Would you sell any of your premium tanks for gold?

would you sell premium tank gold poll!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Sell your premium tanks for gold? (45 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you sell a premium tank if you could get gold in return for it?

1. Yes (41 votes [91.11%])

Percentage of vote: 91.11%

2. No (4 votes [8.89%])

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

If yes, how much gold (as a percentage of the purchase price) would you think is fair?

1. < 50% (1 vote [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

2. 50% (18 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. 51-60% (4 votes [8.89%])

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

4. 61-70% (7 votes [15.56%])

Percentage of vote: 15.56%

5. > 70% (12 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

6. I answered 'no' but can't complete the poll without this option (3 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Hide poll

Strappster #1 Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

General

• Player
  • 23587 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

This is something I've posted a couple of times recently with regard to my Defender and I'm interested in what others think. Would you sell your premium tanks if you received gold instead of credits?

I certainly would. The Defender for a start, then probably my AT-15A, FCM 50t, Berlin IS-2 (though I'd keep that if it meant I'd have to give up the crew too), Panther 8.8 and possibly my Ravioli. Sure, the Ravioli was improved recently and is a much better tank than it was but I have more fun in the T-34-3 and earn similar credits because of the 390 alpha.

As for what I'd like to get for them, I think 50% of the purchase price is fair. I've played all my premiums, some of them have over 100 battles, so I've certainly enjoyed the benefits in terms of crew training and credit grinding. We can currently sell them for 50% of the gold value in credits, so making that 50% gold instead of silver shouldn't break the game economy.

Why I'd prefer to get gold for them is simple. We can only try premium tanks before we buy on the test server and even then only those which are available for purchase in the tech tree. Test drives on the test server are fine in principle but in practice it's nearly impossible to get a real-game impression of a tank because of the amount of gold spam and pervading yolo-rush tactics.

Other premiums we have to buy on faith and if it turns out that we've bought a lemon or what we thought might be good armour turns out to be as easily penned with standard ammo as it was with gold during tests or we simply don't get along with it (looking at my Defender again), we're stuck with it unless we want to fund something with credits.

The issue I have with that is that credits can be earned simply by playing the game so by their nature, any in-game value they have is transitory. Sure, selling a tank for gold means there won't be another injection of funds to purchase that gold but WG are already ahead by 50% on the transaction so it won't break their accounts either.

What do you think?

TL; DR: Subject line and poll.

WhosNachos #2 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25076 battles

This is something I've posted a couple of times recently with regard to my Defender and I'm interested in what others think. Would you sell your premium tanks if you received gold instead of credits?

No because i dont buy prem tanks to sell them.

arthurwellsley #3 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50482 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostStrappster, on 05 June 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

I certainly would. The Defender for a start, then probably my AT-15A, FCM 50t, Berlin IS-2 (though I'd keep that if it meant I'd have to give up the crew too), Panther 8.8 and possibly my Ravioli.

a lemon

I do not have a Defender, Panther 8.8 or Ravioli.

AT15A I find a decent crew trainer

FCM decent crew trainer (not what it was prior to 9.18)

ISBerlin - useful for the occasional tier VII platoon, but no other reason to keep.

I would sell T34, I hate the long re-load.

Strappster #4 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 23587 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWhosNachos, on 05 June 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

No because i dont buy prem tanks to sell them.

I don't think anyone does; it'd be a pretty dumb way to fund gold by only getting 50% of the value you put in.

Don't you have any premiums that you no longer play or that you don't enjoy playing? If you do, why not get something a bit more valuable in return for them? If not, good for you, I wish I was as happy with all my purchases. :)

Browarszky #5 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14904 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
I would gladly sell my T34.. I think I may have to sell it for silver unless there are will be other options available soon...

Desyatnik_Pansy #6 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:12 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I would sell pretty much every Premium I own except maybe the STA-2, since I don't play them anymore (or ever) and the only reason I don't really sell some of them is I'd feel bad selling tanks people gifted to me for nothing more than like 10 Credits. Atleast if I sold them for half their price in Gold I'd still get use out of them so I wouldn't feel as bad for the people who were stupid enough to waste money on me. 

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 05 June 2017 - 04:17 PM.

Strappster #7 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 23587 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postarthurwellsley, on 05 June 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

I do not have a Defender, Panther 8.8 or Ravioli.

AT15A I find a decent crew trainer

FCM decent crew trainer (not what it was prior to 9.18)

ISBerlin - useful for the occasional tier VII platoon, but no other reason to keep.

I would sell T34, I hate the long re-load.

To be clear, I was listing those tanks I no longer play very often as ones I'd probably sell, not trying to build an exhaustive list of 'bad' premiums. I'm conscious that other players may really enjoy tanks that I don't get along with (e.g. that bloody Defender) and the only judgement I'm putting on them is that I wouldn't keep them if I could get an amount of gold in return.

I like to put permanent camo on all my 'keeper' tanks. I also like to put emblems and inscriptions on some of them, it's fun to have something a little different from the tank next to you in spawn. I can also see the value of using gold for skill resets and changing the main qualification of some of my crew, such as the radio operator who's got 3 skills from earlier tanks but is languishing in the barracks because the loader took his job when the crew moved to tier 8, for example.

EggyTheGumGumChewer #8 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16312 battles
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
Should be about 40% since it is possible to buy tier 5- prems for 50% of their original cost during special events.

Isharial #9 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18318 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

im not entirely sure if I would sell them or not...

I only have 4 premiums at the moment, and only 2 of those I actually paid real money for (Lorr + Strv 42/57).. the Strv gave me enough gold that I bought a tank with it (M4A1 Rev), and the last tank I got free with a card game (B2)....

the only one id consider getting rid of, would be the B2 as I never use it... that's mostly due to the fact I have no german heavies for it to train crew for, but I might do in the future, so I think id rather hold onto it

if I had 100+ premiums with a few I never even click on.. then my view would probably be different so that's why I cant really vote

Edited by Clarrissa_the_Third, 05 June 2017 - 04:45 PM.

Strappster #10 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:49 PM

General

• Player
  • 23587 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEggyTheGumGumChewer, on 05 June 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

Should be about 40% since it is possible to buy tier 5- prems for 50% of their original cost during special events.

Fair point, I was thinking about the tier 7 and 8 premiums in my garage as I'd keep all the lower ones because even if I don't get on with them, they're much better for training a fresh 75% crew.

I sold the Pz. T 25 for credits a while back as I couldn't get along with it but if I could sell the P88 for gold, I'd buy it back. When it was half-price, of course.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users