Jump to content


Tiger 131 Joins Italeri’s World of Tanks Arsenal!


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 22,927
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Assembly required and wholeheartedly encouraged - the world's most famous German heavy tank joins the Italeri range!

The full text of the news item

SlyMeerkat #2 Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13642 battles
  • 1,220
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
Would like to get into these things but the price is so over the top, i dont bother :/

qqq10 #3 Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22627 battles
  • 170
  • [_PPP_] _PPP_
  • Member since:
    04-24-2013
Then don't go for this overpriced crap. Usually the good tank kits start at around 35EUR (Dragon etc.) but, depending on what is it that you're looking for, you can get them a lot cheaper. Great place to start would be the older Tamiya kits. Their Bulldog goes for around 10EUR and even though it's quite old, it still builds into a really nice model.

Alabamatick #4 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:12 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31849 battles
  • 2,852
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 06 June 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Would like to get into these things but the price is so over the top, i dont bother :/

 

Yes they are expensive compared to other manufacturers, i would still like one tho, however it's only 1:35 scale and i prefer 1:32, unfortunately that scale is quite rare now :(

 

Off topic, i would have posted this on my phone this morning but when i try to login it says server temporarily unavailable, (it has done for a couple of months now i think (it's fine with other sites))



jabster #5 Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:25 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12168 battles
  • 19,318
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View Postqqq10, on 06 June 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

Then don't go for this overpriced crap. Usually the good tank kits start at around 35EUR (Dragon etc.) but, depending on what is it that you're looking for, you can get them a lot cheaper. Great place to start would be the older Tamiya kits. Their Bulldog goes for around 10EUR and even though it's quite old, it still builds into a really nice model.

 

Your average Dragon AFV kit does not start at €35 let alone the Tiger ones. A more valid criticism would be it's not Tiger 131.

Edited by jabster, 07 June 2017 - 11:04 AM.


Alex_Connor #6 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 15981 battles
  • 191
  • Member since:
    11-29-2012
Missed chance to bundle this with a code for the Tiger 131 premium...

justintime4t #7 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:53 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21457 battles
  • 376
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

"As far as rarity goes, you don’t get much more unique than the Tiger 131 . Captured in Tunisia by British forces in 1943, it was the only remaining Tiger I tank in the world… until now!"


 

Are you seriously saying that if you make a model of something then it becomes a real thing?


 

I'd better go and build all those star wars model kits I've got and then I will have a real life spaceship....



jabster #8 Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12168 battles
  • 19,318
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 06 June 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Would like to get into these things but the price is so over the top, i dont bother :/

 

Have a look for some of the older Tamiya kits. They may not be up today's standards but they still build into decent kits.



Hokum15 #9 Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30468 battles
  • 1,919
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO
  • Member since:
    06-06-2012
Amazon have the Italeri Tiger E for £15... 

Alabamatick #10 Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31849 battles
  • 2,852
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011

View Postjabster, on 07 June 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

 

Have a look for some of the older Tamiya kits. They may not be up today's standards but they still build into decent kits.

 

View PostHokum15, on 07 June 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Amazon have the Italeri Tiger E for £15... 

 

Only 1:35 scale tho :(

jabster #11 Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12168 battles
  • 19,318
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostAlabamatick, on 07 June 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

 

 

Only 1:35 scale tho :(

 

You'll be waiting a long, long time for an armour kit in 1/32.

Alabamatick #12 Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:41 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31849 battles
  • 2,852
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011

View Postjabster, on 07 June 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

 

You'll be waiting a long, long time for an armour kit in 1/32.

 

I know and you have to be careful when buying online as it often says 1:32 scale on the title, but in the details it's 1:35:sceptic: I have built a crusader iii and I'm currently building Rommels half track, both in 1:32

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by Alabamatick, 08 June 2017 - 12:42 PM.


jabster #13 Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12168 battles
  • 19,318
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostAlabamatick, on 08 June 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

 

I know and you have to be careful when buying online as it often says 1:32 scale on the title, but in the details it's 1:35:sceptic: I have built a crusader iii and I'm currently building Rommels half track, both in 1:32

 

 

Off the top of my head I can't think of any current vendor issuing armour kits in 1/32. I have to ask though why does it make such a difference?



The_Trickster #14 Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 51054 battles
  • 205
  • [SCRWD] SCRWD
  • Member since:
    09-15-2010
iirc Revell still do a few 1:32 scale military kits. Become a rare scale these days.

jabster #15 Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12168 battles
  • 19,318
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostHokum15, on 07 June 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Amazon have the Italeri Tiger E for £15... 

 

That's a pretty good price especially considering that I assume it's basically the same kit as the 131.

Alabamatick #16 Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31849 battles
  • 2,852
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011

View Postjabster, on 08 June 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

 

Off the top of my head I can't think of any current vendor issuing armour kits in 1/32. I have to ask though why does it make such a difference?

 

My type of visual impairment, means the very small  pieces in kits < 1:32 scale are very very difficult to see

 

+ the fact because i started with the crusader mk iii in 1:32, i want my other models in the same scale

 

Edit: I sorted my phone problem out, i had block all cookies on :facepalm:, i changed back to block some


Edited by Alabamatick, 08 June 2017 - 07:57 PM.


jabster #17 Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:29 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12168 battles
  • 19,318
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostAlabamatick, on 08 June 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

 

My type of visual impairment, means the very small  pieces in kits < 1:32 scale are very very difficult to see

 

+ the fact because i started with the crusader mk iii in 1:32, i want my other models in the same scale

 

Edit: I sorted my phone problem out, i had block all cookies on :facepalm:, i changed back to block some

 

To be honest if that's the problem I'd say the real issue is which kits you go for and not the scale itself. I'd avoid Dragon and Bronco like the plague but some of the Tamiya kits would seem suitable. Not much you can do about being in exactly the same scale though!

Alabamatick #18 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31849 battles
  • 2,852
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011
After i posted last time, i found a Pz iv H on amazon 1:32 for £19.79, along with the half-track, it should keep me busy for a wHile

jabster #19 Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:25 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12168 battles
  • 19,318
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostAlabamatick, on 09 June 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

After i posted last time, i found a Pz iv H on amazon 1:32 for £19.79, along with the half-track, it should keep me busy for a wHile

 

Well you'll have the whole Monogram back catalogue to keep you busy!

 

As for small parts, try this for size!

 


Edited by jabster, 10 June 2017 - 06:26 PM.


Alabamatick #20 Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31849 battles
  • 2,852
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011

View Postjabster, on 10 June 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

 

Well you'll have the whole Monogram back catalogue to keep you busy!

 

As for small parts, try this for size!

 

 

Yes, it was Revell monogram and geez, i use reading specs and 2 magnifiers and i'd still struggle with that

 

also, pro tip, if you have have bad eyesight avoid airfix, the parts are ok but the part no's on the sprue are a pig, (a real faint pig) to read

 

also, why does the auto spell checker think that "sprue" is incorrectly spelt :confused:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users