quickly in the game, or sit at the back waiting for targets, and try to give ordres to other players on how they must play (and even sometimes shoot them, should they not comply), then they start cliking untimely on a mini-map location at a psychedelic rate to pollute the game, and it mostly is impossibles to make it stop, since you can't just sit out the fight to go make changes in the chat-rules of the game. So you have to endure this spam until you find a quiet spot to ban the responsable player. But since the mini map clik generates a message in the chat that will position itself on top of players list on my small screen (720p/13inch), i can't even reach the nickname of the player to make a right clik on it > ignore, because the spam he creates prevents me for accessing his nickname in the background.

My dearest wish would be an "auto anti-spam" feature implemented in the game : should the game detect a player cliking repeatedly at a frenetic rate on the mini-map, it should activate a short period chat/clik ban (10s for example). Should the player spam again, the ban would last the entire game.

Team players behaviour in random battles is starting to make me feel more and more uncomfortable in the game, and the mini map frenetic clik is the cherry on top of it all. 

I hope that some of you share my point, and that it will reach WG game designers somehow eventually...

Edited by tank_predator, 05 June 2017 - 03:07 PM.

tank_predator #2 Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30088 battles
  • [SW1PE] SW1PE

Thanks a lot, I never noticed that before, going to check that out right now ;)

Cheers mate!

But you still need to interrupt your gameplay, that stays a drawback.

Edited by tank_predator, 05 June 2017 - 03:22 PM.

Shivva #3 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29175 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
There are mods available which will automatically block spamming, I don't use one myself but I'm sure most of the popular modpacks will have them.

peekakilla #4 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9250 battles
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S

turn off the chat, mute the spammers, and you already improved your WOT experience by a large margin.

DerpYa #5 Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5037 battles

View Postpeekakilla, on 05 June 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

turn off the chat, mute the spammers, and you already improved your WOT experience by a large margin.

Disabling chat does NOT stop ping SPAM.

Only blacklisting the idiot.

But you must fumble in the list, trying to find the moron under  a bazilllion SPAMs. :(

And the reds... just waiting for you to be distracted... :angry:

CmdPrompt #6 Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29586 battles
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O

Labrador_wow_wow #7 Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26682 battles
  • [I-C-U] I-C-U

I really don't get why they haven't limited the amount of map pings. There's a timer for platoon invitations but not the map.

* no, I shouldn't have to install a mod to fix that. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users