What a joke, 100% Pay to win now

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Duncandonut #1 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11439 battles
Well done WG, just played a ranked match and every round shot at me was Premium. Ranked is supposed to be about skill. There is no skill at all in spamming gold. This game has just become the biggest joke, seriously I cannot comprehend who thought that having ranked games and premium ammo in a game is a good idea. Will never pay another penny to WG. Have purchased Premium Tanks to collect them, have purchased game time. However that ends today.

DracheimFlug #2 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostDuncandonut, on 05 June 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

Well done WG, just played a ranked match and every round shot at me was Premium. Ranked is supposed to be about skill. There is no skill at all in spamming gold. This game has just become the biggest joke, seriously I cannot comprehend who thought that having ranked games and premium ammo in a game is a good idea. Will never pay another penny to WG. Have purchased Premium Tanks to collect them, have purchased game time. However that ends today.

So if you load premium ammunition, it all is guaranteed to hit and penetrate, no matter how bad your aim and no matter how you and the other tank position and no matter what you are firing from and what at? Interesting, if true. So.... why are the Maus and Types considered OP exactly?

Bonus question: So if you and the enemy player both load premium, you both win?

Duncandonut #3 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11439 battles

Stop and think about what you just posted. I just played a game in my STRV103-B, 18 shots were fired at me and everyone of them was premium. I have never and will never load premium ammo as it takes no skill at all to press the 2 key. I go for weak spots. Sure the Maus and Type 5 are overpowered, but they still have weak spots and they are what I go for. Does not take Premium ammo to penetrate these weak spots. By pressing the 2 key you increase the penetration percentage by a lot. Therefore taking no skill at all.

This is supposed to be ranked. All about skill. It is not about who has the bigger wallet. You want to earn commendations, then earn them from not spamming gold and using skill.

Witsdontlie #4 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15388 battles

View PostDuncandonut, on 05 June 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

Stop and think about what you just posted. I just played a game in my STRV103-B, 18 shots were fired at me and everyone of them was premium. I have never and will never load premium ammo as it takes no skill at all to press the 2 key. I go for weak spots. Sure the Maus and Type 5 are overpowered, but they still have weak spots and they are what I go for. Does not take Premium ammo to penetrate these weak spots. By pressing the 2 key you increase the penetration percentage by a lot. Therefore taking no skill at all.

This is supposed to be ranked. All about skill. It is not about who has the bigger wallet. You want to earn commendations, then earn them from not spamming gold and using skill.

Your tank has 308 pen, the T110E5 for example has exactly 50 less pen than you and 32 more if he loads premium. Not everyone drives your tank and has the luxury of being able to penetrate weak spots on these tanks, so yours is an empty brag.

Can you go here http://tanks.gg/tank...e-5-heavy/model

and tell me where I'm supposed to pen this frontally with 258 pen?

Hedgehog1963 #5 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50889 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostDracheimFlug, on 05 June 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

Bonus question: So if you and the enemy player both load premium, you both win?

View PostDuncandonut, on 05 June 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

Answer his question.

Schmeksiman #6 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16275 battles
  • [INC] INC
People saying prem ammo takes no skill are the ones without skill.

Dennyb #7 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21178 battles

View PostSchmeksiman, on 05 June 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

People saying prem ammo takes no skill are the ones without skill.

Premium ammo takes no skill.

Pansenmann #8 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33678 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDennyb, on 05 June 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

you are correct - it is skill.

AliceUnchained #9 Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:53 PM

General

• Player
  • 38126 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostDennyb, on 05 June 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

Point proven. It would be fairly easy to tie intelligence into this as well...

Jack_Dexter #10 Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31523 battles
  • [9-12L] 9-12L

I would be happy if you could only buy premium shells with gold and not credits as at least on the very odd occasion my armour bounced one or my last 10 hitpoints were stolen by a premium shell I could smile that it had cost the player real money.

i do carry premium shells but only for use in retaliation.

ZlatanArKung #11 Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:05 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Well,if T10 wasn't one of the worst balanced tiers in game, prem ammo wouldnt be mandatory for sub 290pen guns.

gpalsson #12 Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:45 AM

General

• Player
  • 22134 battles
Guy with 310 pen std ammo act holy about premium ammo.... Sigh.
Anyway, with balance in t10 being as retarded as it is, gold ammo is needed and ranked is kind of tryhard exp farm mode, and just seems like a terrible waste of bloodpressure medicine.

DracheimFlug #13 Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:01 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostJack_Dexter, on 06 June 2017 - 12:01 AM, said:

I would be happy if you could only buy premium shells with gold and not credits as at least on the very odd occasion my armour bounced one or my last 10 hitpoints were stolen by a premium shell I could smile that it had cost the player real money.

i do carry premium shells but only for use in retaliation.

This is the problem. People with armour complain about it being too easy to pen them. They add tanks that are harder to pen, and people complain about that too.

People want to drive the proverbial immovable object while also being an irresistable force. The two cannot coexist.

And if premium rounds were only available for gold, that would be more P2W, not less.

truoste #14 Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36836 battles
I saw so many Mice and Types getting gold plated in that mode that it actually made me happy: players re balanced the game just the way WG intended! Every Mouse & Type driver deserves to get "some" gold fired at them. 

lonigus #15 Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32631 battles

Being mad about gold ammo... Its getting old lol. I cant be mad at people for shooting gold at my Maus. 

People using gold ammo for the very important damage and kills. Missed out 3 hits due to a bounce can mean a lost chevron in the end.

CenturionA1 #16 Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13629 battles
I think people should be happy that there is so much wrong in ranked battles, now the random battle que should be cleaner. ;) Even if you dont get some shiny new equipment.

TankkiPoju #17 Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:46 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

View PostDuncandonut, on 05 June 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

Or... you could not play Ranked battles and stay away from tier 10 completely. 

I have to say it is a bit funny your most played tank is the deathstar though... the tank everyone shoots full premium in.

250swb #18 Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21707 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Ranked battles are all about speed, not skill. So just as in a Random battles using premium ammo to get quickly past a minor inconvenience to the important part of the battlefield is a tactic, in Ranked battles it is a necessity. Skill would involve players carefully trading shots to see who comes out on top and to gain satisfaction from that, Ranked are all about the rewards of being at the top of each team, not necessarily the best player on each team.

OreH75 #19 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46926 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

Havent seen this comment yet: Replay of those 18 premium shots fired at you or it didn't happen. And no excuses like "i dont have replays enabled", making a claim on the forums should at least be supported by 1 replay (minimum).

DracheimFlug #20 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:15 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View Post250swb, on 06 June 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

Ranked battles are all about speed, not skill. So just as in a Random battles using premium ammo to get quickly past a minor inconvenience to the important part of the battlefield is a tactic, in Ranked battles it is a necessity. Skill would involve players carefully trading shots to see who comes out on top and to gain satisfaction from that, Ranked are all about the rewards of being at the top of each team, not necessarily the best player on each team.

So in ranked battles there is no maneuver at all, everyone in every battle just moves forward until they see the enemy then starts firing. There is no cover, no difficulty aiming, and angling doesn't matter at all?

'About speed, not skill'.... are you saying that racing doesn't involve skill?

Don't get me wrong, I have no Tier 10's and thus can't even consider this mode, but would still like to understand it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users